Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

BRD's that suckFollow

#1 Dec 03 2008 at 8:38 AM Rating: Default
*
139 posts
1.) Any BRD that leaves a pt befor they are even at camp because "setup looks like it will be slow exp"

2.) Any BRD who wears a manteel just to show off thier hott mithra nakedness but does not or even can not pull

3.)BRD's that refuse to PT with certain jobs

4.)BRD's that won't party with other BRD's

5.)BRD's that will only pt with other BRD's

6.)BRD's from the opposing pt who /tell <me> "let our pt pull some mobs, our chain keeps breaking" while wearing sed manteel and casting ballad on melees while engaging mob with joytoy....

7.) BRD's who took BRD to 75 just to get auto pt invite hidden job trait, and not for the love of the music

8.) Galka BRD's <.<; (jay kay)

OK so yea I got a whole lotta hate for BRD and my once favorite job is now retired and I attack anyone that mentions the phrase "will you go as BRD"

Edited, Dec 3rd 2008 11:41am by FloppyFish
#2 Dec 03 2008 at 10:52 AM Rating: Default
Sage
*
149 posts
Quote:
3.)BRD's that refuse to PT with certain jobs

I dont merit with plds
____________________________
Magitek ^^
#3 Dec 03 2008 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,129 posts
Quote:
1.) Any BRD that leaves a pt befor they are even at camp because "setup looks like it will be slow exp"


Might want to qualify that with a "within reason" or something...it's one thing to fuss over not having a second BRD or that a BST or PUP or something is in the party. It's another to have a party with no haste, inappropriately geared jobs (IE, turtle PLD in merit), trying to head to birds when three parties are already there or something.

Quote:
2.) Any BRD who wears a manteel just to show off thier hott mithra nakedness but does not or even can not pull


Eh, if someone can't/won't pull, it's kind of irrelevant whether they can afford a manteel or not.

Quote:
3.)BRD's that refuse to PT with certain jobs

4.)BRD's that won't party with other BRD's

5.)BRD's that will only pt with other BRD's


People are allowed to define their "requirements" for taking an invite. If they're excessive, the only person they hurt is themselves in the long run. Either by getting a reputation as a primadonna, or simply because they miss out on getting merits.

Quote:
6.)BRD's from the opposing pt who /tell <me> "let our pt pull some mobs, our chain keeps breaking" while wearing sed manteel and casting ballad on melees while engaging mob with joytoy....


Shouldn't overcamp either >_>

Quote:
7.) BRD's who took BRD to 75 just to get auto pt invite hidden job trait, and not for the love of the music


IMO, doesn't matter if fast meriting was the reason someone took the job up or not. Long as they put in a real effort to play it well.
____________________________
•• Isiolia - Mithra - Pandemo... Asura FU SE ••
RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
#4 Dec 03 2008 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
17 posts
Wow sounds like uve had some bad exp with brds lately, But Isiolia is right;

Quote:
People are allowed to define their "requirements" for taking an invite. If they're excessive, the only person they hurt is themselves in the long run. Either by getting a reputation as a primadonna, or simply because they miss out on getting merits.


Most of the pt invites I get are while im not seeking and further even (albiet rare) while I am /anon. If I am actively seeking a pt then I take what I can get and do my best with the pt setup as it is. Since I rarely seek anymore then I reserve the right to screen out pts I dont want to be involved with.

The only point I sorta agree with is #6 BRD shouldnt melee in exp/merit pt unless asked to, for whatever reason or they are the non pulling brd in a 2 brd pt. AND only so long as it doesnt affect songs and kill speed negatively.

Go pt with a Cor lol.
____________________________
Ryvr
FF11
Pheonix Server: BRD75,DNC75, PLD65, PUP55, WHM60, BLM60, RNG42, NIN37
FF14
Wutai: Mi'qote PUG 16, ARM 13, LTH 10, WVR 9

"Of course I went mad with power!!! Nobody listens to you if you go mad without power." Simpsons Movie
#5 Dec 03 2008 at 1:28 PM Rating: Default
**
766 posts
FloppyFish wrote:
1.) Any BRD that leaves a pt befor they are even at camp because "setup looks like it will be slow exp"


Generally if I ask someone to change to a certain job if they have it or a certain sub to make it a smoother party and they start giving me crap, I ditch them. It just isn't a good way to start a party off.

Edited, Dec 3rd 2008 10:29pm by OmniChange
____________________________
Eleazar of Shiva
75 WAR, BST, PLD, BLU, BRD
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?185531
Perdu Hanger get! (Finally...)
#6 Dec 03 2008 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
*
87 posts
What's wrong with Galka BRD's? lol
Im a damn good Galka BRD, might not be
the most pimped out BRD but I don't suck!!! =)
____________________________
Me swift like mountain,Sharp like bowling ball.

BravesoftheZodiac LS
HAIL BRAVES!!

#7 Dec 04 2008 at 8:57 PM Rating: Good
*
96 posts
#7 Is why I played bard. Then I fell in love with it.
#8 Dec 04 2008 at 9:55 PM Rating: Good
42 posts
Honestly I don't understand why people level BRD just to get merits/awesome invites with.

Meriting on BRD blows.
#9 Dec 04 2008 at 10:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
762 posts
lovelyweapon wrote:
Honestly I don't understand why people level BRD just to get merits/awesome invites with.

Meriting on BRD blows.


Not if you enjoy the job, IMO meriting as a DD blows;

Attack
Do some JA
Weapon skill
Go AFK
Attack
JA's
Weapon skill
Go AFK some more

Etc, etc
____________________________
Mikhalia wrote:
I care that the "No Child Left Behind" act has failed you.
#10 Dec 04 2008 at 10:12 PM Rating: Decent
42 posts
I do enjoy the job. I enjoy playing it in events much more than merit parties, where I get to do all the work and the melee auto-attack and go get a sandwich.
#11 Dec 04 2008 at 11:08 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
i wonder if OP is trolling... . . . ...

also, i leave parties b/c setup is sh*tty all the time, whether i'm on BRD, MNK, or whatever. they should break the party and seek, sh*t's gonna suck anyway. if it's some "let's all get together and be friends and make no XP" thing, they can do that just as effectively without me, so surely it's no big deal.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#12 Dec 04 2008 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
**
278 posts
BRD's that leave a party because party wiped due to said BRD megalinking 8 birds.
____________________________
75 Warrior of Asura

Quote:
Later I wept. But not on Warrior. Warriors never cry. I was Ninja.


Quote:
WAR has access to enough enmity gear and enough hate-inducing JA to aggro baby Jesus.
#13 Dec 05 2008 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
Clatuu hit this one right on the head. Have had that happen a couple times ..it's always funny (I usually merit nin, sometimes bard)...watching other bards in action sometimes makes me lol pretty hard.
#14 Dec 05 2008 at 2:45 AM Rating: Good
**
766 posts
Meriting on BRD is so much more fun than meriting on a DD. I got my first 100+ merits on WAR and I just got tired of the tedium of engaging, auto-attack, JA use, switch gear, WS, switch gear to auto-attack again. One of the reasons I leveled BRD was because they seemed to be so much more active.
____________________________
Eleazar of Shiva
75 WAR, BST, PLD, BLU, BRD
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?185531
Perdu Hanger get! (Finally...)
#15 Dec 06 2008 at 10:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
977 posts
Quote:
1.) Any BRD that leaves a pt befor they are even at camp because "setup looks like it will be slow exp"

3.)BRD's that refuse to PT with certain jobs


5.)BRD's that will only pt with other BRD's


What the hell is your problem. If I was meriting on my WAR or any other job, and I had these requirements I don;'t think you'd be complaining. If I want another COR or BRD in the party, that's my prerogative, and if I don't want your purple belt MNK slowing down my exp either that's also my own choosing. Anyone, regardless of job can party with who/when/if they want, and just becase they're a BRD it doesn't mean they live to merit with you 24/7.
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#16 Dec 07 2008 at 2:10 AM Rating: Good
***
1,041 posts
I can't possibly take any of these rules for what they are worth, simply because any full-time self-respected decent BRD is either

A) completely merited by now and doesn't need a party, or
B) already has hundreds of people willing to merit with them
C) regaining that buffer exp and has played the 'merit game' before, and probably doesn't really care about how fast or slow it really is, simply because its been months since they last partied.

All these other BRDs are either "Merit BRD's" who will never take their job seriously, or "Newbie BRD's" who have not yet learned from (or even made) these mistakes.

I have no real preference to what the party is like. I'll party with anyone. Unless your a BRD, because frankly - You slow me down. Just kidding! I'll still party...just let me buff and pull, you stand and look pretty so I don't have to sleep your pulls too.

Edited, Dec 7th 2008 5:13am by Asmoranomar
____________________________
Asmoranomar - Diabolos
BRD/RDM - Song Cast Time Setup
BRD/WHM - Wind Buff Setup
BRD/WHM - Wind Debuff Setup
BRD/WHM - String Buff Setup
BRD/WHM - String Debuff Setup
#17 Dec 07 2008 at 4:16 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
986 posts
I will add to the list brds that can't consistently sleep colibri so they peck my eyes out when I keep the brd from being eaten. >_>
____________________________
Eltio - Bastokan Galka of Hades Server
lvl 75 {dirty}

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Tokitoki wrote:
Is Pikko secretly Eltio?
#18 Dec 09 2008 at 3:08 AM Rating: Good
**
766 posts
I think members of the party I ditched the other day found my post here and defaulted it ;)
____________________________
Eleazar of Shiva
75 WAR, BST, PLD, BLU, BRD
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?185531
Perdu Hanger get! (Finally...)
#19 Dec 09 2008 at 3:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
182 posts
I partied with a level 33 BRD that didn't have any songs > level 20. That was very sad.
____________________________
BST 75
BRD 74, WHM 53, RDM 47, NIN 44, WAR 37, BLM 37...
#20 Dec 09 2008 at 6:36 AM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
I think I want to level BRD again... my old character got to 75 before ToAU came out, and I quickly gave up the Taru BRD life for Galka PUP. But now that I am endgame and people refuse to use parsers I struggle to merit outside of Campaign as a PUP. Maybe leveling BRD again will be a nice refresh, and Pianissimo makes me happy like when they turned Etudes into single target all those years ago. xD
#21 Dec 09 2008 at 10:38 AM Rating: Decent
Asmoranomar wrote:
I can't possibly take any of these rules for what they are worth, simply because any full-time self-respected decent BRD is either

A) completely merited by now and doesn't need a party, or
B) already has hundreds of people willing to merit with them
C) regaining that buffer exp and has played the 'merit game' before, and probably doesn't really care about how fast or slow it really is, simply because its been months since they last partied.

All these other BRDs are either "Merit BRD's" who will never take their job seriously, or "Newbie BRD's" who have not yet learned from (or even made) these mistakes.

I have no real preference to what the party is like. I'll party with anyone. Unless your a BRD, because frankly - You slow me down. Just kidding! I'll still party...just let me buff and pull, you stand and look pretty so I don't have to sleep your pulls too.

Edited, Dec 7th 2008 5:13am by Asmoranomar


Have my babies. Smiley: inlove
____________________________
Binya ~ 85 Worgen Priest ~ Hellscream
Esa ~ 85 Night Elf Druid ~ Hellscream
Various other toons ~ Ner'zhul and Hellscream


Etain ~ 75THF/BRD/WHM ~ Fenrir (May 2004-March 2009)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)