Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Attachment updates - what would you change?Follow

#1 Aug 23 2011 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
So, since S-E seems like they're looking into modifying some of the current attachments, what would you change?

My suggestions:

Drum Magazine: Make it automaton snapshot, no effect on Racc. Since automaton ranged attacks are technically treated like a JA, just make it reduce the "recast" time by something like 5/10/20/25%

Replicator, Heat Capacitor, Eraser:
Make them not consume maneuvers, and just have a hidden ability timer where the automaton will use the ability if the timer is ready and maneuver is up (like Flashbulb or Shock Absorber).

Inhibitor: Just remove the WS AI from it altogether, and make it be a Store TP attachment (or even better, Regain - 0/1/2/3 tp per tick). I'd use it on Sharpshot. As it is now, you're just asking for it to do a bad WS at a bad time. Even if you are doing a WS that the puppet will finish with a good SC, if anyone else does a WS the automaton will want to complete their chain. Inevitably using something awful like String Clipper.

Strobe: Make the Provoke stronger, make it reduce enmity decay

Armor Plates: I love the idea the devs are apparently looking at, changing these to -PDT instead of defense.

Tactical Processor: Just get rid of it, LOL. Seriously though, could use it to reduce recast time of the "JA" like abilities associated with attachments that are on hidden timers.

Scanner or Damage Gauge:
You COULD use these to adjust automaton AI (i.e. make it prioritize cure over -na, make Spiritreaver not use Aspir/Drain). However, I'm a little reluctant to say they should do this. It shouldn't cost us an attachment slot to get better AI, that should just be a plain AI fix without needing attachments. But I guess an attachment giving the same effect would be better than nothing.



Edited, Aug 23rd 2011 6:36pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#2 Aug 23 2011 at 7:54 PM Rating: Good
***
1,238 posts
Id say get almost anything static can probably go.

Fire
Attuner -instead of ignoring level correction just make these ignore %defense of mob so it works on it down to ep

Flame holder - remove flame consumption

Heat capacitor - would have preferred this to be a regain, also fix it and remove the flame consumption like promised

Inhibitor - See anza's
strobe - see anza's


Ice
Loud speaker 1/2 - fine, but could be slightly larger as you level (if possible)

mana booster - would like this to affect frames differently (aka -2/4/6/8 blm and -4/8/12/16 for whm)

scanner - honestly? delete its current function, make it 'sense' skill chains and ignore recast time to burst a skill chain.

tactical processor - idk.. use it to fix whm ai?

tranquilizer - very blah at high levels, maybe add 'take full benefit from day weather' as well as not casting spells that heal the mob

wind
accelerator 1/2 - beef it up...a lot, it would be so nice if this added more at 99 then it did at level 1...

drum magazine - range attack needs to be every 10 seconds with this +1 wind maneuver, dont care about % or -seconds. Just as long as im not waiting 22s in between arrows.

replicator - can it go from 1 shadow at level 1 to 5 shadows at level 99?

thunder
dynamo - double the crit rates across the board

stabilizer 1/2 - so small of an affect at 90, would really like this to scale better as you level and actually serve a purpose at 99.

target marker - see attuner

water
mana channeler - so worthless, it really needs to be 2-3x the amount of MAB to even justify using this over ice maker.

mana jammer - like the MDB, but would also like an addition - MDT added


light
auto repair - for the love of jebus, make the regen on this worth something (needs to be 20/tic at 99 with 1 light maneuver up)







Edited, Aug 23rd 2011 9:56pm by dustinfoley
#3 Aug 23 2011 at 10:30 PM Rating: Good
Haven't been playing since april so I am a little rusty going back so I am gonna just rebut what anza said. I personally use inhibitor A LOT while soloing with the mage frames. Given the fact our strongest choice in weaponskills always seem to force knock out.

However I understand why anza wants STP so I think they should just separate the attachments and make it so the one that has the weaponskill AI give skill chain damage bonus(Something relevant to what the AI part of the attachment doing.) Cause, let's face it, without it it's just dumb luck to have our pets close a weaponskill so that's the only way we get use out of a attachment with that effect.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#4 Aug 24 2011 at 12:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,869 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
scanner - honestly? delete its current function, make it 'sense' skill chains and ignore recast time to burst a skill chain.


Good idea!

Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
Haven't been playing since april so I am a little rusty going back so I am gonna just rebut what anza said. I personally use inhibitor A LOT while soloing with the mage frames. Given the fact our strongest choice in weaponskills always seem to force knock out.

However I understand why anza wants STP so I think they should just separate the attachments and make it so the one that has the weaponskill AI give skill chain damage bonus(Something relevant to what the AI part of the attachment doing.) Cause, let's face it, without it it's just dumb luck to have our pets close a weaponskill so that's the only way we get use out of a attachment with that effect.


Yeah, I see your point, that is a viable use for the holding TP/skillchain aspect of inhibitor...

Perhaps you're right, just split the attachments up. Maybe leave inhibitor as the Store TP or regain attachment, and use... TACTICAL PROCESSOR? to make the puppet save TP to finish WS?
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#5 Aug 24 2011 at 2:03 AM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
I already replied with basically the same to Anza in the official forums, but to reiterate: I like Inhibitor the way it is, with the current weaponskills the automatons get. Both Armor Piercer and String Shredder make good skillchains with Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite, and the master, even considering the automaton's STP, gets TP much faster, so most of the time, they will skillchain with us, not having to wait much (and thus wasting TP).


Drum Magazine: Although I prefer Dustin's suggestion, let's assume for a moment that the devs are adamant about some attachments having a downside. In that case, this could be transformed into: "Snapshot for ranged attacks, slow for melee". Make the increase in speed of ranged attacks potent enough, of course, so that it is worth to keep the auto at range with this attachment. With 10>7>5>3 RA delay and 25%>35%>45%>60% slow at 0>1>2>3 maneuvers, I would use Sharpshot at range in many situations.

Eraser: Don't consume ANY maneuvers.

Dynamo: Increase crit rate overall.

Tactical Processor: Does what we thought it would do. For example: Shield Bash reacts in time to stun spells of medium-high casting time with 0 Ice up, with 1 ice up it stuns fast casting spells and TP moves with some readying time, 2 ice stuns anything but instant TP moves, and 3, I don't know, maybe it has a chance to stun even (nearly) instant TP moves?
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#6 Aug 24 2011 at 7:03 AM Rating: Good
*
173 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
Ice
scanner - honestly? delete its current function, make it 'sense' skill chains and ignore recast time to burst a skill chain.

Might be viable if it didn't take foreeeeever to cast a tier V nuke :(

Some kind of fast cast is badly needed.
____________________________
PUP90
Selka - Bismarck server
#7 Aug 24 2011 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
***
1,238 posts
Tactical processor - adds fast cast ><

fixed
#8 Aug 24 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
947 posts
Quote:

Drum Magazine: Although I prefer Dustin's suggestion, let's assume for a moment that the devs are adamant about some attachments having a downside. In that case, this could be transformed into: "Snapshot for ranged attacks, slow for melee". Make the increase in speed of ranged attacks potent enough, of course, so that it is worth to keep the auto at range with this attachment. With 10>7>5>3 RA delay and 25%>35%>45%>60% slow at 0>1>2>3 maneuvers, I would use Sharpshot at range in many situations.


That's essentially a tiered version of Ranger's velocity shot. I don't see a reason they couldn't do that.
#9 Aug 24 2011 at 6:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,869 posts
TaimMeich wrote:
I like Inhibitor the way it is, with the current weaponskills the automatons get. Both Armor Piercer and String Shredder make good skillchains with Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite, and the master, even considering the automaton's STP, gets TP much faster, so most of the time, they will skillchain with us, not having to wait much (and thus wasting TP).


Yes, but what happens when you're in a party with other people? Puppet will follow their WS too, so you better hope nobody else uses a WS when your puppet is at 100tp+ (or that they're using one that doesn't cause your puppet to bust out an Arcuballista or some other garbage WS). If you were talking PUP and automaton only, I'd agree... but I play in parties with other DDs a lot, and I'd like to be able to simply increase TP generation for my puppet instead. Therefore, splitting up the Store TP aspect and WS/Skillchain AI aspect would appeal to me.

Quote:
Drum Magazine: Although I prefer Dustin's suggestion, let's assume for a moment that the devs are adamant about some attachments having a downside.


I see your point, and your suggestion is pretty clever to give a use for a truly RANGED RNG frame. But I would add they they're obviously not adamant about having a downside in many cases. We have Turbo Charger, Mana Booster, Tranqulizer, all the tier I/II attachments, etc. I see no reason why if we have attachments granting haste for melee and faster recast time for mage, with no downside, we can't have one to increase rate of ranged attack too.

Also, oooh fast cast on Tactical Processor I likey.

And you know what else... I think they should just reduce the capacity cost of each element's tier I/II attachments by 1 each. Instead of, say, Loudspeaker I and II costing 2 and 3 slots respectively, just make em cost 1 and 2 ice slots.

Edited, Aug 24th 2011 8:20pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#10 Aug 25 2011 at 12:44 AM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
Tactical processor - adds fast cast ><

fixed


Yes, yes, yes. This is probably the better option, fixing TP and adding fast cast at the same time.

Anza wrote:
Yes, but what happens when you're in a party with other people?


I wish I did that more often ;_;

Still, I see your point. Splitting Store TP and skillchain AI would be ideal, you're right. In fact, they could change Scanner to not only react to Magic Bursts, but also to skillchains. This way mage and melee puppets get to use it, and we save attachment slots and gil ^^;

Quote:
And you know what else... I think they should just reduce the capacity cost of each element's tier I/II attachments by 1 each. Instead of, say, Loudspeaker I and II costing 2 and 3 slots respectively, just make em cost 1 and 2 ice slots.


That would be a good start at lowering elemental costs, and a pretty reasonable one, in my opinion.
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#11 Aug 25 2011 at 1:51 AM Rating: Decent
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
dustinfoley wrote:
Tactical processor - adds fast cast


____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (20)