Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Nuking gearFollow

#52 Nov 27 2010 at 3:42 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
IcookPizza wrote:
Quote:
"Nothing is currently resistant enough for 5 macc to beat 7 mab."

I don't remember a lick of math behind nuking (and most of FFXI), but equipping INT sounds like it'd be better vibes than equipping M.acc, in situations where either could be "preferable" to MAB.

Maybe?

--edit--
Like... even though macc compliments MAB in a multiplicative way on these "resistant" mobs ("MORE good nukes"), it seems like once you reach a certain level of MAB (140+?), INT's increase to the base damage (which said MAB multiplicatively effects) is enough to make it the better option ["BETTER good nukes" (retaining an itty bitty hint of "MORE good nukes", from INT's inherent macc)].

Anyone here good at math or something?
I have no idea what you're even trying to say.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#53 Nov 27 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Decent
Grand Master Leatherworker ThePsychoticO wrote:
IcookPizza wrote:
Quote:
"Nothing is currently resistant enough for 5 macc to beat 7 mab."

I don't remember a lick of math behind nuking (and most of FFXI), but equipping INT sounds like it'd be better vibes than equipping M.acc, in situations where either could be "preferable" to MAB.

Maybe?

--edit--
Like... even though macc compliments MAB in a multiplicative way on these "resistant" mobs ("MORE good nukes"), it seems like once you reach a certain level of MAB (140+?), INT's increase to the base damage (which said MAB multiplicatively effects) is enough to make it the better option ["BETTER good nukes" (retaining an itty bitty hint of "MORE good nukes", from INT's inherent macc)].

Anyone here good at math or something?
I have no idea what you're even trying to say.


I can translate that!

Hurr durr math peoples hurr durr.

Get it now?
____________________________
Nateypoo wrote:
What college did you go to? Clown or barber?
Be sure to report your findings to the no child left behind committee.
Corsairs are secretly just Marilyn Manson wannabes.
Tyrrant wrote:
BelenosSwiftWater wrote:
I blame spicyryan
I blame his whore of a mother who didn't abort him.
#54 Nov 27 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
*
208 posts
He's saying that once you have so much mab, there might be a point where it would be worth while to start trading mab for int, since int gives an increase in both damage and macc...

You called me a retard, and informed me that there was nothing currently resistant enough to trade 7 mab for 5 macc, however you used to believe otherwise:

San d'Orian Royal Heir ThePsychoticOne wrote:
SingBismark wrote:

If I had Novio + Moldavite, I'd likely never take them off for anything aside from Enfeebles.
And that would make you a fool. 5% land rate can certainly be better than 7 mab.

Quoted Thread.

After aquiring minikin and nuking several Aby NM's, I can tell you that even with cruor buffs, it's not enough int to floor your resist rates on tough stuff.

Cassandra's/Helenus's can in fact outparse Moldy/Novio, even with minikin and cruor buffs.


Edited, Nov 27th 2010 10:55pm by K1n371x
____________________________
90RDM 90BLM
#55 Nov 27 2010 at 11:21 PM Rating: Good
***
1,018 posts
Quote:
He's saying that once you have so much mab, there might be a point where it would be worth while to start trading mab for int favor INT over m.acc, for times when either stat could potentially outdo MAB

Fixed, but thanks for the much-needed eloquence.
____________________________
--------- Xenith ---------
----------------------------
RDM /
*videos*
#56 Nov 28 2010 at 12:48 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
K1n371x wrote:
You called me a retard, and informed me that there was nothing currently resistant enough to trade 7 mab for 5 macc, however you used to believe otherwise:
San d'Orian Royal Heir ThePsychoticOne wrote:
SingBismark wrote:
If I had Novio + Moldavite, I'd likely never take them off for anything aside from Enfeebles.
And that would make you a fool. 5% land rate can certainly be better than 7 mab.
Quoted Thread.
Because the game has @#%^ing changed since then. I used to believe differently, because it WAS different then. You can't seriously be this stupid, can you?

Quote:
After aquiring minikin and nuking several Aby NM's, I can tell you that even with cruor buffs, it's not enough int to floor your resist rates on tough stuff.
No, but assuming you have good gear, it'll be high enough for novio to surpass helandras.

Quote:
Cassandra's/Helenus's can in fact outparse Moldy/Novio, even with minikin and cruor buffs.
Maybe if your gear sucks to the point that you should sell your novio.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#57 Nov 28 2010 at 3:13 AM Rating: Decent
*
208 posts
Dont nerd rage when I point out your bs. The game has changed sure, but it's far from "nothing is resistant".

Grand Master Leatherworker ThePsychoticOne wrote:
5% land rate can certainly be better than 7 mab...

No, but assuming you have good gear, it'll be high enough for novio to surpass helandras...


Make up your mind dude. If you dont have floored resist rates, which you just admitted is possible even with minikin and buffs, (that wasnt your story a few posts ago btw) a 5% lower resist rate will sh*t all over 7 mab.

Magian +1/Bugard +1/Witch
Estoq +1/Uggy/Cas/Hel
teal/zenith/snow/snow
hecates/witch/teal/duelist

Yeah... my gear sucks so bad... that must be why.

Edited, Nov 28th 2010 4:34am by K1n371x
____________________________
90RDM 90BLM
#58 Nov 28 2010 at 3:16 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
K1n371x wrote:
Dont nerd rage when I point out your bs. The game has changed sure, but it's far from "nothing is resistant".
WELL IT"S A GOOD THING I DIDN'T @#%^ING SAY THAT, RETARD.

I'm "nerd raging" because you are repeatedly misquoting me, and trying to use things i said forever ago, that haven't applied to anything in months against me, as if it means something.

Edited, Nov 28th 2010 5:02am by ThePsychoticOne
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#59 Nov 28 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
185 posts
Personally I generally wouldn't bother responding to people whose name consists of more numbers than letters, but that's just me.
____________________________
Raenryong~
Bahamut server...
DRK / PLD / THF / RDM / DRG / NIN / BLU
Almace90.
#60 Nov 28 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
RaenRyong wrote:
Personally I generally wouldn't bother responding to people whose name consists of more numbers than letters, but that's just me.
I'm liek, the easiest person to troll evar. I can't help myself.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#61 Dec 01 2010 at 9:40 PM Rating: Good
***
1,018 posts
Quote:
I'm liek, the easiest person to troll evar. I can't help myself.

After seeing the spelling/grammar errors, I didn't bother reading these 2 sentences.
____________________________
--------- Xenith ---------
----------------------------
RDM /
*videos*
#62 Dec 01 2010 at 9:44 PM Rating: Default
*
208 posts
RaenRyong wrote:
Personally I generally wouldn't bother responding to people whose name consists of more numbers than letters, but that's just me.


Kinetix was taken.
____________________________
90RDM 90BLM
#63 Dec 01 2010 at 9:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
IcookPizza wrote:
Quote:
I'm liek, the easiest person to troll evar. I can't help myself.
After seeing the spelling/grammar errors, I didn't bother reading these 2 sentences.
I @#%^ing hate you. You don't even know how hard it is for me to not type out an essay on why there were no spelling/grammar errors in my post Smiley: mad
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#64 Dec 01 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
K1n371x wrote:
RaenRyong wrote:
Personally I generally wouldn't bother responding to people whose name consists of more numbers than letters, but that's just me.
Kinetix was taken.
That's when you think of a new name. Idk why alla decided to let people use numbers in their names Smiley: frown
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#65 Dec 01 2010 at 11:21 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,123 posts
Quote:
That's when you think of a new name. Idk why alla decided to let people use numbers in their names


Says the guy with "One" in his name
#66 Dec 01 2010 at 11:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
That's when you think of a new name. Idk why alla decided to let people use numbers in their names
Says the guy with "One" in his name
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/one

Quote:
2.
being a person, thing, or individual instance or member of a number, kind, group, or category indicated: one member of the party.


Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#67 Dec 01 2010 at 11:40 PM Rating: Default
*
208 posts
Grand Master Leatherworker ThePsychoticO wrote:
Smiley: facepalm



*whoosh*
____________________________
90RDM 90BLM
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (15)