Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Your Latest and Greatest Red Mage Accomplishment!!Follow

#1277 Jun 15 2009 at 6:47 AM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
LordMnementh wrote:
ACP Done! Royal Redingote Get! (FC and Enmity + (/shrug))

Also finally beat Green Grass and High Tides on expert Rock Band guitar! (yus!)


Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
Screenshot

Almost even easy while fighting at the zone x.x;



Now you have absolutely no reason to complain about being elvaan anymore! :p

/schooledicon

Repeated NW fails due to not enough time says i do =/

The last two or three times i tried to solo it, i've been 5-10 mins short of winning, and an extra 200+ mp probably would have saved me double that.

Edited, Jun 29th 2009 11:50pm by ThePsychoticOne
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#1278 Jun 15 2009 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Once I see a taru rdm solo Apollyon NW, I will say its a handicap... Maybe this has been done and I haven't heard? I am pretty much rooting you on lol.

Anyway, congrats on Hakutaku!
____________________________
[
#1279 Jun 15 2009 at 9:30 AM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
LordMnementh wrote:
Once I see a taru rdm solo Apollyon NW, I will say its a handicap... Maybe this has been done and I haven't heard? I am pretty much rooting you on lol.

Actually, i was talking about blm. But yes, it has been done by a taru rdm, and if i were a taru, there's a good chance i'd have done it too, as i've gotten kb down to like 30% or so on rdm before (didn't have particularly good luck with portals either, was something like 2>3>1>2? idr, but was something similar to that).

Of course i would have won today with liek 20 mins to spare, but i dc'd right after i killed first buffalo (which opened portal, as well as first ghost opening portal). Actually, brb reposting that in feedback forum.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#1280 Jun 15 2009 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Do you have heralds? I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to kill KB as elvaan blm vs. taru. If no heralds you'd have to run a little longer in between casts... At least if all the rest of your luck was with you on portals.

Edited, Jun 15th 2009 1:47pm by LordMnementh
____________________________
[
#1281 Jun 15 2009 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
No heralds. And the portals are exactly the issue. It's unreasonable to expect good luck with the portals every time. It's also not really worth soloing if you can't win even with bad luck on portals. A good taru can still win with 3>3>3>3.

For my most recent attempt i had 3>3>3>1 portals, which still only left me with 31 mins for the last floor. The behes took me around 16 mins, which i can't even finish entirely with nukes, and have to rely on resting/dots/drains to. With ~13 mins left for kb i hardly got it down to 30%. Although my gear still needs a bit of work (novio, gaiters, better dark gear (though i actually got extremely lucky and barely had any resists on drain/aspirs), etc), and it might have been enough to win with 3>3>3>1, i really can't see a decent chance of winning as elf with 3>3>3>3 (which is what i usually end up getting x.x;). An extra 268 mp really would make a huge difference.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#1282 Jun 16 2009 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
**
551 posts
Morrigan's Cuffs get =)
____________________________
RDM BRD BLM COR PLD SAM BLU WAR THF MNK 75
Morrigan's Robe Set: 5/5
SUBS: WHM NIN RNG DRK DRG DNC SCH
#1283 Jun 19 2009 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Obtained: Warlock's Boots.
You throw away a pair of Warlock's Boots.

Naw, didn't toss yet, I'll wanna keep 5/5 for the novalty for a few levels I'm sure :p.

But yay, my first Rdm AF~

I think getting Glamor Jupon is gonna be harder than any of the AF quests ._.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#1284 Jun 19 2009 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,419 posts
Noodles wrote:
Obtained: Warlock's Boots.
You throw away a pair of Warlock's Boots.

Naw, didn't toss yet, I'll wanna keep 5/5 for the novalty for a few levels I'm sure :p.


I'm keeping mine until I cap Shield skill (still 9 away, haven't bothered to head to the Tree recently), but yeah, other than for that they're pretty useless unless you're really hurting for a Convert piece.



Noodles wrote:
I think getting Glamor Jupon is gonna be harder than any of the AF quests ._.


The way I got mine was just helping with lots of Swift Belt runs, and then killing Fomors by the Mithra camp while waiting for the Stale Draft at Hume to repop. You can do it in Aqueducts, and it does have a better drop rate; just depends on how willing you are to go up to the library to get your Subligar, when everyone else in your farming group (except SAMs) will just want to stay by the THF camp.

And once you do get it...enjoy the +Enfeebling for 8 levels till you get your AF Body and thereafter only use the Jupon for Enhancing and Dark (then not even Dark once you get Goliard Saio/Duelist Tabard/Fast Cast Royal Redingote).

Edited, Jun 19th 2009 2:15pm by Aliekber
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#1285 Jun 19 2009 at 4:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
In last week dinged 51, got AF feet and AF2 hands.

My rdm is very lucky in that I have solid gear from other jobs like w.legs and full morrigans, just a matter of leveling it now. Pretty excited about my rdm potential.
____________________________
75 Paladin, Warrior, Black Mage, Monk, Red Mage.
Hades.
#1286 Jun 23 2009 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,519 posts
Nashira Manteel:O

More Dark Magic skill is always welcome. :x

Edited, Jun 23rd 2009 1:56pm by Donomni
____________________________
Donomni Rank 10 Bastok {Hello!} (*' ')/
75 RDM/37 WHM/BLM/DRK/NIN/THF/PLD/BLU/WAR/SCH/DNC/RNG
Phoenix Server
63 Alchemy
LS: TrueDevotion
HNMLS: Valour
Dynamis: Dynalegacy

FFXI is eXtreeeeeme.

World of Warcraft was like "SLOOOOW DOOOOWN" and FF was like "F*CK YOU!" and kicked them in the face with their PANDEMONIUM LEGS
Kiyokatsu wrote:
LESS QQ! MORE PEWPEW!


Let's try a blog again.
#1287 Jun 24 2009 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Quote:
And once you do get it...enjoy the +Enfeebling for 8 levels till you get your AF Body and thereafter only use the Jupon for Enhancing and Dark (then not even Dark once you get Goliard Saio/Duelist Tabard/Fast Cast Royal Redingote).


I used mine for Drain/Aspir for like 2-3 years until I just recently got my Nashira Manteel. And technically it's the only body piece we can equip to raise enhancing skill for enspell/phalanx swaps. So it even still has it's uses for me.

Edit also congrats Donomni also on the manteel! I just adore mine so far <3

Edited, Jun 24th 2009 9:20am by LordMnementh
____________________________
[
#1288 Jun 24 2009 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,419 posts
Goliard 5/5: O

Hyorin Obi: O

lolHealing Capped (Only have Divine left to cap now)
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#1289 Jun 25 2009 at 11:20 PM Rating: Good
**
551 posts
Morrigan's Slops found it =)
____________________________
RDM BRD BLM COR PLD SAM BLU WAR THF MNK 75
Morrigan's Robe Set: 5/5
SUBS: WHM NIN RNG DRK DRG DNC SCH
#1290 Jun 26 2009 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Aliekber wrote:
Goliard 5/5: O

Hyorin Obi: O

lolHealing Capped (Only have Divine left to cap now)


Grats on the Goliard, I think I will be doomed to ever only have the body/head. Whenever we run other floor bosses, nothing ever drops :( ... and I STILL haven't made an effort to cap my divine skill. With as much as I have BNS (blue number syndrome,) that speaks to me about how extraordinarily little I care about it.
____________________________
[
#1291 Jun 26 2009 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,419 posts
LordMnementh wrote:
Aliekber wrote:
Goliard 5/5: O

Hyorin Obi: O

lolHealing Capped (Only have Divine left to cap now)


Grats on the Goliard, I think I will be doomed to ever only have the body/head. Whenever we run other floor bosses, nothing ever drops :( ... and I STILL haven't made an effort to cap my divine skill. With as much as I have BNS (blue number syndrome,) that speaks to me about how extraordinarily little I care about it.


I've just been skilling it on fishies in Sea with Flash when I'm bored, ever since I finished /PLD. Mainly looking forward to all Blue Numbers, but I suppose increased odds of landing the spell at full potency never hurts (even though I pretty much only use it for the Enmity).

For Nyzul, do you run with a THF? We've been running for about 10 months, 6-7 runs per week, and I think we have about 7 drops left before we've maxed everyone's wishlists. Also, I've noticed we'll tend to get 5-6 drops within a two week period, then go a month without seeing anything but weapon drops. We've talked about either selling drops, or moving to regular assaults and going for Captain, and with our weird drop pattern, I think we'll end up going for Captain rather than escorting rich Nyzul n00bs through runs for weeks at a time.
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#1292 Jun 29 2009 at 7:25 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
1/30+ avocat Smiley: eek

Of course now i'll probably get goliard within next few tries, and end up tossing them before i even use them.

Edited, Jun 29th 2009 11:50pm by ThePsychoticOne
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#1293 Jun 30 2009 at 8:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Unlocked Savage Blade last night, finally. Getting Death Blossom is going to be SO much easier now.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#1294 Jul 04 2009 at 8:34 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
16 posts
Dinged 61 and got my Duelist's Tabard from Beaucedine just now.
Was hoping to see the line shorten as I didn't know how many were going for it, but turns out it was just me and another rdm needing it.
I got the 2nd one that dropped so pretty pleased.

I don't think the hat will be obtained so easily, but it's just about the last re/ex piece I need for rdm at 75 so will be worth waiting for.

Edited, Jul 5th 2009 4:36am by killkiller
____________________________
75 Paladin, Warrior, Black Mage, Monk, Red Mage.
Hades.
#1295 Jul 07 2009 at 6:28 AM Rating: Good
***
3,059 posts
Warlock's Tabard +1.

Finally, something else to look at while I /heal until I get a Mahatma.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#1296 Jul 07 2009 at 7:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,447 posts
In about 3 hours, got my Garliage Citadel Key, Oztroja Key, then got both coffers, then got my Eldieme Key, found coffer, killed dark spark...

All solo w/out TH help (except for someone random helping me with a switch in Eldieme and the top door in Oztroja) :)

Just have the Pimp Hat left

EDIT: Add Miser Murphy downed, wonder if NIN/DNC can solo the last NM?

Edited, Jul 8th 2009 10:34am by dawgdchi
____________________________
FFXIV - V'aala Ichi - Balmung (Co-Founder of mIsFiTs LS and FC)
FFXI - Vaala - Fairy -> Sylph - Co-Founder of mIsFiTs (Fairy) and member of Zombie (Sylph)
#1297 Jul 08 2009 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
Aliekber wrote:
LordMnementh wrote:
Aliekber wrote:
Goliard 5/5: O

Hyorin Obi: O

lolHealing Capped (Only have Divine left to cap now)


Grats on the Goliard, I think I will be doomed to ever only have the body/head. Whenever we run other floor bosses, nothing ever drops :( ... and I STILL haven't made an effort to cap my divine skill. With as much as I have BNS (blue number syndrome,) that speaks to me about how extraordinarily little I care about it.


I've just been skilling it on fishies in Sea with Flash when I'm bored, ever since I finished /PLD. Mainly looking forward to all Blue Numbers, but I suppose increased odds of landing the spell at full potency never hurts (even though I pretty much only use it for the Enmity).

For Nyzul, do you run with a THF? We've been running for about 10 months, 6-7 runs per week, and I think we have about 7 drops left before we've maxed everyone's wishlists. Also, I've noticed we'll tend to get 5-6 drops within a two week period, then go a month without seeing anything but weapon drops. We've talked about either selling drops, or moving to regular assaults and going for Captain, and with our weird drop pattern, I think we'll end up going for Captain rather than escorting rich Nyzul n00bs through runs for weeks at a time.


Captain is awesome. Also, we run with a thief every time unless they aren't there that day. We get strange days. Half the time we go 0/4, the other half we go 3/4 or 4/4. It's never happened on a non body/head floor though... we have jack for that.
____________________________
[
#1298 Jul 08 2009 at 9:30 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,419 posts
LordMnementh wrote:
Aliekber wrote:
LordMnementh wrote:
Aliekber wrote:
Goliard 5/5: O

Hyorin Obi: O

lolHealing Capped (Only have Divine left to cap now)


Grats on the Goliard, I think I will be doomed to ever only have the body/head. Whenever we run other floor bosses, nothing ever drops :( ... and I STILL haven't made an effort to cap my divine skill. With as much as I have BNS (blue number syndrome,) that speaks to me about how extraordinarily little I care about it.


I've just been skilling it on fishies in Sea with Flash when I'm bored, ever since I finished /PLD. Mainly looking forward to all Blue Numbers, but I suppose increased odds of landing the spell at full potency never hurts (even though I pretty much only use it for the Enmity).

For Nyzul, do you run with a THF? We've been running for about 10 months, 6-7 runs per week, and I think we have about 7 drops left before we've maxed everyone's wishlists. Also, I've noticed we'll tend to get 5-6 drops within a two week period, then go a month without seeing anything but weapon drops. We've talked about either selling drops, or moving to regular assaults and going for Captain, and with our weird drop pattern, I think we'll end up going for Captain rather than escorting rich Nyzul n00bs through runs for weeks at a time.


Captain is awesome. Also, we run with a thief every time unless they aren't there that day. We get strange days. Half the time we go 0/4, the other half we go 3/4 or 4/4. It's never happened on a non body/head floor though... we have jack for that.


If I were you, I'd make your group run 20s and 60s until you get your Goliard, at gunpoint if necessary. They really are that nice.

From what I've seen, most people who do Nyzul are there for Askar, and spam 80/100 as much as possible, and toss in a few 20/40/60 as a bone for those who want those drops. Goliard Hands are really nice, and heck, 20/40 can be 4-manned for your Clogs if you don't get too many Kill All floors (I just did it a week or so ago). Nyzul does love giving you whatever you don't want, though, I can't deny that.
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#1299 Jul 10 2009 at 1:52 AM Rating: Decent
*****
10,227 posts
Made up for wiping to everything I've tried to solo in the last 30 hours for absolutely no reason, even though it didn't drop anything.
Screenshot
____________________________
2001-2011, retired because Abyssea destroyed my enjoyment of FFXI.
Garuda/Lakshmi.
#1300 Jul 10 2009 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,026 posts
Got Nashira Crackows, my first Nashira piece. Legs next up...

(owait, SCH can't wear it, but BLU can wear both!)
____________________________
李張明 85/ RDM BST SCH
#1301 Jul 16 2009 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
W.Abj head for my 59 Rdm.
Lotted 29 on w.Body l qq
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)