Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Dumbfounded /fumeFollow

#1 Nov 03 2009 at 9:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
1st let me list the gear /merits in question and say yes, I am Elv.

Vulcans/axe/Sbow/demon
af head/breeze/triumph/cassie
osode/cfg/flame/rajas
am+1/buccaneers/lolenkidu/relic

Capped archery, target was Aw'aern, food was pot-au-feu.

Now can anyone, even given the inherent lack of acc of misswinder explain to me why the **^%%*&*&^& I went 3/9 hits/misses on these fng VT mobs?

and yet I could hit 800-1k barrages every 5 minutes like clockwork.

end rant sorry to bug you.
#2 Nov 04 2009 at 9:10 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,126 posts
Quote:
Vulcans/axe/Sbow/demon


Well for one this needs attention because it is subpar. I won't comment any further because I don't think any of the bow rangers like my facts.

Edit~~

    =) Could have also been your time of the month?


Quote:
af head/breeze/triumph/cassie


Not for WS, pick up a NQ wyvern instead. If your having racc issues, use your Ohat, I do still with full merits and whelm +1. Af head is 2nd best for TP so definitely keep using it.

As an elvaan I find the cassie not that necessary but I have had those 1~49 HP left situations.

Quote:
osode/cfg/flame/rajas


Missing alot of Racc on this line. Skotes work wonders and swapping in a behemoth +1 for flame and you should see a very noticeable difference in racc.

Quote:
am+1/buccaneers/lolenkidu/relic


Dusk Pants :\




Edited, Nov 4th 2009 10:17am by Deadonarrival
____________________________
[99] Smithing [60] Clothcraft [60] Woodworking [60] Leathercraft
[60] Alchemy [60] Cooking [60] Bonecraft [61] Goldsmithing [50] Synergy

#3 Nov 04 2009 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
What sub were you using? (agility base still matters)

also, what TP were you firing off your ws's at? (harder to hit mobs = more tp needed)

Do you have merits in archery?

____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#4 Nov 04 2009 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,126 posts
Quote:
Capped archery


I assumed he does with my answer~ idk though
____________________________
[99] Smithing [60] Clothcraft [60] Woodworking [60] Leathercraft
[60] Alchemy [60] Cooking [60] Bonecraft [61] Goldsmithing [50] Synergy

#5 Nov 04 2009 at 3:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
My bad on the af hat, that is my TP piece with wyvern as WS.

As for the bow comments please comment, I understand the whole acid bolts, increase the whole ally/party damage output, holy added damage, etc, but if there is some other info that brings marksmanship to the forefront for damage Id love to know. fng 0/18 on Vbow I gave up lol.

I had dusk pants then sold them once I got relic legs and capped archery.

Abraxas (omg who goes there?!?! lol) I hit the 95% racc cap with the above gear but idk if they are anywhere close to the same level.

Firing SW @ 150%+ and I was /nin as I have capped enmity for pld.

Thanks for the input rate us all around.

And ya, Im guessing it was my time of the month lol
#6 Nov 04 2009 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,126 posts
Obow/Dst is roughly equivalent to Ebow/Kabura, Full time. Slightly higher DoT for Obow and slightly higher ws for Ebow. Now if it's a mob that does not resist Holy Bolt's than that will greater than all. In most server economies it is cheaper to go with Dsb's then Demon fulltime with Holy being pocket change. Each weapon provides a very unique special effect, each should be used in their own situation. I also found it fun to silence mobs with Kab's that made the mages mad.
If you look around a lot of rangers are paying high prices to perform sub par.

Sorry thought it was the perfect placement for a nice play on words. =)


____________________________
[99] Smithing [60] Clothcraft [60] Woodworking [60] Leathercraft
[60] Alchemy [60] Cooking [60] Bonecraft [61] Goldsmithing [50] Synergy

#7 Nov 05 2009 at 5:57 AM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
ok, Im no math whiz with FF so Ill take your word on the numbers, as I have on other rng related things through the years. My only question is do those numbers hold through even with capped merits/skill in archery vs just capped skill in marksmanship?
#8 Nov 05 2009 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
63 posts
If by max skill you mean: hope torque + max archery merits VS Faith torque+ max mark.merits, then archery will have slightly better acc on those two specific slots/stats.

PCC with blank weapons (ie no stats like v/obow, demon arrows, etc) and capped skill? Then your looking at equal acc. Obviously putting merits into one will improve it over the other. Personally I condsiders 'capped skill' to include sea torques, hence why I dont use my o.bow... yet...


For WSing I belive sidewinder is something like -40 racc at 100tp (not sure but I've heard it thrown around) assuming that, is gona mean you'll need to compensate for the loss of racc at numbers closer to 100tp... your STR heavy set pretty much explains why ya having troubles. You is elvaan, what ya got to worry about str for???

Assuming your not trying to keep a Xhit build, annnnnd I wont bother with a weapon line, simple changes for any weapon WS:

Ohat/gorget/triumphx2
osode/s.kote/behe+1**/raja's
am+1/buccs/relic or dusk/relic

**FOV spamming 10~15 NQ behe rings will pretty much guarantee you one with +2~3 str on it, which is way more uber than a behe+1, and costs about the same price to get ;)

Thats like a 700k total(?) investment excluding s.kote if ya dont have it yet, and it'll round off your WSacc for a number of different places.

(Also an easy way to improve O/E/Sbow output is to /sam and 5hit it, its pretty easy with the delay on O/Sbow atleast.. rose strap, enkidu/skadi legs, cobra feet, rajas, stp on Mirke/salade, Marid arrows(120 delay)... lots of options lol)

Edited, Nov 5th 2009 9:33pm by kamaraCat
____________________________
Kamara
RNG/WHM/NIN/RDM
#9 Nov 09 2009 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
229 posts
bizarrobahamut wrote:
1st let me list the gear /merits in question and say yes, I am Elv.

Vulcans/axe/Sbow/demon
af head/breeze/triumph/cassie
osode/cfg/flame/rajas
am+1/buccaneers/lolenkidu/relic

Capped archery, target was Aw'aern, food was pot-au-feu.

Now can anyone, even given the inherent lack of acc of misswinder explain to me why the **^%%*&*&^& I went 3/9 hits/misses on these fng VT mobs?

and yet I could hit 800-1k barrages every 5 minutes like clockwork.

end rant sorry to bug you.


What was the moon phase? Could have something to do with your acc. with sbow, just a thought.
____________________________

How I mine for fish!? O.o
Solace <<<Hades>>> RIP
Vivik <<<Cerberus>>>


#10 Nov 09 2009 at 2:07 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,144 posts
Quote:
1st let me list the gear /merits in question and say yes, I am Elv.


your elvaan? and that makes a difference why?

These are Ranger Agility Stats at 75:

Mithra: 78
Tarutaru: 76
Hume: 73
Galka: 70
Elvaan: 67

Lets say that 1 agility point is 0.5 Ranged accuracy.

Based on this that means:
1 AGI/2 = 0.5 Racc

This means:

Mithra: 78 = 39 Racc
Tarutaru: 76 = 38 Racc
Hume: 73 = 36.5 Racc
Galka: 70 = 35 Racc
Elvaan: 67 = 33.5 Racc

Based on this you can see there is not really a significant difference between the ranged accuracy of a mithra compared to that of an elvaan. You are looking at a 5.5 Ranged Accuracy difference at 75. With your AGI being 11 lower.

Ranged accuracy and AGI can be made up for with other gear and indeed food. STR is the biggie when it comes to your overall damage.

So PLEASE. Stop using the whole "im elvaan so my accuracy sucks" argument.

Edited, Nov 9th 2009 8:16pm by Xellith
____________________________
75BLM 75PLD 75RDM 75WAR 75MNK 75NIN 75THF 75SAM 75BRD 75RNG 75DRK 75SMN, 75DRG 75DNC 75WHM 75COR 75BST 75BLU 75PUP 75SCH - # of summoner burns = 0

http://sizedd.freeforums.org/

Quote a few months before the mass salvage banning:
couerlmaster wrote:
And stfu with the banstick, this is hardly traceable and so widespread throughout the EG community there's nothing SE can do w/o banning half the EG community on every server


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0O8qb58bHY
#11 Dec 06 2009 at 1:45 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
In matters where 1 racc means the difference bewtween a hit or miss, then who wins? the player with more racc.
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#12 Dec 06 2009 at 1:47 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
Quote:
Well for one this needs attention because it is subpar. I won't comment any further because I don't think any of the bow rangers like my facts.




Its not that we dont like them, its that we see very different things. you say o.bow parses on par with v.bow + kaburas, i have full merits in archery and marksmanship, and i see huge differences between the 2.
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#13 Dec 06 2009 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
****
7,104 posts
Quote:
In matters where 1 racc means the difference bewtween a hit or miss, then who wins? the player with more racc.

And if all races were exactly the same except for AGI, and if a 0.5% hit rate difference ever mattered, and if the AGI difference weren't negligible in the face of a giant job accuracy bonus and increasing gear improvements, then your comment might have enough weight to matter.

But, as it is, you might as well say, "If the difference in price between two things is a nickel, then who wins? The person with an extra nickel." It's true, but it's also not important.
#14 Dec 06 2009 at 2:34 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Aryden wrote:
In matters where 1 racc means the difference bewtween a hit or miss, then who wins? the player with more racc.
Except it only matters once every ~200 WSs.

Still a tiny difference.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#15 Dec 06 2009 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
****
7,094 posts
Aryden wrote:
Its not that we dont like them, its that we see very different things. you say o.bow parses on par with v.bow + kaburas, i have full merits in archery and marksmanship, and i see huge differences between the 2.

You also see "huge differences" in TP gain between gun and bow (with bow supposedly gaining TP much, much faster), when in reality they are fairly close and gun has a slight advantage.

Your experiences are not really the same as anyone else's.

Edited, Dec 6th 2009 2:09pm by redvenomweb
____________________________
Terraxia - RNG/COR/THF - Midgardsormr/Quetzalcoatl (boxed)
Viper Beam - ARC/CRP - Fabul
#16 Dec 07 2009 at 2:28 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
I didnt say that the gun didnt have a tp/per hit better average than bow, i said that because of delay, they tend to gain tp at the same rate, and several others agreed. Youre the one that just keeps saying over and over again that the gun just outparses the bow SOOOOO much just because of a 20tp per hit gain.
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
#17 Dec 07 2009 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
Hey guys thanks for the answers, I dropped out Vulcans for kriegs/woods or franny and oh nevermind I like the discussions.. please continue
#18 Dec 07 2009 at 6:40 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,094 posts
Aryden wrote:
I didnt say that the gun didnt have a tp/per hit better average than bow, i said that because of delay, they tend to gain tp at the same rate, and several others agreed.

Actually, that's not what you said at all:

Aryden wrote:
Anyone using a gun that is NOT Annihilator OR KC + culverin in a meripo is failing their duties. Sur eyou get ridiculous ws dmg, but... when i meripo, and a rng comes with a gun, i lol at the fact 2-3 mobs have come and gone before he gets a ws off.

Unless you meant that 2-3 mobs come and go before a bow user gets a WS off, too? Seems kind of silly to LOL at someone who is gaining TP at "the same rate" as you are.

Edited, Dec 7th 2009 4:45pm by redvenomweb
____________________________
Terraxia - RNG/COR/THF - Midgardsormr/Quetzalcoatl (boxed)
Viper Beam - ARC/CRP - Fabul
#19 Dec 08 2009 at 4:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
783 posts
Quote:
Actually, that's not what you said at all:


owned
____________________________
Lothiriel on Midgardsormr
90RNG/90NIN/75DRK/90BLM/90SAM/75DNC
Bonecraft 103 (like anyone cares anymore)
#20 Dec 09 2009 at 3:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
you got me, i troll for lulz.
____________________________
Sir CorLeonisX: "Nah, SE will just declare it an exploit to fight him with jobs over 75 since it's not the "proper" way to kill it, and just ban us all instead."

Deadonarrival: "Dart as usual, your post is made of FAIL."
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)