Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Best Weekend EVAR!!!!!Follow

#1 Sep 06 2011 at 6:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
So this was a monumental weekend!

After waiting 11 years, and much anger, depression, etc, I saw my 11 year old daughter for the first time since she was two months old.

Crazy Baby Momma is Crazy Baby Momma, and it was all I could do to not shoot myself in the face listening to her talk for the last five days, but I got to take my daughter to the Zoo, the Audubon Society, the Pirate Festival, and finally to her first day of Middle School.

Unfortunately, I am sitting in the airport, trying not to cry into my beer, because it was the best weekend I have ever had, Crazy Baby Momma or no Crazy Baby Momma.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#2 Sep 06 2011 at 6:39 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Go you. Smiley: smile
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#3 Sep 06 2011 at 6:45 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,668 posts
Not seeing my little girl for eleven years sounds like a horror I wouldn't want to live through. That would simultaneously be the best and worst weekend. Congratulations.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Sep 06 2011 at 6:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Not seeing my little girl for eleven years sounds like a horror I wouldn't want to live through. That would simultaneously be the best and worst weekend. Congratulations.


Quoted for truth...Oh...I mean, QFT
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#5 Sep 06 2011 at 6:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
The aforementioned Pirate Festival.

She is the one on the far right:

Pirate Fest


____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#6 Sep 06 2011 at 6:59 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,668 posts
You'd think there'd be some complaint over the historical inaccuracy of a chocobo riding pirate.

Your girl's cute. You're going to hate that in a few years. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#7 Sep 06 2011 at 7:02 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,646 posts
Oh wow. Grats and that sort of sucks at the same time. Smiley: frown I'm glad it went well!
#8 Sep 06 2011 at 7:18 PM Rating: Excellent
awesome.
Hope she had an awesome time too.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#9 Sep 06 2011 at 9:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
wow 11 years? I would have to commit multiple homicides if anyone kept me from seeing my daughter for that long.
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#10 Sep 06 2011 at 11:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Tyrrant wrote:
wow 11 years? I would have to commit multiple homicides if anyone kept me from seeing my daughter for that long.



And where did I say that I didn't Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#11 Sep 07 2011 at 12:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
oh you!
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#12 Sep 07 2011 at 1:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Oh wow. Grats and that sort of sucks at the same time. Smiley: frown I'm glad it went well!


Yes, it did a bit of both. My god, how did I ever date that woman? She even started an argument on the last day (one of many) so that I couldn't get pictures with me in them.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#13 Sep 07 2011 at 1:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
awesome.
Hope she had an awesome time too.


That seemed to be how she felt, but I will prolly have to wait years to find out for sure Smiley: cry
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#14 Sep 07 2011 at 1:46 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,793 posts
Don't really know the background story so probably a stupid question/already answered question elsewhere, but can't you fight for visitation rights or something?

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 7:47am by MagingMartin
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#15 Sep 07 2011 at 4:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,496 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Not seeing my little girl for eleven years sounds like a horror I wouldn't want to live through. That would simultaneously be the best and worst weekend. Congratulations.


Tyrrant wrote:
wow 11 years? I would have to commit multiple homicides if anyone kept me from seeing my daughter for that long.


So many times these.

Your reasons are your own and I won't question them, but the grave is the only thing that would keep me from my daughter for that long.

Good for you for getting back in touch and not just walking away.

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 12:33am by Raolan
#16 Sep 07 2011 at 6:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Here's to many many more of these weekends.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#17 Sep 07 2011 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
Here's to many many more of these weekends.

Yeah pirate weekends are awesome, but you need to mix it up with ninja and zombie weekends too!!
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#18 Sep 07 2011 at 1:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
MagingMartin wrote:
Don't really know the background story so probably a stupid question/already answered question elsewhere, but can't you fight for visitation rights or something?

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 7:47am by MagingMartin


Raolan wrote:
Your reasons are your own and I won't question them, but the grave is the only thing that would keep me from my daughter for that long.

Good for you for getting back in touch and not just walking away.

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 12:33am by Raolan


Most of that time has been spent tracking them down. Once I found them, it was a matter of keeping crazy baby momma from pulling another vanishing act, so the last year or so has been a very trying process.

Believe me when I say that not a day has gone by that I didn't want to be in her life, and I did all that I could to get here, and I did it in a way that will hopefully not be traumatizing to her.

There is more to the story, but it is one I am very tired of thinking about.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#19 Sep 07 2011 at 2:49 PM Rating: Excellent
*
88 posts
As someone who grew/is growing up without a father I bet I know just how much that meant to her.

Keep it up.
____________________________
Internuncio-n. pl. in·ter·nun·ci·os, A messenger or an agent; a go-between.
#20 Sep 07 2011 at 3:21 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
15,953 posts
"Daddy, why can't we be together more often?"
"Because your mother is the evil inbred deathspawn of Hades when he cloned and mated with himself."
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#21 Sep 07 2011 at 3:56 PM Rating: Good
****
9,346 posts
Quote:
Most of that time has been spent tracking them down. Once I found them, it was a matter of keeping crazy baby momma from pulling another vanishing act, so the last year or so has been a very trying process.


Aren't there laws that are supposed to prevent that? Not to mention consequences for the parent taking the child and disappearing?
____________________________
10k before the site's inevitable death or bust

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#22 Sep 07 2011 at 4:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,366 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
Most of that time has been spent tracking them down. Once I found them, it was a matter of keeping crazy baby momma from pulling another vanishing act, so the last year or so has been a very trying process.


Aren't there laws that are supposed to prevent that? Not to mention consequences for the parent taking the child and disappearing?
You'd be surprised how useless many laws regarding children and non-present parents are.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#23 Sep 07 2011 at 5:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Uglysasquatch, Mercenary Major wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Aren't there laws that are supposed to prevent that? Not to mention consequences for the parent taking the child and disappearing?
You'd be surprised how useless many laws regarding children and non-present parents are.


QFT


EDTI: Quote fail

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 4:03pm by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#24 Sep 07 2011 at 8:04 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
34,867 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Uglysasquatch, Mercenary Major wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Aren't there laws that are supposed to prevent that? Not to mention consequences for the parent taking the child and disappearing?
You'd be surprised how useless many laws regarding children and non-present parents are.


QFT


Doubly so when it's the father who's being excluded. The laws, and more importantly the application of the laws, are horribly skewed towards providing the mother with whatever she wants. If she wants the father involved in the child's life, the law will help her track him down and get money from him if nothing else. But if she actively chooses to avoid the father and exclude him from the child's life, the father has very very few legal options.

I feel sorry for any guy who's in this sort of situation, and wish you the best of luck.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#25 Sep 07 2011 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
gbaji wrote:
Doubly so when it's the father who's being excluded. The laws, and more importantly the application of the laws, are horribly skewed towards providing the mother with whatever she wants. If she wants the father involved in the child's life, the law will help her track him down and get money from him if nothing else. But if she actively chooses to avoid the father and exclude him from the child's life, the father has very very few legal options.

I feel sorry for any guy who's in this sort of situation, and wish you the best of luck.


I rated you up for putting into words what I was thinking, and have had to deal with for the last 11 years.

Wow, I rated up Gbaaji...Will wonders never cease!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#26 Sep 08 2011 at 3:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,366 posts
Actually, in my experience, they're @#%^ed on both sides. They really do little to help out either parent, regardless of gender so long as the child is actually ok.

Quote:
If she wants the father involved in the child's life, the law will help her track him down and get money from him if nothing else.
No they won't. The laws state that they will, but they really won't do much. They'll withhold government cheques, they'll request employers garnish wages, but they won't actually enforce anything.

Edited, Sep 8th 2011 6:20am by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (56)