I'm sure I'm not the first one to toy with this, but I felt I should share anyway!
With the addition of the Royal Redingote, it's now possible to get Fast Cast +50% on SCH without carrying around a bunch of Inventory- gear!
Keep in mind that the following caveats apply:
- 30% is dependant on casting spells within your currently active Grimoire.
- 15% is dependant on having RDM set as your subjob.
- 5% is dependant on either acquiring the Royal Redingote and adding Fast Cast +5, or carrying 3 altogether useless items. (Warlock's Mantle, Loquacious Earring, and Rostrum Pumps)
SCH10 Dark/Light Arts: 10% Casting time reduction
SCH30 Fast Cast I: 10% Casting time reduction
SCH54 Scholar's Loafers: 10% Casting time reduction
SCH70 Fast Cast II: 5% Casting time reduction
SCH75 Argute Mortarboard: 10% Casting time reduction
SCH75 Royal Redingote: 5% Casting time reduction
Taking advantage of these bonuses is fairly simple: equip the above gear, then fire the spell. I used to have a separate macro to equip my Fast Cast gear that I would hit before i fired a spell, but I've since added these equips to my Strategem macros. Simply add another line (I use hands) that equips a different piece for each Strategem to ensure that the /JA animation is blinked out to avoid ability lock. I did have an issue with the Fast Cast not taking effect on every cast, due to varying server/client lag, but this is easily remedied by adding a /wait 1 to your spell macros before equipping your casting gear.
/ja "Parsimony(/Alacrity/Ebullience)" <me>
/equip head "Argute Mortarboard"
/equip feet "Scholar's Loafers"
/equip body "Royal Redingote"
/equip hands "Vicious Mufflers(/Argute Bracers/Genie Gages)"
/ma "Blizzard IV" <t>
/equip casting gear
Using this macro strategy you can gain the very tangible benefits of SCH's Fast Cast ability without sacrificing scarce macro space in the process. Also, while i mainly use this for Dark Arts casting, it can easily be applied to Light Arts as well for spells such as Stoneskin. I highly recommend giving it a try! Note that using this gear, SCH can stack more Fast Cast than RDM can...
Concerning the Royal Redingote, I was very torn between adding the MACC/MATK Augments or going with Fast Cast; in the end I decided on Fast Cast for three reasons:
- It's an excellent upgrade that, prior to A Crystalline Prophecy, required too much inventory to be worth the trouble.
- Coupled with Enmity+5, it is quite useful for my RDM as well.
- After reading the excellent comparisons between our current nuking body choices and the Redingote done in xXxNaobixXx's thread, it seemed at best a lateral/hybrid choice; not enough justification for the inventory space.
Again my apologies if this is old news; besides, SCH forum needs more topics anyway. =D
Edit: Only 49% Fast Cast is possible without the Redingote, until we figure out how to wear two pairs of shoes at once.
Edited, Apr 12th 2009 7:46am by LyltiaofLakshmi