Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

@#$%Follow

#1 Apr 24 2014 at 8:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Nothing like putting in a 14-hour day and finally getting out only to have to call AAA for a tow. Now I'm stuck waiting for an estimated 90 minutes. I think there's a leak in the clutch line. The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without disengaging. I checked the fluid reservoir and it's bone dry. I just had the oil changed and the fluids topped off last week, so I suppose they could have flushed it to change the fluid and not actually replaced it. However, I don't think I oculd have been driving it for the past week if that were the case.

Can't wait to find out how much this is going to run. I should learn to work on cars.

Also, Tuesday I was trimming the hedges and caught my finger with the hedge clippers. So obviously I'm a moron because I wasn't wearing gloves, and I reached my hand out to push one branch away so I could get at a lower one. The lower one was thick, and the clippers kicked up into my left hand. At least I didn't catch the nail or crush the tip off, I guess.

**** this week.

Edited, Apr 24th 2014 10:45pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#2 Apr 24 2014 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
I found a quarter this morning in the road if it makes you feel any better...
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#3 Apr 24 2014 at 9:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
I found a quarter this morning in the road if it makes you feel any better...
A quarter of his finger?
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#4 Apr 24 2014 at 10:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
I found a quarter this morning in the road if it makes you feel any better...
A quarter of his finger?
Smiley: lol
____________________________
Banh
#5 Apr 25 2014 at 1:13 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Maybe you'll be compensated for your bad luck by winning the lottery next week?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#6 Apr 25 2014 at 8:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,796 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Nothing like putting in a 14-hour day and finally getting out only to have to call AAA for a tow. Now I'm stuck waiting for an estimated 90 minutes. I think there's a leak in the clutch line. The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without disengaging. I checked the fluid reservoir and it's bone dry. I just had the oil changed and the fluids topped off last week, so I suppose they could have flushed it to change the fluid and not actually replaced it. However, I don't think I oculd have been driving it for the past week if that were the case.
Maybe they didn't close a cap or gasket or whatever properly and it has been slowly leaking out? I narrowly avoided that with my ATF last time I had it changed because I noticed the small pool under the car.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#7 Apr 25 2014 at 8:13 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,275 posts
Sounds like the perfect excuse to set the car on fire and push it into the hedges.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#8 Apr 25 2014 at 8:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
When my sister was two years old, she was playing outside with a ball while my mother trimmed the hedges with an electric trimmer. Ball went into the bush, my sister reached in from the other side where my mom couldn't see her and my sister lost the top of her index finger. Wasn't enough left of the tip in good enough shape to reattach so now she has a somewhat stubby index finger with a little nubbin of nail at the end.

So see? It could have been worse!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#9 Apr 25 2014 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
I went to the gas station the other week to get a iced coffee...while I was inside, my vehicle rolled across the street and hit a parked car.

Feel a little better?
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#10 Apr 25 2014 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I went to the gas station the other week to get a iced coffee...while I was inside, my vehicle rolled across the street and hit a parked car.

Feel a little better?
Slightly.
____________________________
Banh
#11 Apr 25 2014 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I went to the gas station the other week to get a iced coffee...while I was inside, my vehicle rolled across the street and hit a parked car.

Feel a little better?


You have a habit of leaving your car in neutral or something?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#12 Apr 25 2014 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
TirithRR wrote:
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I went to the gas station the other week to get a iced coffee...while I was inside, my vehicle rolled across the street and hit a parked car.

Feel a little better?


You have a habit of leaving your car in neutral or something?


Normally no... but I'm new to driving this truck, and hadn't been able to find the emergency brake at that point, it was cold so I didn't want to shut the engine off to put it into gear, I just didn't realize it was that windy out. Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#13 Apr 25 2014 at 12:07 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
I have an automatic, so I don't have to worry about forgetting...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#14 Apr 25 2014 at 3:48 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,875 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
Nothing like putting in a 14-hour day and finally getting out only to have to call AAA for a tow. Now I'm stuck waiting for an estimated 90 minutes. I think there's a leak in the clutch line. The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without disengaging. I checked the fluid reservoir and it's bone dry. I just had the oil changed and the fluids topped off last week, so I suppose they could have flushed it to change the fluid and not actually replaced it. However, I don't think I oculd have been driving it for the past week if that were the case.
Maybe they didn't close a cap or gasket or whatever properly and it has been slowly leaking out? I narrowly avoided that with my ATF last time I had it changed because I noticed the small pool under the car.


Yeah. Sometimes shops will break or cut something when doing work and cause this kind of problem. I had the same thing happen with my breaks. I'd had the pads replaced and somehow the guy doing the work clipped the line. Noticed a pool under one of my wheels, so thankfully the breaks never actually fully failed. It happens.


Spoonless? Did you just adding clutch fluid to the reservoir? Or is the clutch toasted?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#15 Apr 26 2014 at 1:54 PM Rating: Good
*
229 posts
Jophiel wrote:
When my sister was two years old, she was playing outside with a ball while my mother trimmed the hedges with an electric trimmer. Ball went into the bush, my sister reached in from the other side where my mom couldn't see her and my sister lost the top of her index finger. Wasn't enough left of the tip in good enough shape to reattach so now she has a somewhat stubby index finger with a little nubbin of nail at the end.

What did you do with the tip?

Did you bury it, eat it, throw it at a neighbour...? I'd have anonymously sent it to the police.

Edited, Apr 26th 2014 3:56pm by Demoncard
#16 Apr 29 2014 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Apparently, it was a busted slave cylinder. $127 repair bill. Not as terrible as it could have been, for sure.
____________________________
Banh
#17 Apr 29 2014 at 11:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Demoncard wrote:
What did you do with the tip?

I was in utero at the time so I didn't do anything with it. I would assume the hospital disposed of it when it was deemed not to be salvageable.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#18 Apr 29 2014 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,337 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Apparently, it was a busted slave cylinder. $127 repair bill. Not as terrible as it could have been, for sure.


You use slaves to power your vehicle? Shame on you good sir. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#19 Apr 29 2014 at 1:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
What's wrong with that? At $90 a piece they're the same price as a tank or two of gas, so pay for themselves quite quickly.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#20 Apr 29 2014 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,337 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
What's wrong with that? At $90 a piece they're the same price as a tank or two of gas, so pay for themselves quite quickly.


$90? I don't let my tank drop past half, and I only have to fill it once a week.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#21 Apr 29 2014 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
What's wrong with that? At $90 a piece they're the same price as a tank or two of gas, so pay for themselves quite quickly.


$90? I don't let my tank drop past half, and I only have to fill it once a week.
Yeah, so what they pay for themselves in like 3 weeks then? Granted you have to feed them, so it'll take a bit longer than that. Dog food isn't all that expensive though, and besides that's what Costco cards are for. Smiley: cool
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#22 Apr 29 2014 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,216 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
What's wrong with that? At $90 a piece they're the same price as a tank or two of gas, so pay for themselves quite quickly.


$90? I don't let my tank drop past half, and I only have to fill it once a week.
Yeah, so what they pay for themselves in like 3 weeks then? Granted you have to feed them, so it'll take a bit longer than that. Dog food isn't all that expensive though, and besides that's what Costco cards are for. Smiley: cool

Food stamps. They should qualify since they're not getting paid.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#23 Apr 29 2014 at 1:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
What's wrong with that? At $90 a piece they're the same price as a tank or two of gas, so pay for themselves quite quickly.


$90? I don't let my tank drop past half, and I only have to fill it once a week.
Yeah, so what they pay for themselves in like 3 weeks then? Granted you have to feed them, so it'll take a bit longer than that. Dog food isn't all that expensive though, and besides that's what Costco cards are for. Smiley: cool

Food stamps. They should qualify since they're not getting paid.
That reminds me, I need to talk with Mr. ID card spammer guy again sometime about... um... stuff... Smiley: um
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#24 Apr 29 2014 at 2:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
someproteinguy wrote:
Granted you have to feed them, so it'll take a bit longer than that. Dog food isn't all that expensive though, and besides that's what Costco cards are for. Smiley: cool

Buy your slaves by the case and throw them away as they starve!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#25 Apr 29 2014 at 11:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Don't call it slavery, call it labor arbitrage.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CST
Kuwoobie, Anonymous Guests (55)