Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

DynamisFollow

#1 Sep 08 2011 at 12:16 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
640 posts
So a good friend of mine was talking to me a week or so ago and mentioned how Dynamis is soloable now. She mentioned she makes a LOT of gil off of soloing Dynamis and selling the currency(which is massively in demand lately for some reason). My question was, has anyone done this? I'd love a strat on how to because it seems like it could be fun~ I have access to all but Xarca. Never beat Beau.
I'd ask her but she's not been on all week D:
____________________________
In my line of work the title "Doc" isn't earned with some fancy degree.
I'm a Combat Medic, I will always come for you.
#2 Sep 08 2011 at 6:03 AM Rating: Decent
You go in with an hour, you pull single mobs.
That is how you do it.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremash*ta | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#3 Sep 08 2011 at 6:13 AM Rating: Good
Dinishte wrote:
So a good friend of mine was talking to me a week or so ago and mentioned how Dynamis is soloable now. She mentioned she makes a LOT of gil off of soloing Dynamis and selling the currency(which is massively in demand lately for some reason). My question was, has anyone done this? I'd love a strat on how to because it seems like it could be fun~ I have access to all but Xarca. Never beat Beau.
I'd ask her but she's not been on all week D:


To get worthwhile currency drops, you need to kill the TE mobs first. As a dnc, you want to camp at a location where the mobs are JA trigger mobs and then stagger to your hearts content. I have the easiest time with TE mobs in San d'Oria because of their placement. Bastok and Windy TE mobs are surrounded pretty good, so if you are solo, it is a bit trickier!

Here is the updated map of where everything is in San d'Oria Map
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#4 Sep 08 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
**
983 posts
You're going to be best off going here: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Dynamis#Dynamis_Proc_system
to learn about the proc system. You will have a much easier time duoing Dynamis than soloing it. If you're going to solo, bring Reraise for sure.

Good camps:
Bastok - Behind the AH
San d'Oria - In front of the AH
Windurst - Near the three NMs in the North-east

I haven't tried to farm any outlands zones, but new Dynamis is fun and profitable so you should give it a shot!

Edited, Sep 8th 2011 2:30pm by Byrthnoth
____________________________
Yay for Jhereg!
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Byrth
#5 Oct 19 2011 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,203 posts
Are these suggested camp locations good for farming Etoile drops in Windy and Bastok? I don't have a lot of Dynamis experience (I think I've only won in Bastok), so I don't know much about the mobs themselves.
____________________________
~TaruTaru~
PUP99 WHM97 DNC96 DRG88
~Carbuncle~
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#6 Oct 19 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
Lewkis wrote:
Are these suggested camp locations good for farming Etoile drops in Windy and Bastok? I don't have a lot of Dynamis experience (I think I've only won in Bastok), so I don't know much about the mobs themselves.


If you are just going for gear and not going for currency, then the easiest camp is the one when you first zone in. You don't have to worry about running around and setting up camp. You don't have to worry about running around and getting TE. Just go in, start pulling and killing. The relic gear drops off of any mob without procs.
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#7 Oct 19 2011 at 8:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,203 posts
Thank you very much, I think you just saved me a lot of time and trouble.
____________________________
~TaruTaru~
PUP99 WHM97 DNC96 DRG88
~Carbuncle~
#8 Oct 19 2011 at 8:32 AM Rating: Good
Lewkis wrote:
Thank you very much, I think you just saved me a lot of time and trouble.


No problem Smiley: smile
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#9 Oct 19 2011 at 10:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
829 posts
Elspetta wrote:

You don't have to worry about running around and setting up camp. You don't have to worry about running around and getting TE.

While this is true, It's still recommended to get atleast some TEs if not all.

I say that for the following reasons:
1. Longer time to farm....60 mins opposed 120.
2. popping all 5 TEs mobs not only give you TE but restricts 2HRs incase they do it (if you proc)...which normally they will if done quick enough. And Although yes your main concern is getting AF2 I'd still rather have the extra time opposed to a hour... plus If i'm solo'n I'd probably get more out of finding proc mobs and killing them instead of random killing stuff because it isn't even gaurenteed I'll get the AF2 I'm after...however.....if I proc JA mobs...I can still get currency...so even if I don't get the AF2 I'm after I still got a little currency to sell...

Although with me personally....if I'm after a specific AF2 I just find a party to go with to spam kill stuff....


For Example:
When I needed DNC AF2 Body
So I solo'd in Dynamis - Xarcabard and went to the JA proc areas. Although my main concern was AF2 Body, I knew the likely hood of getting that piece specifically was sort of hit and miss since so many other AF2 can drop(didn't need nor want the others). So I figured "Hey..why not proc jobs for currency and hope DNC body drops?" Atleast currency is a given if I kill all 5 TEs. And since JAs on DNC toward targets are short it shouldn't take long to get proc anyway (to say you don't have to repeat any) So it wouldn't be a complete lost......Luckily....2 Days later it dropped from when I was solo'n....THF hands also dropped that same day.



Now I still need AF2 Head for DNC...from what I read, in bastok solo'n the TEs can be tricky since they're fairly close to other mobs so I doubt I'm going to attempt to solo there unless I can't get into a Bastok group.

Worst case scenerio I'd just take the 60 mins even though there's a free 60 minutes in there lol

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 12:28pm by Darkzeru
#10 Oct 19 2011 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
Darkzeru wrote:


Now I still need AF2 Head for DNC...from what I read, in bastok solo'n the TEs can be tricky since they're fairly close to other mobs so I doubt I'm going to attempt to solo there unless I can't get into a Bastok group.

Worst case scenerio I'd just take the 60 mins even though there's a free 60 minutes in there lol

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 12:28pm by Darkzeru


Bastok and Windy both have tricky TE mobs, so unless you have a bst friend that can go get them for you while you solo, it really isn't worth it if all you are looking for is relic gear. I personally always go for TE cause I want the currency, but I don't go solo either, which makes it easier!
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#11 Oct 19 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
829 posts
Elspetta wrote:


Bastok and Windy both have tricky TE mobs, so unless you have a bst friend that can go get them for you while you solo, it really isn't worth it if all you are looking for is relic gear.
Haha exactly why Imma just wait until I go with some people... the BST players i knew either stop playing or acted a lil funny


Elspetta wrote:

I personally always go for TE cause I want the currency, but I don't go solo either, which makes it easier!

I solo currency mainly because I don't have to worry about sharing gil although I suppose if you did duo with another JA proc job..... 2 DNCs for example I guess the currency income would be a tad higher.....


I haven't farmed currency in awhile though I need to soon....im down to 300k lol And I still need to get Jupiter's Pearl (possible) and Thundersoul ring. And some other things....

Oh yea..... How about I did find a JP who could make em and I asked him if he could make mine and that I have the materials already and that I'd reward him by doing so.....this Joker That's right joker lolPretty much told me no and that to buy his already made rings on the AH....Which obviouslly defeats the purpose. I've had JP synth stuff for me before with little to no effort....I asked a JP to make Grim Cuirass back then and he made without issue...but this guy...... lol

I'm kinda suffering from FFXI Block.....guess I'm kind of "meh" in game atm I be logged on but don't do much unless someone ask me for help... I need to level another job to get back into the fray....and No I wont level BLM and WHM...good jobs but i dont think i could do them......

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 12:54pm by Darkzeru
#12 Oct 19 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
Darkzeru wrote:
I solo currency mainly because I don't have to worry about sharing gil although I suppose if you did duo with another JA proc job..... 2 DNCs for example I guess the currency income would be a tad higher.....


I go with my BF and his brother, so I lot all the coins, bazaar them and we split the gil 3 ways. It's not a big deal since they are people I know in RL and my BF helps me with gil when I get low from buying all my freakin spells because they won't frikken drop! no, I'm not angry, LOL

Darkzeru wrote:
Oh yea..... How about I did find a JP who could make em and I asked him if he could make mine and that I have the materials already and that I'd reward him by doing so.....this Joker That's right joker lolPretty much told me no and that to buy his already made rings on the AH....Which obviouslly defeats the purpose. I've had JP synth stuff for me before with little to no effort....I asked a JP to make Grim Cuirass back then and he made without issue...but this guy...... lol


I understand that is their means for making gil, but if you have the mats, that is kind of low. Try Luccas (Lucaas?). He used to make the Icesoul rings and offered to make them for me pretty cheap if I had the mats. I haven't seen him AH anything lately, so idk if he has stopped doing it or what.

Darkzeru wrote:
I'm kinda suffering from FFXI Block.....guess I'm kind of "meh" in game atm I be logged on but don't do much unless someone ask me for help... I need to level another job to get back into the fray....and No I wont level BLM and WHM...good jobs but i dont think i could do them......


I just leveled up smn and my BF (and his brother) leveled up bst. It has brought a whole lot of new fun to the game for us. I have mainly been doing WoE for scrolls (still need Thunder V, Blizzaja, Breakga, and Temper) when I first get home from work and then Dynamis when BF's brother logs on. It gets repetitive, but it has been a lot of fun for us. It has also helped me make the gil for my stupid mage scrolls.


Edited, Oct 19th 2011 1:22pm by Elspetta

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 1:36pm by Elspetta
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#13 Oct 19 2011 at 11:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
829 posts
Elspetta wrote:
Try Luccas (Lucaas?). He used to make the Icesoul rings and offered to make them for me pretty cheap if I had the mats. I haven't seen him AH anything lately, so idk if he has stopped doing it or what.
Yes Luccas was orginally lucas on titan I haven't seen him on lately so not sure where he is otherwise id ask him he's a good friend of mine.

Elspetta wrote:
I just leveled up smn and my BF (and his brother) leveled up bst. It has brought a whole lot of new fun to the game for us. I have mainly been doing WoE for scrolls (still need Thunder V, Blizzaja, Breakga, and Temper) when I first get home from work and then Dynamis when BF's brother logs on. It gets repetitive, but it has been a lot of fun for us. It has also helped me make the gil for my stupid mage scrolls.

I considered leveling BRD (27 atm) I'm at my mom's school helping her out...kinda my job for now until i get word from the county public school (trying to get a job in the schools where i live for possible computer technician (those people who fix computer here and there) Only 27 so unsure how I'll like it but I'll give it shot. my friend tells me i might as well level smn again since I have all the avatars already




Edited, Oct 19th 2011 1:34pm by Darkzeru
#14 Oct 20 2011 at 1:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,203 posts
Sorry to re-rail the conversation, but as far as soloing for relic goes.. Around what level are the mobs in Dynamis Windurst and Bastok? I did not see them on their wikis. Should I go in with a heavy evasion build, or should I be alright in my regular DD gear (barring the -eva stuff)?
____________________________
~TaruTaru~
PUP99 WHM97 DNC96 DRG88
~Carbuncle~
#15 Oct 20 2011 at 6:04 AM Rating: Good
Lewkis wrote:
Sorry to re-rail the conversation, but as far as soloing for relic goes.. Around what level are the mobs in Dynamis Windurst and Bastok? I did not see them on their wikis. Should I go in with a heavy evasion build, or should I be alright in my regular DD gear (barring the -eva stuff)?

Haha no problem. The last time I did Windy I was on dnc and I used my tp set and ws set. I switched to eva when we decided to go for the win and I tanked the boss. I wasn't solo but I didn't have a problem with getting hit much between /nin and my eva skill.

I always carry all of my sets and macro them in as needed and my dnc doesn't have the best gear because it is my least played job.
____________________________
~Elspetta~
99 BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN BRD THF DNC WAR
Phoenix
~~Remember the Titans~~
#16 Oct 20 2011 at 6:47 AM Rating: Good
**
983 posts
You're fine in your regular DD gear for the lower tier of monster. I cap evasion on all that crap without even using an AGI Kila.

This link (http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Dynamis#Basics) will probably help, and if you click around it may even answer the rest of your questions.
____________________________
Yay for Jhereg!
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Byrth
#17 Oct 20 2011 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
829 posts
DNC being my mostly geared job....I rarely had to go into eva set. The only time I went into EVA was either because I'm killing a NM or I linked some mobs by accident.

I'm referrin to Xarcabard with the demons....Quadrastrike can do quite a bit of damage taking that all 4 hits land....so I tend to do eva set on my dnc just in case....rarely have one land all 4 hits but you never know :P
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (15)