Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reply To Thread

Just Want to be Good :)Follow

#1 May 15 2013 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
So I've been posting here for some time... and I notice my "rating" oscillates between Decent and Good.

I suspect this has something to do with how "FFXIV" friendly my comments are, because every time I say something that can in any way be construed as negative towards the game, sure enough I find my rating bumped down to "decent."

Can anyone confirm how this is determined, and just WHO is determining this?
#2 May 15 2013 at 8:10 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,657 posts
I am

I run this *****.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 May 15 2013 at 8:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I am

I run this *****.


No where to run, no where to hide :)
#4 May 15 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,953 posts
We haven't had a decent karma thread in a while.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#5 May 15 2013 at 8:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
The exact mechanics have changed over time so I'm not certain what they are at the moment. A very simplified explanation is that your rating is an average of those up and down arrows you see. Any poster with pretty much a decent or higher rating may rate your posts.

The system is largely irrelevant. No one cares about it and barely anyone uses it. I've probably rated five or fewer posts within the last year, and they were probably spam ads. It's best for you to completely ignore it and not attach a ounce of self esteem to the system.

Edited, May 15th 2013 9:30pm by Allegory
#6 May 16 2013 at 12:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,359 posts
Allegory wrote:
The system is largely irrelevant. No one cares about it and barely anyone uses it. I've probably rated five or fewer posts within the last year, and they were probably spam ads. It's best for you to completely ignore it and not attach a ounce of self esteem to the system.
I'm pretty sure I've rated more posts than that this week, though they were probably almost all spam ads. The part about not attaching your self esteem to the system is probably still valid, though. Everyone knows self esteem is really based on postcount, anyway.




Edited, May 16th 2013 12:07am by Poldaran
#7 May 16 2013 at 4:37 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Allegory wrote:
The exact mechanics have changed over time so I'm not certain what they are at the moment. A very simplified explanation is that your rating is an average of those up and down arrows you don't see. Any poster with pretty much a decent or higher rating may rate your posts.
FTFY.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#8 May 16 2013 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Iamadam wrote:
We haven't had a decent karma thread in a while.

Well, no one strives for "decent" karma so why would you make a thread about it?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#9 May 16 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I'm still only a Good Guru.
____________________________
Banh
#10 May 16 2013 at 8:02 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Sucker.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#11 May 16 2013 at 8:04 AM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,953 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
We haven't had a decent karma thread in a while.

Well, no one strives for "decent" karma so why would you make a thread about it?


I like to aim low.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#12 May 16 2013 at 8:06 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
I could rate your down if you want to.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#13 May 16 2013 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,953 posts
Desu
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#14 May 16 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,221 posts
Why am I not guru yet?
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#15 May 16 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,563 posts
Karma thread? Karma thread.

Also, aside from the awesome color of your name, Karma means nothing. Aside from being a measure of your worth on the forums.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#16 May 16 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,657 posts
The internet, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this forum is the worst **** on Earth ... Karma. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy ... So simple ... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without karma. So, as I terrorize Zam, I will feed it's people karma to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire forum and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill AllaKhazam's destiny ... We will destroy Zam and then, when it is done and Zam is ashes, then you have my permission to die.

Edited, May 16th 2013 11:42am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#17 May 16 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Vataro wrote:
Karma thread? Karma thread.

Also, aside from the awesome color of your name, Karma means nothing. Aside from being a measure of your worth on the forums.
Karma thread!

And postcount > karma.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18 May 16 2013 at 10:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#19 May 16 2013 at 1:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
PFORU?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#20 May 16 2013 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
No.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#21 May 16 2013 at 2:19 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,563 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Karma thread? Karma thread.

Also, aside from the awesome color of your name, Karma means nothing. Aside from being a measure of your worth on the forums.
Karma thread!

And postcount > karma.


Yea I'm working on that.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#22 May 16 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
POST MOAR!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#23 May 16 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Excellent
I would like to contribute to this stellar conversation.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#24 May 16 2013 at 3:45 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
I would like to contribute to this stellar conversation.
Your contribution is appreciated.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#25 May 16 2013 at 3:53 PM Rating: Good
*****
12,829 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
I would like to contribute to this stellar conversation.
Your contribution is appreciated.

I enjoy the banter and therefore I am quoting it!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#26 May 16 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Pawkeshup, Immortal Lion wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
I would like to contribute to this stellar conversation.
Your contribution is appreciated.

I enjoy the banter and therefore I am quoting it!
x8
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 48 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (48)