Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Lost AnnalsFollow

#1 May 15 2013 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,562 posts
When did Zam begin cleaning up its history? I can't find any of my posts older than July 18th, 2009. Is this a reaction to the DoJ going after the AP? Did Jeffrey Moyer travel back to the past, accidentally attract his mother, and now the ripples of his non-existence are permeating forward through the time stream?
#2 May 15 2013 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,406 posts
Thanks, Obama.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 May 15 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,589 posts
I ate it.

Was delicious with mustard. Smiley: drool
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#4 May 15 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,852 posts
It's a bug. It's being worked on. Anyways the real lost annals were those on the now near legendary Origional UBB forums. All this stuff? it's still there, you just can't get to it at the moment.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#5 May 15 2013 at 4:59 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,491 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
It's a bug. It's being worked on. Anyways the real lost annals were those on the now near legendary Origional UBB forums. All this stuff? it's still there, you just can't get to it at the moment.


You know, you always talk about these UBB forums, but I've never seen evidence of their existence.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#6 May 15 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
I thought this thread was going to be about pornn.
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#7 May 15 2013 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,180 posts
Tyrrant wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about pornn.


Nah, you want the **** Avatar thread. It's further down the page.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#8 May 15 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,784 posts
Tyrrant wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about pornn.


Lost porn.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#9 May 15 2013 at 10:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,852 posts
Vataro wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
It's a bug. It's being worked on. Anyways the real lost annals were those on the now near legendary Origional UBB forums. All this stuff? it's still there, you just can't get to it at the moment.


You know, you always talk about these UBB forums, but I've never seen evidence of their existence.


All we have left are fragments. http://web.archive.org/web/20050104142451/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/ubbnew/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?category=8 Remnants of remnants. Great authors writing about works they themselves revered, yet are now lost to the world and the mists of time passing. With the passing of the library at Alexandria, and the destruction of the UBB flat file backend, I fear the only remnants are the cached pieces in my journal, and the archive fragments preserved like flies in amber for all time.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#10 May 16 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,491 posts
Why is the K in AllaKhazam capitalized? It wasn't that way here, right?
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#11 May 16 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,852 posts
Because the site was origionally named after Jeff Moyer's Wizard character in Everquest 1, First name Allah, last name Khazam. Later variants of the logo, the last of which i actually drew, had it a lowercase k.

Edit, for the curious, that's actually the second UBB iteration, the one before the final UBB instance that preceded this forum system. The first UBB iteration was destroyed in an apocalyptic table crash, which lead to the origional Kaolian account being destroyed and recreated, amongst 7 other accounts. Which is why zam lore has 7 Harbringers of the Apocalypse, why Clstr 7 was the ultimate evil of all time, and why there are 7 deadly sins! (yup, we totally predated that saying, some guy wrote that on the internet so it must be true)

Edited, May 16th 2013 6:51pm by Kaolian
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#12 May 17 2013 at 8:36 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,666 posts
I have 253 pages of posts. I should make it into a book.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#13 May 17 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,784 posts
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I have 253 pages of posts. I should make it into a book.


Not a bad idea, but will there be enough smut?
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#14 May 17 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,666 posts
Iamadam wrote:
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I have 253 pages of posts. I should make it into a book.


Not a bad idea, but will there be enough smut?

There's no smut. But I can embellish as it will be a fictitious piece.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#15 May 17 2013 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,784 posts
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I have 253 pages of posts. I should make it into a book.


Not a bad idea, but will there be enough smut?

There's no smut. But I can embellish as it will be a fictitious piece.


Red light.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#16 May 17 2013 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,180 posts
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
Elinda, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I have 253 pages of posts. I should make it into a book.


Not a bad idea, but will there be enough smut?

There's no smut. But I can embellish as it will be a fictitious piece.


1 Million Little Posts.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#17 May 17 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,197 posts
I can attest that an insufficient amount of smut in a book is always a cause for publisher rejection. Smiley: glare
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#18 May 17 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,180 posts
Catwho wrote:
I can attest that an insufficient amount of smut in a book is always a cause for publisher rejection. Smiley: glare


Weren't you trying to write a romance novel?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#19 May 17 2013 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,197 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I can attest that an insufficient amount of smut in a book is always a cause for publisher rejection. Smiley: glare


Weren't you trying to write a romance novel?


Correct, and it was a romance novel. Unfortunately the editor I submitted it to worked for a publisher that specializes in erotica. Smiley: laugh Two completely different genres.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#20 May 17 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,981 posts
You need at least a bit of terrible misinformation about BDSM in your book to make it these days.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#21 May 17 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
I'm going to submit some Oscar fanfiction to see how that goes.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22 May 17 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
Catwho wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I can attest that an insufficient amount of smut in a book is always a cause for publisher rejection. Smiley: glare


Weren't you trying to write a romance novel?


Correct, and it was a romance novel. Unfortunately the editor I submitted it to worked for a publisher that specializes in erotica. Smiley: laugh Two completely different genres.

These days just self-publish. There's a few different sites for it that you can go with. Pretty much all a publisher does is print your books and takes a large cut of your money. It's false that they do advertising (they can, but likely won't unless you're some major author already), or that they set up book signings (that's your agent, not them).
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#23 May 17 2013 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
lolgaxe wrote:
I'm going to submit some Oscar fanfiction to see how that goes.
"Bert slipped from Ernie's sleeping embrace carefully and made his way down to the trash can, nervous but excited..."
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.
gbaji wrote:
My own extraordinary nature has nothing to do with the validity of what I'm talking about..
#24 May 17 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
Friar Bijou wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I'm going to submit some Oscar fanfiction to see how that goes.
"Bert slipped from Ernie's sleeping embrace carefully and made his way down to the trash can, nervous but excited..."

I always figured Ernie was the **** of the two.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#25 May 17 2013 at 7:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,981 posts
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#26 May 17 2013 at 10:52 PM Rating: Good
Potty-mouth.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 69 All times are in CDT
Sandinmygum, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (67)