Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Mirke Wardecors COR Edition ^^Follow

#52 Apr 21 2009 at 2:28 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
"I am sorry for any trouble this Quick Draw issue may have caused.."

Sorry? This is @#%^ing awesome! Just alterting a GM so I'm not owned by SE a couple weeks from now..


"Incase you hadn't heard, the new Square Enix Security Token (with exclusive ingame item) is now on sale."

You think I live under a rock? ..Or that I'm retarded? Yes I know, and I'll have to put up with that sh*t just to have a legitimate inventory..

That's my feedback right there for ya, since you value it so much!

Edited, Apr 21st 2009 6:37am by Carrilei
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#53 Apr 21 2009 at 8:23 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,726 posts
I have nothing to say except that this is... well... fap-worthy. Wish I had it D:
____________________________
I has a journal. It has nice things. - updated whenever

war/nin/rdm/thf/brd/pld/mnk/drg/smn/sam/dnc/bone100/maat's cap/phoenix
( ')< shadow duck approves of this message.

Findanniin wrote:
"Last reply Mithradoom. Well, someone had to go rain on the happy parade" was exactly what went through my head. xD


Keliaffxi wrote:

ITT: The Gimpire Strikes Back
#54 Apr 21 2009 at 8:48 AM Rating: Good
1 post
How do you activate all those visible timers on your buffs and such. That's neat and would be very useful!
#55 Apr 21 2009 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
Can someone post a video? I'd love to see this in action, haha!
____________________________
Imrahil, Cait Sith server, a Rogue Angel
HNM LS (Retired): Samsara | Dynamis LS (Retired): Crusade
[ffxisig]10484[/ffxisig]
#56 Apr 21 2009 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
Azavin wrote:
How do you activate all those visible timers on your buffs and such. That's neat and would be very useful!


StatusTimer


I won't post a link though, just google it.


Jeez didnt' think windower was touchy to the point of mentioning it and getting karma bombed <.<... didn't even post a link and I get hassled -.-;

Edited, Apr 25th 2009 9:14pm by Spikido
____________________________
CapnSpike of Lakshmi
AKA Captain Bloodbeard the Thievin Pirate
90 Cor - 90 Thf


"It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves."
#57 Apr 21 2009 at 9:08 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
47 posts
Quote:
How do you activate all those visible timers on your buffs and such. That's neat and would be very useful!

Windower. He's using the Recast plugin.

That QD spam is insane. Chaindrawing stuff looks like a ton of fun. Also a lot of hate, how'd you trigger it? Don't want to accidentally trigger it on our next Kirin run, and risk a GM wrath.
____________________________
BLM, RDM, SCH, COR 90
-Midgardsormr -> Quetzacoatl-
#58 Apr 21 2009 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
Once you start fighting Kirin, and firing off your Mirke QD macro you should be able to prevent yourself from accidentally doing it.

Prevention my friends, don't get slammed with the ban hammer!
____________________________
CapnSpike of Lakshmi
AKA Captain Bloodbeard the Thievin Pirate
90 Cor - 90 Thf


"It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves."
#59 Apr 21 2009 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
124 posts
Spikido of the Seven Seas wrote:
Once you start fighting Kirin, and firing off your Mirke QD macro you should be able to prevent yourself from accidentally doing it.

Prevention my friends, don't get slammed with the ban hammer!


SE banning someone over this would be like them banning people over the SA messup a few updates back. The bug has been reported, if they don't fix it promptly it's their own freaking fault. SE banning anyone over using this would be pretty wrong in my opinion.
#60 Apr 21 2009 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,726 posts
arynel wrote:
SE banning someone over this would be like them banning people over the SA messup a few updates back. The bug has been reported, if they don't fix it promptly it's their own freaking fault. SE banning anyone over using this would be pretty wrong in my opinion.


People have been banned over bug "exploit" before (AV, NPCables, Salvage), but let's not de-rail this. Suffice to say: at this point in time, nothing SE does would surprise me.
____________________________
I has a journal. It has nice things. - updated whenever

war/nin/rdm/thf/brd/pld/mnk/drg/smn/sam/dnc/bone100/maat's cap/phoenix
( ')< shadow duck approves of this message.

Findanniin wrote:
"Last reply Mithradoom. Well, someone had to go rain on the happy parade" was exactly what went through my head. xD


Keliaffxi wrote:

ITT: The Gimpire Strikes Back
#61 Apr 21 2009 at 11:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,793 posts
Quote:
No one knows about Magic Acc yet.
LordTrey wrote:
Please stop spreading the misinformation that macc might not effect QD.


Saying "don't know yet" is not "misinformation". Saying it does or does not and being wrong, would be.

Quote:
First just he plain logic that both MAB + Elemental Staffs effect QD, therefore QD is magic therefore MACC effects QD.

None of your logic about why it should matters, hard data or stfu.
Quote:
Saying no one knows is silly. Most of us know, some people blindly deny for some unknown reason.
Then there should be some other posts with actual data to link to by now if "most know" as you say. When your the one trying to convince others, its you who must show the proof. Doesn't help when you contradict yourself.
wtf wrote:
you wrote:
Yes MACC effects QD!
and then you wrote:
macc might not effect QD.


I just came here to read about the bug, my cor is lv 6. In before everything I said is invalid because I'm not a lv75 cor.

Edited, Apr 21st 2009 6:24pm by thatdamnelf
____________________________
The FFXI "community" needs an enima. If you doubt this, look at the forums on BG, ffxiah, and alla. If you STILL doubt this, visit 4chan. Note the similarities. Then light yourself on fire.

#62 Apr 21 2009 at 12:35 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,443 posts
brb, putting leveling cor to the front of my agenda
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#63 Apr 21 2009 at 12:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
375 posts
What's curious is I'm not sure exactly when they broke this. I got my Mirke on Saturday after they released the expansion, dinged into it the next day.

Realizing I needed a buffer I got a merit party and was happy to use my new QD Mirke. There were several times I was not able to fire off QD due to the timer being down. So if they broke it, it would have had to have been in one of the post update maintenances because it was working fine the weekend after the original update.

Curious indeed.

Afraid to try it, don't want to see the ban stick.
#64 Apr 21 2009 at 1:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
379 posts
ATHRIN!

Whats up! know who this is right?
____________________________


#65 Apr 21 2009 at 1:47 PM Rating: Good
**
358 posts
TheNinjaFormerlyKnownAsDarxer wrote:
ATHRIN!

Whats up! know who this is right?

Welcome back deserter!

~Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#66 Apr 21 2009 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
****
7,899 posts
Quote:
What's curious is I'm not sure exactly when they broke this. I got my Mirke on Saturday after they released the expansion, dinged into it the next day.

Realizing I needed a buffer I got a merit party and was happy to use my new QD Mirke. There were several times I was not able to fire off QD due to the timer being down. So if they broke it, it would have had to have been in one of the post update maintenances because it was working fine the weekend after the original update.

It doesn't just work by equipping the mirke. You need to hit macros at a certain time to break the recast then you can fire at will. I never noticed it until yesterday, but after like 5 minutes of tests, it was easy to figure out how to do it any time.
#67 Apr 21 2009 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
This is the most epic thing ever lol, I just pwned a bunch of marids in 30 seconds.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#68 Apr 21 2009 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
***
2,793 posts
Kerberoz wrote:
Quote:
What's curious is I'm not sure exactly when they broke this. I got my Mirke on Saturday after they released the expansion, dinged into it the next day.

Realizing I needed a buffer I got a merit party and was happy to use my new QD Mirke. There were several times I was not able to fire off QD due to the timer being down. So if they broke it, it would have had to have been in one of the post update maintenances because it was working fine the weekend after the original update.

It doesn't just work by equipping the mirke. You need to hit macros at a certain time to break the recast then you can fire at will. I never noticed it until yesterday, but after like 5 minutes of tests, it was easy to figure out how to do it any time.
Sounds similar to the old engage disengage reengage glitch with high delay weapons.

Edited, Apr 21st 2009 6:44pm by thatdamnelf
____________________________
The FFXI "community" needs an enima. If you doubt this, look at the forums on BG, ffxiah, and alla. If you STILL doubt this, visit 4chan. Note the similarities. Then light yourself on fire.

#69 Apr 21 2009 at 2:49 PM Rating: Decent
*
107 posts
Hmm, I still can't quite figure it out.

Can anyone give any further hints if they don't want to directly tell us?
____________________________
http://tsolamogola.blogspot.com/
#70 Apr 21 2009 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
Professor Jinte wrote:
brb, putting leveling cor to the front of my agenda

Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#71 Apr 21 2009 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
**
358 posts
Carrilei wrote:
Professor Jinte wrote:
brb, putting leveling cor to the front of my agenda

Smiley: rolleyes

I'll hold him to this. I can spy on him on Siren Smiley: sly

~Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#72 Apr 21 2009 at 2:58 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,159 posts
Admiral Viska wrote:
Carrilei wrote:
Professor Jinte wrote:
brb, putting leveling cor to the front of my agenda

Smiley: rolleyes

I'll hold him to this. I can spy on him on Siren Smiley: sly

~Ath

He probably won't, but if he does, they better fix the glitch as he dings 75!
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#73 Apr 21 2009 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
***
2,987 posts
thatdamnelf wrote:
Kerberoz wrote:
Quote:
What's curious is I'm not sure exactly when they broke this. I got my Mirke on Saturday after they released the expansion, dinged into it the next day.

Realizing I needed a buffer I got a merit party and was happy to use my new QD Mirke. There were several times I was not able to fire off QD due to the timer being down. So if they broke it, it would have had to have been in one of the post update maintenances because it was working fine the weekend after the original update.

It doesn't just work by equipping the mirke. You need to hit macros at a certain time to break the recast then you can fire at will. I never noticed it until yesterday, but after like 5 minutes of tests, it was easy to figure out how to do it any time.
Sounds similar to the old engage disengage reengage glitch with high delay weapons.

Edited, Apr 21st 2009 6:44pm by thatdamnelf


Hope they don't try fixing it the same way. Would be the worst NERF to all jobs ever if they tried fixing this the same way. Inserting a delay on gear swaps would be akin to asking everyone to quit FFXI for good.
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL BASTARD!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#74 Apr 21 2009 at 3:24 PM Rating: Good
***
2,793 posts
OmegaTyrant wrote:
thatdamnelf wrote:
Kerberoz wrote:
Quote:
What's curious is I'm not sure exactly when they broke this. I got my Mirke on Saturday after they released the expansion, dinged into it the next day.

Realizing I needed a buffer I got a merit party and was happy to use my new QD Mirke. There were several times I was not able to fire off QD due to the timer being down. So if they broke it, it would have had to have been in one of the post update maintenances because it was working fine the weekend after the original update.

It doesn't just work by equipping the mirke. You need to hit macros at a certain time to break the recast then you can fire at will. I never noticed it until yesterday, but after like 5 minutes of tests, it was easy to figure out how to do it any time.
Sounds similar to the old engage disengage reengage glitch with high delay weapons.

Edited, Apr 21st 2009 6:44pm by thatdamnelf


Hope they don't try fixing it the same way. Would be the worst NERF to all jobs ever if they tried fixing this the same way. Inserting a delay on gear swaps would be akin to asking everyone to quit FFXI for good.
That would be such a nightmare.
Must bleach brain now to eliminate image of happy Reij
____________________________
The FFXI "community" needs an enima. If you doubt this, look at the forums on BG, ffxiah, and alla. If you STILL doubt this, visit 4chan. Note the similarities. Then light yourself on fire.

#75 Apr 21 2009 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
746 posts
Lol I guess this kinda puts a dent in the lose you -5 delay if mirke not equipped theory. just tested it on an attercop outside of town it works like a charm lol~
#76 Apr 21 2009 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,443 posts
Carrilei wrote:
Admiral Viska wrote:
Carrilei wrote:
Professor Jinte wrote:
brb, putting leveling cor to the front of my agenda

Smiley: rolleyes

I'll hold him to this. I can spy on him on Siren Smiley: sly

~Ath

He probably won't, but if he does, they better fix the glitch as he dings 75!
26 get!

I'll get there, not before they fix this, but I'll get there eventually, dammit Smiley: mad
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#77 Apr 21 2009 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
***
3,947 posts
A Video for those who dont got one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StckI9cj7_4
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#78 Apr 21 2009 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,443 posts
Alobont wrote:
A Video for those who dont got one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StckI9cj7_4
I wonder how many people are gonna go burn AV before this gets fixed Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#79 Apr 21 2009 at 6:10 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Do you really thing theres that many cors on a single server?
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#80 Apr 21 2009 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
****
7,899 posts
I really really want to try water cannon on tiamat when he flies, but there's too much risk of getting jailed, bleh
#81 Apr 21 2009 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
358 posts
Alobont wrote:
Do you really thing theres that many cors on a single server?

If it works.... there will be >.>

Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#82 Apr 21 2009 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Really though this is more like the drk glitch that happened. Its not like we are abusing drop rates or anything. Im gonna go pwn some ANNms and die a lot for fun. The GM didnt say anythign about dont use it, cause really though its crazy its not gonna mess the game up.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#83 Apr 21 2009 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
***
3,947 posts
This is just like when they broke Magic hammer or Sneak Attack, just have fun with it while you can cause it will be patched asap.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#84 Apr 21 2009 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
***
1,726 posts
How many Mirke CORs would it take to take down Pandemonium Warden?

Hoist the Jolly Roger, it's time for a pirate attack! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
____________________________
=================================================
Somewhere out there, there is a road with 2 signs on it. One says "No Trespassing". The sign right next to it says "FREE KITTENS".
=================================================
#85 Apr 22 2009 at 12:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
388 posts
now i really need this just for the sake of doing it!!! omg.,.... at least i no i'd be trigger happy on AV lolololol

mirke body piece omg!!!
#86 Apr 22 2009 at 6:35 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
So i tooled around some more with glitch. I went and bought 10 stacks of ice cards and went to do the kitty annm. We wiped due to kiter dieing but i took the big guy down 25% in less than a minute. I also went and killed a @#%^ ton of wivres out in the bird camp. Got about 10k exp in 10 - 20 min, no hides though.

Its a fun glitch but its @#%^ing exspensive to play with.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#87 Apr 22 2009 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
**
620 posts
Helps if you can synth your own cards to cut down on the cost.
#88 Apr 22 2009 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Either that or have your friends buy you cards cause they want you to gun down stuff rofl.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#89 Apr 22 2009 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
Here's my vid, Fun stuffs XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_uvq2gy_Y
____________________________
CapnSpike of Lakshmi
AKA Captain Bloodbeard the Thievin Pirate
90 Cor - 90 Thf


"It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves."
#90 Apr 25 2009 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
312 posts
I built Mirke in favor of my RNG and in retrospect to COR, I still think that was the best decision to make.

Went with the +10 Ranged Attack and +5 Snapshot. I initially was reluctant to think this would be good for COR as well, that is, until I went back over what +5 Snapshot really means which is -10% ranged delay. -2% per point.

This gives COR a lot of something it didn't have much of before. I have merits to lower QD recast, I have merits to raise QD accuracy. Snapshot is just something COR doesn't have much of and Mirke gives the biggest amount out of all the Snapshot options out there for COR.

True, this would force the need for sushi on COR in some situations and make Mirke mostly an event piece or WS piece for when I can/dp shoot, but I think that's worth it. For melee, I'll still have Pahluwhan while if topping ranged accuracy is the most important thing, then there's still Denali body.

Though if you went with +10 Ranged Accuracy, then denali body did kinda get kicked in the pants there.

I don't think building Mirke in favor of QD is a totally bad idea, particularly if your COR is the only job you have at 75, but I do think its passing up an opportunity to get more of something CORs want, but can't as easily get as RNG can.

Edited, Apr 25th 2009 3:15pm by Omgwtfbbqkitten
____________________________
A Gambler's Life - Guide To Corsair

The BBQ Kitten Revolution is here.
Omgwtfbbqkitten (Mithra) - Rank 10 Windurst
RoZ, CoP and ToA complete!
75 COR, 75 RNG and up-and-coming THF o.o/
Foobar(Taru) - Rank 10 Windurst
RoZ and CoP complete! ToA 44 pending.
75 SCH, 66 BST and aspiring BLU.
#91 Apr 26 2009 at 4:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
111 posts
I'm just curious, how highly would you rank the Mirke Wardercors? Is it a must have gear, or just an armor that is nice to have?

I'm trying to decide between two different armors from the ACP mission... lol

Edited, Apr 26th 2009 9:31am by KainX
____________________________
Summoner
Corsair
#92 Apr 26 2009 at 7:32 AM Rating: Decent
KainX wrote:
I'm just curious, how highly would you rank the Mirke Wardercors? Is it a must have gear, or just an armor that is nice to have?

I'm trying to decide between two different armors from the ACP mission... lol

Edited, Apr 26th 2009 9:31am by KainX


It's tough really, because I want to tell you it's a QD gimmicky piece, but it's more than that really. If you're a cor that uses QD at events often, this would surpass smn. But if you're smn to more events, or perfer it over cor in general, then stick with the smn piece.

unfortunately I'm not on the upkeep of what good stuff smn gets from their piece, so there's my general answer.

GL in your choice whichever way you go!
____________________________
CapnSpike of Lakshmi
AKA Captain Bloodbeard the Thievin Pirate
90 Cor - 90 Thf


"It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves."
#93 Apr 26 2009 at 7:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
I'm just curious, how highly would you rank the Mirke Wardercors? Is it a must have gear, or just an armor that is nice to have?


Well depending on your augments it can become the de facto best WS piece for COR or the de facto best QD piece for COR. Given those options I think it becomes one of the major must have COR gear pieces. A body piece that isn't that hard to get that beats out skadi curie from salvage? How can you pass that up.

My COR edition will be RACC and RATT +10 as I don't do salvage or limbus and I don't have a Kirins Osode yet for RNG. So this becomes my RNG body and my COR WS/shooting body.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#94 Apr 26 2009 at 9:13 AM Rating: Decent
**
312 posts
Quote:
It's tough really, because I want to tell you it's a QD gimmicky piece, but it's more than that really. If you're a cor that uses QD at events often, this would surpass smn. But if you're smn to more events, or perfer it over cor in general, then stick with the smn piece.

unfortunately I'm not on the upkeep of what good stuff smn gets from their piece, so there's my general answer.

GL in your choice whichever way you go!



SMN would get a lot more out of Redingnote pet augments than COR would QD Augments from Waldecors.

In contrast to what a SMN could get out of Redingnote (choices of -Perpetuation, pet attack, pet accuracy, pet MAB/Pet MAcc), building a Mirke for QD is gimmicky. If you're a career SMN and part-time COR, this one is a no-brainer, you pass QD Augments and Waldecors at full speed.

EDIT: Also, for the brainiac that defaulted me on the previous post, think about this:

With Zha'Go's Barbut, Mirke Snap +5 and COR relic hand you'd be looking at the level of delay reduction RNG enjoys with Velocity Shot on COR (if I'm to understand the math behind each item correctly, a total -15% ranged delay reduection), a little more if you're using Jalzhan's in Assault/Salvage. To me, if you're in a situation where melee isn't practical, but shooting is still viable, that would make more of a difference than -5 QD delay.

The more Snap gear that gets added, the less "meh" relic gloves look.



Edited, Apr 28th 2009 1:25am by Omgwtfbbqkitten
____________________________
A Gambler's Life - Guide To Corsair

The BBQ Kitten Revolution is here.
Omgwtfbbqkitten (Mithra) - Rank 10 Windurst
RoZ, CoP and ToA complete!
75 COR, 75 RNG and up-and-coming THF o.o/
Foobar(Taru) - Rank 10 Windurst
RoZ and CoP complete! ToA 44 pending.
75 SCH, 66 BST and aspiring BLU.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (19)