Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

CondenserFollow

#1 Apr 13 2010 at 8:58 AM Rating: Decent
**
376 posts
so i just dropped 700k on this, completely furious i didnt get one last year when it was like 200k..

but i noticed the description says MAY remove a water to prevent overload. does this sometimes fail and overload even with a water up?
____________________________


#3 Apr 13 2010 at 9:17 AM Rating: Decent
**
376 posts
alright cool. i was gonna say, 700k is a bit steep for a maybe
____________________________


#4 Apr 13 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Also, keep in mind that it works as a water is cycled out; for spiritreaver I throw up a water then 3 ices, as the 3rd ice is cycled in the water can still be removed in order to prevent an overload (so basically the water doesn't have to be visible to work). If that made any sense at all.
____________________________
~Itege~Cerberus~
90PUP/90DRG/90NIN/90DRK
LordFaramir wrote:
Ya know, you're really similiar to me, whether you like that or not :p, but you need a catgirl display picture.

#5 Apr 13 2010 at 12:46 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,733 posts
itege wrote:
Also, keep in mind that it works as a water is cycled out; for spiritreaver I throw up a water then 3 ices, as the 3rd ice is cycled in the water can still be removed in order to prevent an overload (so basically the water doesn't have to be visible to work). If that made any sense at all.
This. Basically if you have water > ice > ice currently up (with water being the first maneuver you put up), with condenser you can put up that 3rd ice maneuver successfully 100% of the time. You may not overload, in which nothing will happen, or you may overload, in which the water maneuver will get erased just as it gets pushed off the list, in which still nothing will happen.

And yes you should've invested in one a long time ago. Same could be said of the Tranquilizer and Economizer.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
Stylish plugin for Firefox | ZAM/Allakhazam Widescreen/ad-free Stylish theme
#6 Apr 13 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
561 posts
One final note, you should also be aware that you can still overload on Water maneuvers, even if you have one active prior to putting up a new one.
____________________________
Kairyu
75 MNK: The "Star breaker"
75 PUP: The "Master of manipulation"
Asura server

Quote:
Hey now, that "decision-making time" is very useful.
I couldn't decide which movie to see last-week, I put up an Ice Maneuver and BOOM, my automaton immediately figured it out for me.
#7 Apr 13 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
196 posts
You're lucky, on Valefor it's running up to 1.5 million.
#8 Apr 14 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
376 posts
Quote:
And yes you should've invested in one a long time ago. Same could be said of the Tranquilizer and Economizer.


yeah i shouldve, i put it off while i was leveling pld and rng because my pup kinda got closeted for a while ...also need *sigh* optic fiber.. which has gone from 100k to 800 >.>
____________________________


#9 Apr 14 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,865 posts
While AH prices suck now for PUPs who want the Targeting the Captain attachments, I'm comfortable calling it even due to the insane prices I paid for now dirt cheap stuff like Attuner and Target Marker. Even with the 2006-2007 "inflation era" prices, having dropped 1mil for Attuner when you can grab one for 5k now makes me sad sometimes.

Also: Woo today's my Targeting the Captain run (it's not really that hard to gather up a group to regularly do the Ashu Talif fights). I'll be damned if somebody's gonna lot an automaton attachment on my run just because they "need" it, but it's a nice source of gil split between party members and improves attachment availability (and I and my group would have no issue giving a "party member discount" if someone wanted to buy the attachment before it gets AHed).
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#10 Apr 14 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
**
376 posts
what are the rates on getting attatchments in that fight?
____________________________


#11 May 08 2010 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Sorry to tell you guys but you CAN get overload with water up.

I also just dropped 700k on this and already have had an overload with water right in the middle of my active maneuvers. I know because i was looking right at it when it happened.

Also right after overload wore off, first maneuver i tried to put up was water which led to another overload.

So to say this attachment never fails is definitely wrong. But it has been working most of the time in my experiences today.

To summarize, I had it fail while water was actively on, and while putting up a water maneuver. This is within hours of test-driving it.

Edited, May 8th 2010 12:38pm by RattyBatty

Quote:
One final note, you should also be aware that you can still overload on Water maneuvers, even if you have one active prior to putting up a new one.

Sounds like this might have been the reason. How would one go about lowering water overload rates?

Edited, May 8th 2010 1:30pm by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#12 May 08 2010 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
551 posts
Quote:
Sorry to tell you guys but you CAN get overload with water up.

I also just dropped 700k on this and already have had an overload with water right in the middle of my active maneuvers. I know because i was looking right at it when it happened.

Also right after overload wore off, first maneuver i tried to put up was water which led to another overload.

So to say this attachment never fails is definitely wrong. But it has been working most of the time in my experiences today.

To summarize, I had it fail while water was actively on, and while putting up a water maneuver. This is within hours of test-driving it.

I'm going to have to guess that you're wrong on this, or you're mistaken about what happened. In the two or three years that I've been using Condenser(I bought it right when it came out), I've never had an Overload if I had a Water Maneuver present, nor have I even heard of this happening. If you're going to Overload, and if a Water Maneuver is already present, the Water Maneuver will be absorbed. If you have no Maneuvers up, and you put up a Water Maneuver, you can still Overload, because there is nothing to be absorbed.
____________________________
Terragon
Elvaan PUP|SCH|RDM
Siren Server
#13 May 08 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
what im 200% sure of is there was already a water up the first time. I don't remember what i was putting up at the overload but i will assume it was another water that created a water overload. I'll keep an eye on it.
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#14 May 08 2010 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
**
466 posts
Water Maneuvers *WILL* overload.

Water Manuevers will not erase themselves to reduce overload.

Easy test: Spam water maneuvers, eventually you will overload.

However, if you're spamming a different maneuver, it will erase a water to prevent overload.

Easy test: Activate, wait a few minutes, do 3x ice -> water -> 3x ice. The water maneuver will either be the first or second manuever up and will erase itself and have 3x ice active.

I tend to play around with Overload rates, Ice Maneuver, and Water Maneuver in dynamis. the only time I overload now is when I first activate>water maneuver (rare), activate>water maneuver -> ice x3 -> water then try to do 3x ice (usually a water will replace itself with ice on the 2nd ice). this is with a 70+40 INT ice maneuver build.
____________________________

#15 May 08 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,733 posts
I can't remember ever getting into a scenario where I was spamming so many water maneuvers that I overloaded, whether averted by a condenser or not.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
Stylish plugin for Firefox | ZAM/Allakhazam Widescreen/ad-free Stylish theme
#16 May 08 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Good
**
466 posts
Well I was checking to see if it would overload spamming water maneuvers, and it did.
____________________________

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)