Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

pole warFollow

#1 Apr 26 2010 at 10:17 PM Rating: Default
so i was curious about penta build on war i have 8/8 pole merits and 0/8 GA as i lvl'd war because i have ares and cuz its fairly useful in salvage....but anywho...this is a polearm build question for bird camp.....on sam i generally lean towards attk then stack str then dex and use sushi....but theres a few differences gear wise....war can heca sam cant sam can get 20 attk from gloves and 7 acc/attk from feet and war cant....and war can wear ares and sam cant.....which all of that is obvious anyways.....this is my gear tp and penta....plz tell me wut to change etc to get the most outta penta build

tp
engetsuto/pole/x/bomblet
askar/pcc/minuet/brutal
hauby+1/dusk/iota/rajas
cuch/swift/byakkos/aurum

penta
engetsuro(+6 WS acc evolith)/pole/x/bomblet
heca/gorget/aesir(+7attk)/brutal
hauby +1/heca/flame/rajas
cerb+1/virtuoso/heca/heca

i was thinkin bout maybe goin attk heavy and trying sushi since the above build ive always used meat with and acc is 90% or so...something like:

x/x/x/bomb core
ares/gorget/aesir/brutal
ares/relic/flame/rajas
cerb+1/virtuoso/heca/aurum

anyways sry for rambling.....tired and wanted to get this posted b4 i sleep so ill have some responses in the mornin....thanks in advance!
#2 Apr 27 2010 at 9:20 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
...ellipsis...
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Apr 28 2010 at 12:29 AM Rating: Default
ok theres one helpless post....now how bout some1 who actually has some advice on my gear? ^^
#4 Apr 28 2010 at 1:02 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Use a Great Axe...
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#5 Apr 28 2010 at 1:24 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Use a Great Axe...
This, I'm afraid. Swapping to polearm lowers your Accuracy, lowers your Attack, lowers your weapon's base damage, kills your 6-hit, and if I'm honest with you, turns you into a wannabe-SAM.

It can work, but Great Axe should be a safer bet.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#6 Apr 28 2010 at 2:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
if you need the ACC to TP in, you need it for WS. that's all i have.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#7 Apr 28 2010 at 4:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
211 posts
It's possible to still retain a 6 hit build as /SAM with a 480 delay weapon. Just need to gear yourself a little differently.

Example:

Engetsuto
Ecphoria Ring
Attila's Earring
Rose Strap
Rajas Ring
Brutal Earring
Chivalrous Chain

It's actually not that hard to pull off 90-93% accy with ~26 in accy gear,~26 dex from gear, and crab sushi. For birds anyways. >_<"

Even so...I would probably still go Great axe and eat attack food. >_>"
#8 Apr 28 2010 at 6:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
If well geared, its better on birds.
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#9 Apr 28 2010 at 6:49 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.
Agreed, but until sufficiently well geared, surely Great Axe is just safer.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#10 Apr 28 2010 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
**
879 posts
Lucinus wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.
Agreed, but until sufficiently well geared, surely Great Axe is just safer better.


Fixed for you.

Until your polearm build is *very* well geared, Greataxe is better.

Warrior does not capitalize on the polearm bonuses the way Samurai does - We already have a strong multi-hit WS, and dont generate that much tp to spam WSes wich are the strongest point of polearms.
____________________________
Khory

TybudX wrote:
The hardest part of this game is finding 5-17 other people who aren't retarded.
#11 Apr 28 2010 at 12:12 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.

Unless you're just super bored with the game, why pretend to be the -1 version of another job?
____________________________
Carbuncle


#12 Apr 28 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Decent
ok apparently all u close minded people r missing something in my post.....as i have said.....i AM well geared for polearm....i have 8/8 merit......i have no GA merits....i am looking at how to improve my POLEARM build.....if i wanted to be told GA was always better i woulda asked if i should use it over pole....but i didnt.....ive outparsed drg after sam after drg as a pole war....yes i use GA at mamools.....but again this post is about my pole build....so how bout 1 post that relates to a sufficient penta thrust build plz....thanks..
#13 Apr 28 2010 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
.....
.....
....
......
....
.....
....
.....
....
.....
....
....
..
You use these too f*cking much. It's annoying to read. Type like a normal human being.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#14 Apr 28 2010 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
**
571 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
Ok, apparently all of you close minded people are missing something in my post. As I have said, I AM well geared for polearm. I have 8/8 merit and no GA merits. I am looking at how to improve my POLEARM build. If I wanted to be told GA was always better, I would have asked if I should use it over pole, but I didn't. I've outparsed drg after sam after drg as a pole war. Yes, I use GA at mamools but, again, this post is about my pole build. So how bout 1 post that relates to a sufficient penta thrust build please. Thanks.


FTFY.

Ellipses are fine. Do not overuse them.

Edited, Apr 28th 2010 3:16pm by XxHigetsuxX
#15 Apr 28 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
bsphil wrote:
BiggHowie wrote:
.....
.....
....
......
....
.....
....
.....
....
.....
....
....
..
You use these too f*cking much. It's annoying to read. Type like a normal human being.
This. Overusing ellipses makes you look like a petulant twelve-year-old.

Edited, Apr 28th 2010 4:28pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#16 Apr 28 2010 at 2:28 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
ok apparently all u close minded people r missing something in my post.....as i have said.....i AM well geared for polearm....i have 8/8 merit......i have no GA merits....i am looking at how to improve my POLEARM build.....if i wanted to be told GA was always better i woulda asked if i should use it over pole....but i didnt.....ive outparsed drg after sam after drg as a pole war....yes i use GA at mamools.....but again this post is about my pole build....so how bout 1 post that relates to a sufficient penta thrust build plz....thanks..


Get an ebody?
____________________________
Carbuncle


#17 Apr 28 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,107 posts
Quote:
i was thinkin bout maybe goin attk heavy and trying sushi since the above build ive always used meat with and acc is 90% or so...something like:


The TP gear you listed puts you around ~88% accuracy with a 7 hit. While I get you don't want to use great axe you at least need to figure out how you would match a 6 hit build with 95% accuracy capable of eating meat.

If you used a rose strap and got hit once or had a 4/5 penta return you could get a 6 hit. Chiv chain or e. ring would help ensure that.

Also...I think your WS set actually has less accuracy...than your TP set...so you might want to change that...cause WSing in below 85% accuracy is very silly...especially when your TP set has more accuracy.

Honestly never been impressed by a weapon that sacrifices ~10% base damage, ***** up your 6-hit build, and has 20-54 less skill just for that 25% piercing bonus. Especially when it puts you in food limbo where you're not low enough accuracy to really use sushi, but too low for meat.
____________________________
80 Pup Brd, 75 War Rdm Drg Sam Mnk Pld Bst Thf Whm Nin Smn Blm Rng, 72 Drk, 63 Cor, 50 Blu, 40 Dnc Sch
#18 Apr 28 2010 at 5:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.

Unless you're just super bored with the game, why pretend to be the -1 version of another job?


My WAR and DRG are 75.

As war, this gear(w/ squid vs birds): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Flame
Forgagers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum


Beats this(w/ meat vs birds): Perdu/Pole/bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Ulthalum
Foragers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum

Both of these beat my DRG, who is missing Homam legs, but otherwise fully geared.
How do I know this?

I've run the numbers on paper and parsed them in practice. Pole war is no -1 to DRG.

Edited, Apr 28th 2010 6:13pm by doctorugh
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#19 Apr 28 2010 at 11:37 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
doctorugh wrote:
My WAR and DRG are 75.

As war, this gear(w/ squid vs birds): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore 
                                      Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal 
                                      Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Flame 
                                      Forgagers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum
(lern2codetags)

Interesting, because I have WAR and DRG at 75 as well, and my DRG obliterates my polearm WAR at birds. Only primary difference would be that I have a PCC not a chiv chain, but a NQ hauby. The only job that comes close to my DRG now is my PUP because of the PUPdate, which imo says quite a bit (to me, at least).

Edited, Apr 29th 2010 12:38am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#20 Apr 28 2010 at 11:47 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
ok apparently all u close minded people r missing something in my post.....as i have said.....i AM well geared for polearm....i have 8/8 merit......i have no GA merits....i am looking at how to improve my POLEARM build.....if i wanted to be told GA was always better i woulda asked if i should use it over pole....but i didnt.....ive outparsed drg after sam after drg as a pole war....yes i use GA at mamools.....but again this post is about my pole build....so how bout 1 post that relates to a sufficient penta thrust build plz....thanks..


shut up.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#21 Apr 29 2010 at 1:22 AM Rating: Default
lol really its kinda funny how far off a topic people can get....u badger the way i type like this is a **** english paper...i mean really who cares...if u dont like it...then dont read my post.....if u dont have advice on the questions i ask....dont post.....im not saying it will be better than my drg cuz it want....but it is pretty solid so if u think ur war or sam can outparse mine with a pole....be my guest to try....im on bismarck....my name is mooze....im sure some1 could step up.....and ty for the few people that actually gave useful info =)



Edited, Apr 29th 2010 3:27am by BiggHowie
#22 Apr 29 2010 at 2:52 AM Rating: Good
***
2,285 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
lol really its kinda funny how far off a topic people can get....u badger the way i type like this is a **** english paper...i mean really who cares...if u dont like it...then dont read my post.....if u dont have advice on the questions i ask....dont post.....im not saying it will be better than my drg cuz it want....but it is pretty solid so if u think ur war or sam can outparse mine with a pole....be my guest to try....im on bismarck....my name is mooze....im sure some1 could step up.....and ty for the few people that actually gave useful info =)


Lots of stuff, lots of periods. Needs more Gaxe. Polearm WAR on Colibri is moot if you have DRG leveled. Drop the RDM|WHM in the PT, go DRG/mage, get a HB gearset and win.

Honestly, your gear looks great for Polearm, although my Gaxe point still stands.

Also, am I the only one in the world who thinks that Iota is a total piece of shit and a waste of Ichor unless you have absolutely everything else that you could ever want from Einherjar? Even then, I'd only get an Iota to show off on my mannequin (get it?! cuz you can't see rings!)

____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#23 Apr 29 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,918 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.


A proper war pole build can smash the **** out of gaxe or dragoon on things like a DL zerg. I know that wasn't the point of your post but I thought I'd just mention.
____________________________
Playing XIV and XI, Oh yeah.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?198103
Thris the WARRIOR.

Apessius wrote:
Apessius>> (Experience Points) is such a cockblocker.

Square Enix actually wrote:
Comfortable, fuss-free adventuring for all players is one of our biggest priorities.
#24 Apr 29 2010 at 9:50 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Strai wrote:
TheBarrister wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.


A proper war pole build can smash the sh*t out of gaxe or dragoon on things like a DL zerg. I know that wasn't the point of your post but I thought I'd just mention.


let's see some math for this... on the face of it, your claim is obviously false. not parses, but reasoning/math please. SAM polearm zerg maybe, but not WAR. given that RR > penta, GA base damage > polearm, and drakesbane > penta, i don't see how in the world your claim could be true, but of course i might be overlooking something.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#25 Apr 29 2010 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,067 posts
Quote:
A proper war pole build can smash the sh*t out of gaxe or dragoon on things like a DL zerg. I know that wasn't the point of your post but I thought I'd just mention.


LOL thats rich.
#26 Apr 29 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
*****
15,264 posts
Thread wrote:
Question about viablity of Polearm
Told Great Axe is generally better
YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL CLOSED MINDED, OMFG ELIPSES!

Seriously, what the f*ck is with people going off because they get told something they don't want to hear? Get the f*ck over it and use a Great Axe. If you want to use a Polearm level DRG.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#27 Apr 29 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,067 posts
Quote:
Seriously, what the f*ck is with people going off because they get told something they don't want to hear? Get the f*ck over it and use a Great Axe. If you want to use a Polearm level DRG.


i think its because war is supposed to be the master of all weapons but, due to game mechanics, they end up just being good at one (great axe), just like all the other jobs. not to say war can't put up good numbers with other weapon types, just that they get the best numbers with their best weapon. since wars job is to do the most dmg possible, the most logical thing to do would be use their best weapon.

the same people who get mad when asking which weapon to use are also usually the type who get mad when people say rdms should stay a back line job and not try to melee. its not that rdm can't melee, its that it is a support role and gets the most utility when using its support abilities and spells.
#28 Apr 29 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,918 posts
milich wrote:
but of course i might be overlooking something.


You're overlooking Mighty Strikes. Penta isn't meant to crit. War can do 2.3k Pentas on DL with a 6 hit pole every ws.
____________________________
Playing XIV and XI, Oh yeah.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?198103
Thris the WARRIOR.

Apessius wrote:
Apessius>> (Experience Points) is such a cockblocker.

Square Enix actually wrote:
Comfortable, fuss-free adventuring for all players is one of our biggest priorities.
#29 Apr 29 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
milich wrote:
Strai wrote:
TheBarrister wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.


A proper war pole build can smash the sh*t out of gaxe or dragoon on things like a DL zerg. I know that wasn't the point of your post but I thought I'd just mention.


let's see some math for this... on the face of it, your claim is obviously false. not parses, but reasoning/math please. SAM polearm zerg maybe, but not WAR. given that RR > penta, GA base damage > polearm, and drakesbane > penta, i don't see how in the world your claim could be true, but of course i might be overlooking something.


It's not a smash the sh*t out of Gaxe, but it is better for me.

For the numbers of it, I'll have to use me as a basis (Galka, crit 4/4, STR merits, pole 4/8, Gaxe 8/8, Zerk merits 5/5, DA merits 5/5 vs 81.5 birds (67 VIT,324.5 def w/ -0.325 lvl correction)
Haste,H.Samba,Marchx2,Hasso,Dia2 (def 293 avg) (I'm leaving off warcry from all setups, cuz it matters very little if I leave off of both sets)

Pole TP(squid): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5(hasso)+23 = 108 (D=11)
DEX 68+6(squid)+29 = 103 (Crit = 14%+6%Gondo=20%)
Att 248(skill)+8(base)+10(trait)+81(STR)+44(eq)= 391 (488)
Acc 243(skill)+10(hasso)+77(DEX)+28(eq) = 358x1.16(squid) = 415 (cap at 407)
Adjusted Hit rate including 25% zanshin = 96.1875%
Avg Ratio (zerk down, 20% crit) = 1.209
Avg Ratio (Zerk up, 20% crit) = 1.541
Adjusted Ratio for 72% Zerk up/28% down = 1.448

Avg TP Damage per WS round: 1.448 x 1.25(p) x (85+11) = 173.73 x 5 hits to WS = 868.63

Pole WS(penta w/squid): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore
Aurum/K.bead/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Alky/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Warwolf/B.Hiadate/Rutter

STR 80+5+46= 131 (D=17, 20% STR mod = 21)
DEX 68+6+29= 103 (20% DEX MOD = 16)
Att 248+8+10+98+48 = 412 (515 zerk)
Avg Ratio (zerkup/zerkdown) = 1.3342
Avg WS damage (includes 20% DA for first 2 hits): 5.44x1.3342x1.25(p)x0.95(acc) (85+17+21+16)= 1198.03

WS/melee round time(74%haste): (480/60)/0.9618(acc)/1.2(DA) x (284/1024)(haste) x 5(hits per round) +2 (ws animation) = 11.61 Seconds/Round

Damage per second (868.63+1198.03)/11.61 = 178.01

Perdu TP (meat mith): Perdu/Pole/Bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Uthalum
Foragers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5(meat)+5(hasso)+18 = 108 (D=11)
DEX 68+29 = 97 (Crit 12%)
ACC 282(skill)+10(hasso)+72(dex)+37(gear)= 401
Adjusted hit rate(includes aggr/zanshin/both levels of birds)= 95.73%
Att 292+8+10+81+58 = 449(+60good) (561+60 zerk+food)
Ratio (zerkdown,12% crit) = 1.532
Ratio (Zerkup,12% crit) = 1.914
Adjusted Ratio (zerkup/down) = 1.807
Avg melee damage per WS round: 1.807(96+11) = 193.4 x 5(hits) = 966.9

Perdu WS(KJ+meat): Perdu/Pole/Bombcore
Aurum/Soil/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Alky/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Warwolf/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5+5+39 = 129 (D=16, 50% str mod = 53)
DEX 68+28=96
Acc 282+10+72+39 = 403 (94.6% adjusted for bird levels)
Att 292+8+10+96+58 = 464(+60) (580+60zerk)
Adjusted Ratio (zerkup/down) = 1.748
Avg WS damage(includes soil and 22% DA for first 2hits): 1.78 x 0.946(acc)x 3.54 (96+16+53) = 983.6

Time per melee/WS round: (504/60)/0.9573(acc)/1.22(DA) x (284/1024)haste x 5(hits per WS) +2 (WS animation) = 11.97s

Damage per second (983.6+966.9)/11.97 = 162.94


So thats what I come up with. I'm sure some tweaking could put perdu ahead, but this is the gear I have to work with. So about 9% better for Gondo over Perdu for me.

Sorry if it looks messy; I didnt do well in art class.







Edited, Apr 29th 2010 9:06pm by doctorugh
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#30 Apr 30 2010 at 7:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
doctorugh wrote:
milich wrote:
Strai wrote:
TheBarrister wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
If well geared, its better on birds.


At which point you should probably have just leveled Dragoon.


A proper war pole build can smash the sh*t out of gaxe or dragoon on things like a DL zerg. I know that wasn't the point of your post but I thought I'd just mention.


let's see some math for this... on the face of it, your claim is obviously false. not parses, but reasoning/math please. SAM polearm zerg maybe, but not WAR. given that RR > penta, GA base damage > polearm, and drakesbane > penta, i don't see how in the world your claim could be true, but of course i might be overlooking something.


It's not a smash the sh*t out of Gaxe, but it is better for me.

For the numbers of it, I'll have to use me as a basis (Galka, crit 4/4, STR merits, pole 4/8, Gaxe 8/8, Zerk merits 5/5, DA merits 5/5 vs 81.5 birds (67 VIT,324.5 def w/ -0.325 lvl correction)
Haste,H.Samba,Marchx2,Hasso,Dia2 (def 293 avg) (I'm leaving off warcry from all setups, cuz it matters very little if I leave off of both sets)

Pole TP(squid): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5(hasso)+23 = 108 (D=11)
DEX 68+6(squid)+29 = 103 (Crit = 14%+6%Gondo=20%)
Att 248(skill)+8(base)+10(trait)+81(STR)+44(eq)= 391 (488)
Acc 243(skill)+10(hasso)+77(DEX)+28(eq) = 358x1.16(squid) = 415 (cap at 407)
Adjusted Hit rate including 25% zanshin = 96.1875%
Avg Ratio (zerk down, 20% crit) = 1.209
Avg Ratio (Zerk up, 20% crit) = 1.541
Adjusted Ratio for 72% Zerk up/28% down = 1.448

Avg TP Damage per WS round: 1.448 x 1.25(p) x (85+11) = 173.73 x 5 hits to WS = 868.63

Pole WS(penta w/squid): Gondo/Rose/Bombcore
Aurum/K.bead/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Alky/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Warwolf/B.Hiadate/Rutter

STR 80+5+46= 131 (D=17, 20% STR mod = 21)
DEX 68+6+29= 103 (20% DEX MOD = 16)
Att 248+8+10+98+48 = 412 (515 zerk)
Avg Ratio (zerkup/zerkdown) = 1.3342
Avg WS damage (includes 20% DA for first 2 hits): 5.44x1.3342x1.25(p)x0.95(acc) (85+17+21+16)= 1198.03

WS/melee round time(74%haste): (480/60)/0.9618(acc)/1.2(DA) x (284/1024)(haste) x 5(hits per round) +2 (ws animation) = 11.61 Seconds/Round

Damage per second (868.63+1198.03)/11.61 = 178.01

Perdu TP (meat mith): Perdu/Pole/Bombcore
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Dusk/Rajas/Uthalum
Foragers/Swift/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5(meat)+5(hasso)+18 = 108 (D=11)
DEX 68+29 = 97 (Crit 12%)
ACC 282(skill)+10(hasso)+72(dex)+37(gear)= 401
Adjusted hit rate(includes aggr/zanshin/both levels of birds)= 95.73%
Att 292+8+10+81+58 = 449(+60good) (561+60 zerk+food)
Ratio (zerkdown,12% crit) = 1.532
Ratio (Zerkup,12% crit) = 1.914
Adjusted Ratio (zerkup/down) = 1.807
Avg melee damage per WS round: 1.807(96+11) = 193.4 x 5(hits) = 966.9

Perdu WS(KJ+meat): Perdu/Pole/Bombcore
Aurum/Soil/Fowling/Brutal
Hauberk+1/Alky/Rajas/Flame
Foragers/Warwolf/B.Hiadate/Aurum

STR 80+5+5+39 = 129 (D=16, 50% str mod = 53)
DEX 68+28=96
Acc 282+10+72+39 = 403 (94.6% adjusted for bird levels)
Att 292+8+10+96+58 = 464(+60) (580+60zerk)
Adjusted Ratio (zerkup/down) = 1.748
Avg WS damage(includes soil and 22% DA for first 2hits): 1.78 x 0.946(acc)x 3.54 (96+16+53) = 983.6

Time per melee/WS round: (504/60)/0.9573(acc)/1.22(DA) x (284/1024)haste x 5(hits per WS) +2 (WS animation) = 11.97s

Damage per second (983.6+966.9)/11.97 = 162.94


So thats what I come up with. I'm sure some tweaking could put perdu ahead, but this is the gear I have to work with. So about 9% better for Gondo over Perdu for me.

Sorry if it looks messy; I didnt do well in art class.







Edited, Apr 29th 2010 9:06pm by doctorugh


hey, that doesn't look like math for a DL zerg.

---

edit: in light of this topic, i was looking at penta and GA WSs on wiki. the penta page mentions the first hit of penta having an ATT penalty. i'm not thinking too hard about the data the person posted to support their theory, but it looks decent.

i wonder if SE implemented the ratio/cRatio/pDIF (whatever it is) bonuses on single hit WSs during the same update they raised the fTP of penta to 1.0 (i'm remember correctly that that happened, yes?). it would make sense that some WS unfortunately get a negative multiplier. any thoughts on this math/test people?

Edited, Apr 30th 2010 9:47pm by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#31 Apr 30 2010 at 10:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Quote:
hey, that doesn't look like math for a DL zerg.


Aw, I thought you were refering to my comment on birds....oh well, wasted math....
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#32 May 01 2010 at 1:18 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
im on bismarck
God f*cking damnit.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#33 May 02 2010 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
***
2,285 posts
bsphil wrote:
BiggHowie wrote:
im on bismarck
God f*cking damnit.


Lmao, why'd you come here again?
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#34 May 02 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
not really my choice. not paying 30 bucks to find another server. and again, if ur so confident and sh*t since ur on the same server since GA just destroys pole arm merit with me so i can parse and compare! ^^

oh, let me fix my post so u wont emo /wrist bout something that has no relevance



Edited, May 2nd 2010 3:07pm by BiggHowie
#35 May 02 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Quote:
in light of this topic, i was looking at penta and GA WSs on wiki. the penta page mentions the first hit of penta having an ATT penalty


This is fairly interesting. I have anecdotally noticed lesser damage on Penta than the numbers I put above would indicate. Looking at some parses I've got on this, it might be as much as 20%.
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#36 May 02 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BiggHowie wrote:
and again, if ur so confident and sh*t since ur on the same server since GA just destroys pole arm merit with me so i can parse and compare!
No.

Mainly because I don't think that GA still kills polearm at birds, though. I just found the way you attempt to communicate incredibly annoying to read. Though I'm biased towards WAR polearm, as DRG is my main I have 8/8 polearm merits and no g.axe merits.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#37 May 02 2010 at 1:12 PM Rating: Default
even with this attk penalty the last bird pt i parsed i had a penta avg of 1200+ and something like 90% acc using meat and completely destroyed a full usu pole sam and a GA war. my GA avg is nowhere remotely close to that

Edited, May 2nd 2010 3:13pm by BiggHowie
#38 May 03 2010 at 4:33 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#39 May 03 2010 at 5:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Quote:
full usu pole sam


____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#40 May 03 2010 at 7:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,107 posts
But dude obviously using full usu on sam is a good idea. You get 5% extra haste! Who needs turban, haidate, or dusk gloves (+1).


Honestly half the comparisons being talked about can be completely negated by someone being more ambivalent about their engage time or WSing. My pup used to out parse most people before the latest update just because I promptly engaged and aligned myself, not that I was necessarily dealing more damage per round. Caring about the parse will essentially give you a 30% damage increase just from attitude.

Also note that a polearm war using sushi gains essentially no benefit from aggressor since they are basically capped in basic gear (haidate, swift, rajas, aurum), whereas a GA war could swap to askar, flame ring, attack earring, bomb core etc etc.

Polearm can work well, but I am finding it hard to believe that a weapon with ~100 less attack (skill/food) and ~11% less base damage would be hitting for nearly as hard as a GA with only 25% piercing bonus. It seems far more likely that silly choices like ulthalam's ring and fowling earring with no listed aggressor sets, along with a desire for polearm to succeed, is playing a significantly larger role.
____________________________
80 Pup Brd, 75 War Rdm Drg Sam Mnk Pld Bst Thf Whm Nin Smn Blm Rng, 72 Drk, 63 Cor, 50 Blu, 40 Dnc Sch
#41 May 03 2010 at 10:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Requim wrote:
Honestly half the comparisons being talked about every job vs job or weapon vs weapon damage comparison in the game can be completely negated by someone being more ambivalent about slow with their engage time or WSing.


fixed. this is why parsing with people to show things about weapons or jobs doesn't matter.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#42 May 03 2010 at 2:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Quote:
Also note that a polearm war using sushi gains essentially no benefit from aggressor since they are basically capped in basic gear (haidate, swift, rajas, aurum), whereas a GA war could swap to askar, flame ring, attack earring, bomb core etc etc.


Why couldn't you also wear the aforementioned items on pole war with aggressor?


Quote:
silly choices like ulthalam's ring and fowling earring


What's wrong with these?

Edited, May 3rd 2010 4:02pm by doctorugh
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#43 May 03 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,107 posts
Quote:
Why couldn't you also wear the aforementioned items on pole war with aggressor?


Because once you exceed enough accuracy for 95% hit rate the added accuracy is a waste?

Basically in order to get to 82.5% hitrate with sushi means wearing 0 acc gear. Polearm + haidate/rajas/squid/hasso is 82% accuracy alone. If you're using swift belt, aurum boots, etc you've already overshot that range where you're fully benefiting.

Obviously if you're at 94% accuracy aggressor will help, but it's no where near as big of an improvement as another war *cough meat GA* capable of getting that full 25 accuracy out of it. Seeing as you can keep it up 60% of the time, that's pretty substantial.

Quote:
silly choices like ulthalam's ring and fowling earring

What's wrong with these?


Blitz ring will do you more good in a solid merit party. If you need accuracy sniper's+1/toreador's ring is better. If you don't need the accuracy use a flame ring. Thunder ring would be more helpful as a hybrid for a crit build. Ulthalam's, like woodsman and snipers, is just a cheap option as a bare minimum.

Assault earring should be giving you more benefit than fowling's because as I pointed out above, accuracy isn't really a concern for merit parties. If you need accuracy hollow would be a better choice. If you use spell cast you can make use of fenrir's earring. Fowling isn't bad per say, just that there are better options out there.

Note that accuracy isn't an issue because we're talking about polearm war. Typically this is only used against greater colibri, which aren't evasive OR in zergs where you have soul voiced madrigals and feint. Outside of those two situations (+that weakness limbus) there really isn't a standard for using polearm and therefore accuracy is not a serious concern.
____________________________
80 Pup Brd, 75 War Rdm Drg Sam Mnk Pld Bst Thf Whm Nin Smn Blm Rng, 72 Drk, 63 Cor, 50 Blu, 40 Dnc Sch
#44 May 03 2010 at 10:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Quote:
in light of this topic, i was looking at penta and GA WSs on wiki. the penta page mentions the first hit of penta having an ATT penalty


Did some limited testing on lesser colibri (avg fSTR=10.66, Ratio 288/235.66 (using def gear and defender)

With STR 94 (mod 14)and DEX 92(mod 14), that should have made an avg penta of 969.

5.4 x (.95) x (288/235.66) (85 + 10.66 + 14 + 14) x 1.25 = 969

I made sure to start fights with penta.

However, the actual average I came up with was 854. Basically a 13.4% (knowing SE prob 12.5%) attack penalty.

Edited, May 3rd 2010 11:01pm by doctorugh
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#45 May 04 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
743 posts
And here I came to this thread hoping to improve my pole.
Come to find out this is about poleARMS..... /sigh.
____________________________
Retired

10,000 Pages wrote:
Kaolian is become death; destroyer of all fun and good times.

Johnny Cash wrote:
Faith, it's like a flower of light in a field of darkness giving me the strength to carry on.
#46 May 06 2010 at 6:50 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,154 posts
People seem to be forgetting that he might just want to use polearm for the fun, in a casual meripo, knowing full well that Gaxe could be better.

I used to use swords, polearms, axes and gaxes in merit pts just to stop from going insane from the monotony of them. I'd only merit with friends, and they never minded if our exp/hr was maybe dropped by a couple of hundred if we were all keeping interested and happy. I'd argue that getting a fresh weapon out every now and then keeps you more focused in those 10 hour drags anyway.

But...he does...ask questions... like an idiot...
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#47 May 06 2010 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Last time I was at birds in a merit party on WAR, I ended up needing to switch to g.axe just so I could lower my damage output so that the other DDs in the party could keep up and I wouldn't have to spend the entire time tanking as /SAM.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#48 May 07 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,154 posts
That's because you're bsphil, The Polemaster.


edit: forgot to remove capitals...


Edited, May 7th 2010 11:41am by MojoVIII
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#49 May 07 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
MojoVIII wrote:

edit: forgot to remove capitals...
Ohshi~
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#51 May 08 2010 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
******
44,511 posts
Hay guys, I'm at a bowling alley on my one white day to say "ELLIPSES ELLIPSES ELLIPSES!"

Also, they took mah sniper rifle. Smiley: crymore
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)