Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ToM offhand swordFollow

#1 Jun 17 2011 at 7:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,089 posts
So Im going to work on almace for main. What, in the blu community is the better off hand sword?

OaT
Oa2~4
Dbl Att

Im guessing 2~4. Share your thoughts.
____________________________
SSubZero wrote:

MNK: "OK we're gonna go in and get those items."
WHM: "Did you have a plan?"
MNK: "Plan? I was going to walk through the front door and start punching people."
#2 Jun 17 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
For overall melee DOT I believe DA and 2-4 are very close with DA edging out.
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#3 Jun 17 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,089 posts
doctorugh wrote:
For overall melee DOT I believe DA and 2-4 are very close with DA edging out.


Is that for dps or tp building?
I figured on just tp building offhand to get more CDC in.
____________________________
SSubZero wrote:

MNK: "OK we're gonna go in and get those items."
WHM: "Did you have a plan?"
MNK: "Plan? I was going to walk through the front door and start punching people."
#4 Jun 17 2011 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,054 posts
Peimei wrote:
doctorugh wrote:
For overall melee DOT I believe DA and 2-4 are very close with DA edging out.


Is that for dps or tp building?
I figured on just tp building offhand to get more CDC in.


Its for overall damage; (melee + WS)/time.
____________________________
Quote:
You can't transform numbers into other numbers like that. It'd just go on forever. That's like witchcraft.


There's one guy I know who
Quote:
is a big deal now.
#5 Jun 17 2011 at 7:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,089 posts
decisions decisions decisions...

Thanx for the insight
____________________________
SSubZero wrote:

MNK: "OK we're gonna go in and get those items."
WHM: "Did you have a plan?"
MNK: "Plan? I was going to walk through the front door and start punching people."
#6 Jun 17 2011 at 10:16 PM Rating: Decent
**
785 posts
The OaT path is fairly bad for overall damage, DA Khanda/Str/Dex Shamshir all beat them inside Abyssea, I don't think anything loses to 2-4 outside either, it's just a really bad sword. Mageblade outclasses the OaT Khanda+2.

Edited, Jun 18th 2011 1:17am by Neisan
#7 Jun 21 2011 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
**
575 posts
What is the activation rate on the 2-4 sword? The magian multihits can't possibly be as proc-happy as every other multihit in the game, else they'd be dominating, no?
#8 Jun 21 2011 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
**
785 posts
Current data on Dnc forum with Oa4 parazonium is 1.9~ attacks average admittedly, but you have to account for its low base damage, poor hit distribution, and unfavourable OAX effect.
#9 Jun 21 2011 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
*
132 posts
ItsAMyri wrote:
What is the activation rate on the 2-4 sword? The magian multihits can't possibly be as proc-happy as every other multihit in the game, else they'd be dominating, no?


Neisan wrote:
Current data on Dnc forum with Oa4 parazonium is 1.9~ attacks average admittedly, but you have to account for its low base damage, poor hit distribution, and unfavourable OAX effect.


In other words, yes, it's dominating, provided your mainhand sword is an empyrean/mythic or similar, due to its superior TP gain. Supposedly the +10 DA khanda is just a hair better than 2-4x for almace users, but its so close it's not really worth noting.

Now as for a mainhand, it's pretty terrible. :P
____________________________

#10 Jun 21 2011 at 10:06 PM Rating: Default
**
785 posts
Potentially better outside, inside with Apoc it doesn't increase TP gain as much as it looks like it would at first glance. the 2-3 handily loses to.. just about every reasonable offhand in overall damage inside or outside last I checked. I'll have to look over 2-4 again later.

The high delay doesn't help it or DA's case either.

EDIT: Not even looking good outside for overall damage but I think I miscalculated somewhere since average rounds decreased assuming 90% OAT rate when parazonium averaged 40%.

Edited, Jun 22nd 2011 1:20am by Neisan
#11 Jun 23 2011 at 5:17 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,890 posts
All the multihit weapons suffer inside abyssea due to the proliferation of TA / DA atma's. Outside it really depends what your doing. The OaT sword is actually really good once you factor in fSTR. Its 40% activation rate so factor in 1.40 as its delay divider. The 2~4 one really hurts DPS wise, the DMG is just too low for its delay even after taking into account 1.8 (I've seen 1.8 not 1.9, but I may have to check again) delay divider. The DA+10% rocks inside abysea because it can actually stack with atma's and gear, but Apoc Atma still reduces its the effect. Really unless your a DNC I would stay away from the 2~4 one, do OaT or DA+10 with DA+10 being slightly better for CDC users. Another good choice is the STR one, Attack +24.5 is hard to come by for a BLU and monsters 80+ tend to have annoyingly high defense.
____________________________
RoTZ: Complete DM: O
CoP: Complete AN: O
99 SAM, RDM, BLU, WAR, PLD, DRK

lolgaxe wrote:
Nothing in this game is impossible if you set yourself to the task of actually doing it. Even dumb people can only hold you back for so long.


Lucinus wrote:
when you're hefting something that deadly, you don't miss - mobs get the **** out of the way instead...
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)