Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Sparrow bowFollow

#1 Mar 27 2010 at 11:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
161 posts
Haven't seen a thread about it yet so...

Sparrow bow
DMG:55 Delay:540
"DMG:+20"
"Delay:-16"
"STR+4"
"Rng Atk+12"

vs

E/Vbow
DMG 71 delay 490
STR/AGI +3
RACC +2 RATK +23

I'm thinking E/Vbow still pulls ahead, but not sure and didn't wanna do all those quests for a weaker/sidegrade bow
____________________________
"It's ok, I can TP in Alkies. I'm mithra, I have capped ACC /nod"
#2 Mar 28 2010 at 1:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
I suspect the Gyrfalcon is an upgrade to SBow and inferior to EBow.

____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#3 Mar 29 2010 at 5:26 AM Rating: Default
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
DyceDyce wrote:
Haven't seen a thread about it yet so...

Sparrow bow
DMG:55 Delay:540
"DMG:+20"
"Delay:-16"
"STR+4"
"Rng Atk+12"

vs

E/Vbow
DMG 71 delay 490
STR/AGI +3
RACC +2 RATK +23

I'm thinking E/Vbow still pulls ahead, but not sure and didn't wanna do all those quests for a weaker/sidegrade bow


4 more DMG, 1 more STR, 12 less RATT, 3 less AGI, 2 less RACC, 50 more delay.

Vali's is still best. And I can't see SE rendering it obsolete because with a superior and easier to obtain weapon around there is no further need for Brothers D'Aurphe or Eastern Shadow to even exist.


Edited, Mar 29th 2010 8:31am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#4 Mar 29 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,067 posts
Quote:
Vali's is still best. And I can't see SE rendering it obsolete because with a superior and easier to obtain weapon around there is no further need for Brothers D'Aurphe or Eastern Shadow to even exist.


hmmm. did your rng jump from 55 to 75 immediately? mine didn't.

if they made a better bow at 75 which was easier to get, vbow would go the way of cross-counters: still great until you get the high level stuff.
#5 Mar 29 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
I've already crunched the numbers: here
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#6 Mar 29 2010 at 11:35 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Aryden wrote:
I've already crunched the numbers: here


O-bow + DSB is higher DPS than Vali's + kabura yet your numbers place o-bow last for DPS. Clearly you have made a mistake somewhere.

Edited, Mar 30th 2010 2:37am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#7 Mar 30 2010 at 10:47 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
argue with this ( http://killingifrit.com/page.php?al=dcalc ) not me. Its actually fairly consistent with my experiences with O.bow.
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#8 Mar 30 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
****
7,094 posts
I have a question:

How can you calculate "DPS" from a page that has no option to input delay?

In your linked post, you list off several numbers for delay:

HF+1- 4.84
E-bow- 4.36
O-bow- 4.17

...but I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at those numbers. If those numbers represent seconds, HF+1 would require Snapshot+66% to actually fire at that speed. This is not currently possible.
____________________________
Terraxia - RNG/COR/THF - Midgardsormr/Quetzalcoatl (boxed)
Viper Beam - ARC/CRP - Fabul
#9 Mar 30 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Aryden wrote:
argue with this ( http://killingifrit.com/page.php?al=dcalc ) not me. Its actually fairly consistent with my experiences with O.bow.


That has been known to be wrong for years.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#10 Apr 04 2010 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
argue with this ( http://killingifrit.com/page.php?al=dcalc ) not me. Its actually fairly consistent with my experiences with O.bow.


Really? It's not at all c/w my exerience with OBow. I definitely get better DPS from Obow over my HF+1. I pretty much just use HF+1 for zergs where I'm just meidtating for TP, WS ->barrage -> WS -> dead mob. Any longer fight I do better with Obow. And if Holies or Acids proc, its no contest.

So we each have our own experiences and admittedly the differences are generally pretty small between the weapons.

The new weapons are defintely going to parse well in DoT. Whether that makes them right for all situations I'm not so sure.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#11 Apr 08 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
I don't remember Ilean asking me the ranged delay. The ones who immediately know about ranged delay is ppl in this forum when I made the thread 2-3 years ago, or those who even pay attention to my thread in BG around the same time.

The one I wrote in FFXIclopedia for the first time is the ranged delay I formulated.
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (13)