Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Quick brew/atma questionFollow

#1 Jun 13 2011 at 2:06 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
I'll probably be brewing Rani on COR later this week, I don't have Wildfire.

With that in mind, any Atma/WS suggestions? Capped dagger/merits, I was thinking mainly Aeolian Edge (since Leaden is darkness damage, which I hear isn't so hot on Rani) with Evisceration when needed. Make sense?

Good atma setup? Full on MAB/Wind+ (Gales, Ultimate, ???), or something else?



Edited, Jun 13th 2011 1:30pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#2 Jun 13 2011 at 12:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
256 posts
Anza wrote:
I'll probably be brewing Rani on COR later this week, I don't have Wildfire.

With that in mind, any Atma/WS suggestions? Capped dagger/merits, I was thinking mainly Aeolian Edge (since Leaden is darkness damage, which I hear isn't so hot on Rani) with Evisceration when needed. Make sense?

Good atma setup? Full on MAB/Wind+ (Gales, Ultimate, ???), or something else?



Edited, Jun 13th 2011 1:30pm by Anza


Yes use Aeolian Edge, with Gales+Ultimate+another MAB atma you have(Hells guardian, baying moon, beyond etc). Equip Martial knife and Veuglaire if you have, and use wind shot with AF3+1/+2 feet before you WS for dmg boost. Use Evi when it's absorbing magic dmg.

/SCH if you have this SJ, and cast windstorm on yourself, and equip wind elemental obi and zodiac ring for dmg boost.

Should be able to hit 12k~20k+ on Rani with Aeolian Edge.
#3 Jun 13 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,279 posts
On rani with my thief I usually use Razed Ruin/Gales/Ultimate on my thf because Razed helps AE too with the DEX and I don't really have a third MAB atma anyway. If you want to use Leaden Salute, Razed/Cosmos/Ultimate, although I think the Cats resist dark pretty heavily so AE is probably the way to go.
#4 Jun 13 2011 at 2:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
Meldi wrote:
On rani with my thief I usually use Razed Ruin/Gales/Ultimate on my thf because Razed helps AE too with the DEX and I don't really have a third MAB atma anyway. If you want to use Leaden Salute, Razed/Cosmos/Ultimate, although I think the Cats resist dark pretty heavily so AE is probably the way to go.



I thought all your attribute capped at 999 with a brew, so any atma adding attribute won't work?
#5 Jun 13 2011 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Afania wrote:
Yes use Aeolian Edge, with Gales+Ultimate+another MAB atma you have(Hells guardian, baying moon, beyond etc). Equip Martial knife and Veuglaire if you have, and use wind shot with AF3+1/+2 feet before you WS for dmg boost. Use Evi when it's absorbing magic dmg.


No Martial knife, my best choices are a Dmg:42 Yataghan, Dmg:40/Crit Dmg+5% Yataghan, and Twilight Knife. I do have an Ice Mayhem+2 though (Dmg:51, MAB+10). Definitely planning to pop Wind Shots with Navarch+1 feet to soften her up for bigger AEs.

Quote:
/SCH if you have this SJ, and cast windstorm on yourself, and equip wind elemental obi and zodiac ring for dmg boost.


My /SCH is {Too Weak}, but may be able to get an actual SCH main in my party for Windstorm and use Furin Obi/Zodiac Ring. Good idea that I didn't think of at all.

What are ideal rolls for a dagger brewer anyway? I'd assume Wizard's for AE, paired with... I dunno? Figher's? Rogue's? Allies? (would this actually be one of the few situations where Allies would be good, self SC boost?)
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#6 Jun 13 2011 at 7:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
All base stats agil,str,dex are capped so only adding matt atmas/regain atmas help under brew for magical weaponskills.

Matt roll some matt atmas, and your good to go really. Think it takes like 7-10 Aeolian Edges from 100% if you dont heal it. Takes 2-3 Wildfires plus QDs just fyi.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#7 Jun 14 2011 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Alobont wrote:
All base stats agil,str,dex are capped so only adding matt atmas/regain atmas help under brew for magical weaponskills.


Well, Smiting Blow would help too for TP Bonus. And stuff like Double/Triple attack for Evisceration when you need a physical WS would give some benefit. But yeah, I suppose I'll be going Gales/Ultimate/Beyond.

Toss Wizard's Roll on, load up on MAB gear, Wind Shot when I can before AE, Amnesia Screen, hope not to get charmed... sounds OK. I like to think I won't be that guy repeatedly healing Rani. Guess we'll find out soon enough ;)
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#8 Jun 14 2011 at 5:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
Anza wrote:
Afania wrote:
Yes use Aeolian Edge, with Gales+Ultimate+another MAB atma you have(Hells guardian, baying moon, beyond etc). Equip Martial knife and Veuglaire if you have, and use wind shot with AF3+1/+2 feet before you WS for dmg boost. Use Evi when it's absorbing magic dmg.


No Martial knife, my best choices are a Dmg:42 Yataghan, Dmg:40/Crit Dmg+5% Yataghan, and Twilight Knife. I do have an Ice Mayhem+2 though (Dmg:51, MAB+10). Definitely planning to pop Wind Shots with Navarch+1 feet to soften her up for bigger AEs.

Quote:
/SCH if you have this SJ, and cast windstorm on yourself, and equip wind elemental obi and zodiac ring for dmg boost.


My /SCH is {Too Weak}, but may be able to get an actual SCH main in my party for Windstorm and use Furin Obi/Zodiac Ring. Good idea that I didn't think of at all.

What are ideal rolls for a dagger brewer anyway? I'd assume Wizard's for AE, paired with... I dunno? Figher's? Rogue's? Allies? (would this actually be one of the few situations where Allies would be good, self SC boost?)


I'm not sure if AE-->AE can do skillchain, but when I brew with WF I usually use MAB roll + Allied roll to boost Darkness SC dmg.

#9 Jun 14 2011 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,279 posts
Scission I think. Or detonation, can't remember which.
#10 Jun 14 2011 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
**
358 posts
Aeolian Edge -> Aeolian Edge = Detonation
Evisceration -> Aeolian Edge = Distortion

~Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#11 Jun 16 2011 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice. Brewed Rani last night, took under 1:30 to take her from 80% to dead, got my Epona's Ring AND Hecate's Earring :D, and even two Cards of Wieldance from Dragua off the same brew. And to top it off, augmented Yataghan with DMG+8/Crit Dmg+3%. Pretty good night for loot.

Used Gales/Ultimate/Beyond Atma, popped an Ascetic's Tonic and Amnesia Screen, Wizard's/Allies Roll. Was hitting ~17k WSs with big SCs too.

Edited, Jun 16th 2011 12:35pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#12 Jun 17 2011 at 7:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
256 posts
Anza wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice. Brewed Rani last night, took under 1:30 to take her from 80% to dead, got my Epona's Ring AND Hecate's Earring :D, and even two Cards of Wieldance from Dragua off the same brew. And to top it off, augmented Yataghan with DMG+8/Crit Dmg+3%. Pretty good night for loot.

Used Gales/Ultimate/Beyond Atma, popped an Ascetic's Tonic and Amnesia Screen, Wizard's/Allies Roll. Was hitting ~17k WSs with big SCs too.

Edited, Jun 16th 2011 12:35pm by Anza



Congratz, very nice!

I still can't get dagger augment higher than DMG+6, after NPCed hundreds of daggers ;(
#13 Jul 31 2011 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Since its been proven that the +100 TP bonus magian weapon works in the off-hand for a main hand weapon skill, does anyone know if the the +100 TP bonus magain gun would work for a main hand WS?
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (15)