Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Top 5 reasons why I hate other dancers...Follow

#1 Aug 13 2010 at 7:28 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,252 posts
Sorry, but gotta vent about this...most of my rancor comes from teaming up with other dancers to get trials done and I have come across some really REALLY horrible ones...most of them treating trials like campaign and just not giving a **** about how they perform...others I've seen in either regular xp parties or abyssea alliances who do the same.

#5: Not fulfilling their roles
If the duo/party/alliance is good on healing that's perfectly fine if you want to focus on DD...but you better be ready to switch to healing when needed...seen way too many DNCs do this (or just focus on healing when its not needed and refuse to DD)

#4: Using the same samba as another DNC in your party
This one is fairly new...I use a samba other DNC uses same samba...I try to stop and let them samba...then they stop using them....grrrrr

#3: Interrupting Self SCs
You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><

#2 AND #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming....whats even worse than that is that I see DNCs TPing or WS in these sets yet will at least macro a few pieces for waltzes or steps. Either way theres just no excuse...period

Oh well, I'm done ranting (for now)feel free to make ur own lists or rant...or call me elitist and rate me down...whatever floats your boat...I do feel a bit better though XD
____________________________
DNC: 90 THF: 90 RNG: Semi retired @90 RDM: Retired@75

lolblog: http://mithrasmemoirs.blogspot.com/
Elemental Magian Dagger Guide
Gearsets/etc
#2 Aug 13 2010 at 8:55 PM Rating: Excellent
**
513 posts
Oh god, I could name loads... I just find it astounding that there are, uh... so many "interpretations" of DNC out there.

I think you've probably covered the main ones, but the only one I can think of right now is DNCs who default to Quickstep even though the mob is easy prey and they have capped accuracy...
____________________________
RDM BLM DNC DRK WHM

Like attracts like.
#3 Aug 13 2010 at 10:57 PM Rating: Good
**
466 posts
I hate DNCs who:

  • Use Drain Samba when everyone is full HP (pre-45)

  • Use Drain Samba after 45.

  • Edited, Aug 14th 2010 12:57am by SakkaofValefor
    ____________________________

    #4 Aug 14 2010 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
    Scholar
    **
    776 posts
    Kalisa wrote:
    #4: Using the same samba as another DNC in your party
    This one is fairly new...I use a samba other DNC uses same samba...I try to stop and let them samba...then they stop using them....grrrrr


    What exactly is the problem with this one other than a bit of wasted TP? Only one samba effect can be applied to an enemy at a time, so if there are two DNCs, they **** well better be using the same one.
    ____________________________
    Character Name: Davrost
    Race: Tarutaru
    Server: Gilgamesh
    Current Job: BLU
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/poster.html?user=391454#FFXI_Characters
    Relic: SMN - 6/6, WAR - 6/6, BST - 5/5, BLM - 6/6, PLD: 2/5, MNK - 1/5, THF - 1/5, DNC - 6/6, BLU - 6/6, RDM - 1/5, SCH - 1/5, DRK - 2/5, WHM - 1/5
    Notable Crafts: WW: 73.1+2, AL: 60.0, CO: 60.0, LC: 60.0+1, CC: 54.3+1
    #5 Aug 14 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
    Sage
    ***
    1,252 posts
    Davrost wrote:
    Kalisa wrote:
    #4: Using the same samba as another DNC in your party
    This one is fairly new...I use a samba other DNC uses same samba...I try to stop and let them samba...then they stop using them....grrrrr


    What exactly is the problem with this one other than a bit of wasted TP? Only one samba effect can be applied to an enemy at a time, so if there are two DNCs, they **** well better be using the same one.


    Think you answered your own question there...it's wasted TP. Sambas don't stack so why would the other dnc use the same one when that one is already active? And it's not really a tiny bit of TP in the long run....if there are hundreds/thousands of mob to kill I would rather have that other dnc put that tp towards WSs....
    ____________________________
    DNC: 90 THF: 90 RNG: Semi retired @90 RDM: Retired@75

    lolblog: http://mithrasmemoirs.blogspot.com/
    Elemental Magian Dagger Guide
    Gearsets/etc
    #6 Aug 14 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Good
    ***
    2,815 posts
    I think the interrupting self-SC one isn't as much about other DNC as it's just about any other DD. I don't take it too hard because 1: It's usually a case of them initializing a windower macro that they can't stop once they notice you doing yours or 2: people just not watching what you're doing in general.

    I don't see that point as a valid reason to hate other DNC specifically.

    Also you gotta remember that a lot of people don't play this game as a hardcore professional sport. Which explains a lot of the less-than-ideal things in your list. Again it's not a reason to hate them.

    In general i file this OP under "having a bad day"

    Edited, Aug 14th 2010 2:34pm by RattyBatty
    ____________________________
    Minecraft : My anti-MMO
    Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
    #7 Aug 14 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
    **
    479 posts
    Kalisa wrote:


    #3: Interrupting Self SCs
    You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><


    Ha, try being a BLU! Seriously though, unless you are setting up the MB for some endgame event you can probably forget about the above not happening. I can't remember the last time I was able to self SC without interruption reliably. I honestly don't think anyone cares or they're not paying attention. And for something like Magian trials, all anyone cares about is using their TP and killing as fast as possible.
    ____________________________
    Sasaraixx
    Tarutaru!
    Gilgamesh
    BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
    #8 Aug 14 2010 at 10:40 PM Rating: Default
    *
    98 posts
    Thank you. There are way too many Dancer's out there that suck... I pushed my limits to prove dnc was worth something a year ago to my parties and EG LS, and guess what I did. Now i dont even touch my dnc because of the retards running around. If you pick a job play it right! you dont need the best EG equip to be a good player. Neither does having EG equip make you good. Just LEARN watch others, freaking ask others if youre confused. Not that hard! good luck... idiots ^~
    #9 Aug 15 2010 at 5:08 AM Rating: Excellent
    **
    513 posts
    Kalisa wrote:
    Davrost wrote:
    Kalisa wrote:
    #4: Using the same samba as another DNC in your party
    This one is fairly new...I use a samba other DNC uses same samba...I try to stop and let them samba...then they stop using them....grrrrr


    What exactly is the problem with this one other than a bit of wasted TP? Only one samba effect can be applied to an enemy at a time, so if there are two DNCs, they **** well better be using the same one.


    Think you answered your own question there...it's wasted TP. Sambas don't stack so why would the other dnc use the same one when that one is already active? And it's not really a tiny bit of TP in the long run....if there are hundreds/thousands of mob to kill I would rather have that other dnc put that tp towards WSs....
    Just an addendum to this, but I tend to prefer to use my own sambas regardless of what other DNCs in the party may be doing. It's chiefly a control thing (and getting in the swing of my own rhythm), but I also know what I've merited and, thus, I know what I'm getting. I've encountered DNCs that have what we might consider somewhat suspicious merits, e.g. one that fully merited Reverse Flourish (yay!) and Building Flourish (uh...).

    I think I'd rather have my own Haste Samba if that's the case. :D

    Edited, Aug 15th 2010 11:09am by Secretkeeper
    ____________________________
    RDM BLM DNC DRK WHM

    Like attracts like.
    #10 Aug 17 2010 at 3:45 AM Rating: Decent
    Avatar
    **
    301 posts
    im assuming haste samba is the only thing you use post 45? sorry my dnc is 43, i solo a lot as nin/dnc war/dnc so im used to drain (both are 76)and if i have fellow out i still use drain rather than have her as healer when im dnc. then again i spose id better hit 45 first :p
    ____________________________
    99 NIN/DNC/WAR/MNK/SAM/BST/WHM/RDM
    70 BLM/RNG
    #11 Aug 17 2010 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
    ****
    7,129 posts
    Depends on situation I think for Haste vs Drain or Aspir samba. Either way it'll depend on how much other haste/delay reduction you have - 5% in absence of anything else is going to be pretty marginal.
    ____________________________
    •• Isiolia - Mithra - Pandemo... Asura FU SE ••
    RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
    #12 Aug 17 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
    Sage
    ***
    1,252 posts
    Personally I don't use haste samba while soloing since you're only making yourself faster yet you don't gain as much TP back from using the 35% to put up haste samba (at least it doesn't seem so, will have to do the math on this). Same thing with drain samba unless I know I will be taking damage over time.

    Duo + I use haste samba. The TP used is justified by the whole group gaining tp faster thus increasing damage. Still don't use drain samba in this instance and just rely on waltzes to heal when needed.

    Probabaly not standard rule of thumb, but it works for me.
    ____________________________
    DNC: 90 THF: 90 RNG: Semi retired @90 RDM: Retired@75

    lolblog: http://mithrasmemoirs.blogspot.com/
    Elemental Magian Dagger Guide
    Gearsets/etc
    #13 Aug 17 2010 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,778 posts
    Quote:
    #3: Interrupting Self SCs
    You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><


    #2 AND #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
    I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming..


    These two also apply to Blue Mage and are seen all over the place on both jobs. Fortunately i have a DNC in LS who's gone out of his way to get a DD set if the situation calls for it.
    ____________________________
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
    #14 Aug 17 2010 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    *
    158 posts
    @Kalisa: lets say you're using two 200 delay daggers(just as a starting point). DW4+10%(two DW+ peices). 120 delay per dagger. 4.5 tp per fist, assuming rajas and /sam 5.4.

    Without any external haste, just 20% in gear. that's a effective delay of 96. in two minutes(duration of haste samba with AF head) you would gain 405 tp on average, before acc.

    With haste samba, 30% haste is 84 delay. which would produce ~462 tp in a 2 minute period, again before acc. which after spending the 35, is about a 5% increase in tp gain.

    both of these also assume constant attacking, the more time wasted between fights, and the more abilities you use, will lower the effectiveness of haste samba on tp gain. Lower accuracy will also decrease the effect of haste samba on tp gain. Gaining haste spell/marches will increase the usefulness of haste samba however, as will DA and similar weapons.

    Even at 0 base haste:
    no samba = 324 tp
    haste samba = 360 tp
    or a gain of 1 tp after cost(will be an overall loss after downtime/accuracy)

    But even at that point, the amount of damage that you do in a solo situation is going to increase, making haste samba still very worth it.
    ____________________________
    MNK75/SAM75/DNC75
    #15 Aug 18 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
    48 posts
    You can go to any job forum and see this type of thread. Most people don't care unless its a HNM or difficult mission. And you will still find ppl who dont care on those.
    #16 Aug 22 2010 at 10:09 AM Rating: Default
    Scholar
    Avatar
    **
    867 posts
    Quote:
    #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
    I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming....whats even worse than that is that I see DNCs TPing or WS in these sets yet will at least macro a few pieces for waltzes or steps. Either way theres just no excuse...period

    Although I do have full sets I do have better pieces I have equipped on certain slots, I still don't use gear swaps. You may call me lazy and I may get sub-default for this, but I honestly don't consider myself that hardcore and I really don't do much endgame other than Dynamis but I've never really had a problem there, I do my job regardless what I have equipped. I like solo play and even more I don't like carrying around more inventory then I have to, I'm sorry.
    #17 Aug 22 2010 at 7:06 PM Rating: Good
    **
    439 posts
    Quote:
    #2 AND #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
    I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming....whats even worse than that is that I see DNCs TPing or WS in these sets yet will at least macro a few pieces for waltzes or steps. Either way theres just no excuse...period


    I'm sorry, I am not fully comprehending this. I understand the full time gear, but when saying its worse to macro in waltz and step gear?

    ____________________________
    Whitefalcon
    Titan Server

    #18 Aug 25 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
    Sage
    ***
    1,252 posts
    whitefalcon wrote:
    Quote:
    #2 AND #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
    I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming....whats even worse than that is that I see DNCs TPing or WS in these sets yet will at least macro a few pieces for waltzes or steps. Either way theres just no excuse...period


    I'm sorry, I am not fully comprehending this. I understand the full time gear, but when saying its worse to macro in waltz and step gear?


    No, I said that they change gear for waltzes and steps, but still refusing to have a dedicated TP and WS set. In other words...half-assing..

    Quote:
    Although I do have full sets I do have better pieces I have equipped on certain slots, I still don't use gear swaps. You may call me lazy and I may get sub-default for this, but I honestly don't consider myself that hardcore and I really don't do much endgame other than Dynamis but I've never really had a problem there, I do my job regardless what I have equipped. I like solo play and even more I don't like carrying around more inventory then I have to, I'm sorry.


    Quite frankly i don't give two sh*ts about what people do when they solo, because that is your time and your way of playing...however as soon as you pair/party/alliance up you have an obligation to do your best to help out as the situation calls for it...like it or not but this is a group game and that's how it is.

    Quote:
    @Kalisa: lets say you're using two 200 delay daggers(just as a starting point). DW4+10%(two DW+ peices). 120 delay per dagger. 4.5 tp per fist, assuming rajas and /sam 5.4.

    Without any external haste, just 20% in gear. that's a effective delay of 96. in two minutes(duration of haste samba with AF head) you would gain 405 tp on average, before acc.

    With haste samba, 30% haste is 84 delay. which would produce ~462 tp in a 2 minute period, again before acc. which after spending the 35, is about a 5% increase in tp gain.

    both of these also assume constant attacking, the more time wasted between fights, and the more abilities you use, will lower the effectiveness of haste samba on tp gain. Lower accuracy will also decrease the effect of haste samba on tp gain. Gaining haste spell/marches will increase the usefulness of haste samba however, as will DA and similar weapons.

    Even at 0 base haste:
    no samba = 324 tp
    haste samba = 360 tp
    or a gain of 1 tp after cost(will be an overall loss after downtime/accuracy)

    But even at that point, the amount of damage that you do in a solo situation is going to increase, making haste samba still very worth it.


    Thanks for the numbers, I'll definitely fulltime haste samba now when soloing ^^


    ____________________________
    DNC: 90 THF: 90 RNG: Semi retired @90 RDM: Retired@75

    lolblog: http://mithrasmemoirs.blogspot.com/
    Elemental Magian Dagger Guide
    Gearsets/etc
    #19 Aug 30 2010 at 3:32 PM Rating: Decent
    Jack of All Trades
    ******
    29,191 posts
    Quote:
    #4: Using the same samba as another DNC in your party
    This one is fairly new...I use a samba other DNC uses same samba...I try to stop and let them samba...then they stop using them....grrrrr


    When others have sambas along with me, I just ignore it and keep doing my own thing as if they weren't even there. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not wasting TP; he's wasting his.


    Quote:
    #3: Interrupting Self SCs
    You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><


    This has happened with almost every single use of Meikyo Shisui I've ever seen in a party, ever. Even if the SAM tells his party that he's about to use it.


    Quote:
    Personally I don't use haste samba while soloing since you're only making yourself faster yet you don't gain as much TP back from using the 35% to put up haste samba (at least it doesn't seem so, will have to do the math on this). Same thing with drain samba unless I know I will be taking damage over time.


    Samba usage while soloing primarily depends on whether or not you are playing the whole steps+FMs+RF game. If you're mostly just straight meleeing it, it's still worthwhile to use a (merited) Haste or a Drain Samba. If you are spamming all those other JAs, not so much.
    #20 Sep 04 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
    ***
    1,056 posts
    Asyrian wrote:
    Quote:
    #1: No gear swaps/using full sets for EVERYTHING
    I don't care if you think you look pretty in your full aurore or full AF/Relic...these sets are NOT for fulltiming....whats even worse than that is that I see DNCs TPing or WS in these sets yet will at least macro a few pieces for waltzes or steps. Either way theres just no excuse...period

    Although I do have full sets I do have better pieces I have equipped on certain slots, I still don't use gear swaps. You may call me lazy and I may get sub-default for this, but I honestly don't consider myself that hardcore and I really don't do much endgame other than Dynamis but I've never really had a problem there, I do my job regardless what I have equipped. I like solo play and even more I don't like carrying around more inventory then I have to, I'm sorry.


    I would call you lazy, but that is worse than lazy. You HAVE the gear, you just don't want to hit a macro. Hell, with windower, you don't even have to hit a second macro, you can just put whatever gearset you want into the cure/WS macro you want and switch back into a TP set.

    Gearswaps aren't just for endgame, gearswaps are the difference between my 500~ CW4s and my 700+ CW4s. Gearswaps are the difference between 400-500 DEs and 900-1000 DEs. Gearswaps are the difference between having TP for a WS in 20 seconds and 50 seconds. If you haven't seen much of a problem, it's because you don't do it and haven't seen anything different. Do what you want when you're solo since the only one you're affecting is yourself, but don't get defensive and talk about getting sub-defaulted and called lazy when you come in and tell people you knowingly and willingly don't play your job correctly.
    ____________________________
    HeavenisticChaos Linkshell forums
    #21 Sep 05 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Decent
    36 posts
    I quite agree with some of your points and can well understand your situation. If someone else have sambas with me , maybe I will just ignore it and will not let my life be interrupted by these things.Actually, it is not I but He is wasting the TP.
    #22 Sep 17 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Default
    *
    81 posts
    Kalisa wrote:

    #3: Interrupting Self SCs
    You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><



    Sasaraixx wrote:
    Ha, try being a BLU! Seriously though, unless you are setting up the MB for some endgame event you can probably forget about the above not happening. I can't remember the last time I was able to self SC without interruption reliably. I honestly don't think anyone cares or they're not paying attention. And for something like Magian trials, all anyone cares about is using their TP and killing as fast as possible.


    Not to be rude, but you're aware Chain Affinity and Wild Flourish can chain with other people's weaponskills, right?
    #23 Sep 17 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
    **
    692 posts
    okcin wrote:
    Kalisa wrote:

    #3: Interrupting Self SCs
    You know I'm trying to SC and you either interrupt it with something that doesn't complete the SC I'm going for...or use something that doesn't SC at all...even after I tell them to stop ><



    Sasaraixx wrote:
    Ha, try being a BLU! Seriously though, unless you are setting up the MB for some endgame event you can probably forget about the above not happening. I can't remember the last time I was able to self SC without interruption reliably. I honestly don't think anyone cares or they're not paying attention. And for something like Magian trials, all anyone cares about is using their TP and killing as fast as possible.


    Not to be rude, but you're aware Chain Affinity and Wild Flourish can chain with other people's weaponskills, right?


    Not to be rude, but did you even read the text that you quoted?
    ____________________________
    Kaishen
    Galka of Bahamut
    EndlessFriends Linkshell
    [DNC90] [WAR90] [MNK90]
    #24 Sep 17 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Decent
    *
    81 posts
    KaishenRamuh wrote:


    Not to be rude, but did you even read the text that you quoted?

    Excellent point. I see where I erred in my statement.

    Anyway, it doesn't take much communication (none with tparty) to set up a skillchain with another DD. It's much easier to throw out one ability before or after another DD weaponskills than to throw out 2, hoping no one else uses one. You claim it's other DDs who fail to realize you're using your abilities, when using them more responsibly would severely reduce or eliminate the problems with interrupting.
    #25 Sep 18 2010 at 6:47 AM Rating: Excellent
    *
    100 posts
    my biggest gripe of other dancers, and this is when leveling other jobs through the levels and a dnc is in pty....is when the mob dies, and the puller is out looking for a mob (again lower levels, not super chain parties) they will do a haste samba, or even drain samba....and stand there...and then mob gets to camp like 30 seconds later. To me its such a waste of time, its ticking down the second you do the dance...i always dance just as mob arrives. Just my biggest irk but still slight compared to other horror stories out there lol
    #26 Oct 20 2010 at 6:07 AM Rating: Good
    Avatar
    3 posts
    Number 5 gets me.

    Is it really that bad in the later levels? I'm currently a level 47 dancer and whenever I'm with another dancer it always ends in headaches for me. The other dancer hardly heals, sambas, and rarely enfeebles. You would think a party with 2 of the same classes would be competing with each other to see who is better but no.. :S
    Reply To Thread

    Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

     

    Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CDT
    Anonymous Guests (13)