Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

So, New Year's Resolutions, Anyone?Follow

#27 Jan 02 2012 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
1. Stop drinking alone (specifically, don't buy alcohol for home consumption. It's like chocolate or soda; if it's there, I'll drink it)
2. Lose weight (specifically: 30 lbs)
3. Complete one or more of the following: find a new full-time position, move to Tampa, or enroll back in school.

For ZAM, I'll be trying to make my articles more interesting, and include more of my personal feelings rather than just what I consider the straight facts.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#28 Jan 02 2012 at 4:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,913 posts
you should write more articles about the roll of wombats in modern video game design!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#29 Jan 02 2012 at 5:18 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
you should write more articles about the roll of wombats in modern video game design!
I'd read that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#30 Jan 03 2012 at 10:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
10,795 posts
My New Year's resolutions center more on personal interaction and finding more meaningful moments in my life. I've been on routine and auto-pilot for the last couple of years.

So I'm aiming to actually write some letters to close friends and family throughout the year. Just to let them know that I consider them that important to me that I'm taking the time to do that. Spend more personal facetime with people instead of doing the Facebook, Twitter thing.

I used to love being outdoors a lot. I miss surfing and not sure if I'll take up short or long board surfing again, but I think I'll get into stand up paddling on flat water. Hiking as well since the neighborhood we live in is pretty much in one of the largest hiking trail areas in the state. I haven't been on a boat since college and I think I want to take some sailing lessons. Do more gardening. My parents are very embarrassed that I don't have a great vegetable garden. Of course all this is tied into the idea of having more physical activity to better my health.

I love to cook and I've been on autopilot on cooking the same dishes over and over again. So I'm planning to explore recipes and try out different dishes. How my kids and Ray will react to curried succotash casserole or chilled pumpkin soup will dictate how far I explore.

I've used Google apps to organize my life quite a bit and to that end, I'm planning to streamline and purge more things out of the house and life.

Edited, Jan 3rd 2012 1:16pm by Thumbelyna
#31 Jan 03 2012 at 2:54 PM Rating: Excellent
******
21,720 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
you should write more articles about the roll of wombats in modern video game design!


I imagine wombat rolls would be pretty tasty with some butter and garlic, but I'm not sure what that has to do with video game design.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#32 Jan 03 2012 at 6:07 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Goals:

1) Exercise at least once a week starting in Feb. (after I move!)
2) Make more lunches to take to work instead of eating out/at the caf
3) Write more poetry
4) Keep my "art room" in my new house tidy and inviting so I actually want to use it
5) Get on top of my finances and fix some mistakes I've made
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#33 Jan 03 2012 at 7:04 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
Olorinus wrote:

5) Get on top of my finances and fix some mistakes I've made

I read this as "Get on top of my fiance".
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#34 Jan 03 2012 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
Olorinus wrote:

5) Get on top of my finances and fix some mistakes I've made

I read this as "Get on top of my fiance".


we're not that official yet - but that too
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#35 Jan 03 2012 at 11:39 PM Rating: Good
Wants you as a new recruit!
*****
17,414 posts
So far I have learned to play Frère Jacques. My goal for piano is to play Gymnopédie No.1 by Erik Satie.
____________________________
Bringing derail™ back.
Smiley: canada
Qui s'estime petit deviendra grand.
#36 Jan 06 2012 at 9:41 PM Rating: Good
***
3,362 posts
I want to get back into cycling shape for the summer, get over my fear of recording studios long enough to do a few sessions, find a better way to monetize my music stuff, and stream Starcraft II when I have the time. I've already got a decent start on most of it, save for the monetizing of music...
#37 Jan 07 2012 at 6:28 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#38 Jan 10 2012 at 1:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.
____________________________
Banh
#39 Jan 10 2012 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
10,795 posts
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.


No **** on that. Sometimes I think it would be fun to be a cougar on the hunt. Apparently, though, the husband thinks otherwise.
#40 Jan 10 2012 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
******
49,821 posts
My resolution was to kill less people this year.

So far I'm off to a bad start.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#41 Jan 10 2012 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
***
2,608 posts
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.


Or move here and then you are golden, no matter what age. In fact, at 24, you would still be on the young side...
#42 Jan 10 2012 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
eiran wrote:
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.


Or move here and then you are golden, no matter what age. In fact, at 24, you would still be on the young side...

I suppose being three years older than the youngest person there is a lot better than six years older...
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#43 Jan 11 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
****
4,348 posts
To finally get a girlfriend.


...so lonely ;-;

Edited, Jan 12th 2012 1:19am by Whoads
____________________________

Baron von Annabella wrote:
Sogoro Quick Hands wrote:
You don't know Whoads much do you?
Yes, I do. I meant, he's the kid on the forum I'd most like to violate.

Professor Lemmi wrote:
Whoads has a big **** and has the right to do with it what he pleases.

#44 Jan 11 2012 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I didn't make any resolutions. Though I would like to make a little more effort in some areas of my life.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#45 Jan 11 2012 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
My resolution was to kill less people this year.

So far I'm off to a bad start.
I would never make that resolution because I know I couldn't keep it.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#46 Jan 11 2012 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.

I find I could do that when I started wearing a beard any way. Is that the right way to say it? Wearing a beard? Having a beard? I'uno. It works, though.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#47 Jan 11 2012 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
***
2,608 posts
Nilatai wrote:
eiran wrote:
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.


Or move here and then you are golden, no matter what age. In fact, at 24, you would still be on the young side...

I suppose being three years older than the youngest person there is a lot better than six years older...


Dude you are so wrong. Where I live is like Fantasy Island for guys... Loads of single woman and much less dudes. If my hubby and I split up he would so be sporting another woman and I would be a single mom forever.

#48 Jan 11 2012 at 9:08 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
eiran wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
eiran wrote:
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.


Or move here and then you are golden, no matter what age. In fact, at 24, you would still be on the young side...

I suppose being three years older than the youngest person there is a lot better than six years older...


Dude you are so wrong. Where I live is like Fantasy Island for guys... Loads of single woman and much less dudes. If my hubby and I split up he would so be sporting another woman and I would be a single mom forever.


All this being said, I think I did inspire one girl I was talking to in the smoking area to take up Physics when she goes to University.

Perhaps being olde isn't so bad.

Edited, Jan 11th 2012 10:10pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#49 Jan 11 2012 at 11:07 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.

I find I could do that when I started wearing a beard any way. Is that the right way to say it? Wearing a beard? Having a beard? I'uno. It works, though.
Keeping a beard?
____________________________
Banh
#50 Jan 12 2012 at 3:58 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Assassin Spoonless wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I think I've decided to stop going to clubs as my NYR. I'm 24 and it's getting to that sad age where I'm literally the oldest guy in the room in some clubs.
Yeah, but in like 6 years you can start going again and preying on picking up the girls with daddy issues.

I find I could do that when I started wearing a beard any way. Is that the right way to say it? Wearing a beard? Having a beard? I'uno. It works, though.
Keeping a beard?
Whatever the right way of phrasing it is, get yerself a beard. Beards are ****.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#51 Jan 12 2012 at 4:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Beards are ****.
They're like anything else, only some people cna pull them off properly and most of the people who have them aren't those people.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)