srsly. If you are going to watchmen you expect to see a lot of male nudity, just accept it and try enjoy the film.
1)A beauty to look at, with a modern feel given to classic style superhero comic outfits, that I felt really made the whole thing look better on screen then a direct translation would have.
2) Lovely juxtaposition (love being sesquipadalial) of origional artwork and storyboard, with familiar panels allover the place. Although I suppose that is typical of Sneider's(sp?) work...
3) A nice take on the storyline, with some appropriate omissions IMO and some changes that I wont ruin, but that I felt added to it.
1) Actress of Laurie reminded me of Maggie Gillenhall. And I @#%^ing hate that woman. And she was appalling.
2) A wholly unbelievable Veidt, with an occasionally German accent, hideous face and clear failings in portraying the character.
3) Soundtrack.... Oh god the soundtrack.... 99 red balloons??? seriously??? and flight of the valkries for the vietnam scene? That was pathetic. And spoiled an awesome scene that was screaming for some dramatic, not clichéd music to suit the mood of the shooting...
4) Would have like more on some of the minor characters, but was happy enough and understand their needed omission.
Loved the dream scene between Dan and Laurie, thought that looked really good.
Loved the mars stuff, but not the way he so directly makes her remember, instead of coaxing it out of her. It's as if they thought "how can we lose 5 mins? We'll just have John able to zap her in the face with his magic juice teeheeeheee
and she'll see time? Cool. We got this."
Thought the love scene was needlessly graphic. Not against that kind of thing really, but it was a bit grotesque, and it's quite a subtle thing in the comic, with the fire gag...
Thought it was as good an adaptation as the director could manage given cast, and wasn't blown away, but wasn't disappointed.
Edit I stole that picture from someone. I forget who. No one in the war forum I don't think... Edited, Mar 13th 2009 5:51am by MojoVIII