Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Quran learning onlineFollow

#52 Jul 12 2013 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
cynyck wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's a porter, it should be served at close to room temperature. And if you serve it relatively cold and drink it slowly you can smell and taste the difference as it warms up.
Sheesh. Science is hard.

I just can't drink warm beer. I may have to go through the rest of my life missing out on that. Too much warm beer in college to undo the taste memory now.

I'm not saying warm, just room temperature instead of freezing. And it will be totally worth it with porters and beers like barleywines and quadruples.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#53 Jul 13 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
What Joph Aethien said.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#54 Jul 28 2013 at 7:01 AM Rating: Decent
I have never gotten the fascination with beer, it tastes like sh*t, warm or cold. I think it's just psychological.

Now a nice glass of icewine, or some Chivas...
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#55 Jul 28 2013 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
No different than any alcohol.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#56 Jul 29 2013 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
No different than any alcohol.

Not really, Chivas actually does taste very nice, and I defy anyone to say they hate ice wine. Some alcohols I can definitely see, like poor quality bourbon, Guiness (lolbeer), or pretty much any super harsh hard liquor. Bailey's is just plain tasty. OH! And root beer schnapps. I was super pissed when they discontinued that at the LCBO. That stuff made any root beer the uber root beer. There was also this cream cicle mix too, but it is gone too, or at least I haven't seen it.

Plus mix drinks/shots can really taste radically different than their component drinks, and can be far less harsh.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#57 Jul 29 2013 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
Fine, go ahead, keep being wrong. No skin off my back.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#58 Jul 29 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Fine, go ahead, keep being wrong. No skin off my back.

Why would I care if you lose skin anyways, especially off of your back?
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#59 Jul 29 2013 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
The important thing here is to note you don't deny being wrong. That's a good step in allowing yourself to move forward.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#60 Jul 30 2013 at 1:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Not really, Chivas actually does taste very nice, and I defy anyone to say they hate ice wine. Some alcohols I can definitely see, like poor quality bourbon, Guiness (lolbeer), or pretty much any super harsh hard liquor. Bailey's is just plain tasty. OH! And root beer schnapps. I was super pissed when they discontinued that at the LCBO. That stuff made any root beer the uber root beer. There was also this cream cicle mix too, but it is gone too, or at least I haven't seen it.

Plus mix drinks/shots can really taste radically different than their component drinks, and can be far less harsh.
I hate ice wine, undrinkable sweet crap. I'm no fan of Baileys either, really I just don't like the very sweet alcoholic drinks and I'd much rather have something bitter or sour.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#61 Jul 30 2013 at 5:21 AM Rating: Good
Uglysasquatch wrote:
The important thing here is to note you don't deny being wrong. That's a good step in allowing yourself to move forward.
Oh, I never said that I was wrong. I just figured just to let you gbaji it up and believe what you like, even if you're doing it in point form lol

His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I hate ice wine, undrinkable sweet crap. I'm no fan of Baileys either, really I just don't like the very sweet alcoholic drinks and I'd much rather have something bitter or sour.
Ah, well, there is that, but still, you are able to find something more to your taste. I just have never found any beer, no matter the type, to be any bit tasty for any reason whatsoever.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#62 Jul 30 2013 at 5:36 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,690 posts
Well, some people like it, some people don't. I think that goes for just about everything in the world.

As for me, I don't care whether it's frozen grapes or grain, I enjoy most kinds of fermented liquids.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#63 Jul 30 2013 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Not really, Chivas actually does taste very nice, and I defy anyone to say they hate ice wine. Some alcohols I can definitely see, like poor quality bourbon, Guiness (lolbeer), or pretty much any super harsh hard liquor. Bailey's is just plain tasty. OH! And root beer schnapps. I was super pissed when they discontinued that at the LCBO. That stuff made any root beer the uber root beer. There was also this cream cicle mix too, but it is gone too, or at least I haven't seen it.

Plus mix drinks/shots can really taste radically different than their component drinks, and can be far less harsh.
I hate ice wine, undrinkable sweet crap. I'm no fan of Baileys either, really I just don't like the very sweet alcoholic drinks and I'd much rather have something bitter or sour.
I'll add some coke to my rum if I want something sweet.

Pawke strikes me as a dainty little princess with his ice wines.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#64 Jul 30 2013 at 6:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I hate ice wine, undrinkable sweet crap. I'm no fan of Baileys either, really I just don't like the very sweet alcoholic drinks and I'd much rather have something bitter or sour.
Ah, well, there is that, but still, you are able to find something more to your taste. I just have never found any beer, no matter the type, to be any bit tasty for any reason whatsoever.
Because it seems like you enjoy sweet alcoholic drinks and beers are almost all at least a little bitter.

I'd suggest trying Southern Tier Creme Brulee, Kasteel Rouge or Duchesse Du Bourgogne should you happen to come across either of those. One of the sweetened lambics would also work (Lindemans Framboise/Cassis Lambic/Kriek, Liefmans Fruitesse and I think Timmermans makes sweetened lambics as well).
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#65 Jul 30 2013 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
I don't know if you can get any of those over here, would depend on the province and local liquor stores.

He's over in/near wheatland, so I'll suggest a raspberry wheat ale.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#66 Jul 30 2013 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
******
41,272 posts
Mazra wrote:
As for me, I don't care whether it's frozen grapes or grain, I enjoy most kinds of fermented liquids.
Amen.

Except for Pabst and Nat Ice.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#67 Jul 30 2013 at 8:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I don't know if you can get any of those over here, would depend on the province and local liquor stores.

He's over in/near wheatland, so I'll suggest a raspberry wheat ale.
The Duchesse and Lindemans at least are widely available in north America, Kasteel less so and Southern Tier is based in New York and although the Creme Brulee is a seasonal release it's about to be released and not that popular because it's so sweet.

Then again, what I've heard of Canada's booze policy is not very positive.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#68 Jul 30 2013 at 11:43 AM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I hate ice wine, undrinkable sweet crap. I'm no fan of Baileys either, really I just don't like the very sweet alcoholic drinks and I'd much rather have something bitter or sour.
Ah, well, there is that, but still, you are able to find something more to your taste. I just have never found any beer, no matter the type, to be any bit tasty for any reason whatsoever.
Because it seems like you enjoy sweet alcoholic drinks and beers are almost all at least a little bitter.

I'd suggest trying Southern Tier Creme Brulee, Kasteel Rouge or Duchesse Du Bourgogne should you happen to come across either of those. One of the sweetened lambics would also work (Lindemans Framboise/Cassis Lambic/Kriek, Liefmans Fruitesse and I think Timmermans makes sweetened lambics as well).


I think Pawke's style is more wine coolers and marshmallow flavored vodka.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#69 Jul 30 2013 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
I think that especially the Creme Brulee stout fits in that category then Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#70 Jul 30 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Then again, what I've heard of Canada's booze policy is not very positive.
Protectionism baby!!!

If ain't all that good, then you've got to protect it from the superior imports. That's why American rednecks are so against immigrants.


Edited, Jul 30th 2013 4:12pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#71 Jul 30 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
Well I did list sweet drinks, but I started off on bourbon for the most part. I like a good Scotch too, or a decent whiskey. I've tried various beers, it's not the bitter or the sweet, it's the taste. It tastes pretty much like it smells, and to me it all smells like reused urine that everyone jokes beer is. A friend is starting up a meadery, and I promised myself I'd give it a fair shake at least.

Am I the more wine cooler guy? Yea, mostly because I'm too lazy to mix drinks. That and for the amount I drink, it's not worth stocking a sh*tton of liquor in the house to mix up. I don't mind bitter/sour drinks, sometimes they can be pretty awesome... so long as they don't taste like ass.

I really am just not a fan, but I never hear someone say "Oh, just keep drinking that Maker's Mark, it will grow on you," but more than one beer drinking buddy has told me just to keep drinking the dredge they do until I get used to it. I really don't see the point. I'll just get a whiskey/bourbon neat and sip while they swill down their six-pack.

By the way, after having Chivas for a damn long time, I went back to Maker's Mark... that sh*t's rubbing alcohol with reddish dye I swear. I have no idea what I saw in it. Any suggestions for a decent bourbon?

Edit:

Oh, as for marshmellow flavoured vodka, never had it, sounds a little gross. I do like more the sweet than the bitter, but I prefer smoother drinks. I used to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade too, not so great but it was cheap and available. Like I said, too lazy to mix drinks or I'd do more martinis and some of the really cool mixed drinks I've seen in the LCBO magazines over the years. The few times I could be arsed to spend more than the 30 seconds it takes to pour 2-3 fingers of whiskey, I did like them. But damn, I'd rather just get it over with and drink.

Edit #2:

Oh, and ice wine is still amazing. Call me a dainty princess if you like, but even if it were bitter, the taste of that wine is better than any I've had. I've never really enjoyed many wines, most that I've had (which is admittedly few) never really impressed me based on how much I was paying. Ice wine is worth the cash, it's good cold or warm, and has such a nice flavour.

Edited, Jul 30th 2013 3:51pm by Pawkeshup
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#72 Jul 30 2013 at 2:40 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,540 posts
As the saying goes "Ethanol before ethanol, never been sicker. Ethanol before ethanol, you're in the clear."

Many people tend to confuse ethanol with ethanol, but once you've had a lot of ethanol you tend to develop your palette and tell the difference. Also, only girls drink ethanol, real men drink ethanol.
#73 Jul 30 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,612 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Oh, and ice wine is still amazing. Call me a dainty princess if you like, but even if it were bitter, the taste of that wine is better than any I've had. I've never really enjoyed many wines, most that I've had (which is admittedly few) never really impressed me based on how much I was paying. Ice wine is worth the cash, it's good cold or warm, and has such a nice flavour.


You really don't have to defend yourself. If you like it, drink it.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#74 Jul 31 2013 at 2:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Well I did list sweet drinks, but I started off on bourbon for the most part. I like a good Scotch too, or a decent whiskey. I've tried various beers, it's not the bitter or the sweet, it's the taste. It tastes pretty much like it smells, and to me it all smells like reused urine that everyone jokes beer is. A friend is starting up a meadery, and I promised myself I'd give it a fair shake at least.
I like scotch, it's too expensive for me to really get into as I love trying new things and at €40+ per bottle that's hard to do with Scotch and risky if you get something you don't like.

Oh and there's bourbon/scotch barrel aged beer as well, those usually smell like roasted malts, oak, dark fruits and whiskey.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#75 Jul 31 2013 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,324 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Oh, and ice wine is still amazing. Call me a dainty princess if you like, but even if it were bitter, the taste of that wine is better than any I've had. I've never really enjoyed many wines, most that I've had (which is admittedly few) never really impressed me based on how much I was paying. Ice wine is worth the cash, it's good cold or warm, and has such a nice flavour.


You really don't have to defend yourself. If you like it, drink it.

Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#76 Jul 31 2013 at 7:45 AM Rating: Good
******
41,272 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
That's why American rednecks are so against immigrants.
Dear God, there are other types? Freakin' cultural STDs.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#77 Jul 31 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Excellent
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Well I did list sweet drinks, but I started off on bourbon for the most part. I like a good Scotch too, or a decent whiskey. I've tried various beers, it's not the bitter or the sweet, it's the taste. It tastes pretty much like it smells, and to me it all smells like reused urine that everyone jokes beer is. A friend is starting up a meadery, and I promised myself I'd give it a fair shake at least.
I like scotch, it's too expensive for me to really get into as I love trying new things and at €40+ per bottle that's hard to do with Scotch and risky if you get something you don't like.

Oh and there's bourbon/scotch barrel aged beer as well, those usually smell like roasted malts, oak, dark fruits and whiskey.

Can't you buy the very small bottle of scotch? My LC usually has a few sample type bottles.

That being said, go get some lagavulin 16. It's amazing.

Also very nice and completely different is dalwhinnie
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#78 Jul 31 2013 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,324 posts
I know you can at least get the small Johnny Walker red/blacks in most liquor stores in NJ. Dunno how common any other brands are, though.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#79 Jul 31 2013 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
******
41,272 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I know you can at least get the small Johnny Walker red/blacks in most liquor stores in NJ. Dunno how common any other brands are, though.
Their Tennessee Honey comes in travel size, too.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#80 Jul 31 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,324 posts
Does it? Haven't tried it, might have to now.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#81 Jul 31 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
There are some smaller bottles but not that many that I've seen around here. Either way they're a bigger investment than a bottle of beer.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#82 Jul 31 2013 at 10:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Well to be fair, they last far far longer as well. I think they're cheaper per drink than many of the beers I buy.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#83 Jul 31 2013 at 11:39 AM Rating: Good
Laphroaig or GTFO.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#84 Jul 31 2013 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
True, but you're also @#%^ed if you buy one and you hate it so you're less likely to take risks and if it's only $3 it's a lot easier to shrug it off than if it cost $30, even if that $30 gets you 12 glasses instead of 1 glass for $3.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#85 Jul 31 2013 at 9:06 PM Rating: Excellent
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Laphroaig or GTFO.

It's good, but I prefer Lagavulin.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#86 Aug 01 2013 at 3:34 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
That's why American rednecks are so against immigrants.
Dear God, there are other types? Freakin' cultural STDs.


They call them peasants in other countries.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#87 Aug 02 2013 at 5:31 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,690 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Laphroaig or GTFO.

It's good, but I prefer Lagavulin.


Those are the smoked ones, yeah? My dad drinks that, so that's what I drink when I'm visiting my parents.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I like the smoked taste or not.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#88 Aug 02 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
12,940 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
cynyck wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's a porter, it should be served at close to room temperature. And if you serve it relatively cold and drink it slowly you can smell and taste the difference as it warms up.
Sheesh. Science is hard.

I just can't drink warm beer. I may have to go through the rest of my life missing out on that. Too much warm beer in college to undo the taste memory now.

I'm not saying warm, just room temperature instead of freezing. And it will be totally worth it with porters and beers like barleywines and quadruples.
To be fair, there are plenty of beers that are good cold (not ice cold, but a bit cooler than cellar temperature).
____________________________
Banh
#89 Aug 02 2013 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
12,940 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Laphroaig or GTFO.
I, too, love licking a campfire.
____________________________
Banh
#90 Aug 03 2013 at 1:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Spoonless wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
cynyck wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's a porter, it should be served at close to room temperature. And if you serve it relatively cold and drink it slowly you can smell and taste the difference as it warms up.
Sheesh. Science is hard.

I just can't drink warm beer. I may have to go through the rest of my life missing out on that. Too much warm beer in college to undo the taste memory now.

I'm not saying warm, just room temperature instead of freezing. And it will be totally worth it with porters and beers like barleywines and quadruples.
To be fair, there are plenty of beers that are good cold (not ice cold, but a bit cooler than cellar temperature).
Sure, porters are not amongst them though.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#91 Aug 03 2013 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
23,920 posts
There are two kinds of people who do not like their first beer; Type A are drinking sh*tty beer, Type B are pussies.

____________________________
Rochefort Dean ~ FFXIV ARR ~ Ultros ~ DoH all @ 50
Soracloud ~ FFXI ~ RIP

Beer Advocate

Friar Tuck wrote:
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

#92 Aug 03 2013 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Hallertau wrote:
There are two kinds of people who do not like their first beer; Type A are drinking sh*tty beer, Type B are pussies.

I think my first beer was Palm, not a bad beer but not great either. Not something I enjoyed at the time though. Didn't start to like beer until much later.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#93 Aug 05 2013 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
23,920 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Hallertau wrote:
There are two kinds of people who do not like their first beer; Type A are drinking sh*tty beer, Type B are pussies.

I think my first beer was Palm, not a bad beer but not great either. Not something I enjoyed at the time though. Didn't start to like beer until much later.


Palm is a good beer but yeah as a first could be a little tough for some.
____________________________
Rochefort Dean ~ FFXIV ARR ~ Ultros ~ DoH all @ 50
Soracloud ~ FFXI ~ RIP

Beer Advocate

Friar Tuck wrote:
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

#94 Aug 05 2013 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,847 posts
Hallertau wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Hallertau wrote:
There are two kinds of people who do not like their first beer; Type A are drinking sh*tty beer, Type B are pussies.

I think my first beer was Palm, not a bad beer but not great either. Not something I enjoyed at the time though. Didn't start to like beer until much later.


Palm is a good beer but yeah as a first could be a little tough for some.


It's like a slap to the face.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#95 Aug 06 2013 at 2:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
Hallertau wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Hallertau wrote:
There are two kinds of people who do not like their first beer; Type A are drinking sh*tty beer, Type B are pussies.

I think my first beer was Palm, not a bad beer but not great either. Not something I enjoyed at the time though. Didn't start to like beer until much later.


Palm is a good beer but yeah as a first could be a little tough for some.
You can say that about pretty much any beer. I didn't start to like beer until I had Grimbergen Double and later Leffe brune.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#96 Aug 06 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
12,940 posts
My first beer was a Narragansett Lager. I drank until I enjoyed it.
____________________________
Banh
#97 Aug 06 2013 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Mazra wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Laphroaig or GTFO.

It's good, but I prefer Lagavulin.

Those are the smoked ones, yeah? My dad drinks that, so that's what I drink when I'm visiting my parents.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I like the smoked taste or not.

Laphroaig is, yes. Lagavulin, not so much. Lagavulin is good though. I had a few this last weekend.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#98 Aug 07 2013 at 8:08 AM Rating: Good
******
41,272 posts
Hallertau wrote:
Palm is a good beer but yeah as a first could be a little tough for some.
Huh, your liver continues to survive.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#99 Aug 07 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
25,545 posts
It's not that easy to wreck a liver. At least with craft beer it's very pricey to do so.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#100 Aug 07 2013 at 12:14 PM Rating: Excellent
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Laphroaig or GTFO.

It's good, but I prefer Lagavulin.

Those are the smoked ones, yeah? My dad drinks that, so that's what I drink when I'm visiting my parents.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I like the smoked taste or not.

Laphroaig is, yes. Lagavulin, not so much. Lagavulin is good though. I had a few this last weekend.

Lagavulin is an Islay malt and is about the same peatyness as Laphroaig, although I haven't had Laphroaig in a while, or that often, so grain of salt.

If you don't like peaty malts, stay away from Islay. Not smoked, but the peat makes it somewhat like drinking a cigar/pipe. I love it.

I'm a bit puzzled if you're saying that Lagavulin isn't peaty. That's odd.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:18pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#101 Aug 07 2013 at 12:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Ardbeg is also a good Islay, although I prefer Lagavulin.

I'm basing this off the standard flagship offerings, not a specific special run.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:17pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 77 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Driftwood, johnhood55, Szabo, Uglysasquatch, Anonymous Guests (72)