Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Set It And Forget It - A BLU Spellset GuideFollow

#54 Mar 13 2009 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
13 posts
Nice guide with some great suggestions.

Just wanted to congratulate you and say Kudos.
#55 Mar 13 2009 at 9:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,029 posts
Great guide, but just a note that NOT every mob in campaign as MP.

Nevertheless, MP drainkiss is a highly essentially spell because most of them have MP and usually they are not very resistant to it.
#56 Mar 14 2009 at 12:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
Lwin wrote:
Great guide, but just a note that NOT every mob in campaign as MP.

Nevertheless, MP drainkiss is a highly essentially spell because most of them have MP and usually they are not very resistant to it.

There's an easy rule for this.
All belfry-summoning/summoned monsters don't have MP.
All kindred (gnats, gnoles, gigas, dark elemental, fomor) is dark based, so MP drainkiss often resisted.

Edited, Mar 14th 2009 2:00am by VZX
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#57 Mar 24 2009 at 7:20 PM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
Bump just so I can find it easier.
____________________________
Barry Banville - Fabul
16Pug,12Min,12Gold,6Con,5Arm,4Gld
Barry - Gilgamesh - Retired
75Blm,39Rng,75Pld,75War,40Whm,75Thf,75Monk,75Nin
75Rdm,18Brd,75Sam,75Bst,37Drg,20Smn,37Drk,75Blu,
75Cor,75Pup,37Dnc,37Sch
#58 Apr 06 2009 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
*
135 posts
Can we get this stickied? Amazing guide to reference when looking for a quick spell set to work off of.
#59 Apr 10 2009 at 6:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
221 posts
Wow.

Posting in here so I can find this easier - thinking of taking BLU past 37 now (leveled it for DRG sub) and I'll certainly be referring to this!^^
____________________________
75WHM/75DRG/75BLM/75BRD/75RDM
Bastok/Caitsith \m/

All we need now is a little energon, and a lot of luck
#60 Aug 05 2009 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
10 posts
70-75 needs an update to include the 2 new spells Triumphant Roar and Sub-Zero Smash. There are plenty of forums around here discussing the new spells but i'd like to see it on here, my spell setting bible. 65blu Okwaho on Odin.
#61 Aug 08 2009 at 11:21 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
Okwahotwo wrote:
70-75 needs an update to include the 2 new spells Triumphant Roar and Sub-Zero Smash. There are plenty of forums around here discussing the new spells but i'd like to see it on here, my spell setting bible. 65blu Okwaho on Odin.
Sol will get around to it when he wants to. Patience, young Padawan.

Edited, Aug 9th 2009 3:21am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#62 Aug 26 2009 at 8:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Updated. Added Sub-Zero Smash and Triumphant Roar, tweaked a few spellsets and added some notes. It's amazing how much you change in a year - lots of "wtf did I set that for?" going through my head Smiley: lol. More tweaks to come soon.

Sorry for the long wait. I just got around to getting my lazy ass the two new spells last week and my Mirage Jubbah from Beaucedine on Saturday finally (yay!), so I had some extra motivation to go out and mess around with em.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not piss me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#63 Jun 05 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Mommy dearest, this useful thing is way too far from the first page.
____________________________
Edited for a lack of creativity.
#64 Jun 06 2010 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
How the hell has this thread not been stickied yet?
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#65 Jun 06 2010 at 11:57 AM Rating: Excellent
*
236 posts
It actually is the first link in the third sticky down on the BLU page, but still, it's nice to have at the top for people who don't know to look there.
____________________________
~SMN99 BRD99 BLM99 BLU99 WHM99 DNC99 THF99 RDM95 COR95 SCH95 RNG75
#66 Jul 05 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Good
Looking forward to an update on this with the new spells. This has been incredibly helpful to throw at new BLUs or confused ones.

Thank you for your work on this guide :)
____________________________
Nateypoo wrote:
What college did you go to? Clown or barber?
Be sure to report your findings to the no child left behind committee.
Corsairs are secretly just Marilyn Manson wannabes.
Tyrrant wrote:
BelenosSwiftWater wrote:
I blame spicyryan
I blame his whore of a mother who didn't abort him.
#67 Jul 05 2010 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
Also, i suggest adding to the OP's post in the "Sea" section... there is now NO excuse for a Lv75 Blue Mage to NOT have Sea magic, CoP can now be solo'd all the way to Airship/Tenzen and even then you only need a handful of people to get that done.

There is no excuse, get CoP done by the time you get to Lv70+
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#68 Jul 05 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Tatham wrote:
Also, i suggest adding to the OP's post in the "Sea" section... there is now NO excuse for a Lv75 Blue Mage to NOT have Sea magic, CoP can now be solo'd duo'd all the way to Airship/Tenzen and even then you only need a handful of people to get that done.

There is no excuse, get CoP done by the time you get to Lv70+


FTFY
____________________________
Nateypoo wrote:
What college did you go to? Clown or barber?
Be sure to report your findings to the no child left behind committee.
Corsairs are secretly just Marilyn Manson wannabes.
Tyrrant wrote:
BelenosSwiftWater wrote:
I blame spicyryan
I blame his whore of a mother who didn't abort him.
#69 Aug 05 2011 at 8:10 PM Rating: Excellent
36 posts
I know its a bit of a Necropost, but I just wanted to say what a fantactic resource this guide has been to me so far. I know I've seen the OP still posting on these forums and so just wanted to say thanks, its been a massive help to a nooby Blu!

On another note, does anyone have any spell set advice or know of any similar guides focusing on the 75-90 level ranges? I'm pretty much clueless on most of these new spells, and have no idea whats hot and whats not, all the spell guides I can find are now quite outdated.

Edited, Aug 5th 2011 10:13pm by CourierBarry
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#70 Aug 06 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
As far as I can notice the change of my spell set back in 75 days and now :

Trait wise:
- Refresh trait is no longer coming from Actinic Burst + Plasma Charge, but rather Actinic + Winds of Promyvion, since Winds of Promyvion is generally more useful than Plasma Charge
- Double Attack is an awesome trait that can be set for 3+3 points (Acrid Stream and Empty Thrash)

- I don't set Attack bonus trait anymore, since +10 attack can be easily gotten by casting Plenilune embrace to yourself, or fantod (still impractical IMO)
- Accuracy bonus is no longer needed in Abyssea, but outside, I still set it; The cheaper combo I use is now Vanity Dive + Frenetic Rip (3+2 points). It used to be Frenetic Rip + Disseverment (3+5)
- Sound blast + Dream Flower is my favorite MAB trait. Sound blast is very cheap (1 point), and Dream Flower is decent cost and useful (3 points). MAB traits mainly set to help Sanguine Blade damage
- Conserve MP is moot in Abyssea with Minikin Monstrosity Atma, so is Battery Charge. I only set these 2 if I'm outside Abyssea

Utility spell:
- Animating Wail is awesome, you'll get the same effect as WHM or RDM haste

Damage Spell:
- Quadratic Continuum will be your bread and butter like Disseverment was. Like Disseverment, it creates Distortion SC with Savage Blade
- Benthic Typhoon is a good fight opener with 10% def and 10 mdef down. A good replacement to Frightful roar, but it does conic damage (so it can also shoot other mob the other PT member fighting). It's somehow has lower base accuracy than other melee spells.
- Delta thrust is very cheap and deal good damage (but have slightly lower base attack as I noticed)
- Vanity dive is a nice single hit damage spell.
- Goblin rush is also a nice multi-hit spell. It can create light SC with savage blade.
I usually leave out Goblin rush when I'm low on set point.


Edited, Aug 6th 2011 5:54pm by VZX

Edited, Aug 6th 2011 5:55pm by VZX
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#71 Sep 04 2011 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
640 posts
BelenosSwiftWater wrote:
Tatham wrote:
Also, i suggest adding to the OP's post in the "Sea" section... there is now NO excuse for a Lv75 Blue Mage to NOT have Sea magic, CoP can now be solo'd duo'd solo'd all the way to Airship/Tenzen and even then you only need a handful of people to get that done.

There is no excuse, get CoP done by the time you get to Lv70+


FTFY


FTFFY.

I solo'd up to Ultima(Omega solo'd, died to Ultima at 1%) and this was in nothing but oldschool rare/ex gear at 80. No Perle because I didn't know anything about Aby. So I would REALLY hope anyone decent could solo this stuff at 90.


As for the rest? This is one of the main bookmarks for me. Friend is just now leveling BLU and I find myself here all over again to guide him :)
____________________________
In my line of work the title "Doc" isn't earned with some fancy degree.
I'm a Combat Medic, I will always come for you.
#72 Oct 08 2011 at 8:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
996 posts
VZX wrote:
As far as I can notice the change of my spell set back in 75 days and now :

Trait wise:
- Refresh trait is no longer coming from Actinic Burst + Plasma Charge, but rather Actinic + Winds of Promyvion, since Winds of Promyvion is generally more useful than Plasma Charge
- Double Attack is an awesome trait that can be set for 3+3 points (Acrid Stream and Empty Thrash)

- I don't set Attack bonus trait anymore, since +10 attack can be easily gotten by casting Plenilune embrace to yourself, or fantod (still impractical IMO)
- Accuracy bonus is no longer needed in Abyssea, but outside, I still set it; The cheaper combo I use is now Vanity Dive + Frenetic Rip (3+2 points). It used to be Frenetic Rip + Disseverment (3+5)
- Sound blast + Dream Flower is my favorite MAB trait. Sound blast is very cheap (1 point), and Dream Flower is decent cost and useful (3 points). MAB traits mainly set to help Sanguine Blade damage
- Conserve MP is moot in Abyssea with Minikin Monstrosity Atma, so is Battery Charge. I only set these 2 if I'm outside Abyssea

Utility spell:
- Animating Wail is awesome, you'll get the same effect as WHM or RDM haste

Damage Spell:
- Quadratic Continuum will be your bread and butter like Disseverment was. Like Disseverment, it creates Distortion SC with Savage Blade
- Benthic Typhoon is a good fight opener with 10% def and 10 mdef down. A good replacement to Frightful roar, but it does conic damage (so it can also shoot other mob the other PT member fighting). It's somehow has lower base accuracy than other melee spells.
- Delta thrust is very cheap and deal good damage (but have slightly lower base attack as I noticed)
- Vanity dive is a nice single hit damage spell.
- Goblin rush is also a nice multi-hit spell. It can create light SC with savage blade.
I usually leave out Goblin rush when I'm low on set point.


Edited, Aug 6th 2011 5:54pm by VZX

Edited, Aug 6th 2011 5:55pm by VZX


This post is helpfull thanks.

Would you mind sharing your current spell set (or anyone mind sharing sets) I am skilling up blue magic right now 1/2 getting spells and 1/2 while doing ToM for a new sword for Blu.

I would really appreciate it if someone would share the following sets and suggested Atmas

1) Exp
2) Abyssea NM farming (i assume you set the 3 possible spells for that day)
3) AoE farming

I am currently 77 (got to that lvl so I could get dominion swords to use) my plan is to skill to ~200 and then skill while exping with LS mates, figure at 250 ish I can take pick up pts.







Edited, Oct 8th 2011 7:47am by Tyleron
____________________________
Arcari wrote:
It's the animation. All Drakesbane does is poke a mob and make lights appear. Ukko's Fury smashes a hole through existence itself to damage an opponent.

Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#73 Oct 08 2011 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,720 posts
Here's what I'm currently using:

Vanity Dive + Disseverment (7 points, Accuracy Trait) - I'm too old fashioned to give these up and they're not bad damage spells while waiting on my other spells to cool down.
Winds of Promy + Actinic Burst (9 points, Auto Refresh) - Awesome utility spells and gives me more MP while I'm idling in my TP gear. To me, this is a no brainer. Also, it relieves my DB'd WHM from having to worry about erasing the tank.
Sudden Lunge (4 points) - The new head butt.
Quadratic Continuum + Delta Thrust (6 points, Dual Wield) - I'm usually /NIN, /DNC, or /THF, so this rarely is necessary for me (when I /THF), but the spells are just that nice. Delta Thrust in Dynamis is just wicked while waiting to proc. And what more needs to be said about QC?
Goblin Rush + Benthic Typhoon (7 points, Skillchain Bonus) - A nice bonus for SC'ing and useful spells all around.
Magic Barrier + Metallic Body (4 points, Max MP boost) - I'm the go to anti-Magic tank and I like to have Magic Barrier up whether I'm tanking or not if I know I'm going to take a lot of magic damage. These allows me to stand on the front line a lot more often. The extra 10 mp is crappy, but meh - it's got a place.
White Wind (5 points) - This spell is just that awesome.
Dream Flower (3 points, Magic Attack Bonus) - AoE sleep and half of MAB. I always have this ready to go. I usually get it off before those bored BLMs remember they're crowd control, too.

This leaves me with 15 points.

If I'm not planning on needing something else, I set:

Vertical Cleave + Sub Zero Smash (7 points, 2 hour self sc set) - Totally in there because I occasionally like to nuke sh*t for fun. If I didn't use them in a Self Skill Chain, I wouldn't set them. These are usually the first to go when I want to proc yellow in Abyssea.


Then, depending on what I'm doing, I set the following:
EXP mode: Heavy Strike + Empty Thrash (5 points, Double Attack)

Charged Whisker AoE farming mode: Charged Whisker (4 points), Memento Mori (4 points), Sound Blast (1 point), Whirl of Rage (2 points) and Cocoon (1 point) for a total of 12. I don't take my 2 hour spells when I do this. The last spell is usually a +INT spell, but it varies. Sometimes I try to fit in Thermal Pulse, as well.

Yellow Proc: 12 points (no 2 hour spells from above) used for the days that I need. I always change after the last mob of a day dies and I don't engage again until I get my spells back.

If I still happen to have 3 points left over, I also set Head Butt. Being able to alternate Sudden Lunge and Head Butt has been awesome the few times I've done it.
____________________________
Leviathan - PLD90, BLU90, MNK 90, DRG 78
#74 Oct 09 2011 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
996 posts
Wow thanks very helpfull.

Seems like not may low lvl spells. hmmm think I am going to take skill to 250 then start farming spells.

Any tips on atmas?
____________________________
Arcari wrote:
It's the animation. All Drakesbane does is poke a mob and make lights appear. Ukko's Fury smashes a hole through existence itself to damage an opponent.

#75 Oct 09 2011 at 10:12 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
Tyleron wrote:
Wow thanks very helpfull.

Seems like not may low lvl spells. hmmm think I am going to take skill to 250 then start farming spells.

Any tips on atmas?

Atma of the Apocalypse (Auto RR3, Insta-cast 10%, triple attack+15%)
Atma of the Razed Ruins (DEX+50, Crit dmg+30%, crit hit rate+30%)
Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (INT+50, Refresh 10MP/tick, Enmity-20)

are the 3 people usually use
Almace wielders usually change the MM atma to either Gnarled Horn, Alpha and Omega, or Sanguine Scythe (since there's Heavy Strike now). Almace wielders usually focus on sword damage and only occasionally cast spell when CA/Efflux is up.
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#76 Oct 18 2011 at 9:03 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
781 posts
Quote:
Atma of the Apocalypse (Auto RR3, Insta-cast 10%, triple attack+15%)
Atma of the Razed Ruins (DEX+50, Crit dmg+30%, crit hit rate+30%)
Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (INT+50, Refresh 10MP/tick, Enmity-20)

are the 3 people usually use
Almace wielders usually change the MM atma to either Gnarled Horn, Alpha and Omega, or Sanguine Scythe (since there's Heavy Strike now). Almace wielders usually focus on sword damage and only occasionally cast spell when CA/Efflux is up.


Does an almace DOT and CDC actually out dmg 10mp tic with spell spam? Find that hard to belive. The 62 dmg is great dont get me wrong but not so substantial that it keeps up with our spamage. You can call me an emperyum hater simply becasue i do not have the means or time to aquire one, but come on... I need some stats and testing here.
____________________________
Nihcru @ Bahamut
PLD 75
/Salute...
The sword held high with virtue and might,
A Shield in hand protecting what's right,
Through Darkest night may valor shine bright,
May Goddess Altana bless you with her light.
#77 Oct 19 2011 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
Nihcru wrote:
Quote:
Atma of the Apocalypse (Auto RR3, Insta-cast 10%, triple attack+15%)
Atma of the Razed Ruins (DEX+50, Crit dmg+30%, crit hit rate+30%)
Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (INT+50, Refresh 10MP/tick, Enmity-20)

are the 3 people usually use
Almace wielders usually change the MM atma to either Gnarled Horn, Alpha and Omega, or Sanguine Scythe (since there's Heavy Strike now). Almace wielders usually focus on sword damage and only occasionally cast spell when CA/Efflux is up.


Does an almace DOT and CDC actually out dmg 10mp tic with spell spam? Find that hard to belive. The 62 dmg is great dont get me wrong but not so substantial that it keeps up with our spamage. You can call me an emperyum hater simply becasue i do not have the means or time to aquire one, but come on... I need some stats and testing here.

You've got to see CDC in action. You won't need parse data to see the differences. It's far from "subtle" like if you cast physical spell in Mavi Mintan +1/+2 instead of Magus Jubbah/+1.

Before Almace, 2k vorpal was "nice spike", after Almace, 3k CDC is "wow.. that's bad". Not to mention 30~40% ODD to keep sword DoT up there.
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#78 Oct 19 2011 at 2:26 AM Rating: Good
***
2,180 posts
I've always hated vorpal blade.
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#79 Oct 27 2011 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
Nihcru wrote:
Quote:
Atma of the Apocalypse (Auto RR3, Insta-cast 10%, triple attack+15%)
Atma of the Razed Ruins (DEX+50, Crit dmg+30%, crit hit rate+30%)
Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (INT+50, Refresh 10MP/tick, Enmity-20)

are the 3 people usually use
Almace wielders usually change the MM atma to either Gnarled Horn, Alpha and Omega, or Sanguine Scythe (since there's Heavy Strike now). Almace wielders usually focus on sword damage and only occasionally cast spell when CA/Efflux is up.


Does an almace DOT and CDC actually out dmg 10mp tic with spell spam? Find that hard to belive. The 62 dmg is great dont get me wrong but not so substantial that it keeps up with our spamage. You can call me an emperyum hater simply becasue i do not have the means or time to aquire one, but come on... I need some stats and testing here.



If you're fighting NMs in abby, and going all out for dmg and not doing any defensive moves(not casting blink or shadows or cures etc), melee atma setup with no MM also wins for none CDC user IMO. Vorpal is easily 2.5k+(sometimes 3.5k+ with temps/food/buff) with /WAR, and each crit-hit is 150~250 dmg. With new triple attack job trait to increase DPS, it's way more efficient to focus on melee DPS to deal dmg on NMs since many spell suffers from lv correction and takes time to cast(while you cast spells you're not doing dmg etc). The amount of time you stop and cast one spell(that's not HS or no Efflux/CA) you can probably attack 3 ~5 times and deal more dmg. You can still toss a dmg spell like Heavy strike or Efflux QC to deal high spike dmg, and still not running out of MP. Any BLU (with or without CDC) in Abby should always focus on melee dmg first while fighting higher lv NM and only use high spike spells when HS/Efflux recast time up IMO.
#80 Nov 02 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,201 posts
just wanted to say -love this thread, thanks
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#81 Mar 14 2012 at 11:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Super necro bumping this (!) since things have finally settled down after the long meta-game chaotitastic road to 99 and thinking of some finalized sets. I have to admit, I'm kind of lost when it comes to concrete sets these days, with all the nutty stuff that's happened since the 75 cap was abolished - Abyssea, Neo-Dynamis, Neo-Nyzul, VW and eventually Legion, Salvage+ (hopefully) and Limbus+ (even more hopefully).

I just sat down for a few hours and put together some personal sets in Notepad, so I can have a quick list of spells to set depending on what I'm doing, what subs I'm using etc. I'm just gonna copy/paste in a different (albeit sloppy) format than the guide because I'm too lazy to type all this sh*t out again and my head is spinning. Requesting you guyses expertise on this stuff before I add it to the OP, since as I said, I'm more lost than a Corsair in Whitegate at the moment.

Messing around farming spells, traveling and general silliness:

Quote:
Standard DD [/DNC /BLM /WHM] - DW3/Double Attack/Auto Refresh/Skillchain Bonus (60/60 Points)

Quadrastrike (5) -Skillchain Bonus 1/2-
*Whirl of Rage (2)
Benthic Typhoon (4) -Skillchain Bonus 2/2-
Quad. Continuum (4) -DW3 1/6-
Delta Thrust (2) -DW3 2/6-
*Battery Charge (3)
Winds of Promy. (5) -Auto Refresh 1/2-
Barbed Crescent (2) -DW3 3/6-
Animating Wail (5) -DW3 4/6-
Empty Thrash (3) -Double Attack 1/2-
Heavy Strike (2) -Double Attack 2/2-
Actinic Burst (4) -Auto Refresh 2/2-
*Plenilune Embrace (4)
Amorphic spikes (4)
Sudden Lunge (4)
Blazing Bound (3) -DW3 5/6-
Mortal Ray (4) -DW3 6/6-


General /NIN stuff, low-man Abyssea etc. (not including trigger spells):

Quote:
Standard DD [/NIN] - DW3 (Native)/Subtle Blow 3 (Native)/Triple Attack/Auto Refresh/Skillchain Bonus/STP (60/60 Points)

Quadrastrike (5) -Skillchain Bonus 1/2-
*Whirl of Rage (2)
Benthic Typhoon (4) -Skillchain Bonus 2/2-
*Quad. Continuum (4) -DW 1/2-
*Battery Charge (3)
Winds of Promy. (5) -Auto Refresh 1/2-
*Animating Wail (5) -DW 2/2-
Empty Thrash (3) -Triple Attack 1/4-
Heavy Strike (2) -Triple Attack 2/4-
Actinic Burst (4) -Auto Refresh 2/2-
*Plenilune Embrace (4)
Amorphic spikes (4)
Sudden Lunge (4) -STP 1/2-
Fantod (1) -STP 2/2-
Acrid Stream (3) -Triple Attack 3/4-
Demoralizing Roar (4) -Triple Attack 4/4-
*Dream Flower (3)


Same as /NIN but focused on /RDM (relying on Refresh spell instead of Battery Charge, DW3 from spells):

Quote:
Standard DD [/RDM] - MAB2 (Native)/DW3/Triple Attack/Auto Refresh/Skillchain Bonus (60/60 Points)

Quadrastrike (5) -Skillchain Bonus 1/2-
*Whirl of Rage (2)
Benthic Typhoon (4) -Skillchain Bonus 2/2-
Quad. Continuum (4) -DW3 1/6-
Delta Thrust (2) -DW3 2/6-
Winds of Promy. (5) -Auto Refresh 1/2-
Barbed Crescent (2) -DW3 3/6-
Animating Wail (5) -DW3 4/6-
Empty Thrash (3) -Triple Attack 1/4-
Heavy Strike (2) -Triple Attack 2/4-
Actinic Burst (4) -Auto Refresh 2/2-
Amorphic spikes (4)
Sudden Lunge (4)
Blazing Bound (3) -DW3 5/6-
Mortal Ray (4) -DW3 6/6-
Acrid Stream (3) -Triple Attack 3/4-
Demoralizing Roar (4) -Triple Attack 4/4-


/WAR stuff for when you have a lot of support, CDC, VW?

Quote:
Standard DD [/WAR] - DW3/Triple Attack/Auto Refresh/Skillchain Bonus (60/60 Points) **NO REFRESH SPELL**

Quadrastrike (5) -Skillchain Bonus 1/2-
*Whirl of Rage (2)
Benthic Typhoon (4) -Skillchain Bonus 2/2-
Quad. Continuum (4) -DW3 1/6-
Delta Thrust (2) -DW3 2/6-
Winds of Promy. (5) -Auto Refresh 1/2-
Barbed Crescent (2) -DW3 3/6-
Animating Wail (5) -DW3 4/6-
*Empty Thrash (3) -Triple Attack 1/4-
*Heavy Strike (2) -Triple Attack 2/4-
Actinic Burst (4) -Auto Refresh 2/2-
Amorphic spikes (4)
Sudden Lunge (4)
Blazing Bound (3) -DW3 5/6-
Mortal Ray (4) -DW3 6/6-
*Acrid Stream (3) -Triple Attack 3/4-
*Demoralizing Roar (4) -Triple Attack 4/4-


Charged Whisker /RDM, Abyssea:

Quote:
Charged Whisker [/RDM]

Quad. Continuum (4) DEX+3
Amorphic Spikes (4) INT+5
Whirl of Rage (2) DEX+2
Frypan (3) DEX+2
Barbed Crescent (2) DEX+4
Fantod (1) DEX+2
Charged Whisker (4) DEX+2/INT+2
*Thermal Pulse (3)
Blitzstrahl (4) DEX+3
*Enervation (5)
Memento Mori (4)
Dream Flower (3)
Cocoon (1)
Plenilune Embrace (4)
Occultation (3)
Actinic Burst (4) -AutoRefresh 1/2-
Winds of Promy./Plasma Charge (5 each) -Auto Refresh 2/2- (Promy if you need an Erase, otherwise Plasma for the DEX)
Water Bomb (2) INT+4
Grand Slam (2) INT+1
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not piss me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (15)