Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

BP Timer CapFollow

#1 Jul 26 2009 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
***
3,059 posts
For those that don't go/haven't been to Blue Gartr yet, on this thread in the third page someone found out that our BP timer caps. At 45.

Whoo. Credit to Darkrift, even if it sucks.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#2 Jul 26 2009 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
This makes me sad. =(

Well, I guess I won't worry so much about BP delay- on staff now. Maybe I'd still take one with it if it has good other stats.
#3 Jul 26 2009 at 10:38 PM Rating: Decent
Silent But Deadly
*****
19,999 posts
Ildon wrote:
This makes me sad. =(

Well, I guess I won't worry so much about BP delay- on staff now. Maybe I'd still take one with it if it has good other stats.
As they suggest in that thread:

Go ahead and take a staff with it - it frees up other slots for you to put interesting and/or useful things into rather than BP- gear.
____________________________
SUPER BANNED FOR FAILING TO POST 20K IN A TIMELY MANNER
#4 Jul 26 2009 at 11:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
Spellcast users use max -BP precast and the alternative armors midcast, so it frees up nothing to people with third party tools. Nice to see that people without them are getting a better shot at being good though.
#5 Jul 27 2009 at 1:35 AM Rating: Decent
Silent But Deadly
*****
19,999 posts
Mellowy wrote:
Spellcast users use max -BP precast and the alternative armors midcast, so it frees up nothing to people with third party tools.
Uh, what?

I was under the impression (and the wiki does nothing to help dispel this) that BPs operate like all other pet commands - they're JAs, not spells as such, and therefore there's no "midcast" to them.
____________________________
SUPER BANNED FOR FAILING TO POST 20K IN A TIMELY MANNER
#6 Jul 27 2009 at 3:10 AM Rating: Good
****
7,451 posts
MDenham wrote:
Mellowy wrote:
Spellcast users use max -BP precast and the alternative armors midcast, so it frees up nothing to people with third party tools.
Uh, what?

I was under the impression (and the wiki does nothing to help dispel this) that BPs operate like all other pet commands - they're JAs, not spells as such, and therefore there's no "midcast" to them.


Of course there's a midcast to Bloodpacts. How else have Summoners been able to macro in -BP first, and then +Smn. Skill between activation and animation?

They are job abilities, but not instantaneous like Provoke or Sneak Attack are.

And I'm not sure what Mellowy is commenting on, because Summoners have been taking advantage of the delay associated with activating and executing BPs long before Spellcast became prominent.
____________________________
Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
milich wrote:
Quote:
Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


Now THIS is PvP!

MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
#7 Jul 27 2009 at 4:19 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,059 posts
MDenham wrote:
Go ahead and take a staff with it - it frees up other slots for you to put interesting and/or useful things into rather than BP- gear.
Aside from people that don't have capped -BP pre-update, it doesn't actually free up anything.

I don't use Spellcast and for a long time I used the standard Macro 6 lines because there are workarounds, and I was always switching from full -BP gear to full Rage or Ward gear. There's enough of a delay that you have plenty of time to switch from -BP gear.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#8 Jul 27 2009 at 8:53 AM Rating: Default
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
Time yes, but I never had enough macro slots free to conveniently make it work.

I try and keep things simple. Else I just end up like on COR where I do Snake Eyes instead of cure 3 or light shot during stressful moments. Quite annoying to waste a 15 min JA on a wrong press because you are on the wrong macro palette.
#9 Jul 27 2009 at 1:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,059 posts
/equip <slot> <gear> x5
/macro set 2

/equip <slot> <gear> x5
/macro set 3

/equip <slot> <gear> x5
/macro set 1

Hit your macro 3 times in a row (not even a second's time), and you can swap 15 slots and be back on your starting macro bar. Now you can hit your BP on the next macro. For BP potency gear, it's the same deal.

Easiest workaround for the silly 6 line maximum. Almost all systems can handle all 3 macros in rapid fire.

There really isn't a fully valid reason (short of ohshi- panics) to not switch 7 or more pieces of gear in this game anymore.

I used that very method up until I used Windower to set up full gear changes in one txt file.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#10 Jul 28 2009 at 1:15 AM Rating: Decent
Silent But Deadly
*****
19,999 posts
Acturus wrote:
Of course there's a midcast to Bloodpacts. How else have Summoners been able to macro in -BP first, and then +Smn. Skill between activation and animation?
The answer is obviously "I didn't know that", mostly from lack of paying attention to SMNs (and/or lack of SMNs in parties).
____________________________
SUPER BANNED FOR FAILING TO POST 20K IN A TIMELY MANNER
#11 Jul 28 2009 at 3:57 AM Rating: Good
****
7,451 posts
MDenham wrote:
Acturus wrote:
Of course there's a midcast to Bloodpacts. How else have Summoners been able to macro in -BP first, and then +Smn. Skill between activation and animation?
The answer is obviously "I didn't know that", mostly from lack of paying attention to SMNs (and/or lack of SMNs in parties).


It's times like this that I wish I could post pictures on ZAM. I'd give you that "The More You Know" star and rainbow picture.

=)
____________________________
Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
milich wrote:
Quote:
Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


Now THIS is PvP!

MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
#12 Jul 28 2009 at 4:11 AM Rating: Good
I was curious about this, so; just to clarify...

The equipment needed to reach this cap is:

Head: Summoner's Horn/Summoner's Horn +1/Penance Hat (-3 BP)
Body: Yinyang Robe (-5 BP)
Hands: Summoner's Bracers/Summoner's Bracers +1 (-2 BP)
Legs: Summoner's Spats/Summoner's Spats +1 (-2 BP)
Feet: Summoner's Pigaches/Summoner's Pigaches +1 (-2 BP)

This brings you to a 46 second delay between Blood Pacts.

Assuming the cap is actually 45 seconds, your Fay Frozier should be at -1 BP timer or more to reach the 45 second cap Blood Pact timer cap.

You could also get more -BP on the Crozier and cap it, if you don't have some of the above pieces.
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Jul 28 2009 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,059 posts
Poubelle the Meaningless wrote:
You could also get more -BP on the Crozier and cap it, if you don't have some of the above pieces.
This is true. The largest benefit that the augment has now is for people that don't have all the current gear.

Eventually though, you'll still want the Relic/YYR for one reason or another, making the Crozier's BP Timer augment a lot less appealing as a final item.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#14 Jul 28 2009 at 1:14 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,346 posts
well I guess Bahamut's still retains its edge for me then.

I'll work towards an MAB build on the JSE but right now. JSE still amazingly good for those who don't have access to Bahamut's.
____________________________
[ffxisig]185131[/ffxisig]

Converse MP Calculations
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 40 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (40)