I posted this elsewhere, but figured it deserves a centralized top post position where I can update/add to it as others discover more information.
The Test *using Titan*
My base defense is 244 with Nashira Gages (18 def) @ 311 smn skill
With favour on, my def maxes out at +57 or 301 Def (301-244 = 57)
Switching out gages for SMN. Brcr +1 (16 def) drops my def 2 points to 299 def. @ 323 smn skill however in the next tick, my Def jumps up 5 points to 304
So 304 -242* = 62 def cap.
* 242 is base defense with Summoner's Brcr +1
I'm not sure if the results improve further to say 330 skill, but it's definitely tier based with a ceiling around 318 skill that gives you a bonus.
* removing SMN. Earring to get my skill down to 320 flat from 323 resulted in no change in def bonus at +62.
* removing Astute cape to get my skill down to 318 from 323 result in no change in def bonus at +62.
* removing Astute cape & SMN. Earring to get skill down to 315 from 323 results in a change in def bonus to +57
* removing SMN. Torque to get skill down to 316 from 323 results in a change in def bonus to +57
* Based on Enilanerda's study on BG, noting that the 4tick refresh from diabolos kicks in at 317 skill, and having confirmed there is no bonus at 316, 317 appears to be the magic number.
* As the test is conducted alone with my 75 SMN it is difficult to find performance tiers below the 317 mark. I can confirm that at 269 skill *no SMN skill gear* the effect of the avatar favor is 'standard' as in Diabolos' max refresh bonus remains at +3
*+25 def base when the avatar is initially summoned
* caps at +57 def with skill 316 and below
* caps +62 def with skill 317 and above
* 12 hp/tick regen at full strength with 311 summoning skill (does not include /WHM auto refresh)
* 15 hp/tick regen at full strength with 318 summoning skill (does not include /WHM auto refresh)
* +3 mp/tick refresh with skill 316 and below
* +4 mp/tick refresh with skill 317 and above
Shiva's Favour (from Suiram)
*214 skill caps at MAB+4
*285 skill caps at MAB+7
*322 skill caps at MAB+10
* 7% Double Attack at 316 skill and below (see my test)
* 11.6% Double Attack at 317 skill and above
I thought this was a residual effect but having logged out and logged back in and reapplied avatar's favor from scratch, I still got the 25 defense bonus immediately. Therefore, it appears that Titan's favor provides a base def bonus of 25.
Edited, Nov 11th 2009 10:26pm by Dekusutaa
Edited, Nov 11th 2009 11:21pm by Dekusutaa