Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

When you work the late shift at a hotel,Follow

#1 Jun 15 2012 at 1:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
People tend to give you a lot of alcohol. Usually the remains of their case of beer when they check out, but occasionally other kinds. Since I don't drink beer and am too paranoid to trust already open hard liquor bottles, I usually give em to the morning shift.

Tonight, however, was the first time anyone has ever given me a twelve pack of chocolate milk. I'll be honest, I much prefer this.
#2 Jun 15 2012 at 1:36 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Random people on the street keep giving me snacks and soft drinks. It's awesome.

What do the morning shift people do with the alcohol?
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#3 Jun 15 2012 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Assuming the milk was still well refrigerated, I'd have to say that'd be a nice departure gift. Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#4 Jun 15 2012 at 1:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
Kalivha wrote:
What do the morning shift people do with the alcohol?
Depends on who it is. Some take it home after their shift. Some give it to the housekeepers to take home after their shifts. Some throw it out. After I give it to them, I rarely worry about it too much.

BrownDuck wrote:
Assuming the milk was still well refrigerated, I'd have to say that'd be a nice departure gift. Smiley: thumbsup

That's the weird thing about it. The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.

Edited, Jun 15th 2012 2:14am by Poldaran
#5 Jun 15 2012 at 8:04 AM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,822 posts
I'd say it's time to quit in style.

Throw the milk at a ceiling fan.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#6 Jun 15 2012 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
That's the weird thing about it. The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.
Sounds like the guy has been working for a dairy company a little too long and got money and milk confused.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#7 Jun 15 2012 at 8:27 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
That's the weird thing about it. The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.
Sounds like the guy has been working for a dairy company a little too long and got money and milk confused.

Or maybe he was thinking... milk money?
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#8 Jun 15 2012 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Now that you're milk-buddies, he's expecting you to look the other way when the paid-by-the-hour milkmaid arrives.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#9 Jun 15 2012 at 11:13 AM Rating: Good
Nobody ever brought me booze when I worked the 3-11 shift at a hotel. Smiley: bah Lucky!
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#10 Jun 15 2012 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
That's the weird thing about it. The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.
Sounds like the guy has been working for a dairy company a little too long and got money and milk confused.

Or maybe he was thinking... milk money?
From a cash cow?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#11 Jun 15 2012 at 2:41 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.
What do you mean, you think he worked for a dairy company? If you qualified him, you should have that information.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#12 Jun 15 2012 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
It's appropriate, he fights like a cow.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Jun 15 2012 at 2:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The guy wasn't leaving. He was checking in. I think he works for a dairy company, actually.
What do you mean, you think he worked for a dairy company? If you qualified him, you should have that information.
He's a truck driver for a company. I'm not 100% sure what they deliver other than I know food is involved. I have the company name and they're a pretty big locally, so our Sales Manager probably knows exactly what they do. I strongly suspect they deliver milk as part of their thing. But only because, you know, the milk I got.
#14 Jun 17 2012 at 1:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Pfft. The last couple weeks, besides some tips, all I've gotten is ****. Like **** last weekend when a cop from NYC started a fight in the hotel bar, **** the week before when a bunch of BU dorks rented our Presidential Suite for $1500 a night then pressure baked it & vomited all over it.

Tonight we have a wedding party, only one naked dude running around locked out of his room thus far.

But its still early, at just past 3am...
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 45 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (45)