Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Where's the snow?Follow

#1 Jan 09 2012 at 7:31 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,084 posts
It's January 9th, and it hit 42 degrees out today. Last Friday it hit 49 degrees. We didn't get any snow until a week after Christmas, and it was about 1 inch and was gone in 3 or 4 days.

So am I to expect a late winter, lasting until April or May... or is the Lake going to suffer and not get water this spring?


(Michigan, US).
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#2 Jan 09 2012 at 7:41 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
What is the obsession with snow? I f*cking hate snow personally, I don't get why everyone likes it so much.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#3 Jan 09 2012 at 7:44 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,301 posts
No snow, no reason to start up the fireplace. Smiley: frown

Also, Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas without snow.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Jan 09 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,017 posts
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#5 Jan 09 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,819 posts
It's here!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/01/09/20120109alaska-town-tries-dig-out-from-huge-snow-dump.html
____________________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ImGatomon/Request.jpg

. “Power even if it is raw uncontrolled potential is just as dangerous as a trained assassin. It is unpredictable and deadly if your are not prepared." ~Gatomon From the story A Fox Among Wolves.
#6 Jan 09 2012 at 7:53 PM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,697 posts
It snowed for a day here. In October. Hasn't since. ლ(¯ロ¯ლ)
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#7 Jan 09 2012 at 7:55 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,084 posts
When I was in high school we had one or two very mild winters in a row, and everyone started freaking out. Without the snow melt in the spring, the Lake levels dropped. I think Lake Michigan dropped a foot or two that year. I can't imagine what it's doing these days (I don't hear people crying about it as much though).

I do remember all the rich folk living on the Lake making a big deal about the drop in water level exposing their beach fronts. And apparently the city said that the exposed land was public, so people on the public beaches were using it as a walkway across the beaches, walking in front of these huge mansions. The owners threw a big fit about the whole thing. I think the city ended up moving the "water line" since the whole thing was about tides exposing land, but now it wasn't tides doing it it was the Lake level that had changed.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#8 Jan 09 2012 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
I told someone I was from Tennessee the other day. I **** you not, they said, "Oh, snow country, huh?"
#9 Jan 09 2012 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
I think it was like 70 the other day here in Illinois. yea not really sure, but it was warm enough Saturday you could wear shorts. It only got cold when the sun went down.

It is cold in the mornings here, gets to about 45-50 during the day, and then chills up once the sun goes down. I'm happy with this winter.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#10 Jan 09 2012 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
****
5,684 posts
I'm with Nil on this one, no snow is a blessing.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#11 Jan 10 2012 at 1:39 AM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Starting to get closer to the 80s again here. Tank top weather is back!

(Seriously haet snow)
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#12 Jan 10 2012 at 1:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,818 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
I'm with Nil on this one, no snow is a blessing.
We had a couple days of snow back right before Christmas. Highways shut down, accidents abound, and I'd like to avoid another go round.

Praise be to thee, oh Therin, goddess of the light, that the expected snow for yesterday morning did not manifest until after I had made it home from work, and even then, it cleared up before it could stick.


Edited, Jan 10th 2012 3:12am by Poldaran
#13 Jan 10 2012 at 4:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,561 posts
For about a week now, we've had weather in the 60s, with that finally dropping below 50 today when we got some rain.

It's been a weird winter.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#14 Jan 10 2012 at 6:52 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Nilatai wrote:
What is the obsession with snow? I f*cking hate snow personally, I don't get why everyone likes it so much.
You're British, British people fall apart when they see a snowflake. Your whole bloody country pretty much rolls over and plays dead when there's an inch of snow. Smiley: tongue


And I have yet to see a single snowflake here, sadly. They were predicting a brutal winter but so far we have barely had a few nights with freezing temperatures.
edit: We've had about 6 months of autumn though, and before that a few weeks of summer and more autumn, 2011 was a really weird year.

Edited, Jan 10th 2012 1:56pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#15 Jan 10 2012 at 7:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
What is the obsession with snow? I f*cking hate snow personally, I don't get why everyone likes it so much.
You're British, British people fall apart when they see a snowflake. Your whole bloody country pretty much rolls over and plays dead when there's an inch of snow. Smiley: tongue
I hate snow and I don't understand this obsession you all seem to ahve with it. In a couple of weeks, you'll all be ******** about how much you ******* hate the stuff after shoveling it out of your driveway and/or ******** about the stupid driver you came across the other day who nearly killed you and everyone else within 400 square miles.

I would be indifferent to snow if it would stay out of my god damned driveway and off the roads. I'd just feel disdain towards it if it could only do one of those and stayed out of my driveway.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#16 Jan 10 2012 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
We don't get enough snow here for it to get annoying and we have enough means of dealing with the snow and ice that it doesn't cause much problems. Which just leaves the fact that it's pretty and cool.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#17 Jan 10 2012 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,777 posts
What's snow?
#18 Jan 10 2012 at 10:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,998 posts
We haven't had any snow either and it's a good thing. Actually we haven't had much rain either, so that'll be fun come August when the water conservation people will be telling people to shower less while I'm the one who has to ride the bus with stinky Pete. Smiley: frown

____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#19 Jan 10 2012 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
52F today in the Chicago area. I blame that there global-hotting-whotsits.

A lot of landscape companies are getting creamed right now due to idle snowplows. Fortunately, the company I'm with doesn't do plowing.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#20 Jan 10 2012 at 10:36 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,301 posts
The worst part of the lack of snow is that I've spent more than two grand on exercise equipment to be used during snow days and heavy rain and such, and it's just sitting there this year. Smiley: mad
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#21 Jan 10 2012 at 10:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
What's snow?
The one thing the rest of the country used to get that still allowed you to claim you were living in a better place despite your droughts, smog, wild fires and earthquakes.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#22 Jan 10 2012 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Thumbelyna wrote:
What's snow?
The one thing the rest of the country used to get that still allowed you to claim you were living in a better place despite your droughts, smog, wild fires, earthquakes and Mexicans.

____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#23 Jan 10 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Jophiel wrote:
52F today in the Chicago area. I blame that there global-hotting-whotsits.

A lot of landscape companies are getting creamed right now due to idle snowplows. Fortunately, the company I'm with doesn't do plowing.
52? That's practically freezing!
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#24 Jan 10 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Sounds more like a wintertime scorcher.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#25 Jan 10 2012 at 1:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Been warmer than usual in TN this year also. Not that we get tons of snow, but by now we've usually seen one decent one that had more than an inch and lasted more than 12 hours. But so far all we've seen this year have been 2-3 separate nights of some flurries. We might get some later this week but once again, it's not supposed to amount to much.

But the southern winters always roll like this. Two or three in a row that are cold and snowy (well, as cold and snowy as it can get here), and then 2-3 in a row that are mild.
#26 Jan 10 2012 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
Duke Ikkian wrote:
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.


I hope it stays that way. I'm flying out to Montreal next week for work and I've been spoiled by Southern California weather for the last thirty years. By the way, what's cool to do in Montreal? I've got a Sunday to be a tourist, eh.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#27 Jan 10 2012 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
St. Catherines Street.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#28 Jan 10 2012 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
****
9,017 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.


I hope it stays that way. I'm flying out to Montreal next week for work and I've been spoiled by Southern California weather for the last thirty years. By the way, what's cool to do in Montreal? I've got a Sunday to be a tourist, eh.
Well, you're gonna contact me and we can attempt to do something.
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#29 Jan 10 2012 at 3:21 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Duke Ikkian wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.


I hope it stays that way. I'm flying out to Montreal next week for work and I've been spoiled by Southern California weather for the last thirty years. By the way, what's cool to do in Montreal? I've got a Sunday to be a tourist, eh.
Well, you're gonna contact me and we can attempt to do something.
Are you going to hit on him?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#30 Jan 10 2012 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
According to the news there's going to be a rhubarb shortage in the UK because of the lack of frost this winter.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#31 Jan 10 2012 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.


I hope it stays that way. I'm flying out to Montreal next week for work and I've been spoiled by Southern California weather for the last thirty years. By the way, what's cool to do in Montreal? I've got a Sunday to be a tourist, eh.
Well, you're gonna contact me and we can attempt to do something.
Are you going to hit on him?


He'll be barking up the wrong tree. But yeah, I'm game to get together for a beer or something.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#32 Jan 10 2012 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,141 posts
It has snowed twice this season so far, and neither time was it around for more than a day or so. I'm all for it. I really don't need to deal with this again.

Edited, Jan 10th 2012 7:06pm by Turin
#33 Jan 10 2012 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
31,875 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
What's snow?


It's that stuff up in the mountains that you ski on. Duh!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#34 Jan 10 2012 at 9:54 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,017 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Duke Ikkian wrote:
Even in the land of the frozen (Montreal) we still don't have enough snow to cover the first step of upwards stairs, which is pretty **** abnormal. Worst winter ever.


I hope it stays that way. I'm flying out to Montreal next week for work and I've been spoiled by Southern California weather for the last thirty years. By the way, what's cool to do in Montreal? I've got a Sunday to be a tourist, eh.
Well, you're gonna contact me and we can attempt to do something.
Are you going to hit on him?


He'll be barking up the wrong tree. But yeah, I'm game to get together for a beer or something.
Why do people assume I wanna violate people? Uglysasquatch come home from that meeting with me untouched!
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#35 Jan 10 2012 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
It hit 60 again today here in Des Moines. So far this year, we've had more days 60+ than less than 30. The average temp is somewhere in the low 20s. We had one very light snowfall that was slick as **** one evening, but just a dusting, and then it snowed overnight one night and we got several inches, but most of it was gone by daylight and all of it by the afternoon.

'Bout time we had a decent winter after several years of brutal ones.
#36 Jan 11 2012 at 8:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Well, we're supposed to have snow tonight/tomorrow. Anywhere from 2-8" depending on who you ask.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#37 Jan 11 2012 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Same deal here, except Friday follows up with warm temperatures and rain, so bye bye snow Smiley: grin.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#38 Jan 11 2012 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,526 posts
It's been 60 for the past few days, but there will be a steady temperature drop for the next 36 hours (down to about 23 supposedly), but no precipitation. Then it slowly climbs back up to the 50s for next week >_<.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#39 Jan 11 2012 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
******
44,301 posts
Ten day forecast shows shower/snow Thursday after next, but I don't think I'll hold my breath on a prediction that far out.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#40 Jan 11 2012 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,517 posts
We just had an epic summer-style rainstorm here. 60F out and hail and rain so loud you can't hear someone on the other end of a phone line.

But we usually don't see snow til February anyway.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#41 Jan 11 2012 at 1:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Vataro wrote:
It's been 60 for the past few days, but there will be a steady temperature drop for the next 36 hours (down to about 23 supposedly), but no precipitation. Then it slowly climbs back up to the 50s for next week >_<.

You guys aren't supposed to get any snow? We are here. Rain changing to snow tomorrow night. Maybe 4 inches on the plateau.
#42 Jan 11 2012 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
catwho wrote:
We just had an epic summer-style rainstorm here. 60F out and hail and rain so loud you can't hear someone on the other end of a phone line.

But we usually don't see snow til February anyway.
Pfff, we had hail, tornadoes and flooding on Monday.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#43 Jan 11 2012 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,526 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Vataro wrote:
It's been 60 for the past few days, but there will be a steady temperature drop for the next 36 hours (down to about 23 supposedly), but no precipitation. Then it slowly climbs back up to the 50s for next week >_<.

You guys aren't supposed to get any snow? We are here. Rain changing to snow tomorrow night. Maybe 4 inches on the plateau.


ah, there is a chance of light snow tomorrow afternoon (despite it not being below freezing). We'll see how much we actually get though.



Edited, Jan 11th 2012 4:25pm by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#44 Jan 11 2012 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,817 posts
Turin wrote:
It has snowed twice this season so far, and neither time was it around for more than a day or so. I'm all for it. I really don't need to deal with this again.

Yea, I wouldn't want to be stuck driving a Chevy Cobalt either.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#45 Jan 11 2012 at 4:51 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,017 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Turin wrote:
It has snowed twice this season so far, and neither time was it around for more than a day or so. I'm all for it. I really don't need to deal with this again.

Yea, I wouldn't want to be stuck driving a Chevy Cobalt either.
Yeah, the 2 inches of snow do make it pretty though.
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#46 Jan 11 2012 at 8:02 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Water freezes at 0 degrees, or 273.15 Kelvin. It boils at 100 degrees, or 373.15 Kelvin.


You people are doin' it wrong. Get with the programme already! I tell you what, if you convince your populace to switch, I'll start accepting that Sulphur is spelled with an 'F'. Deal?

Edited, Jan 11th 2012 9:05pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#47 Jan 11 2012 at 9:23 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,141 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Turin wrote:
It has snowed twice this season so far, and neither time was it around for more than a day or so. I'm all for it. I really don't need to deal with this again.

Yea, I wouldn't want to be stuck driving a Chevy Cobalt either.


It was cheap, is reliable, and I haven't had to put any money into it beyond gas, oil, and tires. I'm not a car person. If it gets me from one place to another without causing me problems, that's all I care about.
#48 Jan 12 2012 at 4:52 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
The front seat is the size of a go-kart. Never again will I drive one of those. Hit my head every time I got in the car.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#49 Jan 12 2012 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
It's been a weird Summer in the SE of Australia. We just did snow, hail and high winds. We've had a lot of spring-like or Autumnal days. Which are a big relief after the runs of face-meltingly hot days and nights. It's all over the place.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#50 Jan 12 2012 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Climate change in full effect! (:
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#51 Jan 12 2012 at 5:13 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,818 posts
It's snowing here, if anyone wants some cloud dandruff.

Oh, fun fact: I am one short trainride away from the Great Molester of Montreal, and likely will never go there.

Smiley: nod
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 53 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (53)