My life is giving me less and less continuous game time, so I'm thinking leveling BST and striking out on my own will afford me the chance to enjoy more of the game. Plus, it lets me avoid Port Jeuno. Some questions please.
1) Does reward cap at 50% and should I shoot for: Relic feet, ogre gloves, bison warbonet, 2x zoraal ja's axe, and af body?
2) -damage taken: I get the axes will give -20% physical, but how do I get past this? I can't seem to find a list of gear for it but I see people claiming 38% or whatever.
3) Atmas: rr/dg 99.999% of the time makes sense; most jobs seem to have two must-use atmas. For the third, do I generally want to look towards a damage (VV would be the most versitle, because I could run in after the mob does a ws), or defensive (earth wyrm, because I don't have future fabulous or zenith), or recovery (mounted champion). I understand nitch fights might require elemental resistence atma until I get future fabulous.
4) That slug looks like the right choice a large percentage of the time. But can dipper yuly stick treasure hunter, die, be replaced by he slug for the kill, and still give me treasure hunter?
5) Is there a standard merit build? It seems like reward/call beast are good for tier 1, but tier 2 isn't so clear.
Edited, Nov 15th 2011 10:28am by Thydonon