With the recent threads deserving a sticky, i would like to construct a thread filled with many guides and useful links to keep things accessible without the flood of sticky's on the front page of our forum.
before i get into the copy/paste. i would like to make my own small guide within this page. reason is, we're lacking general DRK guides.
Dark Knight is an advanced job. Meaning you must have a level 30 job or higher in order to do the quest in order to be a DRK.
I suggest you get a good feel about the role of a DRK before you actually be one with the beginning jobs such as warrior, thief, and black mage.
We use long delay weapons and deal damage like a Warrior.
We unleash powerful weapon skills in a short period of time with sneak attack+WS like a Thief.
We use black magic to deal extra damage and debuff like a Black mage.
You can say DRK is all 3 jobs in 1. level atleast 1 of those jobs to atleast 30, and your knowledge on DRK's role in a PT will be greater so you wont feel too much of a newb, and becoming a very successful DRK.
If you have warrior up to atleast 30, PLEASE try and level Scythe, Great Sword, and Great Axe in your spare time. You'll prepare your DRK and offering party more skillchain possibilities. this will no doubt improves your PT invites and performance.
Great Sword: Power Slash opens Distortion for Thieves a lot earlier than Vorpal Scythe.
Great Axe: Sturmwind owns. if you're a WAR using Great Axe, you know what i mean!
Scythe: Our A+ Weapon. scythe WS isnt the best compared to the 2 weapons mentioned above for damage in early levels but the WS from 60+ is very rewarding.
Use Drain and Aspir frequently. Drain does good damage and you can get back MP with aspir if you use it on a target that have MP. crabs and worms are excellent examples. you'll be fighting these a lot, and you even fight them in popular XP spots early on such as Valkurm Dunes,Korroloka Tunnle(sp?), and Qufim Island.
By using them as early as much as possible, you're keeping your Dark Magic capped before you actually get absorb spells. absorb spells is what makes DRK unique. no other melee job can help the entire party work more effectively by absorbing the enemy's stats.
Cooking is a great craft to pick up for DRK. it is a very cheap craft to skill up, yet very very helpful. you can make juice for your party, cook your own meat dishes, and save money just by making your own food/drink!
ok i think thats all i got to say, on with the links!!!
1. Dark Knight Guide covering many aspects of this job by Orikenus Quick Hands.
2. Useful Dark Knight macros.
3. DRK mentors on server by Mozyr.
1. Guide to solo rank 3 Dragon as a Dark Knight by Kelve.
2. A Guide to Dark Knight soloing by Deadsider.
3. Charging Shield guide by Ilean.
4. AF+1 Guide by xXMalevolentXx. NEW!
1. Dark Knight Artifact Armor Guide by Dracosavarian.
2. Dark Knight equipment guide from level 1-75 by Spicynoodle.
3. Crossbows, good or bad?
4. Dark Knight Weapon Skill Damage Modifiers by Caj.
5. New DRK equipment from October patch by Spicynoodle.
1. Subjob FAQ by SirLavitzgamer.
2. The ultimate DRK subjob guide by Lordus.
1. The power of Sole sushi!
2. Tips on helpful foods/drinks for DRK by Errors.
1. Enhance Souleater research by Shihli.
2. Souleater 101 by emilyia.
3. SATA+WS questions and answers.
1. Aspir scroll, how do i get enough fame?
2. FAQ regarding Absorb Spells.
3. Saboruto's guide to getting fast, cheap, easy fame. By Saboruto.
4. DRK/BLM spells by shetanta. NEW!
1. Wondering where to skill up? Look here!
2. Skill up guide by Freewindbahamut.
3. Skill cap chart. Tells you the cap of each skill of every job.
1. Spiral hell walkthrough by Spicynoodle.
2. Ground Strike walkthrough by Spicynoodle.
1. Genkai 5. Guide to defeat the old man.
2. Is defeating Maat at level 66 possible?
3. Ilean's video of his Maat fight NEW!
1. Alvehyanna's skillchain chart
2. Aden's skillchain chart 3.2
3. DranoK's skillchain calculator
Other useful links
1. Maps of every zone in Vana'Diel
2. Info on every WS quests
3. Pictures of every race/gender with RSE and AF1-2
4. Mystery Tour. Sorta the japanese Allakhazam without the forums and rate down trolls.
5. You wanna learn japanese? Go here for some simple phrases^^
6. Treasure Map to make your coffer/chest finding a lot easier!
1. FFXI shooting game. try it out when you have nothing to do while seeking PT^^
2. DRK drawings :P
feel free to correct any mistakes or if you would like to request a link to be in this list. big thanks for all the people who contributed useful information for this forum!
edit: changed some titles of links.
edit: added Ground Strike guide and FFXI atlas to links.
edit: added DRK mentors on server, and Charging Shield guide.
edit: added Ilean's maat video.
edit: added AF+1 guide.
edit: added drk/blm spells~
Edited, Thu Mar 17 12:31:04 2005 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Sun Mar 20 21:24:14 2005 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Sat Apr 30 08:44:43 2005 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Fri Jun 24 11:39:34 2005 by Kaolian
Edited, Sat Oct 15 05:21:05 2005 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Sat Oct 15 19:27:36 2005 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Fri Jan 20 05:18:37 2006 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Thu Feb 9 11:05:30 2006 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Thu Feb 9 11:06:11 2006 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Thu Feb 9 11:06:24 2006 by SpicyNoodle
Edited, Fri Mar 3 11:30:41 2006 by SpicyNoodle