Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The "OFFICIAL" Dark Knight DING! Thread.Follow

#1402 Jun 28 2011 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Finuve wrote:
Raelix wrote:
Started with 2 coins and less than 24 hours later: Penitence +2

Edit: I hate to say this was my most productive day ever, but I went and DRK/MNK tanked Granite Borer and got COR and DNC +1 heads done.
howd you manage that? it took me about a month to get my 30 coins, granted the cap was 80 then, but I am going to go back for great axe and if there is a fast way to get coins id like to know it lol
Coins have a much, much higher drop rate these days. Slimes are also easy to win with the random people there and if you use the right job coughPLDcough, then it's easy to play top 5 and pick up a sack of coins. Only took me a day or two to finish my Torcleaver greatsword for those reasons.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#1403 Jun 28 2011 at 5:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,240 posts
xypin wrote:
Finuve wrote:
Raelix wrote:
Started with 2 coins and less than 24 hours later: Penitence +2

Edit: I hate to say this was my most productive day ever, but I went and DRK/MNK tanked Granite Borer and got COR and DNC +1 heads done.
howd you manage that? it took me about a month to get my 30 coins, granted the cap was 80 then, but I am going to go back for great axe and if there is a fast way to get coins id like to know it lol
Coins have a much, much higher drop rate these days. Slimes are also easy to win with the random people there and if you use the right job coughPLDcough, then it's easy to play top 5 and pick up a sack of coins. Only took me a day or two to finish my Torcleaver greatsword for those reasons.

Ruin and Decay fall like rain like they ever did. The other three are still a *****.

Any job with reraise can pull slimes, but going straight for boss kills is the slowest and stupidest way to get coins, basing everything on the purest luck to get the right pouch on the right person who actually manages to place top 5 to begin with. The only reason I pulled 19 Birth (and 18 Glory, and 10 Decay) all from pouches is because I was able to place top three so consistently and jacked them from the people who actually killed the boss (I still helped, just kept self-preservation in mind). I also threw out a fair dozen Ruin coins but thankfully, for sake of my own rageface, never got a pouch of them.

Still gonna have a hard time getting even just six people to do boss clears for more than two or three runs. You have to solo with plenty of your own time to spare to be sure of progress and take boss runs as just an opportunity. Doing only boss clears is why it will take somebody a month to finish a single weapon.

Edited, Jun 28th 2011 4:09pm by Raelix
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#1404 Jun 28 2011 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
I got a majority of my coins through boss clears and it sounds like the same happened to you, so it's still a viable option. Of course, now that everyone has figured out empy weapon farming, even fewer people are completing WoE weapons these days, making boss clears more difficult with random people.

The reason it took Finuve a month to complete is because WoE was done a lot less regularly and coins never dropped from regular mobs.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#1405 Jun 28 2011 at 6:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,240 posts
xypin wrote:
majority of coins through boss clears

As stated: By being a douchebag and stealing placement from the groups that came in just for clears. Any group I saw come in to do bosses only ever did two runs tops, and it's only because of my specialty and attendance with multiple groups that I saw those pouches at all. Having people stand around for 35 minutes out of an hour after ten minutes knocking people out of afk mode and fifteen minutes clearing the bosses is not conducive to keeping them interested in the action.

We need to make a distinction here:

  • Running with just your own group has an infinitesimal chance of getting you a pouch of the coins you need and is a huge waste of time for too many people at once.

  • Soloing and sneaking in on other groups' boss runs and just placing will get you pouches, though not often exactly what you need, at a decent enough rate because you can get in on far more runs a day. This only works because said groups don't understand the prior point.

  • "You got a lot of coins from boss clears" does not mean boss clears are the best way to get coins. If anything I exploited and cheated those groups who weren't expecting a DRK/DNC to kick so much *** and take and heal so much damage. I was a boss run's worst nightmare. I made the usual PLD/DNC leech look like a nuisance (But I was ten times more useful because I could actually kill something).

    I did see groups coming in for higher tiers (#05 and beyond, saw some standing at the very last one but I don't think it was open), and I paid them respect by not crashing their runs as much as for sake of not knowing what was in them. I would conjecture that a group getting clears and actually advancing up the tiers would find WoE much more worthwhile, since there are neat drops besides coins, but spamming a single conflux does not work well.

    Edited, Jun 28th 2011 5:22pm by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1406 Jun 28 2011 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
    Sage
    ****
    5,684 posts
    Clearing a conflux and placing does not necessarily imply that you are "being a douchebag and stealing placement." Many of the groups I cleared with were simply random people that all entered the same flux.
    ____________________________
    Signature starts here.
    #1407 Jun 28 2011 at 6:43 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    xypin wrote:
    Clearing a conflux and placing does not necessarily imply that you are "being a douchebag and stealing placement." Many of the groups I cleared with were simply random people that all entered the same flux.

    That's a distinction I'm trying to make, because apparently even you didn't do the "get a group together for the expressed purpose of clearing bosses", you jumped in with on-the-spot random pickup groups too. A boss clear is just an opportunity, and a rather poor one for someone not prepared to place Top 5 every time.

    Being a douchebag and stealing placement from groups that came in with that wrong idea is what got me pouches, meaning I totally stiffed at least one person at a time who may have been on an 'organized' run. This is why WoE is LOL and everybody with half a brain (or is stuck on support) hates it.

    In short, if you get a linkshell group together, gathered in Jeuno, troupe out to WoE, enter Flux #02, kill the bosses, and loot the chests: You are doing it wrong.

    It really is like Competitive Campaign actually...

    Edited, Jun 28th 2011 5:43pm by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1408 Jun 29 2011 at 4:59 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    **
    358 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    xypin wrote:
    Clearing a conflux and placing does not necessarily imply that you are "being a douchebag and stealing placement." Many of the groups I cleared with were simply random people that all entered the same flux.

    That's a distinction I'm trying to make, because apparently even you didn't do the "get a group together for the expressed purpose of clearing bosses", you jumped in with on-the-spot random pickup groups too. A boss clear is just an opportunity, and a rather poor one for someone not prepared to place Top 5 every time.

    Being a douchebag and stealing placement from groups that came in with that wrong idea is what got me pouches, meaning I totally stiffed at least one person at a time who may have been on an 'organized' run. This is why WoE is LOL and everybody with half a brain (or is stuck on support) hates it.

    In short, if you get a linkshell group together, gathered in Jeuno, troupe out to WoE, enter Flux #02, kill the bosses, and loot the chests: You are doing it wrong.

    It really is like Competitive Campaign actually...

    Edited, Jun 28th 2011 5:43pm by Raelix


    Actually ppl with half a brain will focus on flux 5 for the simple reason that the wyverns tp move is hp based and has a chance to one shot you, combine that with the fact that there only 8 mobs +boss in the zone and thats its easily winable with 5 ppl and you got a chance at a pouch almost every run(i never got why getting a 1-5 chest doesn t give a 100% chance at a pouch i mean ive scored first place with only a durium ore in it and 5th place with like 3 different pouches)
    ____________________________
    Drk90
    spelunker hat 0/3
    #1409 Jul 21 2011 at 3:48 PM Rating: Good
    13 posts
    Ding 40 drk lol. Got inspired to start the job after I got Nightfall GS and Twilight Scythe in the same day. Got most of the good DD accessories already (atheling mantle, anguinus belt, etc.) but when I think about all the bale seals I've thrown away while partying I almost want to cry =(
    #1410 Aug 31 2011 at 9:06 PM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
    #1411 Aug 31 2011 at 9:44 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Finuve wrote:

    You got past the part that matters. 90% of Redemption DRKs are still stuck at lv85 version.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1412 Sep 01 2011 at 6:16 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    Finuve wrote:

    You got past the part that matters. 90% of Redemption DRKs are still stuck at lv85 version.
    I brewed the whole thing just to speed it up, but Dragua pops are so freaking easy to get once u have lights, AoEing spectators with max lights we were getting 2 KIs per pull
    #1413 Sep 01 2011 at 6:40 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Finuve wrote:
    Raelix wrote:
    Finuve wrote:

    You got past the part that matters. 90% of Redemption DRKs are still stuck at lv85 version.
    I brewed the whole thing just to speed it up, but Dragua pops are so freaking easy to get once u have lights, AoEing spectators with max lights we were getting 2 KIs per pull

    Hence why it's pathetic to be stuck at lv85 version.

    Gonna love when NQ is 50 HKC and HQ is 30+ Tier 3 Voidwatch kills though.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1414 Sep 01 2011 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    Finuve wrote:
    Raelix wrote:
    Finuve wrote:

    You got past the part that matters. 90% of Redemption DRKs are still stuck at lv85 version.
    I brewed the whole thing just to speed it up, but Dragua pops are so freaking easy to get once u have lights, AoEing spectators with max lights we were getting 2 KIs per pull

    Hence why it's pathetic to be stuck at lv85 version.

    Gonna love when NQ is 50 HKC and HQ is 30+ Tier 3 Voidwatch kills though.
    lol, look at the item list in my Pic
    #1415 Sep 03 2011 at 10:36 PM Rating: Decent
    ***
    3,507 posts
    bale cuirass +2, goading belt: O

    griffin claw: O

    Edited, Sep 4th 2011 2:10am by gigasnail
    ____________________________
    Having tenticle addiction issues?
    HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
    shintasama wrote:
    gigasnail wrote:
    if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

    Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

    lolgaxe wrote:
    I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

    His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
    We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
    #1416 Sep 15 2011 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
    Avatar
    2 posts
    #1417 Sep 27 2011 at 6:45 PM Rating: Decent
    5 posts
    hey fellow drk players I just wanted to post here and let you know of my experience since coming back. I started level 1 and leveled fast to 13 from there I got into a mines book burn pt and fell asleep when I woke up I was level 42 and the pt was still going so I thought why not go a lil further. I went to crawlers nest and went 41 to 55 really fast. At that time I was asked to open chests in abyssea and went to 90.... So in about 30 I i went from 1 to 90 on drk. The only problem is with leveling so fast is my weapon skill was only at 98 I i couldn't hit anything. So I have alot of work ahead of me. So my point is yea we can level super fast but you will still have to go back and put in alot of work.

    My question is with leveling so fast how does everyone keep their skill up so you can be a decent DD at lvl 95?

    Thanks in advance
    #1418 Sep 27 2011 at 6:48 PM Rating: Good
    Sage
    ****
    5,684 posts
    I stack regen and pdt-% atmas then fight turtles in Tahrongi with a low damage weapon. This won't cap skills, but it gets me close enough.

    Edited, Sep 27th 2011 9:16pm by xypin
    ____________________________
    Signature starts here.
    #1419 Sep 27 2011 at 8:04 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Fake it by stacking DEX/Accuracy atma and just join exp parts. You maybe need merits anyway.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1420 Sep 27 2011 at 9:28 PM Rating: Decent
    5 posts
    Well being back only about a week I focused on leveling subjobs and getting Sam to 80... Then I got on drk and I love it so much I dont want to play any other job. With the short time I have been in abyssea I have only got atma of the strong arm or something like that and my skill is somewhere around 200. If I use that atma and get all the enhancements + use elshena food do you think I will be able to skill up in a abyssea pt ? I got into one last night and went to solo a worm and was only hitting it for about 200 and 500 with vorpal WS I felt so ashamed and gimp. I just want to hurry and get to where I can be a decent drk out there because it is going to be my main now. Any help with what atmas to use or any info would be really appreciated I have been spending most of my freetime while not ingame reading about drk and learning the class on forums and guides.

    Again thanks for the fast reply and any future help given.
    #1421 Sep 27 2011 at 9:32 PM Rating: Decent
    5 posts
    I'm on my phone or I would edit but just wanted to say I put 2 merits in scythe skill and 2 into the last resort section. So it kinda helps.

    Edited, Sep 27th 2011 11:57pm by Bableubiont
    #1422 Oct 02 2011 at 12:43 PM Rating: Default
    **
    639 posts
    I am not sure if this is the right spot to place it. It is Drk related.


    70/100 L Jades + 2 items obtained today. Path to relic almost complete. Now only if I can borrow 30.

    #1423 Oct 04 2011 at 9:17 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Bale Choker, Atma of the Smoldering Sky.

    And to think I was gonna waste a brew on that... THF+WHM easy kill after proc.

    Edited, Oct 4th 2011 8:17am by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1424 Oct 04 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    Bale Choker, Atma of the Smoldering Sky.

    And to think I was gonna waste a brew on that... THF+WHM easy kill after proc.

    Edited, Oct 4th 2011 8:17am by Raelix
    I think I soloed that on my DNC, if not I duoed it
    #1425 Oct 10 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    >.>

    <.<

    Brutal Earring
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1426 Oct 10 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
    ***
    3,507 posts
    ....lol.
    ____________________________
    Having tenticle addiction issues?
    HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
    shintasama wrote:
    gigasnail wrote:
    if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

    Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

    lolgaxe wrote:
    I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

    His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
    We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
    #1427 Oct 10 2011 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Had to happen when I picked up Bale Choker. Soloed 68 coins in three runs though.


    I like how four out of my five Limbus runs ever have been solo (the other being a failed Ultima run because people think non-Kannagi NIN is a DD).

    Edited, Oct 10th 2011 4:38pm by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1428 Oct 10 2011 at 6:06 PM Rating: Decent
    **
    556 posts
    It isn't? Kanagi is not so big outside abyssea.
    #1429 Oct 10 2011 at 6:32 PM Rating: Decent
    ***
    3,507 posts
    old content you should be ripping **** up, even with NQ ninja. new stuff...lol, yeah, leave them at home.
    ____________________________
    Having tenticle addiction issues?
    HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
    shintasama wrote:
    gigasnail wrote:
    if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

    Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

    lolgaxe wrote:
    I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

    His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
    We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
    #1430 Oct 11 2011 at 12:56 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Pink NINs and blurple BLMs...

    First Citadel Buster, despite me running it off perfectly, they all pansied out and came back one at a time to die.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1431 Oct 11 2011 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    I have two brutal earrings, 1 for each character, a musical earring(which makes a convenient eva earring on DNC now that I stopped playing BRD) and a Loq earring, I also never bought any ABCs, used to do a lot of limbus

    Edited, Oct 11th 2011 8:05am by Finuve
    #1432 Oct 11 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Yeah I pulled 31 coins last solo NW and just bought six more from an LSmate to finish.

    Next I need to hammer out a Boxer's Mantle... I think?
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1433 Oct 11 2011 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    good to know that if I ever need anything else from limbus soloing it is cake
    #1434 Oct 11 2011 at 7:42 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Finuve wrote:
    good to know that if I ever need anything else from limbus soloing it is cake

    Well it was already cake on BLM by Kite/Sleep-nuking. Doing it DRK/DNC probably needs OA2-4 scythe or equivalent if you wanna be safe. You don't kill any bosses though, you just clear all normal mobs but the 1st Ghost floor. 2 coins per Wyvern (10 total) and 5 coins per Behemoth (15 total) is still a nice haul (and really all you have time for if you have to kill 3+ ghosts to get the portal open).

    Edited, Oct 11th 2011 6:44am by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1435 Oct 11 2011 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    Finuve wrote:
    good to know that if I ever need anything else from limbus soloing it is cake

    Well it was already cake on BLM by Kite/Sleep-nuking. Doing it DRK/DNC probably needs OA2-4 scythe or equivalent if you wanna be safe. You don't kill any bosses though, you just clear all normal mobs but the 1st Ghost floor. 2 coins per Wyvern (10 total) and 5 coins per Behemoth (15 total) is still a nice haul (and really all you have time for if you have to kill 3+ ghosts to get the portal open).

    Edited, Oct 11th 2011 6:44am by Raelix
    anything like this I would go DNC/NIN or SAM, and if really feel like being safe then I'll bring my backpack WHM
    #1436 Oct 16 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Not really a DRK ding, but I soloed myself a Joyeuse for lulz.

    I think I'm actually caught up on all the 'classic' shinies except Boxer's mantle.

    Edited, Oct 16th 2011 10:36am by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1437 Dec 17 2011 at 10:47 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Okay let's make this **** official.

    Ding, 99 DRK.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
    #1438 Dec 18 2011 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
    *
    176 posts
    Drk99 now. Working on getting Resolution and skilling up GS. For some reason though having huge issues getting skill ups for it. Lucky to get a single .1 in 30 minutes while fighting correct mobs.
    ____________________________
    Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
    #1439 Dec 18 2011 at 7:45 PM Rating: Decent
    Keeper of the Shroud
    *****
    13,108 posts
    Redding wrote:
    Drk99 now. Working on getting Resolution and skilling up GS. For some reason though having huge issues getting skill ups for it. Lucky to get a single .1 in 30 minutes while fighting correct mobs.


    Actually, that sounds about right for two handed skill ups.
    #1440 Dec 18 2011 at 8:42 PM Rating: Good
    *
    176 posts
    Always seemed faster than that to me for some reason. Then again that could be due to the seven month break I took. I'll just have to tough it out I guess for the time being. More turtles to the skill up gods such as they are.
    ____________________________
    Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
    #1441 Dec 18 2011 at 9:08 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    /MNK, RR/GH/RL, join any abyssea run and skill the crap out of any weapon (even if you have to grab your own mob now and then).
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1442 Dec 18 2011 at 10:43 PM Rating: Good
    *
    176 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    /MNK, RR/GH/RL, join any abyssea run and skill the crap out of any weapon (even if you have to grab your own mob now and then).


    Been thinking of trying this just need to get RL first. That /mnk with counter stance up?
    ____________________________
    Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
    #1443 Dec 18 2011 at 11:05 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,451 posts
    99 DRK, 5/5 Resolution and 2/5 Entropy. Oh and got a Gram GS.

    Resolution seems good so far. 3-5k in Abyssea and 2k spiking up to 3k on Voidwatch mobs. I just came back from a 3-4 month break from FFXI so I'm not sure what's considered good damage on mobs like Hahava or Celeano.

    The biggest problem so far is missing a hit or two because GS isn't capped. I haven't used GS daily in years.
    #1444 Dec 19 2011 at 12:45 AM Rating: Decent
    ***
    3,507 posts
    retired. beat the game. <3
    ____________________________
    Having tenticle addiction issues?
    HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
    shintasama wrote:
    gigasnail wrote:
    if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

    Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

    lolgaxe wrote:
    I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

    His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
    We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
    #1445 Dec 27 2011 at 7:06 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Soil Gorget and Soil Belt for Resolution and Entropy. Just Sanguine Blade brewed the stupid cactuar because I had 200k cruor to blow.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1446 Jan 04 2012 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,451 posts
    Appetence Crown and Tyrant's Ring: O
    #1447 Jan 04 2012 at 7:27 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Dammit Hex! This isn't the DRK Club!


    Ding post follows: 5/5 Resolution, 4/5 Entropy.

    Edited, Jan 4th 2012 5:28pm by Raelix
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    #1448 Jan 05 2012 at 12:01 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,451 posts
    Raelix wrote:
    Dammit Hex! This isn't the DRK Club!


    Ding post follows: 5/5 Resolution, 4/5 Entropy.

    Edited, Jan 4th 2012 5:28pm by Raelix


    I tried posting in that thread and didn't understand wtf was going on so I backed out slowly.

    5/5 Entropy seems better than Guillotine and Quietus. Which would be awesome if 5/5 Resolution wasn't even better than that. :/

    Ah well at least we have a competitive WS again.
    #1449 Jan 05 2012 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    785 posts
    Hexagram wrote:
    Raelix wrote:
    Dammit Hex! This isn't the DRK Club!


    Ding post follows: 5/5 Resolution, 4/5 Entropy.

    Edited, Jan 4th 2012 5:28pm by Raelix


    I tried posting in that thread and didn't understand wtf was going on so I backed out slowly.

    5/5 Entropy seems better than Guillotine and Quietus. Which would be awesome if 5/5 Resolution wasn't even better than that. :/

    Ah well at least we have a competitive WS again.

    I dont see Entropy beating quietus (Guillotine never did despite some claims) even with an INT build and belt/gorget

    maybe in abyss and low level mobs

    resolution however...
    #1450 Jan 05 2012 at 10:28 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,451 posts
    Finuve wrote:

    I dont see Entropy beating quietus (Guillotine never did despite some claims) even with an INT build and belt/gorget

    maybe in abyss and low level mobs

    resolution however...


    I haven't compared Entropy/Quietus on anything beefy due to having Resolution. So you may be right. Kinda irrelevant though considering both scythe WSs are #2 and #3 behind GS.
    #1451 Jan 05 2012 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ****
    6,240 posts
    Finuve wrote:
    I dont see Entropy beating quietus (Guillotine never did despite some claims) even with an INT build and belt/gorget

    My rather weak sets, same 133 damage weapon:

    Quietus
    138 STR, 70 MND.
    133+14+8+46+23 = 224 base damage, 3.0 fTP (3.3-4.5 if you really wanna consider attack bonus)

    Entropy with Soil/Soil
    94 INT (seriously, only +9 INT. I gotta find some new junk...) 5/5
    133+14+8+79 = 234 base damage, 3.8-4.55 fTP

    So even with a penalty to fSTR from not being in a full STR set, Entropy will still match in base damage with a superior fTP.

    If I had Twilight pieces, they would benefit Entropy more, 4+4<10.
    ____________________________
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

    Nilatai wrote:
    Vlorsutes wrote:
    There's always...not trolling him?

    You're new here, aren't you?
    Reply To Thread

    Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

     

    Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CDT
    Anonymous Guests (21)