Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Augmented Life Belt vs. Potent BeltFollow

#1 May 11 2009 at 10:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Greetings, fellow axe murderers.

I'm bringing back the Life Belt vs. Potent Belt discussion back in style. I've been using a Potent Belt for a while when I got brave and decided I'd try to FoV augment a Life Belt or two.

First try netted me a Life Belt with 9 lightning resist. Insert "wahm wahm waaaaahm" here.

Second try: Life Belt with DEX +1 VIT -1 AGI -1, and I think maybe 9 fire resist.

Now, I realize that the difference between Potent and Life Belt isn't really much; most people tend to stick with Life since it's cheaper, but the STR on the Potent is always fun. Not that 1 DEX is going to make much more of a difference, does it make enough of a difference to warrant selling the Potent? Should I TP in the Life and WS in the Potent? Or should I pocket the gil from the Potent and WS in Warwolf?

I'd parse it myself, but alas, I play on the Xbox. Thoughts?


EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm working on a Swift belt that would trump all of the above.

Edited, May 11th 2009 3:07pm by Ohsheot
#2 May 11 2009 at 10:50 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 May 11 2009 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
526 posts
warrior's stone.

Edited, May 11th 2009 12:45pm by Eryvinim
____________________________
Eryvinim - Shiva - 75War/75Mnk
100+3 Alchemy
#4 May 11 2009 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
**
359 posts
Ya work on getting Swift Belt that should probably be your #1 priority.



Edited, May 11th 2009 6:05pm by OrsonBastokChampion
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#5 May 11 2009 at 11:13 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,263 posts
bsphil wrote:
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.everything.
fix'd.

The difference between Life Belt and Potent Belt is so tiny and inmeasurable that it's most logical to use the cheaper one.

Now if only I can convince the DRK forum of this fact.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#6 May 12 2009 at 12:45 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Hmm, I've always seen Potent as being OK for SAM and BLU because of their respective Big Threes, but fair enough.

For WAR, and for DRG, and for DRK, and for any other job under the sun*, Life>Potent


*Unless you're a MNK or a ranged attacker. Then you have different belts anyway.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#7 May 12 2009 at 3:22 AM Rating: Good
**
389 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Hmm, I've always seen Potent as being OK for SAM and BLU because of their respective Big Threes, but fair enough.

For WAR, and for DRG, and for DRK, and for any other job under the sun*, Life>Potent


For BLU yes. For SAM, Warwolf.
#8 May 12 2009 at 3:26 AM Rating: Excellent
I'd love to augment a lifebelt and get +2str. That'd stick it to the DRKs.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#9 May 12 2009 at 3:27 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
wyrmnax wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
Hmm, I've always seen Potent as being OK for SAM and BLU because of their respective Big Threes, but fair enough.

For WAR, and for DRG, and for DRK, and for any other job under the sun*, Life>Potent


For BLU yes. For SAM, Warwolf.
Good point.


Mojo wrote:
I'd love to augment a lifebelt and get +2str. That'd stick it to the DRKs.
I think someone on the BLU boards actually did this. Will check and get back to ya. (EDIT: it was indeed STR+2)

Edited, May 12th 2009 11:28am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#10 May 12 2009 at 3:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Wow... I may start spamming that until I get one...
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#11 May 12 2009 at 4:51 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,632 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Now if only I can convince the DRK forum of this fact.
Most of 'em get it. Even the ones that don't still accept that Potent is not so far and away that choosing between the two is going to make or break their builds.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 May 12 2009 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Monsieur MojoVIII wrote:
Wow... I may start spamming that until I get one...


Life belt on my server is still 30k. How many tries would it take before you said "F it, I jsut wasted x gil?"
____________________________
Want to know what I am listening to? Click here for my Zune Profile!
lolgaxe wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
WARs do what they do best.

Provoke the foe and break it in half.
Coincidentally, that's how I met my wife.
#13 May 12 2009 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,263 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Now if only I can convince the DRK forum of this fact.
Most of 'em get it. Even the ones that don't still accept that Potent is not so far and away that choosing between the two is going to make or break their builds.
Stupid gigasnail. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#14 May 12 2009 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
LordMnementh wrote:
Monsieur MojoVIII wrote:
Wow... I may start spamming that until I get one...


Life belt on my server is still 30k. How many tries would it take before you said "F it, I jsut wasted x gil?"


Half of one.


And potent looks like a wrestling belt. If belts appeared on your character, I know what I'd pick.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#15 May 12 2009 at 9:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Mojo wrote:
And potent looks like a wrestling belt. If belts appeared on your character, I know what I'd pick.


Screenshot


Edited, May 13th 2009 1:19am by Solrain
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#16 May 12 2009 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
bsphil wrote:
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.
Maybe I'm still too blitzed, but why did you say great axe specifically...
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY **** GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#17 May 13 2009 at 3:21 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,263 posts
RedshiftOnPandy wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.
Maybe I'm still too blitzed, but why did you say great axe specifically...
Cuz people dun use axez nemoar olololol.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#18 May 13 2009 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
RedshiftOnPandy wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.
Maybe I'm still too blitzed, but why did you say great axe specifically...
Cuz people dun use axez nemoar olololol.
I'm not of this world again, but if only that were true...
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY **** GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#19 May 13 2009 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
RedshiftOnPandy wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Unaugmented life belt is already worth using over potent for g.axe.
Maybe I'm still too blitzed, but why did you say great axe specifically...
fSTR
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#20 May 13 2009 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,804 posts
Is there really not that much difference between 3STR and 2acc for WS?
I know if I was presented the option in other slots, I'd pick 3STR. Or are we not talking about WS here?
____________________________
Mazmaz
Fenrir - San d'oria - Rank 9
75WAR/NIN (TP/WS)
Merits


bsphil wrote:
I suppose I could also call it "smallifying numberitude" but that sounds incredibly gay. Like, milich youtube playlist gay.
#21 May 13 2009 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Considering he said he is working on getting a swift belt which would trump both, I'd say TP.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (19)