Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

What did you get (MKE Style)Follow

#1 Jul 30 2009 at 7:10 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
So beccause things lately have on this board have been pretty serious, I thought I would liven stuff up a bit. MKE has been out for a bit and I know some of you have it completed or are clsoe so what did you get.

I finally boiled it down to WS ACC+15 Str+4 Racc+10 Ratt+5.

Also did anyone else have a hard time hitting the moogle with ranged attacks??
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#2 Jul 30 2009 at 7:45 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Beat the Mithra last night and got prepped for the final fight but couldn't find a group before I had to log. Will try to finish it up this weekend.

I'm still undecided between the RACC/RATT augment or the AGI/WS dmg augment.
Currently favoring the former as (presumed) 25 ACC on slugshot is such a great bonus on a single piece of equipment.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#3 Jul 30 2009 at 7:48 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
I'm pretty happy with the +25 acc. I was landing slug consistently without food /war on birds with it. Im gonna work on getting dusk pants which should end my acc issue with slug on /war.

Just wish that hat wasnt so ugly.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#4 Jul 30 2009 at 9:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Well at least as a WS only piece it will be just flashing in and out.

Definitely not making my "town gear" set lol
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#5 Jul 30 2009 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
**
375 posts
I'm planning on going with +15 WSACC, +4 STR; +4 AGI, +WS DMG.

This is mostly to give it more utility on my other jobs (NIN and THF); but also because I want to wear my Cor Tricorne (hopefully +1 soon) for ranged attacks...not because it is better than the +10 RACC MKE noggin, but because it looks 10000% better.

#6 Jul 30 2009 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
**
551 posts
I went with the Duck Helm (+4 str ws+15, acc+10, attack+5 for my WAR), but if I decided to switch to Biker Helm, I would probably go with WS ACC+15 Str+4 Racc+10 Ratt+5.
____________________________
RDM BRD BLM COR PLD SAM BLU WAR THF MNK 75
Morrigan's Robe Set: 5/5
SUBS: WHM NIN RNG DRK DRG DNC SCH
#7 Jul 30 2009 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
Went with WSAcc and WSDMG.. And I think getting Skadi's Bazubands only makes that a better choice (+5 AGI instead of -6 on pure damage hands). All the Raac improvements were going to let me exchange a piece for pure damage anyway (AF +1 Tricorne and Bottes, Cuirie, 12 Raac ring opposit Rajas instead of 11, and 8 Raac from Commodore Belt).. Now with 15 Raac and 4 AGI, the 17 total Raac from this Anwig Salade easily trumps AF+1's 11.

I'm tied to sushi, as without sushi a Haste set-up is going to have a poor hit-rate even if /Rng.. So pushing Anwig Salade towards damage while still besting AF+1 by 6 Raac seems logical. Can't go wrong with this decision though, as the math in the other thread suggested.
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#8 Jul 30 2009 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
***
3,760 posts
I'm jealous of the CORs who were able to use this. WSacc + Racc and Ratk would have been my choice, but unfortunately I couldn't give up the best curing headpiece in the game for my WHM.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#9 Jul 30 2009 at 8:42 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
299 posts
went STR/WSacc plus Racc/Ratt myself. Liked the idea of being able to slug reliably in my STR rings (both of them). Plus its a better shooting for TP piece than AF+1 hat even.

Also liked that on /mage, I can push my racc total to insane heights if needed. I already use 3 palettes per sub on COR so I have the max racc slug on my main /mage palettes (the STR-heavy one on main for /rng /nin /dnc and /war) and if I scroll down one palette, I have the opposite slug macro on the same ctrl-number so I can easily switch between the two as I deem necessary.

As for the moogle boss, I think I missed a few shots on him and pretty sure I missed a slug but our fight was just chaos from start to finish (it's on YouTube lol). The SAM got hit by some type of amnesia apparently and lost hate immediately. What resulted was a kite fest. I think the fact that mob was constantly moving (often further away from me and out of my sweet spot) gave me a few issues. Plus the knockback move interrupted me more than once.

Also, as for other jobs I have 3 others than can use. RNG (win), THF and my rarely-used NIN (well i use RNG rarely now too). For THF, this anwig clearly beats OHat for WS (even with the racc/ratt augments) and imo tops enkidu's cap (which I had JUST gotten 3 days prior... is now borderline useless lol). I use anwig for shooting on THF (i'm a big fan of status bolts) and it's (slightly) superior to Ohat there also.

Edited, Jul 31st 2009 12:46am by TDGSW
#10 Jul 31 2009 at 5:18 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
Quote:
Plus its a better shooting for TP piece than AF+1 hat even.


I disagree. 1 racc + 4 str > 5 ratt imo.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#11 Jul 31 2009 at 6:17 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
I disagree. 1 racc + 4 str > 5 ratt imo.


I'm not sure where you got these figures.

AF+1 is STR 4, AGI 4, RACC 9
Anwig is STR 4, WS ACC 15, RACC 10, RATT 5

So for straight shooting the relevant stats are AGI 4 vs RACC 1, RATT 5.
That's kind of a wash.

Where the Anwig wins is in WS where it adds the extra 15 to WS ACC and blows AF+1 out of the water.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#12 Aug 02 2009 at 5:04 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
OK. It took me two tries yesterday to beat the final boss. Winning attempt was pandemonium. I was RDM/BLM and we had some people that hadn't done the fight before and clearly weren't aware of the strategy. So I was curing, tanking, sleepga'ing, refreshing 4 mages, resting, nuking. You name it, I was doing it to avoid the loss. We won with 30 sec to spare.

So I chose the Anwig Salade with WS Acc 15 and STR 4, RACC 10 and RATT 5. Really good piece for COR WS and for RNG TP and WS.

____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#13 Aug 02 2009 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
So I just got mine tonight, I chose Anwig with WSAcc + RAcc over Champion's because I love my COR more than I love my WAR in the long run. I've been trying it out, and so far I'm in love. I do need to finally get back to meriting on COR and I can't wait to see how it goes.
#14 Aug 04 2009 at 7:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
512 posts
As much as I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and be like every other COR and make this a WS piece, I plan on TPing in it. Haste +5%, DEX +2. That's what I'm currently thinking. AF+1 hat is good enough for me for weaponskills. I'd much rather have a Walhura (sp?) turban +1, without the ugliness (IMO) of the turban.
____________________________
Keriam, Corsair 99, Captain Rank, Sylph Server
#16 Aug 04 2009 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
**
375 posts
I think a better TP piece would be +3% haste; +10 ACC, 5 attack. I almost went with this.

#17 Aug 04 2009 at 11:28 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
I think a better TP piece would be +3% haste; +10 ACC, 5 attack. I almost went with this.


Comes down to:
AGI 4 vs WS ACC 15, RACC 1, RATT 5

vs.

Haste 2% vs ACC 10 ATT 5

I still think the biggest difference is in the WS stats than in the TP stats.

And the Walmart turban is better looking than the Anwig Salade so I'm glad to be blinking in and out. Unfortuantely its an all around headpiece for my RNG, so I have to look at it a lot when I play that job.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#18 Aug 04 2009 at 1:06 PM Rating: Good
**
375 posts
I agree the WS version is a bigger upgrade than the TP version. I was just saying 5% haste and 4 dex isn't as big a boost to DoT as 10 ACC, 5 attack, 3% haste for most COR's.

You lose 2% haste, but gain ~5% DoT boost going from ~86% acc (4 DEX 5% haste Salade + average gear set) to 90% acc and a little attack. It would take unrealistically high amounts of haste for 2% haste loss from going from turban > salade to cause a 5% loss to DoT.

That being said, I'm going for WS helm too...so I can blink that thing in and out as quick as possible.
#19 Aug 04 2009 at 3:19 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
You lose 2% haste, but gain ~5% DoT boost going from ~86% acc (4 DEX 5% haste Salade + average gear set) to 90% acc and a little attack. It would take unrealistically high amounts of haste for 2% haste loss from going from turban > salade to cause a 5% loss to DoT.


Agreed which is why I didn't even mention the Haste 5% Dex 4 hat in my comparison.

The Haste 3%, ACC 10 is superior TP gain to Haste 5% Dex 4 in any situation where your acc isn't capped.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#20 Aug 04 2009 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
365 posts
For those who happened to go with Weapon Skill Damage does it boost Leaden Salute?
____________________________
Bismarck: Zagen
#21 Aug 05 2009 at 6:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
512 posts
Quote:
That's such a waste, and 1 accuracy hardly makes it a turban +1... Besides if anything the salade is uglier >_>


It's a side-grade either way.

Well, I think the Salade looks better. To each their own.

I just answered the OP's question. I wasn't posting so that everyone could try to tell me how my idea is inferior. That's all just opinion. My accuracy is doing just fine to sit back and enjoy more haste than I had previously. I don't feel like the slight upgrade over my COR tricorne +1 is worth it.

Different play styles. No one should have to feel like there is only one correct way to make this equipment "good." It's all about customizing it. Customizing. You remember what that is, right? Putting your own unique wants/needs on equipment. ;)
____________________________
Keriam, Corsair 99, Captain Rank, Sylph Server
#23 Aug 05 2009 at 9:30 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Zelduh wrote:
I'd hardly call

(Head) All Races
DEF:21 HP+10 MP+10 "Subtle Blow"+3
STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15
Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+5

a sidegrade to

(Head) All Races
DEF: 23 HP +13 STR +4 AGI +4
Ranged Accuracy +9

While

(Head) All Races
DEF:21 HP+10 MP+10 "Subtle Blow"+3
DEX+2 Haste+5%

is more of a dumbgrade to

[Head] All Races
HP +30 MP +30 Haste +5%

But to each their own, I guess. Everyone has the right to be a unique snowflake.


This.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#24 Aug 05 2009 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
My accuracy is doing just fine to sit back and enjoy more haste than I had previously


You had 5% Haste with the W Turban. You have 5% haste with the Salade.
You are enjoying 2 more DEX than you had previously not anymore haste. Woot for you!!!

If there had been a way to make this piece Haste 5% with some decent other stats (ACC 10 for instance), then I'd have definitely picked it as a melee TP piece. If there had been a Haste 7% option, I'd probably gone with that as well. But since it really was just a Wally Turban +1. I'd rather have a 15 WS acc points over a COR AF+1.

My slugs are poignantly reliable now which is only serving to show how bad my melee acc is. Right now I could /meat against birds and hit Slugs just fine but I need sushi for TP.

If I could get a +25 ACC piece in the next update, I'd be a happy camper lol.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#25 Aug 05 2009 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
**
692 posts
Dartagnann wrote:
Quote:
My accuracy is doing just fine to sit back and enjoy more haste than I had previously


You had 5% Haste with the W Turban. You have 5% haste with the Salade.


Moron was probably using Denali Bonnet or something.
____________________________
Kaishen
Galka of Bahamut
EndlessFriends Linkshell
[DNC90] [WAR90] [MNK90]
#26 Aug 05 2009 at 1:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
512 posts
That Guy Who Posted Before Me That I've Never Heard of Before wrote:
Moron was probably using Denali Bonnet or something.


I am currently using a Denali bonnet, yes. Last time I checked, that was a good piece that I'm not alone in wearing. I've seen it grace the scalp of numerous players, Corsair or not.

There's no reason to be a bunch of pricks.

Maybe the reason why there are few posts on the COR forum is because you're all !@#holes. Have you considered that? Geez. What the **** makes you all so special that when someone comes in with a different opinion you can ridicule them and call them names?

Like I said, I wasn't posting to argue with you, so there's no good reason to come in here calling me names... but thank you. It's always nice to be shown who here on the COR forum isn't worth the time it takes to read posts from anymore. /salute

Edited, Aug 5th 2009 4:52pm by shanecf
____________________________
Keriam, Corsair 99, Captain Rank, Sylph Server
#27 Aug 05 2009 at 3:42 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,678 posts
Denali Bonnet graces the head of many bad players, yes. There is no world where 3 attack is better than 1% Haste.

Also, it's one thing to 'customize' gear, and while there are a variety of ways you can make the MKE head which are not 'wrong', 5% Haste and +2(random stat here) is the absolute weakest combination of stats that you can put on it. you literally gain 1 accuracy from this, or, 0.5% hit rate. It's such a small 'improvement' over Turban that it isn't worth getting. in the face of other possible combinations.

As has been said, mathematically (no opinion involved, just cold, hard facts, backed up by a game built with math, run by math, and supported by math) you will get more out of 3% Haste w/ 10 acc 5 att as a TP piece than a piece with 5% Haste 2 DEX. No amount of railing against the 'bandwagon' is ever going to change that, because it is the way the game is designed. Don't get mad at people giving you advise based on facts.
____________________________
Dooom wrote:
BG elitists <3 haste.

Allatards/uber casuals hate elitists.

Allatards/uber casuals hate haste, as valuing it would acknowledge that elitists are right


kerberoz wrote:
People don't hate emo kids because they're "misunderstood." People hate emo kids because they're useless.


Realix wrote:
PUP is an average to above average DD... when not in a zerg situation... or on particularly hard targets... and when properly configured... on windsday... with a RDM...
#28 Aug 06 2009 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
692 posts
TybudX wrote:
Don't get mad at people giving you advise based on facts.


His post doesn't seem to indicate that he has a problem with the facts being presented. His problem is with the way they are being presented. So let me try to rephrase my last post in a way that might be more pleasing to him, so that he might be more likely to accept the critique.

Kaishen wrote:
Moron was probably using Denali Bonnet or something.


What I meant was:

That delightfully intelligent poster was probably making the very wise choice of using Denali Bonnet. While most of us believe that Walahra Turban, being superior mathematically and significantly easier to obtain than Denali Bonnet, is the better choice, Final Fantasy XI is a world full of unique butterflies, and no judgments can be made about any piece of gear. Each piece is exactly as good as every other piece, despite what the numbers may lead us to believe.

By the way, that private message you sent me was very cute.
____________________________
Kaishen
Galka of Bahamut
EndlessFriends Linkshell
[DNC90] [WAR90] [MNK90]
#29 Aug 06 2009 at 5:11 AM Rating: Default
***
3,947 posts
KaishenRamuh wrote:
TybudX wrote:
Don't get mad at people giving you advise based on facts.


His post doesn't seem to indicate that he has a problem with the facts being presented. His problem is with the way they are being presented. So let me try to rephrase my last post in a way that might be more pleasing to him, so that he might be more likely to accept the critique.

Kaishen wrote:
Moron was probably using Denali Bonnet or something.


What I meant was:

That delightfully intelligent poster was probably making the very wise choice of using Denali Bonnet. While most of us believe that Walahra Turban, being superior mathematically and significantly easier to obtain than Denali Bonnet, is the better choice, Final Fantasy XI is a world full of unique butterflies, and no judgments can be made about any piece of gear. Each piece is exactly as good as every other piece, despite what the numbers may lead us to believe.

By the way, that private message you sent me was very cute.



LOL good job.

____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#30 Aug 06 2009 at 5:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
While admittedly a W turban may be statistically superior to a D Bonnet, its enough of a side grade type piece that I'd never call someone a moron for using it. For some it may be easier to obtain if they are spamming Nyzul and it rots to them.

But still, revelling in getting a Haste 5% Dex +2 piece over Denali is still kind of silly. It's like moving through 3 sidegrades of ugly hats.

I just can't see how anyone could pass on that Str 4, WS ACC 15 augment. Might be the sweetest hat stats of all time. I just love how accurate my slugs have become, I'll gladly whiff a could joy swings for that.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#31 Aug 06 2009 at 6:18 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
299 posts
I was tempted by the 3% haste 10% acc combo but the killer for me was that snapshot would have been basically a waste. No question it'd be better than a turban for meleeing in and melee is a relative area of weakness for most CORs. The things is though, CORs are not like most DD jobs in game. DoT does not (well... rephrase.. should not) make up the majority of our dmg. WS dmg wins out by a mile, at least in my case. If you use a joyeuse or an mkris, you're geared to WS quickly. If we wanted to pile up DoT numbers, I'm sure a diff weapon would be better but the fact is we want to spam slug shots because that's the heart of our dmg.

I'm of the opinion that a single piece can never have too much racc. If this head piece had WS acc +100 it wouldn't be wasted. You could literally ignore racc in every other spot and pile on STR, rattack and produce even bigger slugs.

As for denali vs turban, not to pile on or beat a dead horse, buuuuut...

You lose 1% haste and gain nothing that helps you damage wise really. Would I wear denali over turban on NIN? Possibly. The def +23, AGI+4 would represent significant upgrades for a tank with just 1% haste loss. But none of those things are helping you land hits as a COR. On a job where melee acc is so hard to cap, I think you've got to take your full haste where you can get it because you don't have the luxury to wear 4~5 pieces of haste gear and still have a good hit rate, even with sushi.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (26)