Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

sch main stunner?Follow

#1 Jul 30 2008 at 6:11 PM Rating: Decent
sch/drk

loquacious earring
loafers or rostrum?
rune chopper (9%haste)
haste spell from a rdm or whm
alacrity spam for stun

anyone wanna work out the recast calculations for this?
____________________________
TARU<(^.^)> 75::BLM SCH RDM SMN WHM:: DRG75 5/6
Relic: BLM:5/6 RDM:5/6 SCH:4/6 SMN:5/6 WHM:5/6
Obi:8/8 Novio\a:O Nashira:4/5 H.Gaiters: O
LS:AirshipRaiders/ValyrieRiders/NoEnkiduForU
Windurst :10 CoP:8-5 ZM:18 ToAU:48 WotG: 19
#2 Jul 30 2008 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
**
898 posts
If you're using alacrity for stun you'll be down to 50% recast time anyway so you won't need any haste. Stun is 45s base recast so it would be 22.5 seconds with alacrity.

Loq earring and rostrum pumps are both 1% recast, spell haste is 15%, and -10% recast from dark arts would total 36% recast reduction with chopper, which would take stun recast down to 28.8 seconds. Swift belt and W.turban would put you at 45% recast reduction for a stun recast of ~24.8s

Edit: forgot to mention, if wiki is to be believed AF feet are casting time reduction only. I haven't had a chance to test that yet which is why I used rostrums for the recast.

Edited, Jul 30th 2008 10:24pm by DominiousTaru
____________________________
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
#3 Jul 30 2008 at 6:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,109 posts
I've never personally tested it, but according to wiki alacrity will not take spells below the 50% recast cap.

Recast after alacrity will be about 23~ seconds.

dark arts will give you innate -10% recast time.
Each point of gear haste will take off an additional 1%, up to the 25% gear haste cap.

If you wanted to cap recast without alacrity, you'd need 40% haste in addition to dark arts. Haste spell would give you 15%, meaning you'd need 25% from other sources.

March 1 =9%
March 2 =11%
swift belt =4%
W. Turban =5%
Rune chopper =9%*
Haste belt =10% haste**
Loq. earring =1% (2% fast cast, which becomes -1% recast)
Rostrums =1% (2% fast cast, which becomes -1% recast)

*(last resort item, you'll want the acc from thunder staff in most situations, to prolong stun duration)
**(magic haste, so goes toward 43.3% magic haste cap)

Not sure on loafers, but they probably reduce it by 4 or 8% recast time.
____________________________
<tarutaru> semi-retired
Main Jobs: 75RDM (sept? 05) - 75BLM (July? 06) - 75WAR (feb ~14 07) 75 PLD (may ~2 07) 75 BLU (jan 08) 75 DRK (~feb 08)
Full Subs: 62WHM/38THF/42NIN/51BRD/RNG37/SAM37/44COR/37BST/37SCH
In Progress subs: 16MNK/21SMN/21DRG/30DNC
I do not have pup unlocked.
Ragnarok

MargavineLiselle wrote:
Alright, I'm tired of being civil, and now I'm tired of being sarcastically condescending, too.

lolgaxe wrote:
Whining about having to farm is so 2004.
#4 Jul 30 2008 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
**
898 posts
I did a quick test with loafers, with those and light arts, WHM sub for no fastcast RR had a recast of 50s so yes, AF feet also have approx. 5% recast reduction, which makes them better than rostrums for this. Using AF feet instead of rostrums would give 40% recast reduction with arts and the other gear you listed, so you'd only need 10% haste more, either from songs or gear, to get to the 50% cap.
____________________________
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
#5 Jul 31 2008 at 3:41 AM Rating: Decent
thanks ^^

will try this next time our group is short on blms
____________________________
TARU<(^.^)> 75::BLM SCH RDM SMN WHM:: DRG75 5/6
Relic: BLM:5/6 RDM:5/6 SCH:4/6 SMN:5/6 WHM:5/6
Obi:8/8 Novio\a:O Nashira:4/5 H.Gaiters: O
LS:AirshipRaiders/ValyrieRiders/NoEnkiduForU
Windurst :10 CoP:8-5 ZM:18 ToAU:48 WotG: 19
#6 Aug 01 2008 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,976 posts
Useful on spellcasting mobs or long activation WS's, but I can't imagine you having the time to fire Alacrity for fast-fire skills. Stun seems to very rarely get resisted, which is merciful, so we might find ourselves very capable against HNMs outside of buffing and healing.

Edited, Aug 1st 2008 4:07pm by Crystan
____________________________
R.I.P. Crystan FFXI
75WHM 75SCH 75RDM 75SMN
#7 Aug 04 2008 at 3:59 AM Rating: Decent
could use alacrity before recast is ready ^^
____________________________
TARU<(^.^)> 75::BLM SCH RDM SMN WHM:: DRG75 5/6
Relic: BLM:5/6 RDM:5/6 SCH:4/6 SMN:5/6 WHM:5/6
Obi:8/8 Novio\a:O Nashira:4/5 H.Gaiters: O
LS:AirshipRaiders/ValyrieRiders/NoEnkiduForU
Windurst :10 CoP:8-5 ZM:18 ToAU:48 WotG: 19
#8 Aug 11 2008 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
474 posts
alacrity lasts a minute, if it's really important to stun something, you can always just fire it and just wait for the mob to use the ability before stunnin.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)