Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PUP h2h weaponFollow

#1 Aug 25 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
*
121 posts
Ok im working twords the empy for pup but i dont know wtf to use in the mean time i just came back from a 2 year break and busting my **** to get the +2 af .. **** pink boots i want to nurn them ... but anyway whats the best h2h aside from empy to get to hold me over? im useing the

Furor Cesti
(Hand-to-Hand) All Races
DMG: +22 Delay: +30 STR +2
"Subtle Blow" +8
Lv. 90 MNK / PUP

but im not sure anymore tbh so any help would be awesome and WS set would be sweet if anyone has a good one for pummel and smite for the future ^^


Thanks in advance

Ghost ~
____________________________
[ffxisig]91788[/ffxisig]
MEREE SMN Build http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?91788
#2Xiozen, Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 11:28 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'll tell you what works well for me, ToM Ursine Claws +2 Dmg 30 Dbl Attck +10
#3 Aug 25 2011 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
*
173 posts
See this post in a similar thread.

Fire will be best, Ice are quickest to make, and Burats are an excellent, very easy/quick-to-get option (probably best reward for least amount of time).

Also, I do not recommend those Ursine Claws. They feed lots of tp and are too much work to get.
____________________________
PUP90
Selka - Bismarck server
#4 Aug 25 2011 at 1:47 PM Rating: Default
SelkaSeraph wrote:
See this post in a similar thread.

Fire will be best, Ice are quickest to make, and Burats are an excellent, very easy/quick-to-get option (probably best reward for least amount of time).

Also, I do not recommend those Ursine Claws. They feed lots of tp and are too much work to get.


It's interesting for you to not recommend something you don't own^^... and since you said "they feed lots of tp and are too much work to get" I can see from the quote you've never owned a pair.

I can at least speak from experience... the mobs I fought during my 3 hour stint in Dominion Ops (solo) last night didn't live long enough to use a tp move. I used Sharpshot frame, (string pummel for avg 3k dmg + armor shatterer another 2.5k dmg = fusion for another 1.5k dmg...= dead mob). Also, that's the reason why i used Sea Daughter atma... 5 per tick regain effect pretty much ensured a weapon skill was always at the ready...either w/ me or my automaton. So to complain about these weapons feeding too much tp on mobs that generally don't live long enough to get their first tp move off is really irrelevant if you know how to play effectively.

Now your other point about being too much work... I'll clarify to say its not too much... it's a lot, but not too much. It does take a lot of time, especially solo...with a duo or group, it would go a lot faster.



____________________________
Puppetmaster 90, Dark Knight 90, White Mage 90, Blue Mage 90, Paladin 90

Abyssea or bust... where's Campaign, Besieged... Salvage... Sea... Sky... I want... I want... I want...
#5 Aug 25 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
*
173 posts
Xiozen wrote:
SelkaSeraph wrote:
See this post in a similar thread.

Fire will be best, Ice are quickest to make, and Burats are an excellent, very easy/quick-to-get option (probably best reward for least amount of time).

Also, I do not recommend those Ursine Claws. They feed lots of tp and are too much work to get.
Now your other point about being too much work... I'll clarify to say its not too much... it's a lot, but not too much. It does take a lot of time, especially solo...with a duo or group, it would go a lot faster.

This is obviously the main point. The OP wants something quick, easy, and of decent quality. Thus, my suggestions (Fire fangs being the least quick to obtain). Your suggestion is to spend a buuuunch of time making something that isn't spectacular enough for the time you put into it (as a starting weapon). Those are a poor man's Veres.

Now before you throw out more accusations, know that I have a pair of OA4 claws. I know from experience that they add lots of tp, and you gain lots of tp in return. Have you ever fought an NM with weapons like this? Your ls mates and tanks don't generally like you hitting that much for tp, even if you are the tank (I use Fire or Wind claws for tanking).

If you want quick tp from your weapon (for abyssea procs, dyna procs, etc), make OA4X; they are tons of fun to play with. If you want high damage, make Fire claws, (maybe Revenant Fists), or Veres.
____________________________
PUP90
Selka - Bismarck server
#6 Aug 25 2011 at 4:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
162 posts
arguments aside(hes making an emp, which blows oat/da away...possibly fire too) in terms of speed, ice h2h are by far the quickest to make and double as good nuke weapons if you ever get into a puppet nuke scenerio. Next would be eva iirc, which again have some good utility that emp wont provide you. And if you want to skip magians altogether, then burts will be the best time investment.

As for pummel set its been awhile but i think mine was;

Anwig/soil/brutal/merman's
cirque+2/cirque+2/rajas/epona's
pantin cape/soil belt/usukane/cirque+2

____________________________
Nariont, San d'Orian/Windurst rank 10
BLU75 THF75 DRK75 PUP75
Sky,Sea: O
spells: 104/105
#7 Aug 25 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
SelkaSeraph wrote:
Fire will be best, Ice are quickest to make, and Burats are an excellent, very easy/quick-to-get option (probably best reward for least amount of time).


This is exactly correct. Burattinaios may not be god tier any more since the regain was changed from 10tp to 1tp, but they're still an excellent 90cap weapon and far faster to obtain than doing the Fire path. I would agree that right now they're best reward for least about of time, and if you're confident you will get Vereth/Rev Fists, they'll be a good piece to hold you over.

Note that if new trials are added in the 95cap update, there's a good chance the magian weapons will improve more and Burts will lag behind. As for the non-empy magian weapons, just like Selka says, Fire are best, Ice (pet MAB+) are good and fast to make, and you can get some situational use out of Wind (evasion) and Earth (pet -PDT). The Ice and Earth weapons are worth a special note since they would still be situationally useful even if you had an empy weapon - if you run into a situation where you're solely focused on pet nuking (ice claws) or pet tanking (earth claws), might still want to pull them out.

The WS path Barracudas +2 (WS DMG+10% ones) are decent too, and I'll be very interested to see what the next step is for those. I wouldn't count them out as a possible contender with good enough additional trials. They aren't exactly quick to make though.

Niriont wrote:
Anwig/soil/brutal/merman's
cirque+2/cirque+2/rajas/epona's
pantin cape/soil belt/usukane/cirque+2


This is definitely a good Stringing Pummel set, but a few tweaks to improve would be:
- Replace Merman's with Kemas or Aesir
- Replace Pantin with Vellaunus'
- Epona's/Spiral is actually the best SP ring combo - you gain VIT+5 (a strong WS mod) from Spiral in exchange for giving up +5 DEX/STP/Subtle Blow from Rajas. A worthwhile trade. Of course, Rajas/Epona is still the ideal TP pair.

Edited, Aug 25th 2011 7:04pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#8 Aug 25 2011 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
162 posts
ah kema's was it. Going mostly by memory here. If you have enough mp merits would onerios(sp)/epona's be a better pair of rings to use?
____________________________
Nariont, San d'Orian/Windurst rank 10
BLU75 THF75 DRK75 PUP75
Sky,Sea: O
spells: 104/105
#9 Aug 26 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Default
SelkaSeraph wrote:
Xiozen wrote:
SelkaSeraph wrote:
See this post in a similar thread.

Fire will be best, Ice are quickest to make, and Burats are an excellent, very easy/quick-to-get option (probably best reward for least amount of time).

Also, I do not recommend those Ursine Claws. They feed lots of tp and are too much work to get.
Now your other point about being too much work... I'll clarify to say its not too much... it's a lot, but not too much. It does take a lot of time, especially solo...with a duo or group, it would go a lot faster.

This is obviously the main point. The OP wants something quick, easy, and of decent quality. Thus, my suggestions (Fire fangs being the least quick to obtain). Your suggestion is to spend a buuuunch of time making something that isn't spectacular enough for the time you put into it (as a starting weapon). Those are a poor man's Veres.

Now before you throw out more accusations, know that I have a pair of OA4 claws. I know from experience that they add lots of tp, and you gain lots of tp in return. Have you ever fought an NM with weapons like this? Your ls mates and tanks don't generally like you hitting that much for tp, even if you are the tank (I use Fire or Wind claws for tanking).

If you want quick tp from your weapon (for abyssea procs, dyna procs, etc), make OA4X; they are tons of fun to play with. If you want high damage, make Fire claws, (maybe Revenant Fists), or Veres.


I'm not going to throw you any accuations, rest assured. I actually owned the OA4 before swapping them out for the current pair I possess at the moment and I had a lot of fun playing with them. Unfortunatley, the dmg was very low, compared to what I'm using now. My logic (again based on the fact I LOVE multi-hit weapons) was to re-do the path... and it WAS painful but do-able solo... and acquire a higher dps weapon that also allowed for multi-hit. As I previously posted, this weapon does significantly higher dmg than the oA4 but does not swing nearly as much... so the tp gain on the oA4 is much much higher than the double attack +10, I made a great choice with this change... and just in time for a possible upgrade with the late Sept. version update.

The point is if you like multi-hit, go with Ursine Claws +30, double attack +10, if you don't care for that, choose other alternatives...simple as that.
____________________________
Puppetmaster 90, Dark Knight 90, White Mage 90, Blue Mage 90, Paladin 90

Abyssea or bust... where's Campaign, Besieged... Salvage... Sea... Sky... I want... I want... I want...
#10 Aug 27 2011 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
JamesGhostdragon wrote:
Ok im working twords the empy for pup but i dont know wtf to use in the mean time i just came back from a 2 year break and busting my **** to get the +2 af .. **** pink boots i want to nurn them ... but anyway whats the best h2h aside from empy to get to hold me over? im useing the

Furor Cesti
(Hand-to-Hand) All Races
DMG: +22 Delay: +30 STR +2
"Subtle Blow" +8
Lv. 90 MNK / PUP

but im not sure anymore tbh so any help would be awesome and WS set would be sweet if anyone has a good one for pummel and smite for the future ^^


Thanks in advance

Ghost ~


I'll also throw in Burat. If anyone is doing the VNM, they may not even want them (as this is quite common) so if you look around, you may obtain them very easily. A friend of mine had a Leviathan pop and no one wanted them, so I got them rather easily.
#11 Aug 27 2011 at 11:21 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Annalise wrote:
I'll also throw in Burat. If anyone is doing the VNM, they may not even want them (as this is quite common) so if you look around, you may obtain them very easily. A friend of mine had a Leviathan pop and no one wanted them, so I got them rather easily.


Plus, you can get a T3 VNM pop and then shout for people who need it - often people after the souls will even pay you to pop it (or just give em the souls in exchange to the H2H going to you). Upgrading a T1 is simple to solo (go to Visions zones), T2 Chione isn't a bad fight and you can get people who need +1 seals to help.

Once you get a T3 pop, just reserve the H2H weapon for yourself and pop during a time when you have a good chance of blue proc.
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#12 Sep 06 2011 at 5:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
@ OP

Yeah burratinaios is the fastest bang for your time. I actually don't own a fire taipan, I been using High Damage OAT Ursines until I got Burts, now using Revenant +2 and playing with other options.


BURRATINAIOS
Base Dmg 29
Delay 51
Stats: +5STR +5DEX +1 Automaton Regain.

Competitive base dmg and delay you can pick off the floor in Abyssea Uleground.





Next would be Fire Taipan ( Don't own one so I can't really vouch for it ), the stats on it are pretty hefty though in abyssea, it would probably pale due to the atmas and cruor buffs offering so much of said stats. Outside abyssea you should notice a big gain.

FIRE TAIPAN +2
Base Dmg 29
Delay 61 , tad slower.
Stats: +9 STR +20 Atk




Edit:

@Anza
You mentioned Barracudas +2 a few times in the past so I decided to make one the past 2 days and I'm getting some interesting results. On Buffaloes ( IT ) as pup/war I was averaging 2.7k and spiking up to 5.7k on Smite with Revenant Fist +2. But with Barracuda +2 I was surprised it was averaging a little higher, not by much but still very interesting, 2.8-2.9k and as high as 4.5k ( RR VV AoA , zerk and warcry were present for highest spike dmg numbers ). I'm curious to see its performance outside of abyssea sometime soon where Woe Smite h2h doesn't do so hot in.

And can't wait till the update. I'd like to see what Rev Fists +2, Barracudas +2, HQ OaT +2, MaB, and Evasion become O_O, anyone on the testing server see the +3 paths? I remember someone on BG already listing staff +3's ( though conceptual ).

Edited, Sep 6th 2011 7:32am by takawaka
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
#13 Sep 06 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Decent
takawaka wrote:
@ OP

Yeah burratinaios is the fastest bang for your time. I actually don't own a fire taipan, I been using High Damage OAT Ursines until I got Burts, now using Revenant +2 and playing with other options.


BURRATINAIOS
Base Dmg 29
Delay 51
Stats: +5STR +5DEX +1 Automaton Regain.

Competitive base dmg and delay you can pick off the floor in Abyssea Uleground.





Next would be Fire Taipan ( Don't own one so I can't really vouch for it ), the stats on it are pretty hefty though in abyssea, it would probably pale due to the atmas and cruor buffs offering so much of said stats. Outside abyssea you should notice a big gain.

FIRE TAIPAN +2
Base Dmg 29
Delay 61 , tad slower.
Stats: +9 STR +20 Atk




Edit:

@Anza
You mentioned Barracudas +2 a few times in the past so I decided to make one the past 2 days and I'm getting some interesting results. On Buffaloes ( IT ) as pup/war I was averaging 2.7k and spiking up to 5.7k on Smite with Revenant Fist +2. But with Barracuda +2 I was surprised it was averaging a little higher, not by much but still very interesting, 2.8-2.9k and as high as 4.5k ( RR VV AoA , zerk and warcry were present for highest spike dmg numbers ). I'm curious to see its performance outside of abyssea sometime soon where Woe Smite h2h doesn't do so hot in.

And can't wait till the update. I'd like to see what Rev Fists +2, Barracudas +2, HQ OaT +2, MaB, and Evasion become O_O, anyone on the testing server see the +3 paths? I remember someone on BG already listing staff +3's ( though conceptual ).

Edited, Sep 6th 2011 7:32am by takawaka


Unfortunately, I haven't spent a LOT of time on the test server but I did take a look at the weapon path of the Double attack (since I made one not too long ago and was in a hurry)...the TotM path for the Ursine Claws +2, Dmg +30, Dbl Attck +10 Delay +86 only added +3 (no change to delay or double attck), required 200 silver mirrors...(an item to be added with the update)... that's all I know for now.

Just an FYI...




____________________________
Puppetmaster 90, Dark Knight 90, White Mage 90, Blue Mage 90, Paladin 90

Abyssea or bust... where's Campaign, Besieged... Salvage... Sea... Sky... I want... I want... I want...
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)