Been mulling this over for a while now and I wanted to open a discussion on the evisceration WS. Yes I know its been around for a while, but with new toys (climactic flourish, feather step, critical attack bonus, moar DEX gear) I figured I do a lil bit of testing/math and try to get opinions on if its worth using over DE.
So lets break it down from the top:
Evisceration: Delivers a fivefold attack. Chance of critical hit varies with TP
-Basically the more TP you have, the better chance you can crit on each hit, but would be stupid to store 300% TP each time so kinda irrelevant
Modifier: DEX 30%
-We have quite a bit of DEX gear available to us to help this
Stuff to help us out:
-This will only guarantee a crit on the first hit
Critical attack bonus
-5% damage added to critical attacks (unknown if we got a boost to this from 80-85 so will just leave it at that)
Feather step: lowers enemy's critical evasion
-currently unknown as to how much each step adds (I'm currently testing this as well, but need HUGE sample sizes before I can come to anything conclusive)
Building flourish: enhances WS with +acc (unknown) +attack (unknown) and +Critical hit rate (unknown) with 3 FMs
-basically another way to get higher critical hit rates
So, an optimal evisceration will have the following: at least 50DEX over mobs AGI (cap @ 20% crit hit rate) full critical hit merits (+4% for a total of 24% crit hit rate) 3 FMs (unknown if this will help exceed the cap or bring you closer to it), 1 Climactic flourish hit, 5 levels of feather step (another unknown on cap), and any gear/traits that increases critical hit% damage.
OK, with all that said, I ran a parse against EP mobs in Ro'mave (was working on OA3 parazonium trial). Stats are the following.
WS Gear: (not my normal WS gear...missing 8 DEX from not using other kila+1 if you're wondering lol)
Crit hit damage +7% (5 from trait, 2 on anwig)
All WS were done with 3FM for evisceration and at least 2 for DE. Also all eviscerations had at least 2 levels of Feather step. CF application varied.
Evisceration: (avg) 1079 (high) 1511 (total WSs) 77
Dancing Edge: (avg) 1035 (high) 1361 (total WSs) 15
Conclusion: So with everything that can possibly buff Evis, it BARELY has an average WS damage over DE when done 5 Xs as much Obviously if the number of DEs matched the number of Eviscerations I would have topped average damage with DE. If these were higher level mobs, dDEX would be that much lower which would also favor DE over Evis. Of course there are variables that skewed my parse (WS acc, low WS parses from almost dead mobs, type of mobs, variable critical hits, etc). In a vacuum with perfect math variables maybe Evis would come out on top, but the fact that you have to spend at least 4 FMs to do that (1 CF, 3 BF) and only 2FM for DE gives DE the final advantage.
tl:dr DE > Evis
Disclaimer 1: yes I know that Evis has its advantages when it comes to SCing, not the purpose of this post though...
Disclaimer 2: yes I know my parse is a small sample size and doesn't have perfect variables, but I think its enough to come to a decent conclusion.
Disclaimer 3: yes I know I've been posting a lot lately...still got another week on vacation before I go back to work...so suck it =P
Edit: forgot to mention that all WS were max 6 hits for fairness (no double attacks from brutal earring or saber dance)
Did second parse to finish up my trial, number of WS are much closer to give a better look at the two WS
All above conditions were kept the same
Evisceration: (high)1538 (avg)1085 (number)72
Dancing edge: (high)1514 (avg)1272 (number)81
Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 10:54am by Kalisa
Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 5:00pm by Kalisa