Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Information on Favor systemFollow

#52 Nov 10 2009 at 1:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
697 posts
Carby Mitts are fixed
____________________________
75 RDM BLM SCH SAM PUP
#53 Nov 10 2009 at 1:54 PM Rating: Good
***
3,059 posts
Gerkin wrote:
Carby Mitts are fixed
Relic and Conjurer's too, I assume?
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#54 Nov 10 2009 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,805 posts
So far before putting my stuff back in storage, i found my stuff worked, the ring that is.
____________________________
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know anything in a Squeenix game can be considered common knowledge. :)
#55 Nov 10 2009 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
**
907 posts
The nice thing about favors is, if you have nashira hands, you no longer need carby mitts at 75 :D sorta inventory+1
____________________________
Mellowy wrote:
It is not that SE does not listen to good ideas, they just seem to place their post-its at the wrong workstations.
#56 Nov 10 2009 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
jlejeune wrote:
Gerkin wrote:
Carby Mitts are fixed
Relic and Conjurer's too, I assume?


Not in update notes. So if they are fixed, it is purely by coincidence.
#57 Nov 10 2009 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
**
316 posts
My take on the update:

Less Perp. Cost: Win
Less Avatar Damage: Lose

Overall update: so so due to the reduced damage.

MP efficiency is certainly improved, I get a free garuda now, and if latent refresh such as sigil is up, even 1 tick mp up. Managed to solo a Yagudo in campaign and still got quite bit mp left and only did siphone once. So yes SMN can last longer for sure, and solo ability is somewhat improved.

However, I am really unhappy with this reduced damage penalty in exchange for Favor. I wish SE would cancel that. Such a disappointing move.
____________________________
Virtual Wandering
#58 Nov 10 2009 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
612 posts
Quote:
My take on the update:

Less Perp. Cost: Win
Less Avatar Damage: Lose

Overall update: so so due to the reduced damage.

MP efficiency is certainly improved, I get a free garuda now, and if latent refresh such as sigil is up, even 1 tick mp up. Managed to solo a Yagudo in campaign and still got quite bit mp left and only did siphone once. So yes SMN can last longer for sure, and solo ability is somewhat improved.

However, I am really unhappy with this reduced damage penalty in exchange for Favor. I wish SE would cancel that. Such a disappointing move.


This is my current feeling as well, although I'm a little more content with the update. I'd give it a solid B on a grading scale.

Loving the better MP efficiency, with Sublimation, Aspir, this new ability, and Elemental Siphon I can last for quite awhile.

I wouldn't have minded a damage reduction so much if it was just average melee attacks that were affected, since our avatars melee like wet paper bags on anything that matters anyway. But they just had to go and mess with BP strength it seems. :(
#59 Nov 10 2009 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,007 posts
I really don't see any real down side with the damage reduction. if you're using an avatar for farming and you have favor up, then you're going to benefit from the decreased perpetuation cost more than you would from 15% more damage.

In situations where you actually do require the full damage of your pacts, you're focusing on doing damage which means you shouldn't be trying to be the buffer and the DD at the same time. Just don't use favor when you need full damage. The ability clearly supports two different roles or modes of play, so you need to switch back and forth, not try to do and use everything in one stance.
____________________________
(I don't speak any Non-Pet)
-Kairos lvl300 petmaster Caitsith
-----------------
This resulted in a backlash from the PLD. "He saved u lot from dying by using his 2hour!" *eyeroll* **** please. I'm a mother-@#%^ing-DRAGOON. -Kellinda (Live Journal)
#60 Nov 11 2009 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
Guru
**
612 posts
Quote:
I really don't see any real down side with the damage reduction. if you're using an avatar for farming and you have favor up, then you're going to benefit from the decreased perpetuation cost more than you would from 15% more damage.

In situations where you actually do require the full damage of your pacts, you're focusing on doing damage which means you shouldn't be trying to be the buffer and the DD at the same time. Just don't use favor when you need full damage. The ability clearly supports two different roles or modes of play, so you need to switch back and forth, not try to do and use everything in one stance.


I mostly agree with this. Still iffy about the damage reduction but I can see why it is that way now.

This is SMN's new stance system, if we want to think of it like that. So, we have two stances:

Traditional mode: For the SMN who prefers the summon/BP/release method. Don't really have to worry about -perp, since you won't have your avatar out more than 30 seconds anyway. This is for the summoner who just focuses on warding, DDing, and spot curing here and there, resting in the meantime.

Favor mode: For the SMN who prefers to keep one avatar out as long as possible. Support and/or healing take the forefront and DDing takes a backseat. Get up whatever wards you need beforehand, and then pick an avatar/favor of the party's choice. With a decent -perp set plus the -2 from the ability, all your avatars should be either very low cost, free, or you should be getting MP back with them out. Also, there should be either a BRD and COR giving you another form of Refresh, and hopefully you're subbing SCH for Sublimation. Add Elemental Siphon on top of that and you shouldn't have any MP problems.

(Note that I'm listing all of this from a party perspective, mainly endgame levels.)

So, we effectively got a stance system of our very own this update. Is it welcome and worth it? Time will tell, but right now I say yes.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (25)