Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Star Wars vs Barbara WaltersFollow

#102 Mar 03 2012 at 10:21 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
You used debate and that's not the definition of debate. Christ I wish you would learn English.


I know that isn't the definition of debate, hence why I said in a general sense such as saying "Coke" for all soft drinks or "Kleenex". Looks like you're the one in need to learn English.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#103 Mar 03 2012 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
NO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS IN NEED TO LEARN THE ENGLISH
____________________________
Banh
#104 Mar 03 2012 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,590 posts
Almalieque wrote:
it was in a general sense, not literally.

Ah, so you say things that you don't mean. You're a liar; we knew that.
#105 Mar 03 2012 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Allegory wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
it was in a general sense, not literally.

Ah, so you say things that you don't mean. You're a liar; we knew that.
No, you just don't understand English. Loser.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#106 Mar 03 2012 at 8:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Was that directed toward Allegory or Alma.
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#107 Mar 03 2012 at 10:42 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Allegory wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
it was in a general sense, not literally.

Ah, so you say things that you don't mean. You're a liar; we knew that.


It's called generalizing...Learn the English.

Ty wrote:
Was that directed toward Allegory or Alma.


I'm sure that he was mocking my response to Allegory..

You need to step it up!
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#108 Mar 04 2012 at 5:54 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Tyrrant wrote:
Was that directed toward Allegory or Alma.
Mocking Alma, through Allegory.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#109 Mar 04 2012 at 2:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Tyrrant wrote:
Was that directed toward Allegory or Alma.
Mocking Alma, through Allegory.

Gotcha... need more sleep...
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#110 Mar 04 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
Almalieque wrote:
So there was a discussion at work over which is more socially depriving for a 25-30 year old U.S citizen.

1. Not having seen a single Star Wars movie.

or

2. Not having a single clue who Barbara Walters is.

What say you?


I think it is more socially depriving to have this discussion altogether.

That being said, if Alma has not seen Star Wars then I don't see how he can have an informed opinion on this.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#111 Mar 04 2012 at 3:14 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Par for the course really
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#112 Mar 04 2012 at 10:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,590 posts
Almalieque wrote:
It's called generalizing...Learn the English.

See, now you're lying about not lying. You're only digging this web of fibs deeper and deeper into the pants of fire.
#113 Mar 04 2012 at 10:45 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Allegory wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
It's called generalizing...Learn the English.

See, now you're lying about not lying. You're only digging this web of fibs deeper and deeper into the pants of fire.


Well I can't help it if you fail at reading and comprehension, that sounds like a personal problem.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#114 Mar 09 2012 at 6:00 AM Rating: Good
Certainly Alma's ability to convey what he means via the written word has NOTHING to do with it.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#115 Mar 10 2012 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
****
5,684 posts
someone delusional wrote:
It's not me, it's everyone else!
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#116 Mar 10 2012 at 2:28 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Certainly Alma's ability to convey what he means via the written word has NOTHING to do with it.


I didn't create the definition of the word. Besides, I'm not claiming that it had NOTHING to do with it, just less than what you're advocating.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#117 Mar 10 2012 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I didn't create the definition of the word.
Of the word debate? Actually you did this time.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#118 Mar 11 2012 at 11:21 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I didn't create the definition of the word.
Of the word debate? Actually you did this time.


Can you link where I said "debate" in the statement in question. I'm not saying that I didn't say it, I just don't recall saying it.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#119 Mar 11 2012 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I didn't create the definition of the word.
Of the word debate? Actually you did this time.


Can you link where I said "debate" in the statement in question. I'm not saying that I didn't say it, I just don't recall saying it.
Pulled up search and there were 16 pages of posts with you using the word debate. I'm not sifting through that. I tried, and gave up because it was kind of mind numbing skimming that much of your crap.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#120 Mar 11 2012 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Decided on a different route in the search function and got this:

Post 116

Edited, Mar 11th 2012 5:06pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#121 Mar 13 2012 at 1:22 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Decided on a different route in the search function and got this:

Post 116

Edited, Mar 11th 2012 5:06pm by Uglysasquatch


Good. Thanks for pointing that out. You have now displayed the ability to quote something for future reference.

In any case, you were right in me saying "debate". However, as noted in context, I was referring to the general sense of the word "i.e., argue" and not any particular definition that you might come up with.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#122 Mar 13 2012 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
You said debate, you should follow up on what you said and GTFO.

Edited, Mar 13th 2012 9:52pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#123 Mar 13 2012 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
You have now displayed the ability to quote something for future reference.
It's not about ability, it's about investment.

Oh, and debate is not in a general sense to argue. Debate is a more specified word than argue. Argue is the general sense of debate, not the other way around. Words have meanings, learn them. Since you'll no longer be posting here, you have more time to invest in learning what they mean.


Edited, Mar 13th 2012 6:08pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#124 Mar 13 2012 at 5:25 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,590 posts
Tossing around "general sense" doesn't excuse categorical misuse.

I was a bit curious about how often you used the term. A quick comparison to other posters revealed fairly often.
#125cjxicerain, Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 7:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Superb!thank you for your article
#126 Mar 13 2012 at 7:20 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Allegory wrote:
I was a bit curious about how often you used the term. A quick comparison to other posters revealed fairly often.
That's how I found the quote. He had 16 pages of him using debate in posts. Knowing I quoted him at some point, I searched for myself. Had like 4 pages. 4 pages out of 30k+ posts compared to his 16 pages off a couple 1000 posts.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#127 Mar 14 2012 at 10:57 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Ugly wrote:
Oh, and debate is not in a general sense to argue. Debate is a more specified word than argue. Argue is the general sense of debate, not the other way around. Words have meanings, learn them.


Wow.. you really are dense, that's what I said...

If the word "debate" were the general sense of argue, then my statement wouldn't have made any sense. I wouldn't have to clarify the generality of a general word. That's why I specifically said that I wasn't referring to any particular definition.

"Argue" is indeed more general than "debate", just like "soda" is more general than "Coke" and "tissue" is more general than "Kleenex". However, I specifically stated earlier in this thread, that I was using "debate" for "argue" in the same way people use "Playstation/Xbox" for video games, "Coke" for soft drinks and "Kleenex" for "tissue".

We transitioned from a topic of general conversing back and forth to the ability of being able to debate via definition. Those are two completely different topics.

If that concept fails you, then you simply fail.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#128 Mar 14 2012 at 10:59 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Allegory wrote:
Tossing around "general sense" doesn't excuse categorical misuse.



No it doesn't.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#129 Mar 14 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
You people will debate anything won't you?

I mean argue... coke...

...

discuss...

...

Smiley: um

Anyway, this is all very fascinating. Please continue...

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#130 Mar 14 2012 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
What do you mean, "you people"?
____________________________
Banh
#131 Mar 14 2012 at 12:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
GODDAMMIT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?!

Smiley: motz
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#132 Mar 14 2012 at 12:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
"Argue" is indeed more general than "debate", just like "soda" is more general than "Coke" and "tissue" is more general than "Kleenex". However, I specifically stated earlier in this thread, that I was using "debate" for "argue" in the same way people use "Playstation/Xbox" for video games, "Coke" for soft drinks and "Kleenex" for "tissue".
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#133 Mar 14 2012 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
GODDAMMIT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?!

Smiley: motz
I seem to have lost my "you people" flashcard. :(
____________________________
Banh
#134 Mar 14 2012 at 3:32 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#135 Mar 14 2012 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
We could hope.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#136 Mar 14 2012 at 10:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Ugly wrote:
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.


Given the fact that I didn't disagree with your definition and comparison of the words, what exactly is your point? Are you against idioms because words have meanings?

Funny how when I counter arguments solely based on certain key words i.e. "homosexuals don't have the 'right' to marry" BS, I get called "pedantic" because there is no law preventing homosexuals from marrying. However, when I engage in a casual conversation, then all of the sudden words have to be used exactly how they were defined.

Funny how that works.. Contradict much? So, what's it going to be?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#137 Mar 14 2012 at 11:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.


Oh, you must have read that in the same AR that states your other lie? You have some nerve as a spineless p*ssy that can't even admit to being wrong to something completely irrelevant to us to call someone else a LIAR! Really? At this point, you have no weight in any discussion over veracious actions.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#138 Mar 14 2012 at 11:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.


Given the fact that I didn't disagree with your definition and comparison of the words, what exactly is your point? Are you against idioms because words have meanings?

Funny how when I counter arguments solely based on certain key words i.e. "homosexuals don't have the 'right' to marry" BS, I get called "pedantic" because there is no law preventing homosexuals from marrying. However, when I engage in a casual conversation, then all of the sudden words have to be used exactly how they were defined.

Funny how that works.. Contradict much? So, what's it going to be?


In other words, you can be a pedantic prick, but no one else can....?
#139 Mar 15 2012 at 4:32 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Almalieque wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
Oh, you must have read that in the same AR that states your other lie? You have some nerve as a spineless p*ssy that can't even admit to being wrong to something completely irrelevant to us to call someone else a LIAR! Really? At this point, you have no weight in any discussion over veracious actions.
Smiley: lol
Does it hurt so much to be called out on a lie?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#140 Mar 15 2012 at 5:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.


Given the fact that I didn't disagree with your definition and comparison of the words, what exactly is your point? Are you against idioms because words have meanings?

Funny how when I counter arguments solely based on certain key words i.e. "homosexuals don't have the 'right' to marry" BS, I get called "pedantic" because there is no law preventing homosexuals from marrying. However, when I engage in a casual conversation, then all of the sudden words have to be used exactly how they were defined.

Funny how that works.. Contradict much? So, what's it going to be?


I'd challenge you to find one occurrence of me ever challenging you on disagreeing with you when others use the word "right" and *** marriage, but that would delay you leaving. Farewell, enjoy your life without us as I'm sure it'll be far more ignorant and blissful.


Edited, Mar 15th 2012 8:48am by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#141 Mar 15 2012 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
We could hope.
Even fantasy has limits.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#142 Mar 15 2012 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
We could hope.
Even fantasy has limits.
I was hoping Kao would hold him to his word.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#143 Mar 15 2012 at 10:35 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Belkira wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.


Given the fact that I didn't disagree with your definition and comparison of the words, what exactly is your point? Are you against idioms because words have meanings?

Funny how when I counter arguments solely based on certain key words i.e. "homosexuals don't have the 'right' to marry" BS, I get called "pedantic" because there is no law preventing homosexuals from marrying. However, when I engage in a casual conversation, then all of the sudden words have to be used exactly how they were defined.

Funny how that works.. Contradict much? So, what's it going to be?



In other words, you can be a pedantic prick, but no one else can....?


Nope.. I used the wrong word. I meant no deception of any kind, I was just using casual talk and wasn't trying to base an argument on the accuracy of one word.

However, when others purposely use incorrect words with full intent of making their argument have a different effect, it's "ok".

I'm just asking for consistency.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#144 Mar 15 2012 at 10:36 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
Oh, you must have read that in the same AR that states your other lie? You have some nerve as a spineless p*ssy that can't even admit to being wrong to something completely irrelevant to us to call someone else a LIAR! Really? At this point, you have no weight in any discussion over veracious actions.
Smiley: lol
Does it hurt so much to be called out on a lie?


I honestly couldn't tell you.

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 6:37pm by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#145 Mar 15 2012 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
We could hope.
Even fantasy has limits.
I was hoping Kao would hold him to his word.
It's a real shame, but there's no rule against being a whiny little lying *****. A little annoying for us honest folk who have values and such, but what can you do?

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 12:39pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#146 Mar 15 2012 at 10:43 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
English, try using it some time. As I said before, words have meanings. And on a written forum, you're held to them as that's all there is. Feel free to let the door hit you on the *** on the way out.


Given the fact that I didn't disagree with your definition and comparison of the words, what exactly is your point? Are you against idioms because words have meanings?

Funny how when I counter arguments solely based on certain key words i.e. "homosexuals don't have the 'right' to marry" BS, I get called "pedantic" because there is no law preventing homosexuals from marrying. However, when I engage in a casual conversation, then all of the sudden words have to be used exactly how they were defined.

Funny how that works.. Contr

I'd challenge you to find one occurrence of me ever challenging you on disagreeing with you when others use the word "right" and *** marriage, but that would delay you leaving. Farewell, enjoy your life without us as I'm sure it'll be far more ignorant and blissful.

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 8:48am by Uglysasquatch
adict much? So, what's it going to be?


The fact that you're CHALLENGING me to FIND a quote only supports the notion that you remained SILENT, which proves my point that you're inconsistent. Thank you for admitting to being a hypocrite. Smiley: nod


Since you're concerned with saving time, why don't you state whether you agree or not that banning same *** marriage takes the rights of marriage away from homosexuals. Or do you believe that their right has never changed, but they are at a disadvantage due to a restriction that equally applies to everyone?

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 6:50pm by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#147 Mar 15 2012 at 10:48 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,084 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
We could hope.
Even fantasy has limits.
I was hoping Kao would hold him to his word.
It's a real shame, but there's no rule against being a whiny little lying *****. A little annoying for us honest folk who have values and such, but what can you do?

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 12:39pm by lolgaxe


If he did, there wouldn't be anyone here.

Find that AR yet? Or are you still looking?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#148 Mar 15 2012 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Almalieque wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put any stock in his claim. It shouldn't be any surprise he turned out to be a lying little *****, after all.
Oh, you must have read that in the same AR that states your other lie? You have some nerve as a spineless p*ssy that can't even admit to being wrong to something completely irrelevant to us to call someone else a LIAR! Really? At this point, you have no weight in any discussion over veracious actions.
Smiley: lol
Does it hurt so much to be called out on a lie?


I honestly couldn't tell you.

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 6:37pm by Almalieque


I have nothing but testimonies. If you believe otherwise, please counter it.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#149 Mar 15 2012 at 1:26 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nope.. I used the wrong word. I meant no deception of any kind, I was just using casual talk and wasn't trying to base an argument on the accuracy of one word.

However, when others purposely use incorrect words with full intent of making their argument have a different effect, it's "ok".

I'm just asking for consistency.


Perhaps to get consistency, you have to give it? If you want to nitpick others for their casualness on the forums (i.e. saying something general to the topic at hand, yet you insist on spreading it over several topics because, when taken completely literally, it could be construed that way even if that was obviously not what was intended), then you have no right to ***** when someone else does the same to you.

Also, for the record, this whole forum is casual, even when two people are "debating" or "arguing" over some particular topic.
#150 Mar 15 2012 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
The fact that you're CHALLENGING me to FIND a quote only supports the notion that you remained SILENT, which proves my point that you're inconsistent. Thank you for admitting to being a hypocrite. Smiley: nod


Since you're concerned with saving time, why don't you state whether you agree or not that banning same *** marriage takes the rights of marriage away from homosexuals. Or do you believe that their right has never changed, but they are at a disadvantage due to a restriction that equally applies to everyone?

Edited, Mar 15th 2012 6:50pm by Almalieque
First off, learn to ******* quote.
Second, you have to make a point before you can prove it. And it's not inconsistency. I've consistently wanted you gone from here and that's the sole reason I pounced on this.
Third, no rights are denied, however, they are not disadvantaged equally like everyone else, because everyone else isn't disadvantaged.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#151 Mar 15 2012 at 5:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Quote:
Or do you believe that their right has never changed, but they are at a disadvantage due to a restriction that equally applies to everyone?

Everyone else gets to marry people that
a) they are sexually compatible with and could sexually desire and in fact in the vast majority of cases DO sexually desire, and have a fulfilling sexual relationship with.
b) they are romantically compatible with, in the way that they CAN fall IN love with (not just love greatly as a friend) and in fact in the vast majority of cases ARE romantically in love with, and have a fulfilling romantic companionship with.

I CAN"T ******* FATHOM WHY I EVEN WROTE THAT OUT FOR YOU, BECAUSE YOUR ARGUMENT THAT HOMOSEXUALS ALREADY HAVING THE RIGHT TO MARRY PEOPLE OF THE OPPOSITE ***, WHILE NOT HAVING THE RIGHT TO MARRY PEOPLE OF THE SAME ***, MEANS THAT THEIR RIGHT TO MARRY IS INTACT: IS SO FATUOUS, TRANSPARENTLY RIDICULOUS, MORALLY BANKRUPT AND FALSE THAT I DON'T SEE WHY YOU CAN ADVANCE IT WITHOUT MAKING YOURSELF A LYING HYPOCRITICAL HATEFUL BIGOT THAT IS SMUGLY BARELY COVERING UP HIS BIGOTRY IN A NANO-THIN VENEER OF SOCIAL ACCEPTABILITY. YOUR ADVOCACY OF THIS ARGUMENT MAKES ME SICK, AND INFURIATED THAT I SHARE A CULTURE WITH YOU. IF YOU SINCERELY SWEAR-ON-YOUR-SACRED-OBJECT-OF-CHOICE BELIEVE IN THAT ARGUMENT YOU PUT FORWARD, YOU ARE SO ILLOGICAL AND IRRATIONAL THAT YOUR INFLUENCE ON SOCIETY BY ADVOCACY OF YOUR IDEAS AND CONCLUSIONS MAKES ME SCARED FOR OUR CULTURE AND INFURIATED THAT OUR CULTURE COULD PRODUCE SO DEFICIENT A HUMAN BEING.

JUST **** THE **** OFF TO THE INFINITESIMALLY SMALL; LOVELESS; LIGHTLESS; EMPATHETICALLY, INTELLECTUALLY, MORALLY, ETHICALLY, BANKRUPT QUAGMIRE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF TO INFLICT YOUR DERANGED, DANGEROUS AND SOCIALLY POISONOUS SELF UPON US. GO PERMANENTLY HANG WITH THE DELUSIONAL, SMUG, UNJUSTIFIABLY SELF-SATISFIED CROWD THAT AGREES WITH YOU, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU POISONING THE MEMESPHERE I INHABIT.

Revolting, disgusting little man.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 41 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (41)