Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Banish IVFollow

#1 Dec 13 2010 at 2:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,007 posts
So I was in Abyssea grauberg just now and we were fighting ironclad trying to get magic trigger. I usually use light spirit to try flash/banishIII/holy for triggers. Instead of casting Flash > Holy > Banish III as it usually does, it proceeds to the dismay of the whm in the party to cast Banish IV. The whm then cursed the name of the light spirit.

Not that it's any major news or anything, but I hadn't spent any time checking if any new spells were added or not. This partially ruins my light spirit's functionality as a light spell trigger, can't banish III anymore.

____________________________
(I don't speak any Non-Pet)
-Kairos lvl300 petmaster Caitsith
-----------------
This resulted in a backlash from the PLD. "He saved u lot from dying by using his 2hour!" *eyeroll* Bitch, please. I'm a mother-@#%^ing-DRAGOON. -Kellinda (Live Journal)
#2 Dec 14 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
489 posts
wait, what? how the..

i don' think even WHMs get Banish IV at the moment...
it'd be the first time that i know of that an elemental gets a spell not even players can use yet...

but wow.. if so, then perhaps all the spirits got ninja buffed.
worth checking it out imo
____________________________
Arciel Spira | SMN PUP BST DRG RDM
Bahamut
wilddragonchase.com
#3 Dec 14 2010 at 7:14 AM Rating: Good
*
128 posts
Spirits tend to be Mellowy's topic. I would be highly surprised if the spirits got ninja buffed and she hasn't reported anything yet...
#4 Dec 14 2010 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Casts banish IV for sure my skill is around 360ish
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#5 Dec 14 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
*
128 posts
What about the other spirit? Tier V? I don't see why they would add in an extra banish and leave out the tier Vs
#6 Dec 14 2010 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
489 posts
Spirit's spell repertoire has never been linked to skill but smn's lv, so its unlocked somewhere from 86-90, since I'm certain 85 SMN doesn't get it.

On that note, its either they slipped and forgot to remove it from the list, or they initially intended to give WHM Banish IV between 86-90 but decided against it.
____________________________
Arciel Spira | SMN PUP BST DRG RDM
Bahamut
wilddragonchase.com
#7 Dec 15 2010 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
News to me. Though I'm certain there were no new spells for any spirit 75-85. I've not tried to trigger more than once since hitting 90 and my fire spirit insisted on 4 burns. (Actually I recall testing ice spirit too, for 3 paralyze... sensing a pattern here)
#8 Dec 15 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
*
128 posts
I had the same problem with my spirits... using the elemental debuffs multiple times in a row. Couldn't get it to nuke for anything.
#9 Dec 15 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Mellowy wrote:
News to me. Though I'm certain there were no new spells for any spirit 75-85. I've not tried to trigger more than once since hitting 90 and my fire spirit insisted on 4 burns. (Actually I recall testing ice spirit too, for 3 paralyze... sensing a pattern here)


Hmmm my fire spirit was casting flare so not sure whats up with yours I am loving these guys now if I can figure whats up with my light spirit casting pattern when I have low hit pts and it hits me with regen or haste or protect >.>...
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#10 Dec 15 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
My light spirit also cast Banish IV just now. The other spirits seem unaffected though. Water IV, Fire IV, Flare were cast as I played around with them.
____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
#11 Dec 15 2010 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
Quote:
I can figure whats up with my light spirit casting pattern when I have low hit pts and it hits me with regen or haste or protect >.>...


It only heals you if your are in red. Orange, yellow or white HP it considers safe for regen. It also only has like 80% chance to cast cure V at red, so you could get haste or protect instead (but not regen. Never seen it dumb enough to regen instead of cure)
#12 Dec 15 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Mellowy wrote:
Quote:
I can figure whats up with my light spirit casting pattern when I have low hit pts and it hits me with regen or haste or protect >.>...


It only heals you if your are in red. Orange, yellow or white HP it considers safe for regen. It also only has like 80% chance to cast cure V at red, so you could get haste or protect instead (but not regen. Never seen it dumb enough to regen instead of cure)


I wasn't just red I was like at 11 hp got regen and haste >.> lol...


____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#13 Dec 17 2010 at 4:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,007 posts
Light spirit will still cast cure if you are in orange. The threshold is 50%. If you have 50% or more of your hp all you will get is regen. The ridiculous thing is they haven't thought to upgrade it to regen 3 or 4 yet. I remember back a while before they added banish III to whm, light spirit had it 3 months before, so I suspect whm will be getting banish IV next update.
____________________________
(I don't speak any Non-Pet)
-Kairos lvl300 petmaster Caitsith
-----------------
This resulted in a backlash from the PLD. "He saved u lot from dying by using his 2hour!" *eyeroll* Bitch, please. I'm a mother-@#%^ing-DRAGOON. -Kellinda (Live Journal)
#14 Dec 18 2010 at 8:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
shadowkind wrote:
Light spirit will still cast cure if you are in orange. The threshold is 50%. If you have 50% or more of your hp all you will get is regen. The ridiculous thing is they haven't thought to upgrade it to regen 3 or 4 yet. I remember back a while before they added banish III to whm, light spirit had it 3 months before, so I suspect whm will be getting banish IV next update.


Well, spirits are entirely unpredictable. I believe I've gotten curaga IV while I was playing solo. Any common sense would have told the spirit to use cure V. I still have never seen any cure spells above 25% ever. So if they can, it would just be some 10% chance, with 90% chance at regen.
#15 Dec 18 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,007 posts
No mellow, i'm sure that since 03 or 04 your spirits have been broken lol. Cure chance when a player is under 50% hp seems to be at least 70% for me.I wouldn't never use it if it was a 50% chance or less of cure.
____________________________
(I don't speak any Non-Pet)
-Kairos lvl300 petmaster Caitsith
-----------------
This resulted in a backlash from the PLD. "He saved u lot from dying by using his 2hour!" *eyeroll* Bitch, please. I'm a mother-@#%^ing-DRAGOON. -Kellinda (Live Journal)
#16 Dec 19 2010 at 6:50 AM Rating: Decent
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
70% is a scary thought, since it means I've hit that 30% area every single time for years, putting me at impossible odds. But I've always said I have zero luck in this game, with the single good luck being a speed belt from KSNM99 2005.
#17 Dec 20 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
shadowkind wrote:
No mellow, i'm sure that since 03 or 04 your spirits have been broken lol. Cure chance when a player is under 50% hp seems to be at least 70% for me.I wouldn't never use it if it was a 50% chance or less of cure.


My light spirit must be broke as hell or my random number generation for cures must be ass I raise up and pop a light spirit and get regen or some enhancement effect hardly ever cure for a bit so I just go back to carby or garuda if need to get back in the fight....
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (29)