I'm just returning to FFXI and a 51 PUP, I see on the forums that there has been some AMAZING improvements for us! I sadly, never got to level cap on other jobs before (66 was my highest) in the past, so a lot of the details that you guys go into is a bit confusing. Also, a lot of the PUP guides are a few years old so some content is out of date. Luckily, I was able to obtain most the attachments I needed to be effective before they raised the cap... so I have a few questions.
1. Did they add new attachments with the level cap increase?
2. What is the PUP's main role these days? I remember tanking through the 40's with PUP healing and buffing, I also remember being a DD with my automaton as a RNG.
3. What subjobs are recommended and when would you use them? I loved using DNC to solo, voke, and self heal if needed.
4. Before my leave, I've briefly dabbled in Campaign on my 63 RDM, and felt a little bit ineffective. Do people still do campaign and when is it recommended to head there?
5. Are there any current sites that you would recommend for more information? I know it's probably out of date, but I use to use http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/PUP
6. Are there any good solo location guides?
Thanks again for your time and responses!