Actually, I recently got one with the following Augments: Delay -11%, Snapshot +5. Realizing the Commodore Gants were at an estimated +5 Snapshot (my own estimate, may be wrong), and that with Snapshot Augments on ACP and Moogle mission rewards, you could make this a gun with higher damage than Peacemaker and very comparable delay. I've been experimenting with this and while I don't have parser results to show, I have gotten a good idea of what the gun is good for and what it isn't. Here are my findings:
1. If you can get around +15 Snapshot and a 10-12% delay reduction, you can shoot for TP and WS with it and do comparable DPS to a Mercurial Kris or Joyeuse/Martial Gun setup (meleeing for TP, Slug with Martial).
2. If you're pulling but don't want to sacrifice too much damage on shooting and QD, this makes a nice compromise between Martial and Peacemaker.
3. For foes that you don't want to get to close to, with bad AoEs and stuff, this is still a pretty good option.
4. I've found it particularly good in my Nyzul Isle static, where I can pull quickly and deal a lot of damage to short-lived enemies who normally die before I can build up enough TP to WS.
5. Not as great for Dynamis or Limbus. Other guns and setups work a lot better there.
I can post the math to show the DPS comparisons, but it might be somewhat unique to my setup and your mileage may vary. Still, for those who can't get a Joyeuse do to time constraints or who are having problems questing or buying Mercurial Kris, this gun provides a third option. As a word of caution, however, speeding up Fane Hexagun can be effective, but it's also very expensive. Spamming steel bullets will make a dent in your war funds, although with Union dropping them, it has made it a lot easier to afford being a corsair. Just make sure to eat some r.acc food and stack on the r.acc equipment to make it work.