Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

(Introduction) I am back and ready.Follow

#52 Mar 09 2013 at 7:41 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Have a Smithwicks or a Kilkenny. Actually don't. Leave them for me.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#53 Mar 09 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have had Duvel before, but I ordered it as part of a sampler so **** if I can remember which it was... I'm pretty sure I have the right flavor in my mind, but there's really no way to know until I have it again.
It's worth having again.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#54 Mar 09 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,795 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Have a Smithwicks or a Kilkenny. Actually don't. Leave them for me.


His Excellency Aethien wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have had Duvel before, but I ordered it as part of a sampler so **** if I can remember which it was... I'm pretty sure I have the right flavor in my mind, but there's really no way to know until I have it again.
It's worth having again.


I'll keep these in mind.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#55 Mar 09 2013 at 8:17 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Take a pen and some paper, or a smart phone, and WRITE WHICH BEER YOU LIKE at the time. Right after you decide you like it. Not just a bit later. Right now.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#56 Mar 09 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I just keep a big list of beers I've had. I remember whether or not I liked them when I read the name.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#57 Mar 09 2013 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,252 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Take a pen and some paper, or a smart phone, and WRITE WHICH BEER YOU LIKE at the time. Right after you decide you like it. Not just a bit later. Right now.


If he has a smartphone wouldn't it just be easier to take a photo of the bottle's label?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#58 Mar 09 2013 at 9:17 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Take a pen and some paper, or a smart phone, and WRITE WHICH BEER YOU LIKE at the time. Right after you decide you like it. Not just a bit later. Right now.


If he has a smartphone wouldn't it just be easier to take a photo of the bottle's label?


If it's a sampler, there's no bottle to take a picture of.
#59 Mar 09 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,252 posts
Belkira wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Take a pen and some paper, or a smart phone, and WRITE WHICH BEER YOU LIKE at the time. Right after you decide you like it. Not just a bit later. Right now.


If he has a smartphone wouldn't it just be easier to take a photo of the bottle's label?


If it's a sampler, there's no bottle to take a picture of.


Are you talking about a gift sampler, or one at a bar? If it's at the bar can't you just ask the bartender to show you the bottle?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#60 Mar 09 2013 at 10:49 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
A picture of the label would certainly aid beginner readers. Smiley: nod
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#61 Mar 09 2013 at 11:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,252 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
A picture of the label would certainly aid beginner readers. Smiley: nod


Screenshot


Anyway I figure if he's already had a few drinks before he finds one he likes, it may be easier to have a semi-blurry photo to reference later instead of a barely legible note. Of course he could always ask the bartender to write it down for him but still.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#62 Mar 09 2013 at 11:24 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
A picture IS worth a thousand wordsh.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#63 Mar 10 2013 at 12:16 AM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Are you talking about a gift sampler, or one at a bar? If it's at the bar can't you just ask the bartender to show you the bottle?


I was talking about a bar sampler. And it seems weird to get up from your table and walk to the bar to ask the bartender to show you the bottle of the beer in the sampler that is... what was the name of it again? Anyway, the fourth beer from the right, yeah that one. Can you show me the bottle so I can take a picture of the label? I want to remember the name.

Or just open your phone and make a note. Smiley: grin
#64 Mar 10 2013 at 5:39 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,795 posts
Yeah, I was talking about a bar sampler, probably should have specified. Most of the beer I drink is when I'm out at gastropubs, beer gardens, etc. And since I have no clue what I like, and little desire to play it safe anyway, I just order samplers.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#65 Mar 11 2013 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Try a hefeweizen, preferably Weihenstephaner but Paulaner, Schneider, Ayinger, Hacker-Pschorr, Andechser or pretty much any other German Weissbier will do as well.
The good ones are light, drinkable and have some relatively sweet banana and cloves tastes.
White beers like hoegaarden or blue moon, but better, to try are St Bernardus Wit and Allagash White (from Maine so probably reasonably available).

Something perhaps a little different would be a tripel or a strong pale ale, both Belgian styles that aren't too bitter and Duvel and Westmalle Tripel are fairly widespread and both are excellent. Duvel has a bit of citrusy fruitiness like white beers but it's much stronger and doesn't have the bit of pepper and spices that (good) witbier tends to have. Tripels do have that but they're a little heavier and more warming.


What Aethien said.

I strongly agree with the Allagash White. It's one of my favorite Witbiers; not hoppy, but a really great spice flavor to it. And I just finished a bottle of Westmalle Tripel with dinner. Yummy.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#66 Mar 11 2013 at 11:28 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,092 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I'm not surprised. There's an awful lot of you (in a good way) for alcohol to dilute into. Out of curiosity, how much does it take to drop you under the table?


I'm not sure, to be honest. Depends on how fast I'm drinking and what I do when I reach my limit. Last time I went under, I had consumed two six-packs, half a bottle of aquavit and a couple of shots of rum or vodka or something. But I drank the beer over the course of the evening and the spirits during the last two hours of the party.

That was the last time I drank myself into unconsciousness. Have not done it since and have no intention of doing it again.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#67 Mar 12 2013 at 2:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,451 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
It's definitely an acquired taste, though.

Sir Xsarus wrote:
Worth Acquiring IMO. Like most things really.
I've never understood that. Why take time consuming something that you really dislike just so you can like it later when you could just be consuming something you like from the beginning?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#68 Mar 12 2013 at 5:01 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
It's definitely an acquired taste, though.

Sir Xsarus wrote:
Worth Acquiring IMO. Like most things really.
I've never understood that. Why take time consuming something that you really dislike just so you can like it later when you could just be consuming something you like from the beginning?
Because once you start to like it (which doesn't take much, really) there's a whole new world of delicious flavours open to you.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#69 Mar 12 2013 at 5:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,451 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
(which doesn't take much, really)
More than one or two servings is too much to acclimate to anything.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#70 Mar 12 2013 at 6:43 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,896 posts
I've never been able to develop a taste for beer. I tried.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#71 Mar 12 2013 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,451 posts
Elinda wrote:
I've never been able to develop a taste for beer. I tried.
Is it the aftertaste for you too?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 55 All times are in CDT
Bijou, Jophiel, Kastigir, someproteinguy, Szabo, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (49)