Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Ultimate SMN 75 equipment guide (discussion)!Follow

#27 Aug 16 2006 at 6:54 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,474 posts
I think you'll find that, uh.. NO IT DOESN'T.

You can get merits in Avatar Magical Attack, or you could use Dream Shroud and then run around with him out for a full minute so you can pop Nether Blast with a MAB+ Diabolos, which would be a colossal waste of MP, but wearing a Moldavite, Uggaleppih Pendant, etc. will not strengthen Nether Blast.

Edited, Aug 16th 2006 at 7:56am EDT by Negativepositiv
____________________________
Negativepositiv
75 SMN / 75 BLM / 75 THF / 75 NIN / 75 BRD / 75 MNK / 55 SAM / 48 DRK / 40 WHM / 37 WAR / 37 RDM
AF2: SMN=6/6(+1 horn), BLM=5/6, THF=5/6, NIN=5/6, BRD=5/6, MNK=3/6 Leather: 100 +3
Summoner: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?38516
Thief: TP http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174462 WS http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?129634
Black Mage: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140003
Ninja: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?169755
#28 Aug 16 2006 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,805 posts
Quote:
You can get merits in Avatar Magical Attack, or you could use Dream Shroud and then run around with him out for a full minute so you can pop Nether Blast with a MAB+ Diabolos, which would be a colossal waste of MP, but wearing a Moldavite, Uggaleppih Pendant, etc. will not strengthen Nether Blast.


Got to agree here, the only purpose of that is to mix it with astral pot for strickly shock value of a combination but the MP cost of it isn't worth it one bit.

Funny. S.E. debates they want us to keep our avatars out yet they've done nothing more for the perpet cost that's costly if you're spamming high MP cost pacts or just using one or two the perpet actually does something to you ; ;

To the O.P. about gear, wouldn't you get more HMP if you had Yigit Gear full set on? giving a good +8 HMP along with a 2nd boost to your auto refresh..kinda like having Errant and YY robe into one.

Something I've realized with all these posts is that these people have so many options for a single piece on the body. Head gear I see SMN Horn, Penance, Zenith+1, Farie.

Are these people actually able to keep up that max MP in rushing situations in endgame activities?? I don't see much to SMN horn to Penance..comparing Zenith and Faerie for the same MP but a resist silence and taking out some HP. I stick to..lol a strict set but that's just me. I got some of my HQ staves, AF2, +1 AF for Feet, I hear the legs aren't..worth it one bit. I'm working on Narshira Gages.
____________________________
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know anything in a Squeenix game can be considered common knowledge. :)
#29 Aug 16 2006 at 9:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
476 posts
Another peice of mildly overlooked gear for the neck is the Grandiose Chain.

Lv 60
All Jobs

HP+10
MP+10
hHP+2
hMP+2

Yes, it has less MP than Uggy pendant, and even the Star Necklace, but it offers us three of our most favorite stats. HP, MP, and hMP.

Suprozingly enough, it comes from the Ady. Subtertain Assault that we can basicly solo, provided we have two others to get us in.

It's a great 'universal' peice, and great 'resting macro' peice. WOuld get replaced in a 'Max MP build', however.



Edited, Aug 16th 2006 at 11:03am EDT by alauna
____________________________
Alauna
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?67138
== Odin ==
Rank 10 -=- San d'Oria
Rank 10 -=- Windurst

RDM75 : SMN75 : BLM75 : BRD75 : SCH75
WHM56 : BLU54 : NIN37 : DRK37 : PLD: 37
#30 Aug 16 2006 at 10:37 AM Rating: Default
*
57 posts
Um... we all are forgetting one little thing :P and that is the BAHAMUT's staff, also, I don't think that the HQs are very practical if the Bahamut's staff is basically all of them combined, and I don't think the Claustrum is debatable, I mean it gives you a BUNCH of mp cuz it's special ws is just basically a refresh (I hope you ALL knew that) also, the bahamut's staff is the astral signa +1, except you don't get any hp, but who cares, we're "paper dolls anyway" <especially if your like me, a taru :P>, but as mages we should always have dark +1 <pluto> and light +1 <I forgot :P> but that eliminates the HQ staffs and the astral signa. :D, so that is the thought of Areayea happy hunting
#31 Aug 16 2006 at 2:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,431 posts
Quote:
we should always have dark +1 <pluto> and light +1 <I forgot :P>


what does a smn need light+1 for o.O?

anyway, i say get all HQ staffs... when you get AF2 body, you find yourself using w/e avatar day of the week it is ^^

BAHAMUT's... only if SMN is your ONLY mage job ever "." no need if you ever plan to lv blm, rdm, ****, i'v even seen blu swap these out when doing magical attacks.
____________________________
75 SCH SMN BLM BLU 75
#32 Aug 16 2006 at 2:32 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,297 posts
Areayea wrote:
as mages we should always have dark +1 <pluto> and light +1 <I forgot :P>
And why should I care about light +1? It gives me no advantage at level 75 for either my BLM or SMN. I've been 7/8 HQs for like a year and a half, and I have no motivation to change that. Light +1 is for BST, WHMs that like banish, and possibly BRDs(?).

Edit : lol, beaten to the punch.

Edited, Aug 16th 2006 at 3:38pm EDT by Hakamaru
____________________________
Hakamaru of Kujata
75 BLM SMN NIN SAM BRD -- 452 Active Merits
LiveJournal -- DirectParse
#33 Aug 16 2006 at 3:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
44 posts
Quote:
And why should I care about light +1? It gives me no advantage at level 75 for either my BLM or SMN. I've been 7/8 HQs for like a year and a half, and I have no motivation to change that. Light +1 is for BST, WHMs that like banish, and possibly BRDs(?).


A soloing summoner would like an Apollo's staff because:

1. It has +5 Base Damage.
2. Extra Effect Light Damage is doubled.
3. Extra Effect Light Damage Occurs more often (From what I could tell).
4. And also a lower swing delay.

When a summoner is out fighting with Carbuncle the extra damage could help out. If you dont care for Summoner meleeing, well... then you dont need it.

Edit: 5. Oh, and for those who like to use light spirit, an additional -1 perpetuation.

Edited, Aug 16th 2006 at 4:39pm EDT by Brakius
____________________________
Brakius - Garuda
SMN75/WHM37
Elemental Avatars O
{Diabolos} O {Fenrir} O
{Carbuncle's Mitts} O
{sea} O {Sky} O
{Yinyang Robe} O
#34 Aug 16 2006 at 4:51 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,297 posts
Brakius wrote:
A soloing summoner would like an Apollo's staff because:

1. It has +5 Base Damage.
2. Extra Effect Light Damage is doubled.
3. Extra Effect Light Damage Occurs more often (From what I could tell).
4. And also a lower swing delay.

When a summoner is out fighting with Carbuncle the extra damage could help out. If you dont care for Summoner meleeing, well... then you dont need it.
A solo SMN with carbuncle can eat the 1 MP perpetuation cost and use a higher damage pole. The extra damage on Spirit Taker will make up for any MP lost from perpetuation. Honestly, I can melee harder than carby in most situations. With a Brutal Earring, Rajas ring, capped crits, Fenrir's Earring & attack food, I personally can't melee with carby and not expect to pull hate regularly. I would rather use low-cost Fenrir and just SA Spirit Taker my MP back for any situation that I would melee. Even if you care about melee, Apollo's staff is worthless in my eyes.

Brakius wrote:
Edit: 5. Oh, and for those who like to use light spirit, an additional -1 perpetuation.
I'll admit I didn't think of this, but it doesn't come close to changing my mind about needing one. I never use a Light Spirit in an MP-critical situation.

Hakamaru>> OMG Cure the tank light spirit!
*The light spirit begins casting Haste on Hakamaru.*
Hakamaru>> m(__)m
____________________________
Hakamaru of Kujata
75 BLM SMN NIN SAM BRD -- 452 Active Merits
LiveJournal -- DirectParse
#35 Aug 17 2006 at 3:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,169 posts
Areayea wrote:
Um... we all are forgetting one little thing :P and that is the BAHAMUT's staff, also, I don't think that the HQs are very practical if the Bahamut's staff is basically all of them combined, and I don't think the Claustrum is debatable, I mean it gives you a BUNCH of mp cuz it's special ws is just basically a refresh (I hope you ALL knew that) also, the bahamut's staff is the astral signa +1, except you don't get any hp, but who cares, we're "paper dolls anyway" <especially if your like me, a taru :P>, but as mages we should always have dark +1 <pluto> and light +1 <I forgot :P> but that eliminates the HQ staffs and the astral signa. :D, so that is the thought of Areayea happy hunting



You've got to get it to drop first and...after 15 runs, we've had one drop and ten billion Dragon Staffs.

And Claustrm is just lolz, but if you've got 800 million to blow and a LS who will die fighting Hydras and Weapons for you, go for it. It's still solo only, useless in EXP and wayyy useless on HNMS. Plus a lovely CHA modifter.
____________________________
75SMN/37WHM/-The Fallen Angels
#36 Aug 17 2006 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,805 posts
Quote:
Hakamaru>> OMG Cure the tank light spirit!
*The light spirit begins casting Haste on Hakamaru.*
Hakamaru>> m(__)m


lol. made me think of the time i was in sea. i ran back to start told them i was afk i came back they were all dying I had to use my blood pact on sleepga real quick and it stuck. Pulled out light spirit for hopeful Cure V or Curaga IV..DS+Curaga II..it's like the spirit turned to me people were in red and goes "This is what you get for keeping me away for so long....Regen."
____________________________
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know anything in a Squeenix game can be considered common knowledge. :)
#37 Aug 21 2006 at 1:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
735 posts
Updated some of the info as requested. SMN POWA forever! (even though SE shafts us)
#38 Aug 21 2006 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,007 posts
Quote:
lol. made me think of the time i was in sea. i ran back to start told them i was afk i came back they were all dying I had to use my blood pact on sleepga real quick and it stuck. Pulled out light spirit for hopeful Cure V or Curaga IV..DS+Curaga II..it's like the spirit turned to me people were in red and goes "This is what you get for keeping me away for so long....Regen."



This may have been due to your positioning. The light spirit is directional when it comes to who its target is and a spirit always faces the summoner until told otherwise. The best technique would have been to place the person with low HP between you and the spirit which will cause the person closest to it to be the target unless their health was high and they had all possible buffs already, in which case it goes for the next closest person. Usually standing on your own will make you the target 100% of the time. Another effective technique i used in KRT mnk party was to instruct any monk who wanted a cure to face it from across the enemy during battle so it could keep and eye on them and cast on them. That was before the A.I. changed early this year and i really should see if that still works.
____________________________
(I don't speak any Non-Pet)
-Kairos lvl300 petmaster Caitsith
-----------------
This resulted in a backlash from the PLD. "He saved u lot from dying by using his 2hour!" *eyeroll* *****, please. I'm a mother-@#%^ing-DRAGOON. -Kellinda (Live Journal)
#39 Apr 06 2007 at 12:54 PM Rating: Default
**
384 posts
Not only to revive a thread, but for casual soloing I've found Carbuncle's Pole to be absolutely clutch... it hits hard (for a SMN), and the "additional effect: Light damage" procs often (atleast 50%), is HEAVY light damage (on average, it gives around 60, and can go as high as 95~110, in addition to your normal attack that has a TP bonus on it).

Obviously, that's all it is- is a sweet melee stick for SMN. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, I guess it's a nice trophy too...

Edit: "casual" soloing. Obviously you won't be using it vs. snolls on the top of Uleg. Range.

Edited, Apr 6th 2007 4:56pm by GimmeAnFSharp
#40 Apr 06 2007 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,474 posts
You necro-bumped a thread for summoner melee? Holy frack that's annoying.
____________________________
Negativepositiv
75 SMN / 75 BLM / 75 THF / 75 NIN / 75 BRD / 75 MNK / 55 SAM / 48 DRK / 40 WHM / 37 WAR / 37 RDM
AF2: SMN=6/6(+1 horn), BLM=5/6, THF=5/6, NIN=5/6, BRD=5/6, MNK=3/6 Leather: 100 +3
Summoner: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?38516
Thief: TP http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174462 WS http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?129634
Black Mage: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140003
Ninja: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?169755
#41 Apr 06 2007 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
**
418 posts
I didn't even know there was a thread like this. I'm actually happy he necro~bumped it, negativepositive. While you might disagree with necro~ing, I'm happy it turned out this way. thank you whoever did this.

Edit: Although I do see where you are going about the Carbuncle's Pole.

Edited, Apr 6th 2007 6:47pm by SummonerFenrir
#42 Apr 06 2007 at 3:32 PM Rating: Default
***
1,233 posts
the top head is marduk crown, bigger mp boost that zenith/fairy with a big enough base MP, bigger +skill boost than penance/evokers. the only other piece that can be situationally better is summoner's+1. resting is volounteer's khud/ hydra beret

weapon wise, bahamut's staff > claustrum(situational) > HQ staves(practical), pluto staff is best for resting

body is situationally tied between YYR, summoner's +1, penance robe, and mahatma for resting


will continue as i research...
____________________________
smn 75: nirvana 4900/30000 alexandrite, 2/3 trophys, 51/101 assaults, 150/150 nyzul isle, 100/100 einherjar.
I had thought it was LttP>LA>LoZ>LoZ2>OoT>MM and then WW and TP were supposed to be like... alternate universes or something. Or it might not matter, because it's a ******* video game about a 4'5" elf saving an eternal cocktease.
#43 Apr 06 2007 at 10:40 PM Rating: Good
***
3,474 posts
Quote:
weapon wise, bahamut's staff > claustrum(situational) > HQ staves(practical), pluto staff is best for resting


Eh? The only thing Claustrum does is prove you have hundreds of millions of gil to burn. It is a MELEE weapon, offering no stats that directly benefit summoner (or BLM) in anything but a solo farming situation. Oh, gee, the weapon skill gives refresh? In a party, your refresh is covered by a BRD, COR or RDM, so get back on the back line and stop pretending you can hit something. :P

If anything, Claustrum is counterproductive for summoners, as they would save more MP by using +1 Elem staves than they could regain through a once-every-several-fights weapon skill that gives refresh, and saving that TP means not switching to Pluto's Staff to rest between fights, so there's an even greater stab against efficiency. Oh, and did I mention the modifier for Gate of Tartar Sauce is CHR?

Edited, Apr 7th 2007 2:43am by Negativepositiv
____________________________
Negativepositiv
75 SMN / 75 BLM / 75 THF / 75 NIN / 75 BRD / 75 MNK / 55 SAM / 48 DRK / 40 WHM / 37 WAR / 37 RDM
AF2: SMN=6/6(+1 horn), BLM=5/6, THF=5/6, NIN=5/6, BRD=5/6, MNK=3/6 Leather: 100 +3
Summoner: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?38516
Thief: TP http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174462 WS http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?129634
Black Mage: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140003
Ninja: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?169755
#44 Apr 07 2007 at 12:26 AM Rating: Decent
**
384 posts
Eh, it's not as dead as you think... it's in the Summoner guide section.
#45 Apr 07 2007 at 5:53 AM Rating: Default
***
1,233 posts
Quote:
Eh? The only thing Claustrum does is prove you have hundreds of millions of gil to burn. It is a MELEE weapon, offering no stats that directly benefit summoner (or BLM) in anything but a solo farming situation. Oh, gee, the weapon skill gives refresh? In a party, your refresh is covered by a BRD, COR or RDM, so get back on the back line and stop pretending you can hit something. :P

If anything, Claustrum is counterproductive for summoners, as they would save more MP by using +1 Elem staves than they could regain through a once-every-several-fights weapon skill that gives refresh, and saving that TP means not switching to Pluto's Staff to rest between fights, so there's an even greater stab against efficiency. Oh, and did I mention the modifier for Gate of Tartar Sauce is CHR?


np, shut the **** up, you are getting worse than CM. i'm not getting into the **** "lol smn melee" argument, i was stating my opinion, which is, that a staff that can provide a big amount of refresh is SITUATIONALLY BETTER than hq elemental staves. personally claustrum would have been better than even bahamut's staff, were it not for the +5 smn skill on it.

your also forgetting that hefty +20 acc and "occasionally does 2.5x damage" hidden effect, as well as the notion that it's DPS beats out such weapons as ridill, algol, Juggernaut etc...
____________________________
smn 75: nirvana 4900/30000 alexandrite, 2/3 trophys, 51/101 assaults, 150/150 nyzul isle, 100/100 einherjar.
I had thought it was LttP>LA>LoZ>LoZ2>OoT>MM and then WW and TP were supposed to be like... alternate universes or something. Or it might not matter, because it's a ******* video game about a 4'5" elf saving an eternal cocktease.
#46 Apr 07 2007 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
**
512 posts
Quote:
your also forgetting that hefty +20 acc and "occasionally does 2.5x damage" hidden effect, as well as the notion that it's DPS beats out such weapons as ridill, algol, Juggernaut etc...


Thanks for making me spit out my morning coffee. XD funniest thing I've heard in awhile.

If you think the lolclaustrum beats out anything for melee your very very very very very very very very wrong. And you might want to go over to BG and do a bit of research into how much refresh it gives you, because it could be a pitiful amount.

The Ridill attacks 2-3 times, and actually has a useful weaponskill you can use with it. Only people that can beat (or come close to) these guys when they're well geared are BB monks, and well geared relic thiefs.

Man-eater and Juggy, both have the power to punch through tough HNMs.

Destroyers, when unlocked make Monks one of the best melee around.

Algol? Why not compare it to the Subduer, which has the best DPS or Gswords other than the Relic.


Now lets compare the lolclaustrum to the actual useful relics.

Aegis, Has an ungodly proc rate and has a large amount of damage reduction.

Gjallarhorn makes it so bards only have to carry around one instrument, and makes their refresh give 2 more MP (which I though you guys would want if you wanted refresh)

Mandau has the best DPS of any single hitting weapon in the game. +20 attack is also another nice benefit along with the poison

Bravura would be nice if warriors used Great Axes anymore.


Basically if your seeing what I'm trying to get at here is that the Claustrum is a waste of money. Considering there are better cheaper options.
____________________________
Tira - 63 Dark Knight / 31 Warrior Lakshmi
Current Setup

lolrockboy
#47 Apr 07 2007 at 8:03 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,474 posts
Quote:
your also forgetting that hefty +20 acc and "occasionally does 2.5x damage" hidden effect, as well as the notion that it's DPS beats out such weapons as ridill, algol, Juggernaut etc...


Uhhh.... sure it could.... IF A WAR COULD EQUIP IT. +20 acc will help a LITTLE. Try hitting an HNM with it. It still has crappy delay, and summoner and BLM still have crappy DEX and STR. The weapon alone will not change this. Just because a weapon's damage rating is higher, doesn't mean that IN THE HANDS OF A SUMMONER you will be outdamaging a frikkin WAR who is using a frikkin RIDILL.

Please insert another quarter and try again.
____________________________
Negativepositiv
75 SMN / 75 BLM / 75 THF / 75 NIN / 75 BRD / 75 MNK / 55 SAM / 48 DRK / 40 WHM / 37 WAR / 37 RDM
AF2: SMN=6/6(+1 horn), BLM=5/6, THF=5/6, NIN=5/6, BRD=5/6, MNK=3/6 Leather: 100 +3
Summoner: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?38516
Thief: TP http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174462 WS http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?129634
Black Mage: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140003
Ninja: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?169755
#48 Apr 07 2007 at 8:18 AM Rating: Default
***
2,807 posts
frodnonnag wrote:
Quote:
Eh? The only thing Claustrum does is prove you have hundreds of millions of gil to burn. It is a MELEE weapon, offering no stats that directly benefit summoner (or BLM) in anything but a solo farming situation. Oh, gee, the weapon skill gives refresh? In a party, your refresh is covered by a BRD, COR or RDM, so get back on the back line and stop pretending you can hit something. :P

If anything, Claustrum is counterproductive for summoners, as they would save more MP by using +1 Elem staves than they could regain through a once-every-several-fights weapon skill that gives refresh, and saving that TP means not switching to Pluto's Staff to rest between fights, so there's an even greater stab against efficiency. Oh, and did I mention the modifier for Gate of Tartar Sauce is CHR?


np, shut the **** up, you are getting worse than CM. i'm not getting into the **** "lol smn melee" argument, i was stating my opinion, which is, that a staff that can provide a big amount of refresh is SITUATIONALLY BETTER than hq elemental staves. personally claustrum would have been better than even bahamut's staff, were it not for the +5 smn skill on it.

your also forgetting that hefty +20 acc and "occasionally does 2.5x damage" hidden effect, as well as the notion that it's DPS beats out such weapons as ridill, algol, Juggernaut etc...

Getting? Ah well, it's a start.

Let me add some fuel to the fire. How about SMN or BLM becoming the dispeller without using a single mp while silenced, etc? That's pretty snazzy.

And as for needing MND and CHR for the WS, Goliard happens to be a perfect match.
____________________________
90 Fishing
100 Leathercraft

266 staff

TP gear:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?167956

ST gear:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180677

(Ninja) forum (Do you need it?):
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=12
#49 Apr 07 2007 at 9:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,169 posts
Craftermath wrote:
frodnonnag wrote:
Quote:
Eh? The only thing Claustrum does is prove you have hundreds of millions of gil to burn. It is a MELEE weapon, offering no stats that directly benefit summoner (or BLM) in anything but a solo farming situation. Oh, gee, the weapon skill gives refresh? In a party, your refresh is covered by a BRD, COR or RDM, so get back on the back line and stop pretending you can hit something. :P

If anything, Claustrum is counterproductive for summoners, as they would save more MP by using +1 Elem staves than they could regain through a once-every-several-fights weapon skill that gives refresh, and saving that TP means not switching to Pluto's Staff to rest between fights, so there's an even greater stab against efficiency. Oh, and did I mention the modifier for Gate of Tartar Sauce is CHR?


np, shut the **** up, you are getting worse than CM. i'm not getting into the **** "lol smn melee" argument, i was stating my opinion, which is, that a staff that can provide a big amount of refresh is SITUATIONALLY BETTER than hq elemental staves. personally claustrum would have been better than even bahamut's staff, were it not for the +5 smn skill on it.

your also forgetting that hefty +20 acc and "occasionally does 2.5x damage" hidden effect, as well as the notion that it's DPS beats out such weapons as ridill, algol, Juggernaut etc...

Getting? Ah well, it's a start.

Let me add some fuel to the fire. How about SMN or BLM becoming the dispeller without using a single mp while silenced, etc? That's pretty snazzy.

And as for needing MND and CHR for the WS, Goliard happens to be a perfect match.


I don't know why you've picked up on Goliard armor as if it's going to make lolClaustrum suck any less or you have any hope of getting a lolClausturm with your fabled 100 Woodworking and lol80fishing anywhere within the next two years.
I lol at the idea you even have Goliard to start with.

Also note the best part of Claustrum is the Refresh effect only activates after you use the relic weapon skill and it is derectly related to the TP you have on hand. The only way your going to get more MP back then you would if you used Spirit Taker is to have 200TP or more. It's not even a good soloing weapon for godsakes unless your farming on dark day, in dark weather with Summoners Horn+1 and Summoner's Doublet+1. Of course CM, who doesn't really understand how the job works and always magicaly gets ahold of the rarest gear whenever it suits his debate has no issues. I can't -wait- for the fake Cluastrum parses in a few months, the boys from BG who have parsed it are gonna eat you -alive-

Edited, Apr 7th 2007 1:22pm by Sixtail
____________________________
75SMN/37WHM/-The Fallen Angels
#50 Apr 07 2007 at 12:17 PM Rating: Default
***
2,807 posts
Sixtail wrote:

I don't know why you've picked up on Goliard armor as if it's going to make lolClaustrum suck any less or you have any hope of getting a lolClausturm with your fabled 100 Woodworking and lol80fishing anywhere within the next two years.
I lol at the idea you even have Goliard to start with.

Also note the best part of Claustrum is the Refresh effect only activates after you use the relic weapon skill and it is derectly related to the TP you have on hand. The only way your going to get more MP back then you would if you used Spirit Taker is to have 200TP or more. It's not even a good soloing weapon for godsakes unless your farming on dark day, in dark weather with Summoners Horn+1 and Summoner's Doublet+1. Of course CM, who doesn't really understand how the job works and always magicaly gets ahold of the rarest gear whenever it suits his debate has no issues. I can't -wait- for the fake Cluastrum parses in a few months, the boys from BG who have parsed it are gonna eat you -alive-

Did I say I had Goliard dumbass? Maybe you could take a refresher reading course and point out where I said I even had 100 woodworking? You are the failure of the public education system.

Did BG parse melee SMN? You've certainly been too retarded to come up with one link to support your incompetence. Maybe if you lie enough, someone will believe you.
____________________________
90 Fishing
100 Leathercraft

266 staff

TP gear:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?167956

ST gear:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180677

(Ninja) forum (Do you need it?):
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=12
#51 Apr 07 2007 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,474 posts
Did BG parse melee SMN? Probably not. They probably also didn't parse BLM tanking. Why? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T F'N DO IT.

Seriously, if the only support you have for your arguments is gear that one in 3000+ people could even get, stick a **** cork in it. Have I ever even seen a Claustrum? NO. Have you? NO. Have I ever even seen anyone wearing Goliard? NO. Have you? NO. YOU HAVEN'T, so S-H-U-T U-P.
____________________________
Negativepositiv
75 SMN / 75 BLM / 75 THF / 75 NIN / 75 BRD / 75 MNK / 55 SAM / 48 DRK / 40 WHM / 37 WAR / 37 RDM
AF2: SMN=6/6(+1 horn), BLM=5/6, THF=5/6, NIN=5/6, BRD=5/6, MNK=3/6 Leather: 100 +3
Summoner: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?38516
Thief: TP http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174462 WS http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?129634
Black Mage: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140003
Ninja: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?169755
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)