Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Adaberk vs. AresberkFollow

#1 May 09 2009 at 11:43 PM Rating: Good
It's late and this one guy is taking forever to get to camp and this question flashed across my mind. You can only have one! But which? Desire for item, prestige of item, or usefulness of item are all fair game.

I should probably give this thread a rail from which to de-.

Too bad I'm wasted and that's how I got tricked into meriting! Happy hunting!
____________________________
There are two kinds of people in FFXI, those doing the laughing and those who don't know what's funny.
#2 May 09 2009 at 11:47 PM Rating: Good
**
359 posts
Only 1, Ares's Cuirass 100% it's way more useful for a multitude of jobs. Adaberk is probably overall a bit easier to gear around but it can only be used for 3 jobs max.

Edited, May 10th 2009 12:47am by OrsonBastokChampion
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#3 May 10 2009 at 12:11 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
obligatory note that einherjar has made adaberk obtainable for all players.

beyond that, if i were a WAR i think i'd take adaberk. yeah. (shrug)
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#4 May 10 2009 at 5:02 AM Rating: Decent
**
399 posts
Adaberk for TP, most WS
Ares for Steel Cyclone, one hit WS or Nyzul

That's about it. However, if I can only pick one, I pick Ares's (kinda already did: have ares, no ebody) just because of how ridiculous king camping is unless you're in a LS with a mega bot. How random Einherjar can be + so dependent on having 30+ people rather than 20+ and ability (Unless you get really lucky). Salvage on the other hand, takes skills and strategy, not numbers.

Ebody - sign of any ****** that can bot
Ares - sign of a true player with skills and dedication

Even if Ebody is statistically better for most situations.



ps. and this is everything that is wrong with the game.

pps. lol @ rate down from **** hurt ebody owners. Sorry for pointing out that 5-6 year old event requires no skill at all.

Edited, May 11th 2009 8:57am by TheSecretOfHorutoto
#5 May 10 2009 at 5:22 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm a pretty dedicated war player. I don't think I'll level another DD for a good while, although I've enjoyed low level sam. So E.Body for me, just because I'd get better use out of it.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#6 May 10 2009 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
****
4,906 posts
Ebody is better for mamools and above. Ares is only really good for DRG (if they don't need Aurum for 6 hit), DRG/BLU soloing and for PLD it's a toss up (with ballads and refresh you don't need more refresh on anything).

Edited, May 10th 2009 1:12pm by RedshiftOnPandy
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#7 May 10 2009 at 9:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Ares' easily, because I have DRG.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 May 10 2009 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
**
389 posts
Ebody:

-Best tp body for war and drk
-Best WS piece for Rampage, Raging Rush or King's Justice


Abody

-Best WS piece for Steel Cyclone
-Best TP piece for DRG
-Has use on both WAR and DRK, but is surpassed by a hauby +1 on tp


Truth be told, it depends more on the jobs you use than the piece itself.
#9 May 10 2009 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
bsphil wrote:
Ares' easily, because I have DRG.
DERG.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#10 May 10 2009 at 10:28 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Ares' easily, because I have DRG.
DERG.
NO U!


On topic, E.Body is clearly better because it has Accuracy on it. Lots and lots of lovely jubbley Accuracy. The thing has enough DD force behind it to sink a battleship. I'd still take Ares because I'm a DRG like Phil, but THIS IS WARRIOR FORUM so E.Body wins by default.

also,
Quote:
Abody
Strictly speaking, A.Body is Dalmatica...

Edited, May 10th 2009 6:30pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#11 May 10 2009 at 12:49 PM Rating: Good
**
456 posts
Well I really wish I could have both cause I'm in the process of leveling Drg but Adaberk is just so **** awesome. I'm tied for first in my Einherjar shell for E body so hopefully I get lucky here really soon. It's going to be sad though when I have Adaberk and no Byakkos ************** my screwy play schedule.
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#12 May 10 2009 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
**
399 posts
KWileyStyle wrote:
Well I really wish I could have both cause I'm in the process of leveling Drg but Adaberk is just so **** awesome. I'm tied for first in my Einherjar shell for E body so hopefully I get lucky here really soon. It's going to be sad though when I have Adaberk and no Byakkos ************** my screwy play schedule.

Now you can do Einherjar AND get an Ares's Cuirass!
Too bad DRG can't use it :(. What a mistake.
#13 May 10 2009 at 3:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
845 posts
If you had to choose 1 as a War, E Body is the easy choice.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?166652
War
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?13913
Nin

Guranimol 75 War Nin Rng Blu
Cerberus GAL Rnk10 BAS
#14 May 10 2009 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,500 posts
E.body just because blue war looks so freaking cool(in before it's purple)

And for those with Drg(or leveling it) if you are going to spend that much money and effort for Ares why don't replace it with Askar for a while until you can get Aurum which is clearly superior for most(all?) Polearms?

Sincerely.

Ken.

P.D. IMHO Askar is just rare hard to come by ****, idle body for Pld's at best.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#15 May 10 2009 at 6:49 PM Rating: Excellent
**
456 posts
I want Ares on Drg for soloing. Thats what I mostly plan on using it for and having the refresh would really help in doing some of the tougher solos. In parties I would be fine with using Askar if I didnt have Ares, but having Ares for Drg solo would just be awesome.

I just cant wait to be a big, purplish/blue Galka!
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#16 May 10 2009 at 8:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
359 posts
Just a few things Hauby+1 does not out do Ares Body unless you have like 0 merits. In most situations if you're properly merited Ares is as good for damage as E.Body. The place E.body really shines is on most HNMs and other higher evasion mobs.

Secondly a toss up for Pld? Refresh, HP, MP, high Def/Vit, and high Str/Att. It is the best idle body for Pld by a long shot. How can you too much refresh?
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#17 May 10 2009 at 8:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
Just a few things Hauby+1 does not out do Ares Body unless you have like 0 merits. In most situations if you're properly merited Ares is as good for damage as E.Body. The place E.body really shines is on most HNMs and other higher evasion mobs.

Secondly a toss up for Pld? Refresh, HP, MP, high Def/Vit, and high Str/Att. It is the best idle body for Pld by a long shot. How can you too much refresh?


"properly merited" means "cap ACC everywhere" now i see.

(sarcasm aside, 16ACC vs 6STR 17ATT, the former will win if ACC is uncapped. rough justification: 1ACC is about as good as 3ATT, and 1STR is about as good as 2ATT. 16*3 is 48. 6*2+17 is 29. going to adaman, it's 22ACC vs 2STR 11ATT. unless ACC caps--and even if you go a bit over--adaman is the easy winner. aggressor would have something to say to all this, but still i think adaberk will be doing more for you everywhere except bird camp--and at bird camp if you're not "properly merited")
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#18 May 10 2009 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
Just a few things Hauby+1 does not out do Ares Body unless you have like 0 merits. In most situations if you're properly merited Ares is as good for damage as E.Body. The place E.body really shines is on most HNMs and other higher evasion mobs.
if you think so, you have no idea of how the damage works in this game, 24 attack are at best 5~% increased DoT but you know what ares is just 9 attack above E.body which accounts at best for 1.3~% DoT.

E.body on the other hand gives you 22.5 accuracy which returns at least 13.4% DoT on non caped situations.

Capped accuracy you said?

a) You are on birds in which case change to polearm and tier the things apart, it will be a far better trade than 9 attack and 2 Str

or...

b) You are eyeballing and your impressions need to be corrected by some real data, my recommendation start using this.

Either case not just E.body but a cheap hauby will over damage Ares easily.

OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
Secondly a toss up for Pld? Refresh, HP, MP, high Def/Vit, and high Str/Att. It is the best idle body for Pld by a long shot. How can you too much refresh?
Aside the fact that Pld matters should be discussed in Pld's forums that's why I said it's a nice idle body for Pld, and I said just "nice" because if you need tp for atonement Homam corazza or Hauby will be far better than Ares(12~15 acc >>>>> 24 att everywhere on EndGame), however as well there are multitude of situations where Refresh will be more desirable and Ares is the indisputable champion there, but again for War Ares isn't anything more than a good looking toy.

Sincerely.

Ken.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#19 May 11 2009 at 5:13 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
Probably would only use Ares on PLD when soloing, every HNM would rather melee in Homam body (or haubergeon +1) for Atonement TP. Don't bring up DEF/VIT as a strength to Ares for PLD /sigh

Edited, May 11th 2009 9:14am by RedshiftOnPandy
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#20 May 11 2009 at 6:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,620 posts
E.Body is easily the best. Ares might have slightly more STR/att on it, but almost anything you do thats of importance, you ACC is'nt capped.

Most ppl don't have the chance to go after both bodies, and imo, camping kings and Salvage will take you a long long time to get either body pieces, so if your serious about getting one of them, do the event (or events) that you enjoy the most because neither one will happen by chance like a Dyna drop or suming.

If you do get/wear Ares, the ACC can be made up else where, and its still a powerful body piece for whatever job you wear it for.

12STR is a ~3.2% Increase in Base Dmg, 30Att (going from say 450 to 480) raises DoT by 6.67%, meaning Ares is a ~10% addition to your DMG, which is no joke.

The real sad thing about it is however, unless you can match the lost ACC up from Hauby, and you Acc Is 89% or below, Hauby will equal Ares as a TP piece, the lower you ACC then gets, Haub overtakes Ares.
____________________________
Taking a break.
#21 May 11 2009 at 12:30 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
Sandmasterr wrote:
30Att (going from say 450 to 480) raises DoT by 6.67%
It's a 6.67% increase in ATK, but not damage. pDIF says so
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#22 May 11 2009 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Calculating it as just an Attack increase isn't accurate, to be sure, but then again I do it myself when I can't be bothered to perform calculations for cRatio and just want to lowball a rough estimate.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#23 May 11 2009 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
RedshiftOnPandy wrote:
Sandmasterr wrote:
30Att (going from say 450 to 480) raises DoT by 6.67%
It's a 6.67% increase in ATK, but not damage. pDIF says so


cRatio says so too; level correction makes the biggest difference here.

since,

30/450 = 6.67%, sure, but

450/327-.35 = 1.026
480/327-.35 = 1.117
and .091/1.026 = 8.86%

vs EM, ATTincrease/baseATT is about the DoT increase, but once mobs are higher, you really need to add level correction. i mean, look at the same increase vs kirin:

450/413-.85 = .239
480/413-.85 = .312
.073/.239 = 30.5%

nonetheless, adaman is almost always better as sandmasterr asserted.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#24 May 11 2009 at 4:20 PM Rating: Default
**
359 posts
There's a difference between using a calculator and reality. Many times in merits you're people are over capped on acc. I'm around +80% acc without agg up and with agg fully merited I'm at around +90% acc all but 1:10 min. Not only that if you party with a good group of people you should be using hasso 90% of the time. Again I'm not eyeballing anything in most situations (not HNM) Ares vs E.body is a minuscule difference in damage. To say that a NQ Hauby would out damage an Ares's Body is ludicrous.

The thing is the main reason to use Ares's Cuirass on War is to use a Rune Chopper build. Here are examples of the different builds:

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=5065

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=5068

Ok now that I've illustrated the fact the builds are very close. Which is easier to achieve? Obviously I know optimally the max haste e.body build will the edge because of Perdu's base damage, I'm not stupid but HQ haste gear like Dusk and Unicorn is incredibly expensive. Thus with Ares's Cuirass not only you have an awesome body for many jobs you also have the ability to cap out haste very easily. Ya you could argue that you can just use e.body and get a Rdm to refresh you but most won't and you shouldn't expect them to be able to in most situations.

The thing is really the option is only one I just think Ares's is really the useful outta the two and easier to build around. E.Body is something as War you definitely strive it's an excellent piece.


Edited, May 11th 2009 5:52pm by OrsonBastokChampion
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#25 May 11 2009 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
Quote:
Quote:
30Att (going from say 450 to 480) raises DoT by 6.67%

It's a 6.67% increase in ATK, but not damage. pDIF says so


I actually used colibri (w/o lvl cor) to calculate it, should have noted. I didn't realize however, how much of a gain 30Att can be on mobs with higher defense (one of those things that should be obvious to anyone). Nice post Pahn.

It Just goes to show that things really are not black or white in just about anything we do.

If you find yourself fighting a mob that Isn't particularly evasive, but has bags of defense (PLD's), guess which body piece will own.


EDIT: Also, 2 years ago, we did'nt have the magnitude of sidegrades that we have available now (Presumably this trend will continue too). Its good to make a variety of builds, for example, just becasue you buy a Cuchulain's Mantle, doesn't mean you should sell your Amemet/Foragers Mantle.







Edited, May 12th 2009 12:33am by Sandmasterr
____________________________
Taking a break.
#26 May 11 2009 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
People that make decisions solely on one event make me sad.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#27 May 11 2009 at 5:13 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
To say that a NQ Hauby would out damage an Ares's Body is ludicrous.
It's always the problem when someone spend 12 millions on a piece just to discover that isn't as great as they thought.

As I said in the other post the thing with Rune Chopper is the real % in which you can keep the latent activated, only @100% it will come close to Perdu, to be fair, giving that Perdu user is firing the WS as soon as he passes 100 tp.

But even there it doesn't change anything between Hauby and Ares both bodies will work more or less same for tp, now if don't have a Pld leveled, what is the point to waste 12 millions on a body that works more or less the same as 200k piece?

Sincerely.

Ken.

P.D. Disclaimer: indeed there are situations where Ares will out damage hauby for an interesting margin(2-3% DoT), my problem with Ares is the cost/benefit ratio, isn't anything less than terrible, even to the point where you are getting a situational piece for 10+ millions, there are many other upgrades that can be done with less than half of that price and with much better results.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#28 May 11 2009 at 5:43 PM Rating: Default
**
359 posts
With Ares's Cuirass, Sanction Refresh, Ethereal Earring, and a few mp merits you will have Rune Chopper active very close to 100% of the time. Also yes I definitely other jobs that use Ares so it is worth far more to me than other people. The thing is I'm next up in my LS for getting E.body but I won't be using it in most situations because I'm already out parsing most E.body Wars with a similar level of gear quality as me. Unless an e.body War has 22% haste or more and full merits they won't out parse me.

Edited, May 11th 2009 6:45pm by OrsonBastokChampion
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#29 May 11 2009 at 6:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
I'm already out parsing most E.body Wars with a similar level of gear quality as me. Unless an e.body War has 22% haste or more and full merits they won't out parse me.

I would really hope that anyone who has the ability to choose between an Ares Body and an E. Body would know that outparsing other players is irrelevant. The question is whether you will outparse yourself.
#30 May 11 2009 at 6:14 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Caesura wrote:
Quote:
I'm already out parsing most E.body Wars with a similar level of gear quality as me. Unless an e.body War has 22% haste or more and full merits they won't out parse me.

I would really hope that anyone who has the ability to choose between an Ares Body and an E. Body would know that outparsing other players is irrelevant. The question is whether you will outparse yourself.
I hope I could be like that eloquent =D

Ken.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#31 May 11 2009 at 7:04 PM Rating: Decent
**
359 posts
Parsing does prove a lot if you're consistent in how you do it.
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#32 May 11 2009 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
Parsing does prove a lot if you're consistent in how you do it.
The problem I have with your statement is this:

1) A guy and B guy go to a merit party together.
2) A guy is wearing C gear, and B guy is wearing D gear.
3) A guy win the parse therefore C gear is better than D gear.

Sounds logical though, however is plain W R O N G !, because a parse between 2 ppl implicate to many variables that have nothing to do with C or D gear and directly affect the parse result(food, play stile, afk time, level of attention, etc) for this reason something like "I out parse god wearing the shroud of turin" means nothing while comparing gear, where math(as we have said many times) is the ultimate word.

If we can agree on that it's worth to keep disusing, if not let's just say that you don't understand what parses are for.

Ken.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#33 May 11 2009 at 8:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Quote:
There's a difference between using a calculator and reality.


true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD FUCKING ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY SHIT

on a more a direct note, there is no difference between using a calculator and playing ffxi, as long as you have all the information (mob stats). parses differ because of sample size, aggressiveness, etc, but if you swing enough times with 80% ACC, you hit 80% of your hits. math seems like magic to you, but it's not. you'd be totally fucked if math stopped working.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#34 May 11 2009 at 8:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
milich wrote:
Quote:
There's a difference between using a calculator and reality.


true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD FUCKING ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY SHIT
oh god lol
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#35 May 11 2009 at 9:14 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,620 posts
Quote:
With Ares's Cuirass, Sanction Refresh, Ethereal Earring, and a few mp merits you will have Rune Chopper active very close to 100% of the time. Also yes I definitely other jobs that use Ares so it is worth far more to me than other people. The thing is I'm next up in my LS for getting E.body but I won't be using it in most situations because I'm already out parsing most E.body Wars with a similar level of gear quality as me. Unless an e.body War has 22% haste or more and full merits they won't out parse me.


Don't really know where to start with this. Its not that I disagree with everything you say, its that you are obviously so 1-sided opinionated that it won't matter what anyone else says, if it does'nt agree with you, you won't accept it.

Take Perdu VS Rune. Perdu's extra Base DMG alone is a 9.1% dmg increase over Rune's, thats especially more important in ws's.

To Make RC work, you need a situation like this.

Turban, Haidate, Swift, Dusk hands, Hasso, Haste spell, Double Marches, Rune chopper = 70% haste. Thats a would mean the haste from RC increases DoT by 26.67%. WS DMG would be less. Even then however, Hauby or E.Body would be better unless if you got refresh spell. Ares + sanction = 2(if im wrong, and Ares refresh is 2, then RC owns big time with it), you still need 1 more tick. Ethereal means ****

You seem to severly underestimate ACC. Haste & ACC give some of the biggest melee gains in the game. they are both very depenbdant on each other tho.

E.Bodies ACC going from 84%-95% ACC = 13.1% DMG
E.Bodies ACC going from 79%-90% ACC = 14% DMG

E.Body still gives 10STR for Base dmg + some pDIF ontop just for lulz.

Adaberk is that **** good.

(Again, that does'nt mean you can't build a set around Ares, because ofcourse you can, Ares is a power house body piece, E.Body is just hte ultimate alrounder.)
____________________________
Taking a break.
#36 May 11 2009 at 9:16 PM Rating: Decent
**
359 posts
Ken, I understand what you're saying about variables in parsing. Parsing with people you know that have similar gear, play style and are getting the same buffs over an extremely long sample sizes over multiple parses can really provide good data to show damage. I'm not saying parsing 100% accurate at all but you need to acknowledge the fact that it does provide some decent comparison even between other players if the gaps are big enough.

Quote:
true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD @#%^ING ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY sh*t


You take one thing I said and took it out of context. People were calculating damage in FFXI it isn't just a straight (2+2)/3-7, etc. There's a load of different variables in FFXI. To sit there and say X is better in every situation than Y in FFXI without taking into those variables will not necessarily bring you to the same conclusion.

Finally yes Sandmaster you definitely need haste/march*2/hasso to make the difference in damage far bigger. If you don't have those things you're probably not going to be doing your best damage with either e.body or ares's. Ethereal earring does not mean ****, it and a small amount of down time between kills easily keeps the latent active 100%.

Anyways I'm kinda tired of arguing the merits of an Ares's Body over E.Body so people can take what they wish from what I say or ignore it since it's not the norm.

Edited, May 11th 2009 11:09pm by OrsonBastokChampion
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#37 May 11 2009 at 9:28 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
Quote:
true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD @#%^ING ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY sh*t


You take one thing I said and took it out of context. People were calculating damage in FFXI it isn't just a straight (2+2)/3-7, etc. There's a load of different variables in FFXI. To sit there and say X is better in every situation than Y in FFXI without taking into those variables will not necessarily bring you to the same conclusion.

Edited, May 11th 2009 10:17pm by OrsonBastokChampion
Variability meet probability. Very rarely will we say that X is better in every situation than Y, but not for the reason you said.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#38 May 11 2009 at 9:35 PM Rating: Good
**
359 posts
bsphil wrote:
Variability meet probability. Very rarely will we say that X is better in every situation than Y, but not for the reason you said.


It was when people are just calculating Ares's Cuirass' vs E.Body stats without taking into account anything else.
____________________________
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?92889
#39 May 11 2009 at 9:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,500 posts
OrsonBastokChampion wrote:
You take one thing I said and took it out of context. People were calculating damage in FFXI it isn't just a straight (2+2)/3-7, etc. There's a load of different variables in FFXI. To sit there and say X is better in every situation than Y in FFXI without taking into those variables will not necessarily bring you to the same conclusion.
Sorry for the hearth breaking news but yes ffxi is straight 2+2/3-7=-5.66666666666666, there are other variables, yes that's true but you can take them into account as well, now before you keep going with your empirical interpretation of the game, why don't you take the time and make the math to probe your point pal.

Ken.
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#40 May 11 2009 at 10:52 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
It's a game, it's built on math. People sucking is just experimental error.

Edited, May 12th 2009 2:53am by RedshiftOnPandy
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#41 May 11 2009 at 11:11 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
ENTROPY GO!

Except entropy dosn't occour in FFXI, because it has to ahear to the mathematics it's based on.


Milich wrote:
true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD ******* ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY SHIT
LOL
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#42 May 12 2009 at 12:42 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
#43 May 12 2009 at 3:35 AM Rating: Excellent
**
389 posts
Ares vs hauby suffers from the Juggernaught Syndrome:

"It costs 20 times more! It MUST be better"

Sad thing is no, for the most part it isnt better.
#44 May 12 2009 at 4:48 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
RedshiftOnPandy wrote:
It's a game, it's built on math.
Some people will simply not accept this simple truth. They're also usually the ones that will try to justify using Jaridah Peti at 75 by saying they're "highly skilled" players.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#45 May 12 2009 at 7:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
milich wrote:
Quote:
There's a difference between using a calculator and reality.


true story: one day i pressed 1+1 into my trusty windows calculator, and it said the sum was 2. i did it out longhand to confirm, and sure enough i arrived at the same answer. i then went outside to have a cigarette (as i often do after doing math on the computer, usually for ffxi posts/conversations). i saw a child riding down the street toward my house on a bike. i looked the other way down the street and saw a second child riding toward my house. as the both of them got nearer to each other and converged into my field of vision suddenly there were SEVEN CHILDREN! THEN I FOUND MYSELF NO LONGER HELD DOWN BY GRAVITY AND THE WORLD FUCKING ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE HOLY SHIT


I want to sig this, Please can I have sig this..

I couldn't work for 5 minutes, i was laughing too hard.


Quote:
It was when people are just calculating Ares's Cuirass' vs E.Body stats without taking into account anything else.


They did go over it. With capped haste rune chopper build will be hot, but not because of Ares Body. Ares Body will not do better than Adaberk, or even Hauberk +1 if acc is not capped or close to it. There are a lot of situations in game where Ares would be better, but not in anything serious that people generally care about.

Edited, May 12th 2009 11:28am by LordMnementh
____________________________
Want to know what I am listening to? Click here for my Zune Profile!
lolgaxe wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
WARs do what they do best.

Provoke the foe and break it in half.
Coincidentally, that's how I met my wife.
#46 May 12 2009 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
That'd make a looong sig... Go for it, it'll annoy admins.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#47 May 12 2009 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
*****
15,264 posts
Did we get onto how people manage to magically cap Acc without a Hauberkeon +1?

Those people are my favourite. Smiley: sly
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#48 May 12 2009 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,906 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Did we get onto how people manage to magically cap Acc without a Hauberkeon +1?

Those people are my favourite. Smiley: sly
These are people that brag about capped acc at birds with madrigal.
____________________________
MojoVIII wrote:
Sweet! I love being sigged
Spoonless wrote:
HOLY CRAP GIGANTIC SIG.

Caitsith
WAR excel sheet for damage calculations.
Advanced Spellcast Script for WAR.

Retired - sold 200m
#49 May 12 2009 at 4:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Did we get onto how people manage to magically cap Acc without a Hauberkeon +1?

Those people are my favourite. Smiley: sly
Cuz they has meritz duh!
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#50 May 12 2009 at 5:11 PM Rating: Excellent
I has meritz!

/brag
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#51 May 12 2009 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Math has destroyed yet has somehow bettered my FFXI experience.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 5 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (5)