Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Beauty and babies.Follow

#1 Jul 18 2014 at 4:50 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,290 posts
My cousin had a kid a year ago, and her younger brother, a senior in high school, just got a new girlfriend. This baby is a little over a year old, and is obsessed with this young lady. All you have to do is say her name and he's looking all over for her. Recently took some family photos, and all they had to do to get a smile on his face and have him look at the camera was have her either take the pictures, or stand by the person taking the pictures. Strangely enough, it also worked with all the other men at the event. Needless to say, the girl is attractive, and in a very "this is what media says young women should look like" way.

It's not the first time I've seen a young kid take a liking to a beautiful girl. One that would appear to be too young to have been corrupted by a media's skewed view of beauty.

I wonder how innate what we find attractive is vs what culture tells us it is.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#2 Jul 18 2014 at 4:59 PM Rating: Excellent
TirithRR wrote:
I wonder how innate what we find attractive is vs what culture tells us it is.

A picture of her would help us help you answer that.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#3 Jul 18 2014 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Friar Bijou wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I wonder how innate what we find attractive is vs what culture tells us it is.

A picture of her would help us help you answer that.


^
____________________________
Sandinmygun | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#4 Jul 18 2014 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,290 posts
Sandinmygum wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I wonder how innate what we find attractive is vs what culture tells us it is.

A picture of her would help us help you answer that.


^


I would, but apparently she's not an avid social media user. Her profile only has pictures from what appears to be a few years ago.

Smiley: frown

That, and I'd feel even creepier posting pictures of a 17 year old girl (who isn't some random internet girl) to an internet forum...

Edited, Jul 18th 2014 7:46pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#5 Jul 18 2014 at 7:12 PM Rating: Good
TirithRR wrote:
Sandinmygum wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I wonder how innate what we find attractive is vs what culture tells us it is.

A picture of her would help us help you answer that.
^
I would, but apparently she's not an avid social media user. Her profile only has pictures from what appears to be a few years ago.
Smiley: frown
That, and I'd feel even creepier posting pictures of a 17 year old girl (who isn't some random internet girl) to an internet forum...

It isn't creepy is she's horrid or plain. Then it's just sad.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#6 Jul 18 2014 at 10:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,913 posts
#7 Jul 19 2014 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,551 posts
The more "average" a face is, the more attractive we find it, oddly enough. It's features that deviate from the norm that make someone not quite as attractive. That's also why we can consider attractiveness of people from other ethnicities besides our own, since human attractiveness is cross cultural.

The science-ey explanation is that if a face is more average, it matches more perfectly what our mental map says a face should look like.


Edited, Jul 19th 2014 9:06pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#8 Jul 20 2014 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,078 posts
Catwho wrote:
The more "average" a face is, the more attractive we find it, oddly enough. It's features that deviate from the norm that make someone not quite as attractive. That's also why we can consider attractiveness of people from other ethnicities besides our own, since human attractiveness is cross cultural.

The science-ey explanation is that if a face is more average, it matches more perfectly what our mental map says a face should look like. [/i]


Not really the right conclusion. That's a study that is looking for the reason average faces are scored above averagely. That methodology shows that due to a lack of deformity, averaged characteristics means above average attractiveness. High attractiveness is not the same as averaged features however, it's features who correspond with classical beauty which are not average. Some attractiveness is cross ethnicity but some is not.


____________________________
Just as Planned.
#9 Jul 21 2014 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
******
44,534 posts
How big are her boobs? Maybe he's like Mikey and thinks its lunch.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CST
Calthine, Anonymous Guests (49)