Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

The Warrior "Rate My Beer - err... Gear" ThreadFollow

#1 Feb 02 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Seems like everyone else has one, so why can't we? Post any questions regarding gear - TP, WS, Gaxe, Axe, Sword, Scythe, Gsword, Idle, Tanking, anything, to be critiqued by your fellow lovely, and often times stunning, Warriors. ****, since I joked about it in the thread title, post whatever you're drinking here too - we're probably better at recommending booze than we are gear.

I'll put myself under the microscope to start. I'm moderately satisfied with what I'm working with, but any outside advice to stuff I may be overlooking or just plain missing is very welcome.

General TP

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core (Ideally Bomblet)
Head: Walahra Turban (Hopefully picking up Askar one month soon, when we start farming 100s. We're scared!)
Neck: PCC
Ear1: Fowling Earring (Ideally Assault. I've bought and sold back that thing more times than I can count)
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauberk (Ideally duh things, still trying to get a nice augment on Hauberk since they're so cheap nowadays)
Hands: Dusk Gloves
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Ulthalam's (I shoulda picked Balrahn's but eh)
Back: Amemet +1/Beak Mantle augmented with accuracy +6, Subtle Blow +1
Waist: Swift Belt
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Aurum Sabatons

Raging Rush

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: PCC (Ideally Gorget)
Ear1: Fowling Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauberk
Hands: Hecatomb
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Ulthalam's (I shoulda picked Balrahn's but eh)
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Warwolf/Life (Ideally Warrior's Stone/Virtuoso)
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Aurum Sabatons (Ideally Hecatomb)

King's Justice

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: Breeze Gorget
Ear1: Fowling Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauberk
Hands: Hecatomb
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Ulthalam's (I shoulda picked Balrahn's but eh)
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Warwolf/Life (Ideally Warrior's Stone/Virtuoso)
Legs: Askar Dirs (Haidate maybe better? I seem to be ok acc-wise on most things. I got these stupid things, so I use em)
Feet: Aurum Sabatons (Ideally Hecatomb)

Steel Cyclone

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core/Bibiki, still working this one out
Head: Genbu's (I have nothing else Strengthy atm, I'll have Maat's Cap before Heca)
Neck: Breeze Gorget
Ear1: Fowling Earring (Ideally Triumph, I guess?)
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Askar (Ideally Osode)
Hands: Pallas's (Ideally Alky's)
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Flame
Back: Amemet +1 (Still messing around with Smilodon +1, Amemet seems more consistant)
Waist: Warwolf
Legs: Warrior's Cuisses
Feet: Rutters (Ideally Hecatomb)

Beer

Main: Currently enjoying Chimay Triple when I can find it consistently. Ideally Chimay Blue if I'd ever be lucky enough to find the GIGANTIC BOTTLE.

Sub: La Fin Du Monde


____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#2 Feb 02 2010 at 4:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,804 posts
An Aggressor Up set ideally including Blitz Ring. If you're gonna grab Bomblet and use that Beak Mantle can fulltime TP the Blitz Ring (assuming 8/8 G.Axe merits).

Do yourself a favor and forget about Askar Head. Trust me, Turban is better.


Here, it's far from perfect, and I've changed a few things around, but this is something good to shoot for:

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3340713&postcount=2

Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 2:07am by mazmaz
____________________________
Mazmaz
Fenrir - San d'oria - Rank 9
75WAR/NIN (TP/WS)
Merits


bsphil wrote:
I suppose I could also call it "smallifying numberitude" but that sounds incredibly ***. Like, milich youtube playlist ***.
#3 Feb 02 2010 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
***
2,890 posts
General TP

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Walahra Turban
Neck: PCC
Ear1: Assault Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauby +1
Hands: Dusk Gloves
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Toreadors
Back: A.Mantle +1
Waist: Swift Belt
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Dusk (**** boots refuse to drop for me T.T)

Raging Rush

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Adaman Celatia (E.Head, better then O.hat and I'll never see Heca head)
Neck: Snow Gorget
Ear1: Assault Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauby +1
Hands: Hecatomb +1
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Toreadors (Can switch to a Flame if acc is good)
Back: A.Mantle +1
Waist: Warriors Stone
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Amir Boots (I got he cursed -1 for Heca feet, just need suzy to be kind to me)

KJ is similiar to the above but with PCC and Flame

Steel Cyclone

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Adaman Celatia (E.Head, better then O.hat and I'll never see Heca head)
Neck: Snow Gorget
Ear1: Fowling Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: K.Osode (is this better then Hauby +1 for SC?)
Hands: Alky's
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Flame
Back: A.Mantle +1 (Debating on a Cuch Mantle or Smil +1, would the STR outweight the attack on SC?)
Waist: Warriors Stone
Legs: Byakko's Haidate (whats a half decent item for this slot? Don't want to carry RK pants along just for this though)
Feet: Amir Boots (I got he cursed -1 for Heca feet, just need suzy to be kind to me)


I think its mostly a solid setup. Just need a few annoying to get tweaks and I'll be set.

-=Edit=-
Jesus H. Christ I forgot to write the most import part... the beer.

I'm not much of a beer connoisseur but I have found I enjoy Warsteiner Verum. But I can really only get the big name stuff over here in Korea so I take what I can get.



Edited, Feb 3rd 2010 12:25am by saevellakshmi
____________________________
RoTZ: Complete DM: O
CoP: Complete AN: O
99 SAM, RDM, BLU, WAR, PLD, DRK

lolgaxe wrote:
Nothing in this game is impossible if you set yourself to the task of actually doing it. Even dumb people can only hold you back for so long.


Lucinus wrote:
when you're hefting something that deadly, you don't miss - mobs get the **** out of the way instead...
#4 Feb 02 2010 at 8:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Solrain wrote:
Beer

Main: Currently enjoying Chimay Triple when I can find it consistently. Ideally Chimay Blue if I'd ever be lucky enough to find the GIGANTIC BOTTLE.

Sub: La Fin Du Monde




hmm. i give the gear an A-. agree with mazmaz's blitz ring suggestion, particularly for /SAM (same with turban actually).

i give each of the beers As. i actually prefer chimay white over blue and red. la fin du monde is good stuff too, though to be honest i kind of OD'd on it and never really feel like getting it these days.

suggestions:

in the realm of chimay blue...

(belgian strong dark ales and quads)
saint bernardus abt12: amaaaazing quad, with endless depth and a really pleasant taste. not quite as good as...
trappist rochefort 10: possibly the best beer i've ever tasted, and certainly the best belgian i've had.
allagash odyssey: pretty much everything by allagash is good (though allagash white is a bit bland). this one really benefits from the oak aging, with moderately strong vanilla notes adding to the darker flavors. allagash black is good too, though a bit closer to a stout. i'm a big fan of their quad, allagash four as well.
malheur 12°: reviews seem to think it's too sweet, but i find it more malty/toffee/caramel than overtly sweet. good stuff.
stone vertical epic 09.09.09: another genre-bender; borders on being a porter, but the belgian yeast character and spiciness is still there (and good).
delirium nocturnum: popular belgian strong dark ale that i personally never got behind (i love delirium tremens though, which belongs in the below list perhaps). incidentally, delirium nocturnum once caused my friend to black out.
maudite: from unibroue, who make la fin du monde. not as deep or dark as some of the earlier selections on this list, but cheaper and still very good. if i recall, it's a bit more overtly fruity than some. unibroue 17 (if it's still available...) has the depth and darkness though. i love it.
three philosophers: popular quad made in new york. too much cherry for me, but decent.
n'ice chouffe: not particularly dark, though darker than their main beer (la chouffe, which is also excellent). great spiciness.
2 turtle doves: i actually haven't had this one. it's by this brewery in cali called "the bruery" that opened up recently and is supposed to be excellent. i'm looking forward to trying some of their stuff at the extreme beer fest in boston later this month. probably worth checking these guys out if you're on the west coast.

(dubbels)
corsendonk abbey brown: as the reviews say, raisins, molasses, belgian yeast, spice. good stuff.
maredsous 8: from the same brewery as duvel. a go to beer for me on occasion.
ommegang abbey ale: same brewery in ny that makes 3 philosophers. similarly "blah" to me, but quite popular.

in the realm of chimay white and la fin du monde...

(tripels)
saint bernardus tripel: as good a tripel as abt12 is a quad. lots of citrus notes and subdued sweetness.
tripel karmeliet: another really subtle and refreshing tripel. surprisingly subtle considering the same brewery makes kwak (which is good, but pretty much defines heavyhanded).
allagash curieux: the other end of the spectrum from karmeliet and st.bernardus; the bourbon barrel aging amps up the beer with a lot of harsh bourbon flavor. not the most balanced beer in the world, but good.
allagash tripel reserve: worth paying the extra money over the NQ allagash tripel. definitely spicier and more vibrant than, say, karmeliet. not as good as chimay white, but different and pretty high quality.
westmalle trappist tripel: they invented the tripel. predictably excellent.
victory golden monkey: i actually just tried this at a party on saturday. bigger carbonation and a bit more vivacious than i want from a tripel, but pretty tasty. i think the guy who had it told me it was cheap too. later on in that party, i was quite drunk and this same guy mentioned to me that his girlfriend (who i can't seem to get along with) was endlessly complex, to which i responded by rolling around on the floor in sincere, mocking laughter. after that, i got out of hand and the hostess of the party tied me up with duct tape. obviously, i freed myself easily.
augustijn ale: i haven't tried, but has been on my to-try list for a long time. sounds pretty good (reviews mention banana, which to me is always a plus--c.f. duvel--unless it's too pronounced--c.f. banana starburst)
achel blond: good, like every trappist.
southampton triple: from ny, another one i haven't tried, but their double white is so good i can't conceptualize them making a bad beer.
[AVOID: river horse tripel horse: astringent, overly alcoholic-tasting **** beer. don't be tempted by a 6pack of this over a 4pack or 750ml of something good. however, if you're at a party (like, say, the party i was at on saturday) and someone makes the mistake of bringing it and then obviously doesn't finish the 6pack b/c it tastes like ****, and you're already very drunk and are pushing forward with the drunken "i must drink more", it can come in handy. (i have had this sober, and again, it tastes like **** + vodka)

(belgian [strong] pale ale / golden ale)
duvel: worth mentioning and linking twice (as are la chouffe and delirium tremens, though duvel is soundly better).
don de dieu: another great beer from unibroue. has a fairly strong apple character, like chimay tripel reserve.
brooklyn local 1: (oh hey, i should have mentioned local 2 in the above list. i'd say local 2 is somewhere between corsendonk and maudite, quality-wise) good, light belgian style ale. probably overpriced.
cuvee bxl: house beer at BXL cafe in manhattan. coriander and orange rind. worth getting if you're in the city (bar has other good things available too; i'd advise against duvel draft though--bland).
great divide hades ale: yet another beer i'm listing without having tried (yet), this one because great divide is currently my favorite american brewery (due to hibernation and old ruffian, mainly).
[AVOID (but not as emphatically as tripel horse)] leffe blonde: relatively widely available belgian beer that tastes like the start of a good beer and then delivers water. may as well get blue moon, or an entirely different style of beer, or not drink at all.

and so, an hour or so of my unfortunately early morning has been passed.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#5 Feb 02 2010 at 8:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Quote:
Do yourself a favor and forget about Askar Head. Trust me, Turban is better if you are completely buffed like in Einherjar or something and if you aren't using Rune Chopper, so realistically like 5-30% of the time unless you have 2 pocket bards and a rdm wherever you go.

FTFY

Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 9:33am by LordMnementh
____________________________
Want to know what I am listening to? Click here for my Zune Profile!
lolgaxe wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
WARs do what they do best.

Provoke the foe and break it in half.
Coincidentally, that's how I met my wife.
#6TybudX, Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 8:48 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If you're doing anything on WAR without a BRD and a RDM to buff you, you are on the wrong ******* job. Get a better linkshell, or learn how to play the ******* game. It's been out 7 years, crying about bad party set ups is just ******* sad.
#7 Feb 02 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Someone ****** in your cheerios this morning. If people are going to bring up that tired, retarded BG argument that Turban > Askar IN ALL @#%^ING SITUATIONS ZOMG then I'll just point out that they are wrong. It isn't crying, it's most people's reality. These boards aren't just for people in perfect situations.

Edit: And if you got what I was saying, if there is a rdm to buff you, then you have the ability to use Rune Chopper, which you can maximize by not equipping over the haste cap. Which means using Askar over Turban :P

Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 10:31am by LordMnementh
____________________________
Want to know what I am listening to? Click here for my Zune Profile!
lolgaxe wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
WARs do what they do best.

Provoke the foe and break it in half.
Coincidentally, that's how I met my wife.
#8 Feb 02 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Mine

General TP

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core (Ideally Bomblet)
Head: Walahra Turban
Neck: PCC
Ear1: Hollow Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hauberk +1
Hands: Dusk Gloves
Ring1: Rajas (2nd Sniper's in lower Acc situations)
Ring2: Sniper's Ring
Back: Forager's Mantle
Waist: Swift Belt
Legs: Barbarossa's Zerehs (Yes, I know B. Haidate are the biggest Improvement I could make to my TP set).
Feet: Aurum Sabatons

Raging Rush

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core
Head: Champion's Galea with +Str, Acc, Attack and WSAcc
Neck: PCC
Ear1: Hollow Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hecatomb Harness
Hands: Hecatomb
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Flame Ring
Back: Forager's Mantle
Waist: Warwolf (Ideally Warrior's Stone)
Legs: Ares' Flancard/Hecatomb
Feet: Hecatomb

King's Justice

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core
Head: Champion's Galea
Neck: Breeze Gorget
Ear1: Minuet Earring -> Upgrade to Triumph
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hecatomb
Hands: Hecatomb
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Flame Ring
Back: Forager's Mantle
Waist: Warwolfe (Ideally Warrior's Stone)
Legs: Ares' Flanchard
Feet: Hecatomb

Steel Cyclone

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bomb Core
Head: Genbu's/Champion's Galea
Neck: Breeze Gorget
Ear1: Minuet (Ideally Triumph)
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Hecatomb
Hands: Hecatomb
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2: Flame
Back: Forager's Mantle
Waist: Warwolf
Legs: Ares' Flanchard
Feet: Hecatomb

Beer

Currently enjoying: Bells' Two Hearted Ale



Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 11:23am by TheBarrister
____________________________
Carbuncle


#9 Feb 02 2010 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
milich wrote:
Solrain wrote:
Beer

Main: Currently enjoying Chimay Triple when I can find it consistently. Ideally Chimay Blue if I'd ever be lucky enough to find the GIGANTIC BOTTLE.

Sub: La Fin Du Monde




hmm. i give the gear an A-. agree with mazmaz's blitz ring suggestion, particularly for /SAM (same with turban actually).

i give each of the beers As. i actually prefer chimay white over blue and red. la fin du monde is good stuff too, though to be honest i kind of OD'd on it and never really feel like getting it these days.

suggestions:

in the realm of chimay blue...

(belgian strong dark ales and quads)
saint bernardus abt12: amaaaazing quad, with endless depth and a really pleasant taste. not quite as good as...
trappist rochefort 10: possibly the best beer i've ever tasted, and certainly the best belgian i've had.
allagash odyssey: pretty much everything by allagash is good (though allagash white is a bit bland). this one really benefits from the oak aging, with moderately strong vanilla notes adding to the darker flavors. allagash black is good too, though a bit closer to a stout. i'm a big fan of their quad, allagash four as well.
malheur 12°: reviews seem to think it's too sweet, but i find it more malty/toffee/caramel than overtly sweet. good stuff.
stone vertical epic 09.09.09: another genre-bender; borders on being a porter, but the belgian yeast character and spiciness is still there (and good).
delirium nocturnum: popular belgian strong dark ale that i personally never got behind (i love delirium tremens though, which belongs in the below list perhaps). incidentally, delirium nocturnum once caused my friend to black out.
maudite: from unibroue, who make la fin du monde. not as deep or dark as some of the earlier selections on this list, but cheaper and still very good. if i recall, it's a bit more overtly fruity than some. unibroue 17 (if it's still available...) has the depth and darkness though. i love it.
three philosophers: popular quad made in new york. too much cherry for me, but decent.
n'ice chouffe: not particularly dark, though darker than their main beer (la chouffe, which is also excellent). great spiciness.
2 turtle doves: i actually haven't had this one. it's by this brewery in cali called "the bruery" that opened up recently and is supposed to be excellent. i'm looking forward to trying some of their stuff at the extreme beer fest in boston later this month. probably worth checking these guys out if you're on the west coast.

(dubbels)
corsendonk abbey brown: as the reviews say, raisins, molasses, belgian yeast, spice. good stuff.
maredsous 8: from the same brewery as duvel. a go to beer for me on occasion.
ommegang abbey ale: same brewery in ny that makes 3 philosophers. similarly "blah" to me, but quite popular.

in the realm of chimay white and la fin du monde...

(tripels)
saint bernardus tripel: as good a tripel as abt12 is a quad. lots of citrus notes and subdued sweetness.
tripel karmeliet: another really subtle and refreshing tripel. surprisingly subtle considering the same brewery makes kwak (which is good, but pretty much defines heavyhanded).
allagash curieux: the other end of the spectrum from karmeliet and st.bernardus; the bourbon barrel aging amps up the beer with a lot of harsh bourbon flavor. not the most balanced beer in the world, but good.
allagash tripel reserve: worth paying the extra money over the NQ allagash tripel. definitely spicier and more vibrant than, say, karmeliet. not as good as chimay white, but different and pretty high quality.
westmalle trappist tripel: they invented the tripel. predictably excellent.
victory golden monkey: i actually just tried this at a party on saturday. bigger carbonation and a bit more vivacious than i want from a tripel, but pretty tasty. i think the guy who had it told me it was cheap too. later on in that party, i was quite drunk and this same guy mentioned to me that his girlfriend (who i can't seem to get along with) was endlessly complex, to which i responded by rolling around on the floor in sincere, mocking laughter. after that, i got out of hand and the hostess of the party tied me up with duct tape. obviously, i freed myself easily.
augustijn ale: i haven't tried, but has been on my to-try list for a long time. sounds pretty good (reviews mention banana, which to me is always a plus--c.f. duvel--unless it's too pronounced--c.f. banana starburst)
achel blond: good, like every trappist.
southampton triple: from ny, another one i haven't tried, but their double white is so good i can't conceptualize them making a bad beer.
[AVOID: river horse tripel horse: astringent, overly alcoholic-tasting sh*t beer. don't be tempted by a 6pack of this over a 4pack or 750ml of something good. however, if you're at a party (like, say, the party i was at on saturday) and someone makes the mistake of bringing it and then obviously doesn't finish the 6pack b/c it tastes like sh*t, and you're already very drunk and are pushing forward with the drunken "i must drink more", it can come in handy. (i have had this sober, and again, it tastes like **** + vodka)

(belgian [strong] pale ale / golden ale)
duvel: worth mentioning and linking twice (as are la chouffe and delirium tremens, though duvel is soundly better).
don de dieu: another great beer from unibroue. has a fairly strong apple character, like chimay tripel reserve.
brooklyn local 1: (oh hey, i should have mentioned local 2 in the above list. i'd say local 2 is somewhere between corsendonk and maudite, quality-wise) good, light belgian style ale. probably overpriced.
cuvee bxl: house beer at BXL cafe in manhattan. coriander and orange rind. worth getting if you're in the city (bar has other good things available too; i'd advise against duvel draft though--bland).
great divide hades ale: yet another beer i'm listing without having tried (yet), this one because great divide is currently my favorite american brewery (due to hibernation and old ruffian, mainly).
[AVOID (but not as emphatically as tripel horse)] leffe blonde: relatively widely available belgian beer that tastes like the start of a good beer and then delivers water. may as well get blue moon, or an entirely different style of beer, or not drink at all.

and so, an hour or so of my unfortunately early morning has been passed.
Worth reposting the shopping list you gave me a while ago. while we're at it I'm ok with Leffe, actually, although I've yet to try the dark -- however, I do agree that I'd probably drink something else given the option, unless it's worse.

also, eek, I just noticed I never did get round to finding out what you were after... schools have been hectic recently, I'm only a uni student and yet I'm expected to work like a full time professional teacher so my head is still spinning like a dreidel.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 12:58pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#10 Feb 02 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
Beer

Currently enjoying: Bells' Two Hearted Ale


i want to try that; ;, and hopslam. unfortunately bell's doesn't make it to connecticut currently. no hopslam, no pliny the elder for us stony new englanders (apparently those are the two big guns in the IPA world-_-). i don't think people in the west or central america get captain lawrence, so maybe i'll have to get their DIPA soon and drink it out of spite for you all.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#11 Feb 02 2010 at 1:59 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
All of Bells are really good.

Their Christmas Ale this past season was one of the best beers I've had in the last 10 years.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#12 Feb 02 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Gear - None 
Beer - Everything Pahn said.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Feb 03 2010 at 2:09 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
I'll take a scotch on the rocks barkeep.
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#14 Feb 03 2010 at 4:16 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
mazmaz wrote:
An Aggressor Up set ideally including Blitz Ring. If you're gonna grab Bomblet and use that Beak Mantle can fulltime TP the Blitz Ring (assuming 8/8 G.Axe merits).


Ya, my only Aggressor macro piece atm is stupid Askar Korazin, which I usually swap right out of anyway cuz the trade-off is so minimal. I actually have no Gaxe merits at all (combat merits all tied up in other jobs). Blitz Ring would be nice, but also not really an option right now, as I still need a ton of gear for other jobs where that 600k would be better spent.

Thanks for the suggestions Maz and milich, I appreciate em (milich, you totally blew yer load all over this thread with those beer recommendations - very good **** in there, a few I still need to try but ****, that's overwhelming!)

As for the Turban vs. Askar debate, I knew that was coming.

LordMnementh wrote:
If people are going to bring up that tired, retarded BG argument that Turban > Askar IN ALL @#%^ING SITUATIONS ZOMG then I'll just point out that they are wrong. It isn't crying, it's most people's reality. These boards aren't just for people in perfect situations.


I agree with Mnementh here 100%. I do know the value of haste, but I'm also smart enough to know when 1% haste is trumped by something else in sub-optimal conditions, conditions in which I operate under in many daily situations, which is why I'm still gunning for Askar.

I hate the whole (I hate to say it, cuz I don't like to generalize forums, but BG seems to have some hardon about) Turban >>> Askar in EVERY SITUATION and other equally stupid shit, like Rajas being a bad TP ring for every melee job.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#15 Feb 03 2010 at 4:18 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Redshift wrote:
I'll take a scotch on the rocks barkeep.


What kind of scotch?

This thread does not discriminate against alcohol, even though I had just beer in the title.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#16 Feb 03 2010 at 5:51 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Solrain wrote:
Redshift wrote:
I'll take a scotch on the rocks barkeep.


What kind of scotch?

This thread does not discriminate against alcohol, even though I had just beer in the title.
I suggest this. I got my mom a bottle for Chanukah and ... let's just say it disappeared fairly quickly.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2010 6:55am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#17 Feb 03 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Are there any other Whiskey drinkers here? Aside from Redshift. My personal favourites are Jameson's & Bushmills.


As far as gear goes, I've not upgraded in a loooooong time.

WAR TP

Raging Rush

Steel Cyclone/King's Justice


Thoughts?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#18 Feb 03 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
Jameson's is delicious!

For Christmas, my aunt bought everyone a bottle of Tullamore Dew. There was 20 bottles of whiskey all in all rofl
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#19 Feb 03 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
Jameson is Irish, though...

Incidentally, I think Sol deserves an award for successfully derailing a WAR forum thread twice in the OP: once for derailing a booze thread onto gear, and another for derailing a gear thread onto booze.

I want your babies, and **** the gender issues.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#20 Feb 03 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Jameson is Irish, though...

Incidentally, I think Sol deserves an award for successfully derailing a WAR forum thread twice in the OP: once for derailing a booze thread onto gear, and another for derailing a gear thread onto booze.

I want your babies, and **** the gender issues.
That's why it's Whiskey! Sirry nub.

Also Sol needs to visit the UK so I can buy him a beer or three for this thread. Smiley: nod
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#21 Feb 03 2010 at 3:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
You Irish whiskey fans should try Feckin'

Myself and others have considered it a very good alternative to Jameson. (Some have even reviewed it as being better)
____________________________
Want to know what I am listening to? Click here for my Zune Profile!
lolgaxe wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
WARs do what they do best.

Provoke the foe and break it in half.
Coincidentally, that's how I met my wife.
#22 Feb 03 2010 at 11:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
on the topic of whiskey, i'm currently halfway through a bomber of rogue's john john dead guy ale. the original dead guy ale is, in my opinion, rather boring. john john is dead guy ale aged for a few months in whiskey barrels. the beer really picks up the whiskey flavor with notes of vanilla and coconut. it's exactly the thing needed to punch up the honey / malt blandness of dead guy ale. if you like the taste of whiskey and want it in your beer, i'd suggest picking some up.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#23 Feb 04 2010 at 2:29 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
milich wrote:
on the topic of whiskey, i'm currently halfway through a bomber of rogue's john john dead guy ale. the original dead guy ale is, in my opinion, rather boring. john john is dead guy ale aged for a few months in whiskey barrels. the beer really picks up the whiskey flavor with notes of vanilla and coconut. it's exactly the thing needed to punch up the honey / malt blandness of dead guy ale. if you like the taste of whiskey and want it in your beer, i'd suggest picking some up.
I love you sometimes Pahn. Smiley: inlove

Edited, Feb 4th 2010 3:29am by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#24 Feb 04 2010 at 2:42 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
milich wrote:
on the topic of whiskey, i'm currently halfway through a bomber of rogue's john john dead guy ale. the original dead guy ale is, in my opinion, rather boring. john john is dead guy ale aged for a few months in whiskey barrels. the beer really picks up the whiskey flavor with notes of vanilla and coconut. it's exactly the thing needed to punch up the honey / malt blandness of dead guy ale. if you like the taste of whiskey and want it in your beer, i'd suggest picking some up.
I love you sometimes Pahn. Smiley: inlove
"sometimes"? Smiley: laugh
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#25 Feb 04 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,154 posts
I'm THE whiskey drinker, and have yet to try a better than Bunahabhain 12 year old. The best.

Recently got a present from my uncle of a 25 year old Jameson something. He'd been given it for a christmas present, and is a Pioneer, which means he doesn't touch the stuff, but knows I'm passionate about it. I got a bit drunk on the first couple of glasses of it, and woke up the next day on a golf green. No joke. My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.

So They say I ended up drinking it all myself, with the exception of a shot or two forced on my mates...

We then decided that we wanted to steal the flags from crazy golf, and all have a different number, but we didn't know where there was a crazy golf course. Hence, 5am, woken by the dawn chorus on a golf course next to an empty whiskey bottle, my friend Cian's shoes and a #1 golf flag.

Best part? Didn't even get sick. Sign of a quality whiskey!

Edit: For those of you who may say POIDH:

Edited, Feb 4th 2010 3:05pm by MojoVIII
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#26 Feb 04 2010 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Mojo, I have decided that you are a true legend among the modern-day Irish.

*requisitions a bard to compose the Saga of Mojo*
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#27 Feb 04 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
****
4,154 posts
I'm also not sure why I don't look like I'm hitting the end of a full litre of whiskey... The floating hand sure isn't normal, but I'm surprised I'm able to lift my hand at all...
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#28 Feb 04 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
MojoVIII wrote:
My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.[/sm][/i]


yeah.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#29 Feb 04 2010 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
MojoVIII wrote:
I'm THE whiskey drinker, and have yet to try a better than Bunahabhain 12 year old. The best.

Recently got a present from my uncle of a 25 year old Jameson something. He'd been given it for a christmas present, and is a Pioneer, which means he doesn't touch the stuff, but knows I'm passionate about it. I got a bit drunk on the first couple of glasses of it, and woke up the next day on a golf green. No joke. My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.

So They say I ended up drinking it all myself, with the exception of a shot or two forced on my mates...

We then decided that we wanted to steal the flags from crazy golf, and all have a different number, but we didn't know where there was a crazy golf course. Hence, 5am, woken by the dawn chorus on a golf course next to an empty whiskey bottle, my friend Cian's shoes and a #1 golf flag.

Best part? Didn't even get sick. Sign of a quality whiskey!

Edit: For those of you who may say POIDH:

Edited, Feb 4th 2010 3:05pm by MojoVIII
Thanks for the suggestion. Ordering some as soon as I get £35 spare. Smiley: grin
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#30 Feb 04 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Excellent
**
456 posts
Nil, was checking out your gear and other than the obvious upgrades that I am sure you are aware of (alky's, flame, etc) one thing I would suggest is that you save King's Justice for when you have Aggressor up. You drop a lot of acc in your set (I do the same thing) which puts you at 370ish acc (assuming full GA merits and 68ish base Dex as I dont know what race you are). I usually save KJ for bergressor up due to crits having less of a return as your attack gets higher, as well as being able to drop a lot of acc for STR/ATTK.
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#31 Feb 04 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Gear and beer, huzzah, but we're missing something.
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#32 Feb 04 2010 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,154 posts
The absolute best part of that is the bat-bat.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#33 Feb 04 2010 at 8:29 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
MojoVIII wrote:
The absolute best part of that is the bat-bat.


Lmao
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#34 Feb 08 2010 at 4:42 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
KWileyStyle wrote:
Nil, was checking out your gear and other than the obvious upgrades that I am sure you are aware of (alky's, flame, etc) one thing I would suggest is that you save King's Justice for when you have Aggressor up. You drop a lot of acc in your set (I do the same thing) which puts you at 370ish acc (assuming full GA merits and 68ish base Dex as I dont know what race you are). I usually save KJ for bergressor up due to crits having less of a return as your attack gets higher, as well as being able to drop a lot of acc for STR/ATTK.
Excellent advice as always KWiley. Thanks Smiley: thumbsup


lolgaxe wrote:
Gear and beer, huzzah, but we're missing something.
Screenshot
LOL Bat-bat.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#35 Feb 08 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
milich wrote:
MojoVIII wrote:
My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.[/sm][/i]


yeah.
I agree.

I love ordering a drink and saying on the rocks. Just sounds so classy
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#36 Feb 09 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Redshift wrote:
milich wrote:
MojoVIII wrote:
My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.[/sm][/i]


yeah.
I agree.

I love ordering a drink and saying on the rocks. Just sounds so classy
Likewise. I also find that drinking some amber liquid with just ice in the glass prompts women to ask "So, what're you drinking".
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#37 Feb 09 2010 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Redshift wrote:
milich wrote:
MojoVIII wrote:
My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.[/sm][/i]


yeah.
I agree.

I love ordering a drink and saying on the rocks. Just sounds so classy
Likewise. I also find that drinking some amber liquid with just ice in the glass prompts women to ask "So, what're you drinking".


another way to get women in bars is to drink a beer with a huge head on it (instruct bartender to pour aggressively), then compare the head of your beer to your glans (say that glans size compares favorably).
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#38 Feb 09 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
milich wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Redshift wrote:
milich wrote:
MojoVIII wrote:
My friends said that I was offering it to everyone to try, but wouldn't let anyone mix it with anything other than ice, because IMO mixing it with coke just spoils two drinks.[/sm][/i]


yeah.
I agree.

I love ordering a drink and saying on the rocks. Just sounds so classy
Likewise. I also find that drinking some amber liquid with just ice in the glass prompts women to ask "So, what're you drinking".


another way to get women in bars is to drink a beer with a huge head on it (instruct bartender to pour aggressively), then compare the head of your beer to your glans (say that glans size compares favorably).
and ask them to dance, so few guys know how it shoots you up to first place by default. if there's one thing i know as fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, every girl loves to dance
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#39 Feb 09 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Successful chat up lines GO!

By far my most successful line is "Hi, I'm Neil...".

Shocking how well that works.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#40 Feb 09 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,906 posts
Quote:
Successful chat up lines GO!

By far my most successful line is "Hi, I'm Neil...".

Shocking how well that works.
comment on something they're wearing (accessories, hair dye, shoes, etc), girls never wear something without thinking about it a million times. usually it goes... you poke fun at their weaknesses, they poke at your strengths*. it's kindergarten all over again! it's a lot better to make up something on the spot like this about them than some atypical line they've probably heard a million times. shows your original, confident, you actually noticed something about her, funny, etc... just be in the mind set to have fun with or without them, a ton of subconscious sense hit the fan if you don't.

*DO NOT GET UPSET WHEN THEY DO, HAVE WITTY COMEBACKS, DEFLECTIONS AND DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. SOOO MANY TIMES IVE SEEN MY FRIENDS GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS

Edited, Feb 9th 2010 1:25pm by Redshift
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#41 Feb 09 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
I found the line "Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you" works better than you'd expect.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#42 Feb 09 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
I've never had any successful chat up lines in a bar.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#43 Feb 09 2010 at 12:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
just to make sure i don't lead you guys astray, i want to make sure that we're all clear that talking about your glans really isn't that effective a way to charm a woman, unless you do it very, very charmingly.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#44 Feb 09 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
like this?

you: "so what do you think? does size matter?"
her: "well, it really depends on the guy... sometimes it does and doesn't"
you: "oh, I was talking about breast size. you're already thinking about getting into my pants? geez, you should start by buying me a drink first"
laughs ensue
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#45 Feb 10 2010 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Redshift wrote:
like this?

you: "so what do you think? does size matter?"
her: "well, it really depends on the guy... sometimes it does and doesn't"
you: "oh, I was talking about breast size. you're already thinking about getting into my pants? geez, you should start by buying me a drink first"
laughs ensue


i was thinking more like:

you: ********** this beer has a huge head on it. kind of like me; my glans is enormous!"
her: "what?"
you: "my glans. it's like a giant mushroom."
her: "guys are so adolescent, always talking about their ***** size."
you: "no, no, no, hold on. i'm not saying that i have a big *****, per se. like some guys brag about their length like they want to get deep into ***, or their girth like they want to pound on vaginal walls. i'm saying that the head is particularly large. don't put words in my mouth."
her: "WHAT DO YOU WANT IN YOUR MOUTH"
you: "I WANT TO POUR MY MUSHROOM ALL OVER YOUR FACE"
her: "I LOVE YOU, DADDY"

etc.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#46 Feb 10 2010 at 5:26 AM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
that is a complete fabrication! you know how i know?! no girl would ever use the word adolescent rofl. just like they used the word in the movie 300, when the term itself didn't exist until more recently!
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#47 Feb 10 2010 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
milich wrote:
"I WANT TO POUR MY MUSHROOM ALL OVER YOUR FACE"
Tried that once. Got knocked out by her boyfriend.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#48 Feb 10 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
****
4,154 posts
"So, wanna have ***?"

"...no..."

"Too bad."
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#49 Feb 17 2010 at 2:58 AM Rating: Good
**
517 posts
Race: Tarutaru

Merits:

1HP
1MP
2 STR
4 Critical Hit Rate
8 Great Axe
5/5 Berserk
5/5 Double Attack
5/5 Warrior's Charge
(Thinking of doing either Tomahawk or Savagery, but not sure which would be more beneficial, or if I should split between the two.)

Gear:

General TP

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Walahra Turban
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Fowling Earring
Body: Haubergeon +1
Hands: Askar Manopolas
Ring1: Rajas Ring
Ring2: Ulthalam's Ring
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Swift Belt
Legs: Barbarossa's Zerehs
Feet: Dusk Ledelsens

Raging Rush

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Champion's Galea (Augmented with STR+4, Acc +10, Attk +5, and WS Acc + 15)
Neck: Snow Gorget
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Fowling Earring
Body: Haubergeon =1
Hands: Hecatomb Mittens
Ring1: Rajas Ring
Ring2: Iota Ring
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Warrior's Cuisses
Feet: Creek M Clomps

King's Justice

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Champion's Galea
Neck: Breeze Gorget
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Fowling Earring
Body: Haubergeon +1
Hands: Hecatomb Mittens
Ring1: Rajas Ring
Ring2: Ulthalam's Ring
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Warrior's Cuisses
Feet: Creek M Clomps

Steel Cyclone

Main: Perdu Voulge
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Bibiki Seashell
Head: Champion's Galea (I have Genbu's Kabuto but not sure which to use and/or when)
Neck: Snow Gorget
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Fowling Earring
Body: Haubergeon +1
Hands: Pallas's Bracelets
Ring1: Rajas Ring
Ring2: Ulthalam's Ring
Back: Smilodon Mantle +1
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Barbarossa's Zerehs
Feet: Creek M Clomps

Beer

Main: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss

Sub: Yeungling

As far as gear goes, I know I need to make some improvements. Stupid Hagun and Toreador's Ring ENM haven't put out in about 6 months and its been ticking me off. Anyways, here is what I'm looking to upgrade:

Ear 2: Fowling -> Assault
Hands: Pallas -> Alkyoneus
Ring 2: Ulthalam -> Flame (On KJ and SC. Not sure about RR since I have Iota)
Back: Amemet +1 -> Forager's (Eventually get a Cuchulaine's on hand when ENM puts out and I can afford it)
Waist: I already have a Virtuoso for situations where my accuracy is low, but I don't find myself using it or needing it that often. Only other upgrade I would consider is Warrior's Stone if I go back to doing Dynamis.
Legs: Obviously and most clearly, Byakko's Haidate for TP and Raging Rush (will buy pop sets to do this when, once again, ENM puts out)
Feet: Dusk -> Aurum for TP (I have the pop set for Armed Gears, just need to find people to help me do it) and Creek M Clomps -> Hecatomb for KJ and RR.

Any recommendations and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcomed. As others have said, this forum has been an absolutely amazing gold mine of information and knowledge thanks to all the regulars and veteran posters who know their stuff and do the maths. Its based on everything I read here that I've tweaked/adjusted my gear.

As far as beer goes, honestly, I haven't really tried that many different ones. I usually just go by what my friends recommend to me, and I like fruity stuff so the Berry Weiss is my favorite so far.

Edited, Feb 17th 2010 6:54am by Metakaiser
____________________________
ArTwoKay wrote:
Long before the Crystal War, the Galka Raogrimm was wandering the streets of Jeuno and happened to stumble into the Marble Bridge Tavern on Behemoth Baked Bean Burrito day.

One hour later, the Shu'meyo Cataclysm was born.


Vyren wrote:
I lost it when Trion started thrusting at me.
#50 Feb 17 2010 at 3:23 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Metakaiser wrote:
Sub: Yeungling


I honestly think that Yuengling is a severely underrated beer, as far as domestics go - it's pretty **** tasty compared to the other (American) **** that we put out!

Side note: You on Bismarck, Kaiser? I know I've seen you around if it is you. I'll /wave next time I see ya if it is.

Side note #2: Speaking of Bismarck, KEN WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! We need you.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#51 Feb 17 2010 at 4:13 AM Rating: Excellent
**
517 posts
Yup, definitely on Bismarck. I think I saw you earlier last night while my friends and I were in Port Jeuno getting ready to do Limbus!
____________________________
ArTwoKay wrote:
Long before the Crystal War, the Galka Raogrimm was wandering the streets of Jeuno and happened to stumble into the Marble Bridge Tavern on Behemoth Baked Bean Burrito day.

One hour later, the Shu'meyo Cataclysm was born.


Vyren wrote:
I lost it when Trion started thrusting at me.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (23)