I haven't played in about a year and a half, and I know the game has changed. I'll try to keep my questions short and to the point, but the answers can be as concise or as detailed as you guys feel is necessary. I did ask a few friends, but I'm not sure if any of them play PLD, so I wanted to go straight to the guys & gals who play the job.
1. EXP first, or merits first? I'm guessing the stat boosts will outweigh whatever I get from merits, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can merit that will help me gain that EXP. Please note that I did have capped shield merits when I quit, and I believe I was 3/8 on sword. Also had one each in Chivalry/Fealty/Guardian.
2. What subjobs do I need now? WAR was early 40's, NIN/SAM/DNC were all 37. I'll probably level them all to 50 (I like round numbers) in preparation for the cap going up to 99. I'd just like to know which would be the most useful.
3. What gear should I be working towards? Basically, is the new Creed set worth getting? What should I have until then? How about sword & shield?
4. Should I bother skilling up other weapons? When I quit, I had staff skill around 240, club was over 200, and great sword was about 180. Would it be worth capping these to increase my versatility?
5. What about food? I used to love me some Tavnazian tacos. However, I've been hearing that MNK is the new tank for Abyssea, so I'm wondering if I should just concentrate on DD food instead.
Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to maybe run into a few of you on Lakshmi when I come back in early June.