Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Pimp my BLMFollow

#1 May 22 2009 at 5:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
172 posts
I've come to accept the fact that I'm just going to be wanted on my BLM for basically everything so I need to dust my collection of gear off and update it for 2009. Most of my gear is from when I quit in 2005.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the best path to upgrade as I can't afford to do everything at once, and I want to get the most useful upgrades first.

I have all HQ staffs except for Water and Light. Have been unable to find a group for Rostrum Pumps but hoping to be able to soon. Same with Ugg pendant, though I guess I could just buy that.

Currently I have about 1m available and can raise gil at about 100k/h or with ENM/BCNM, etc...

Idle set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=66948
Planned upgrade: Jelly Ring

Elemental set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=83710

Dark set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=83711

Mind set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=67494

Black Enfeeble set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=66953

White Enfeeble set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=83708

Really appreciate any suggestions you may have for how to go about upgrading.
#2 May 22 2009 at 6:06 AM Rating: Excellent
19 posts
Instead of Rostrum Pumps, look into Yigit Crackows, an assault reward. Ever since I got mine the only thing I use Rostrums for is to proc my sorc ring. Also, could try for Goliard Clogs from Nyzul, which I use for high resistant mobs.

Some black mages I know use the campaign reward Cobra Crackows, but I personally would go for Yigits if starting with no points in either campaign or assault. I think all these would be better and easier to obtain than Rostrums, which isn't done much anymore that I see.

Edited, May 22nd 2009 10:07am by siiritheblm
#3 May 22 2009 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
*
132 posts
You've got the basics more or less down, so I'd go about getting the last few pieces you need to round off your sets (for example, I noticed you're missing Yigit crackows and Goliard clogs, and did not provide us with an MAB nuking set to look at.)

One thing you could focus on is completing your speciality gear (I don't know if you have Pendant, obis, etc.). Sea is a very good place for BLMs in terms of both gear, as well as being a starting ground for working on your solo skills.

Another thing you might want to do is to start fine tuning your setups.

What I mean by that is that you look like you are carrying around a lot of rather redundant gear which takes up space that could've been used for other things. It may not matter now, but it's something to consider down the road.

Take for example, your MND set- stacking MND is great if you want to Elemental Seal a Slow onto a mob, but realistically speaking, what is the point of having 61+70 MND? We use MND primarily for Stoneskin, which caps out at 114MND (assuming your Enhancing magic is capped), so what real purpose does the extra 17MND you're carrying around serve?

Lastly, some shameless advertising on my part, but I've written about BLM gear before. You may want to check out my blog post regarding gear over here.

Hope that helps! ^^
____________________________
The Bloggaru Network!
Visit the bloggaru! http://tuufless.blogspot.com
Looking for a campsite? http://campsitarus.blogspot.com
#4 May 22 2009 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
****
7,899 posts
Rostrum pumps are no longer worth getting.

Sorc ring + latent gear should be a high priority. Higher than whitebox gear.

Your elemental skill build isn't enough to land spells on anything harder than fafnir.

Why mahatma instead of tonban in dark set? Why tonban instead of lappa in idle set? Assuming the SCH hat is a mistake, lol.

Where's your hMP gear?

Getting into a decent linkshell and getting some R/EX gear should be a higher priority. The AH can only buy you so much. It can buy you an enfeebling torque, though. Solo some limbus or join a ls to upgrade your hands and body. Try to find a ZNM shell and get oracles stuff. Dynamis for hat/hands/belt/legs. Nyzul 20 for goliard feet and halvung assaults for yigit (don't need a ls for that). Merciful/altruistic capes aren't too hard to get, just low droprate.

That's all relatively easy and excluding long-term goals like herald's gaiters, novio, etc. You seem to be looking for things to buy off of the AH, but that won't get you very far at all. Almost everything good is from endgame.
#5 May 22 2009 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
172 posts
HMP set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=83850

I fixed the pants on drk set, that was just an error. I use drk pants on idle set just cause it doesn't have negative stats. I could change it if the -3 emnity is worth it.

Sea does seem to be where all the good sh*t is but I have not completed Sea yet. My top priority right now is setting up my CoP static to get all the Sea stuff.

Far as shoes, I will go get those assault pieces, they seem pretty good. If I can get a Rostrum run is it worth it just for the fastcast if I end up being able to get the Assault feet before it?

Also, the MAB nuking set is something I don't have. Would this be replacing something like my glove with int or MAB instead of elemental skill?

As far as the MND set, I will get rid of redundant stuff. I didn't know about the MND cap on stoneskin. Any other redundant items I can cut out? Would it be worth carrying an Enhancing Torque for Stoneskin? I'm leveling RDM so probably will get it anyway. Also, thanks for the gear link, I will take a look at it.

One last thing, are Zenith Mitts worth getting?

Anyway, thanks for all the help, looking forward to having an updated and proper set of gear soon. ^^

Edited, May 23rd 2009 2:05am by omeed

Edited, May 23rd 2009 2:09am by omeed
#6 May 22 2009 at 11:17 PM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
omeed wrote:
Also, the MAB nuking set is something I don't have. Would this be replacing something like my glove with int or MAB instead of elemental skill?

skill does exactly nothing on things like puddings, so yes, any amount of int/mab would be better than skill. you just want to use enough skill to get a capped, or near capped land rate, and then get as much int/mab as possible.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#7 May 23 2009 at 6:11 AM Rating: Good
*
214 posts
mind if i ask a question? what is whitebox gear? i've seen this referred to b4 but not sure what it means.
____________________________
bodhi the blm (blu now too)
the most cynical, sarcastic, bastard sylph has to offer

[ffxisig]92926[/ffxisig]
#8 May 23 2009 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
what is whitebox gear?


HQ gear. Mahatma slops woud be whitebox errant.
____________________________
90RDM/90BLM/90WHM/90NIN/90MNK
#9 May 23 2009 at 10:17 AM Rating: Excellent
*
214 posts
thank you
____________________________
bodhi the blm (blu now too)
the most cynical, sarcastic, bastard sylph has to offer

[ffxisig]92926[/ffxisig]
#10 May 23 2009 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
**
571 posts
I have no idea how much +elem skill blms need for various HNMs, but just playing around with ffxigear.com for fun.


elemental skill + m.acc setup:

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=6475

Elemental magic skill +58
Magical Accuracy +17
INT +23 (w/o food)
+ Ice grip


I think "+58 elem skill" and "+17 m.acc from gear" + "elemental grip" should be enough to land spells reliably on most HNMs :)
#11 May 23 2009 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
172 posts
My goal isn't really HNM though. Currently I am beginning to solo a lot on BLM, I'm doing solo ENM, I do Dynamis twice a week and hoping to do Limbus when I get Sea access. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
#12 May 23 2009 at 4:53 PM Rating: Excellent
*
62 posts
Quote:
One last thing, are Zenith Mitts worth getting?


Yes, Zenith will be you main nuking hand piece til you can get a hold of a pair Morri cuffs. If you just can't get a lolgenbu group together Vicious Mufflers offer the same MAB w/o the mp.
#13 May 23 2009 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
****
7,899 posts
Genbu triggers are harder than Genbu, tbh
#14 May 25 2009 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
331 posts
Quote:
Rostrum pumps are no longer worth getting.

Sorc ring + latent gear should be a high priority. Higher than whitebox gear.


Rostrum are still useful for hitting latent, especially for elf and galka.
#15 May 26 2009 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
Quote:
Rostrum pumps are no longer worth getting.

Sorc ring + latent gear should be a high priority. Higher than whitebox gear.


Rostrum are still useful for hitting latent, especially for elf and galka.

they're only 5 more hp- than mahatma feet (10 less than errant), which you'll probably carry for stoneskin anyway. it really isn't that hard to activate latent, even as elf/galka. askelipios/astral aspis, zmitts, zcrown, serket ring, black cotehardie, and mahatma feet is all i use, and serket ring can be switched for ether+electrum, and mahatma could be switched for errant+penitents/blue cape/etc. that basically costs what? 100k, some sky abjurations, and a few hours for asklepios/astral aspis?
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#16 May 27 2009 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
331 posts
Quote:
they're only 5 more hp- than mahatma feet (10 less than errant), which you'll probably carry for stoneskin anyway. it really isn't that hard to activate latent, even as elf/galka. askelipios/astral aspis, zmitts, zcrown, serket ring, black cotehardie, and mahatma feet is all i use, and serket ring can be switched for ether+electrum, and mahatma could be switched for errant+penitents/blue cape/etc. that basically costs what? 100k, some sky abjurations, and a few hours for asklepios/astral aspis?


Notice, I never said that they are needed, only that they are useful. There are other choices, you can simply carry around more gear, or you can get Zenith Pumps / Dalmy.

I'm not sure why you listed your convert gear in response to R. Pumps being useful for elvan/galka, you're obviously not either of those races, and if you are, you aren't hitting latent... unless you nuke in very odd gear. If you were an elf, Those -5 HP that are so negligible actually would put you at 75%, assuming you're nuking in P. Rope.
#17 May 28 2009 at 7:19 AM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
Quote:
they're only 5 more hp- than mahatma feet (10 less than errant), which you'll probably carry for stoneskin anyway. it really isn't that hard to activate latent, even as elf/galka. askelipios/astral aspis, zmitts, zcrown, serket ring, black cotehardie, and mahatma feet is all i use, and serket ring can be switched for ether+electrum, and mahatma could be switched for errant+penitents/blue cape/etc. that basically costs what? 100k, some sky abjurations, and a few hours for asklepios/astral aspis?


Notice, I never said that they are needed, only that they are useful. There are other choices, you can simply carry around more gear, or you can get Zenith Pumps / Dalmy.

I'm not sure why you listed your convert gear in response to R. Pumps being useful for elvan/galka, you're obviously not either of those races, and if you are, you aren't hitting latent... unless you nuke in very odd gear. If you were an elf, Those -5 HP that are so negligible actually would put you at 75%, assuming you're nuking in P. Rope.

unfortunately, i am elvaan.

and yes, it definitely does activate latent. base hp is 1059, latent gear brings me to 804 (-255 hp from gear, 1059-255=804). my nuking gear has no +/- except prism, though the back slot doesn't count towards latent (and if it did, it'd only make it easier to activate anyway). 804/1059=75.9206% which is <76%.

and why would you assume i'm a gimp using penitents? Smiley: frown
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#18 May 28 2009 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
Quote:
and why would you assume i'm a gimp using penitents?


Since when did penitent's become gimp, the only other options are witch sash that's retarded expensive for a magic crit that next to never happens or Sorc belt that can be a pain to get if your shell is unlucky or just doesn't do CoP much.

Edited, May 28th 2009 1:10pm by Denmarker

Edited, May 28th 2009 1:11pm by Denmarker
#19 May 28 2009 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,285 posts
Quote:
Since when did penitent's become gimp, the only other options are witch sash that's retarded expensive for a magic crit that next to never happens or Sorc belt that can be a pain to get if your shell is unlucky or just doesn't do CoP much.


I was going to ask the same thing.
#20 May 28 2009 at 10:46 AM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Denmarker wrote:
Since when did penitent's become gimp, the only other options are witch sash that's retarded expensive for a magic crit that next to never happens

it was actually one of the most cost efficient upgrades i could get for my rdm lol. it was sure as hell a lot cheaper than the 3.8m i spent for 1 int/mnd/hmp for mahatma body anyway.

i guess i exaggerated the point a bit, but it was still dumb to just assume i use something that has better alternatives (one that's buyable on the AH no less), especially when it wouldn't make any sense to use said item with the gear i listed. the only way the latent gear i listed could make sense would be if i either didn't use penitent's, or if i was retarded, and either nuked in hp+ gear, or just didn't realize that my latent gear actually didn't activate the latent on my sorc ring. i'm not sure why anyone would assume the latter.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#21 May 28 2009 at 12:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
54 posts
Quote:
the back slot doesn't count towards latent


Wait, what? I get my HP yellow by 1 point, and if I were to take off prism cape it would not be. Does that mean that I'm not actually activating sorc ring?
#22 May 28 2009 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
Quote:
my nuking gear has no +/- except prism, though the back slot doesn't count towards latent


I'm very confused about this line also since you actually can mess up a latent set using Prism cape because the +hp can misslead you depending on what your using meaning your at 75% but sorc ring is not triggered.

Edited, May 28th 2009 4:25pm by Denmarker
#23 May 28 2009 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
tresker wrote:
Quote:
the back slot doesn't count towards latent


Wait, what? I get my HP yellow by 1 point, and if I were to take off prism cape it would not be. Does that mean that I'm not actually activating sorc ring?

you're fine. however you don't actually need to have yellow hp, as it's still active at exactly 75% (which is actually 75%~75.999999999999), while your hp is white. if you're hp is 76% when you take off prism, then no, it's not active.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#24 May 28 2009 at 4:04 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
actually your wrong sorc will only trigger in white if you nuke in converts hp > mp gear if you sit in white without any convert gear at 75% with prism on your not in latent.



Edited, May 28th 2009 8:07pm by Denmarker
#25 May 28 2009 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Denmarker wrote:
actually your wrong sorc will only trigger in white if you nuke in converts hp > mp gear if you sit in white without any convert gear at 75% with prism on your not in latent.

sorry, you're wrong. you need <76%, not <75%.

i suppose i could go nuke at 804 hp (75.9%), and then at 784 (74.03%), if you really want some proof.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#26 May 28 2009 at 4:36 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
You con not be in white hp w/o converts hp > mp gear it just doesn't work if you lack Zenith mitts or an Ixion cape you must be in yellow hp or Sorc ring is not active.
#27 May 28 2009 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Screenshot

Screenshot

happy? or do you also want a video, to prove i didn't just nuke with some hp+ gear on, and then take it off for the ss?

though, while i was wasting my time, you actually made me go "wtf? o.o?" until i nuked again, and realized it was just a magic crit lol.

Edited, May 28th 2009 8:47pm by ThePsychoticOne
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#28 May 28 2009 at 4:57 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
ok you got me if you nuke naked sorc ring will work in white HP, but if your using a Prism cape you do need to be in yellow hp or using convert gear to trigger in the white.

Edited, May 28th 2009 8:57pm by Denmarker
#29 May 28 2009 at 5:01 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Denmarker wrote:
ok you got me if you nuke naked sorc ring will work in white HP, but if your using a Prism cape you do need to be in yellow hp or using convert gear to trigger in the white.

you can if your hp is above liek 900 or so.

Edited, May 28th 2009 9:04pm by ThePsychoticOne
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#30 May 31 2009 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
331 posts
My apologies, I was wrong.

I had assumed that the back and right ring slots having no effect on base HP explained why some people could hit latent at less than 76% instead of less than 75%. When I added up your HP down set-up I used 75% as the cut off and not 76%. As for why I would assume that you wear a P.Rope, I used that piece because it reduces the amount of additional HP- you would need.

As much as I hate to admit that I'm wrong, using <76% does give me some breathing room in my macros to switch around a few things that I didn't like, so thanks! =)

#31 Jun 01 2009 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Quote:
As for why I would assume that you wear a P.Rope, I used that piece because it reduces the amount of additional HP- you would need.

...what? you need more -hp to activate latent if you nuke in penitents. and it's not like i couldn't still use peni for latent if i wanted/needed to...
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#32 Jun 01 2009 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
331 posts
Quote:
...what? you need more -hp to activate latent if you nuke in penitents. and it's not like i couldn't still use peni for latent if i wanted/needed to...


hhmmm

You use -255HP to hit latent
Base HP is 1059
1059 - 255 = 804
804/1059 = 75.9%

You use -255 to hit latent
Base HP is 1039 with P. Rope (if you nuke in it)
1039 - 255 = 784
784/1039 = 75.4%

You, and I really mean you in particular, wouldn't need more HP- gear to hit latent if you nuked in P. Rope. I know what you are getting at by your post, but it doesn't matter. If you nuked in P.Rope it does effectively lower your HP remaining, you've already stated which gear you used to hit latent. Which is why I factored in; it does lower your HP and it's a very common piece.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand, you listed your gear, it looked odd to me, I checked to see what % you were hitting, then factored in the possibility that you were using a common nuking belt, to get that % lower. What I didn't factor in obviously, was that <76% works all the time and not just at 'magic HP' based on how the game rounds.
#33 Jun 01 2009 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
236 posts
Just curious

Is the P.rope part of the gear used to reduce hp 255 points?
____________________________
Jarrin - Ragnarok
#34 Jun 01 2009 at 5:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
331 posts
No.

Quote:
askelipios/astral aspis, zmitts, zcrown, serket ring, black cotehardie, and mahatma feet is all i use


#35 Jun 01 2009 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
Quote:
...what? you need more -hp to activate latent if you nuke in penitents. and it's not like i couldn't still use peni for latent if i wanted/needed to...


hhmmm

You use -255HP to hit latent
Base HP is 1059
1059 - 255 = 804
804/1059 = 75.9%

You use -255 to hit latent
Base HP is 1039 with P. Rope (if you nuke in it)
1039 - 255 = 784
784/1039 = 75.4%

You, and I really mean you in particular, wouldn't need more HP- gear to hit latent if you nuked in P. Rope. I know what you are getting at by your post, but it doesn't matter. If you nuked in P.Rope it does effectively lower your HP remaining, you've already stated which gear you used to hit latent. Which is why I factored in; it does lower your HP and it's a very common piece.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand, you listed your gear, it looked odd to me, I checked to see what % you were hitting, then factored in the possibility that you were using a common nuking belt, to get that % lower. What I didn't factor in obviously, was that <76% works all the time and not just at 'magic HP' based on how the game rounds.

wtf...to get to 784 i need -275, not 255. It really doesn't matter that -20 of it would come from gear i also nuke it. Or else you may as well not count zmitts either?
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#36 Jun 01 2009 at 6:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
331 posts
Quote:
wtf...to get to 784 i need -275, not 255. It really doesn't matter that -20 of it would come from gear i also nuke it. Or else you may as well not count zmitts either?


I can admit when I am wrong, can you? Something with straight -HP acts differently than something with HP -> MP. If someone nukes wearing gear that is straight -HP that number comes off of the total base HP, it does not get added into the covert/ -HP gear set to hit latent, nor is it completely ignored.

Naked Base HP is 1059
Nuking in P. Rope has straight HP -20.
That leaves the base HP at 1039.


If you truly believe that straight -HP on gear that you nuke it does not affect your calculations on hitting latent then well...





#37 Jun 01 2009 at 6:53 PM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
Quote:
wtf...to get to 784 i need -275, not 255. It really doesn't matter that -20 of it would come from gear i also nuke it. Or else you may as well not count zmitts either?


I can admit when I am wrong, can you? Something with straight -HP acts differently than something with HP -> MP. If someone nukes wearing gear that is straight -HP that number comes off of the total base HP, it does not get added into the covert/ -HP gear set to hit latent, nor is it completely ignored.

Naked Base HP is 1059
Nuking in P. Rope has straight HP -20.
That leaves the base HP at 1039.


If you truly believe that straight -HP on gear that you nuke it does not affect your calculations on hitting latent then well...

Not only do i know that, but i also knew that the back/ring slots don't count either, which many don't.

i also know that to get to 784 hp i need -275 hp, which is MORE than 255. You're trying to claim that i need less -hp to activate latent if i were to nuke in penitent's, which is completely absurd. The less hp i have when i nuke, the more i need to lower my hp first. Just because i nuke in something doesn't mean i have to use it to activate latent. In fact, i could even nuke in witch sash and still use penitent's to activate latent if i wanted to!

____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#38 Jun 02 2009 at 4:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
331 posts
I had actually started to believe that you were just acting like an idiot, apparently not.

For someone who seems to know so much you think that you would realize, since I've said it a few times, this relates to the gear YOU are currently using to hit latent. If you were to NUKE in a P.Rope, you would not need more -HP gear to hit latent. The math above is correct, nuking in P.Rope with you current latent gear does lower your Hp by 0.5%.

Just because you are unable to actually reply to what I posted and instead spew out BS that really just doesn't matter to the question you asked : 'and why would you assume i'm a gimp using penitents?' doesn't mean your right.

I had completely ignored this since it didn't fall into our convo. I'm going to bring it up because once again, it shows that you really don't know how latent works.

Quote:
my nuking gear has no +/- except prism, though the back slot doesn't count towards latent (and if it did, it'd only make it easier to activate anyway).


That bolded statement is false. If the back slot did count, it would make it harder to hit latent.

1) If Prism Cape doesn't count (which it doesn't) you would have a base HP of 1059. You would need to bring you HP lower than 76%.
1059 *759999 = 255HP.
You would need to remove 255 HP

2) If Prism Cape did count (which it doesn't) you would have a base HP of 1069 (+10HP from the Cape). You would still need to bring your HP lower than 76%.
1069 *759999 = 258HP
You would need to remove 258 HP

Which is more difficult, removing 255 HP or removing 258 HP?

Of course, if it did count, you could just not wear Prism initially, then hit your latent, then switch back to your nuking gear + Prism, which would leave you at 804/1069. This takes more steps of course than if you weren't using Prism at all, and it's one more piece of gear that must be used in order to hit latent. I really don't understand how you you can get this, but not the opposite effect when you use P.Rope.







#39 Jun 02 2009 at 7:32 AM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
I had actually started to believe that you were just acting like an idiot, apparently not.

For someone who seems to know so much you think that you would realize, since I've said it a few times, this relates to the gear YOU are currently using to hit latent. If you were to NUKE in a P.Rope, you would not need more -HP gear to hit latent. The math above is correct, nuking in P.Rope with you current latent gear does lower your Hp by 0.5%.

I wouldn't need to bring anything else with me to activate latent, but i sure as hell would need more -hp. 804/1039 = 77.38%. To reach 804 hp i need a total of -255 hp. to reach 784 i need a total of 784. Even if i could get that extra 20 hp from penitent's itself, that doesn't change the fact that i'd need more -hp to activate latent (which also means that i'd have a lower hp, and when you spend 99% of the time at 76% hp, every bit can help). Although i don't, i also could always have used penitent's to get to 804 to begin with (in fact, before i bought serket i did use ether+penitents instead, and i sttill use it on /whm so i don't have to hit latent macro as often due to autoregen), which would mean i'd need an additional -15 hp to activate latent.


Quote:
Just because you are unable to actually reply to what I posted and instead spew out BS that really just doesn't matter to the question you asked : 'and why would you assume i'm a gimp using penitents?' doesn't mean your right.

I had completely ignored this since it didn't fall into our convo. I'm going to bring it up because once again, it shows that you really don't know how latent works.

Quote:
my nuking gear has no +/- except prism, though the back slot doesn't count towards latent (and if it did, it'd only make it easier to activate anyway).


That bolded statement is false. If the back slot did count, it would make it harder to hit latent.

1) If Prism Cape doesn't count (which it doesn't) you would have a base HP of 1059. You would need to bring you HP lower than 76%.
1059 *759999 = 255HP.
You would need to remove 255 HP

2) If Prism Cape did count (which it doesn't) you would have a base HP of 1069 (+10HP from the Cape). You would still need to bring your HP lower than 76%.
1069 *759999 = 258HP
You would need to remove 258 HP

Which is more difficult, removing 255 HP or removing 258 HP?

WOOOOOOOOW!

My base hp is 1059. not 1069. it's not 1069, it never was 1069, and it never will be 1069. First of all, i don't idle in a useless cape like prism. When i'm not casting, i have umbra cape on, which has no hp. Second, even if i was some nub that didn't realize how useful -dmg% gear is, and idled in prism, i could simply use /equip back to unequip it for latent. If the +10 hp on prism counted i'd only need to get to 812 hp, which would only require -247 hp. Last i checked 255 < 247.

Quote:
Of course, if it did count, you could just not wear Prism initially, then hit your latent, then switch back to your nuking gear + Prism, which would leave you at 804/1069. This takes more steps of course than if you weren't using Prism at all, and it's one more piece of gear that must be used in order to hit latent. I really don't understand how you you can get this, but not the opposite effect when you use P.Rope.

How exactly does it take more steps to equip something else? It's just as easy to equip 1 item as it is to equip 16... And how does it take more gear? Hell even if you didn't know you can unequip something with /equip by not specifying an item, you must have known that i could just as easily equip umbra/altruistic cape, both of which i always have with me, and neither of which have hp on them.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#40 Jun 02 2009 at 12:28 PM Rating: Excellent
*
62 posts
Quote:
Hell even if you didn't know you can unequip something with /equip by not specifying an item, you must have known that i could just as easily equip umbra/altruistic cape, both of which i always have with me, and neither of which have hp on them.


I wasn't aware we all knew what gear you had and what you carried with you at all times. Also since when did Prism become a POS, just because there's and end game piece better for the slot doesn't make it gimp to use the AH alternative until you can get something better.

Edited, Jun 2nd 2009 4:33pm by Denmarker
#41 Jun 02 2009 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Denmarker wrote:
Quote:
Hell even if you didn't know you can unequip something with /equip by not specifying an item, you must have known that i could just as easily equip umbra/altruistic cape, both of which i always have with me, and neither of which have hp on them.


I wasn't aware we all knew what gear you had and what you carried with you at all times. Also since when did Prism become a POS, just because there's and end game piece better for the slot doesn't make it gimp to use the AH alternative until you can get something better.

Well, it's linked to in my sig. i guess it makes more sense to make random assumptions instead of checking it.

And prism has been 100% useless for idling ever since it didn't have -dmg%, refresh, mdb, or even something that's only 99% useless like vit. Cheviot cape is only 100~200k, use it.

Prism is an excellent cape for nuking, stoneskin, and not bad for enfeebling either. However while idling, it does absolutely nothing, while there are other easily obtainable capes that do do something when not casting.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#42 Jun 05 2009 at 4:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
331 posts
Quote:
My base hp is 1059. not 1069. it's not 1069, it never was 1069, and it never will be 1069. First of all, i don't idle in a useless cape like prism. When i'm not casting, i have umbra cape on, which has no hp.


Base HP does not matter when you are idling in regards to activating latent when nuking. If you idle at 1059, then equip a piece of gear with +HP while nuking your base HP becomes 1069.

The reason I pointed out Prism cape was because you said that it would make it easier to achieve latent wearing one. I have no idea when you set up your latent build in order to activate sorc. But if it was before the realization that cape did not count, then you got extremely lucky that the failure of your math abilities didn't hinder your activated ring.

I really hope that you never give people advice on how to activate the ring, while your setup does work, you very clearly can neither add or be taught.
#43 Jun 05 2009 at 7:44 AM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Kriptex wrote:
Quote:
My base hp is 1059. not 1069. it's not 1069, it never was 1069, and it never will be 1069. First of all, i don't idle in a useless cape like prism. When i'm not casting, i have umbra cape on, which has no hp.


Base HP does not matter when you are idling in regards to activating latent when nuking. If you idle at 1059, then equip a piece of gear with +HP while nuking your base HP becomes 1069.

...That doesn't even make sense. BASE hp doesn't change, except with sub/merits. base hp is NOT the same as the hp you have in nuke gear. Both are important. hp while nuking determines how much hp you need to activate it, while base hp determines how much -hp you need to activate the latent (which is based on how much hp you have while nuking). If my base hp was 1069, and nuking hp was 1069 then i'd need 812 hp, which would take -257 hp to reach, however if my base hp is 1059, and 1069 for nuking, then i'd still need 812, but to reach that i'd only need -247 hp. Unless that prism cape is permanently glued to my back, then simply taking it off is already -10 hp. If for some (idiotic) reason i wanted to, i could activate my sorc ring latent with abosolutely no -hp, by nuking in 1394 hp. Doing so wouldn't require me to lower my hp at all, i'd just need to add on 335 hp while nuking, unless you think taking off hp gear is the same as using -hp gear? lol.

Quote:
The reason I pointed out Prism cape was because you said that it would make it easier to achieve latent wearing one. I have no idea when you set up your latent build in order to activate sorc. But if it was before the realization that cape did not count, then you got extremely lucky that the failure of your math abilities didn't hinder your activated ring.

Lucky? I'm lucky because i nuked once, and realized it did less damage then before, when i just used an int ring? I'm lucky because i then took 10 seconds to look at wiki where it clearly said the back slot didn't count towards the latent? Luck has nothing to do with it. Originally when i first put a -hp set together to activate it (at 73), it was not active, i was actually short by 1-2 hp, however i'm not retarded and noticed that it wasn't active (did less damage with sorc ring than with int ring..) and so i found out that the +hp on back didn't count.

Quote:
I really hope that you never give people advice on how to activate the ring, while your setup does work, you very clearly can neither add or be taught.

Well, it's a good thing i'm too lazy to add anything, and instead use calc.exe...unless you think there's a problem with that? Or do you think i'm incapable of typing/copypastaing 5 numbers?

Equiping my nuke gear, and taking off zmitts, and cape leaves me at 1059 hp (no +/- hp on any of my gear).

1059*.76=804.84 Any HP lower than 804.84 would be active.
804/1059=0.75920679886685552407932011331445 Confirming that 804<804.84
1059-804=255 How much -hp i'd need to use to reach 804.
0-50-50-50-25-25-30-25=-255 Amount of -hp i used.

So, if there's a problem with my math, feel free to explain what i did wrong. I copy+pasted the numbers above into calculator, so zero chance of mistyping it into it without realizing, unless i typed it wrong above, and not only didn't notice when i read over once, but also after typing a paragraph explaining how i couldn't possibly have made any mistakes, which i wouldn't do unless i was 100% positive i didn't.

Either you're an idiot who thinks it's impossible to take off any +hp that i wear while nuking, for activating latent, or I need to stop feeding you Smiley: frown

How much hp you have while nuking only determines the exact hp you need to have less than, and has absolutely nothing to do with how much -hp you need to use to reach that hp. See my example above about activating it at 1059 hp.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (14)