Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The official "rate my gear" threadFollow

#427 Dec 10 2008 at 7:33 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I wouldn't use them on WS. I've been using on jumps though because with that extra 2 TP I have a 6-hit on occasion. Wouldn't need to do that solo or if you think you'll get hit from pulling hate. It's a little dicey, and I haven't gone over the math of which is better over time.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#428 Dec 12 2008 at 6:03 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Thanks so much for the info!
It's good to know that I wasn't too far off with what I was doing XD

I do only have one Assault Earring, I don't know why I thought I had 2 lol.
I got my Tabin +1's, and bought Feral because I've been looking at my male Hume legs since lvl 25, and I'm over it lol.

I've recently realized that If I wanna do DRG justice, I'mma have to get another job to 75 so I can do some of the high end stuff required to get the best of the best (I truly love DRG, have since Kain in FF2(or 4, depending where you are from) lol)
So I've been working on MNK, cause it's simple enough, and pretty powerful.
What can I say?
I like to hit stuff XD

So again, ty for the advice!
I will be posting my questions and progress as I go!

Name: Nothing
Server: Asura
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 5
#429 Dec 12 2008 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
NothingWay wrote:
I've recently realized that If I wanna do DRG justice, I'mma have to get another job to 75 so I can do some of the high end stuff required to get the best of the best


Why?

NothingWay wrote:
So I've been working on MNK, cause it's simple enough, and pretty powerful.
What can I say?
I like to hit stuff


Eh, whatever works for you I guess.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#430 Dec 20 2008 at 4:18 AM Rating: Default
8 posts
lol,
To answer your question,
I like to be able to lvl into stuff at the earliest possible lvl. Call it being over prepared, it just makes me feel good lol.
BUT.

After thinking bout it, I realized that lvl'ing another job just to get a few items I'll be able to get when DRG hits 75 is just silly. I love the job, but I don't HAVE to have and Assault Jerkin 67, I just WANT to.

So, it's back to the ol' purple armored grind.


a side note.

Tonight, myself, my gf, and an LS mate attempted Under Observation BCNM40 with a sorta unorthodox setup, we went RDM/BLM, NIN/WHM, and DRG/NIN. I had never heard of it working with a DRG in pt, so I was skeptical.

After 6 tries, I walked out with a shiny new Peacock Charm.

So, my DRG is just a little closer to having everything I can give him XD.

I had a good night.
#431 Dec 20 2008 at 4:45 AM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
TP / WS
Main: Thalassocrat
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Smart Grenade
Head: Walahra Turban / Wyvern
Body: Zahaks
Hands: Dusk / Heca
Legs: Barone
Feet: Aurum / Heca
Neck: Chiv. chain
Waist: Life / Warwolf
Ears: Assault & fowling
Rings: Woodsman x2
Should I get askar body, sell my zahaks, and upgrade to PCC, potent, tiphia, toreadors etc? No sea access, and swift just doesn't want to drop for me. Work towards wyrm belt instead?

Edited, Dec 20th 2008 8:07am by Hyakushikii
____________________________
Kerberoz, how about you stop the harrassing PMs, stop searching for and rating down all of my posts, and kill yourself? kthx! :)
#432 Dec 20 2008 at 5:56 AM Rating: Good
*
138 posts
Hyakushikii wrote:
TP / WS
Main: Thalassocrat
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Smart Grenade
Head: Walahra Turban / Wyvern
Body: Zahaks
Hands: Dusk / Heca
Legs: Barone
Feet: Aurum / Heca
Neck: Chiv. chain
Waist: Life / Warwolf
Ears: Assault & fowling
Rings: Woodsman x2
Should I get askar body, sell my zahaks, and upgrade to PCC, potent, tiphia, toreadors etc? No sea access, and swift just doesn't want to drop for me. Work towards wyrm belt instead?


Zahak's is much, much better than Askar. It's probably better than Heca too if you're using Drakesbane, but by a closer margin. Since I am using Drakesbane, I'd proabably hold on to it and never let it go.

On the other hand, Zahak's is not likely to stay as expensive as it is so the PCC + extra gil tradeoff might be worth it for your situation, but probably not unless you have Heca to fall back on. Definitely keep spamming Swift Belt runs regardless of how frustrating it is, and take a shot at the Toreador Ring Solo strategy (1, 2) rather than shelling out the gil for it yourself.

Potent/Tiphia are not really upgrades at this point either so count those out. Wyrm Belt is great, and supposedly easier to come by these days, so I'd just wait for that to drop.

Edited, Dec 25th 2008 9:20pm by MoguePhoenix
____________________________
gear, jobs and crafts
#433 Dec 21 2008 at 7:12 PM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
Thanks for the feedback! I'll deffinately hang onto zahaks now.
Another thing I'm wondering: I know drakes has a 50% str mod, but current ws setup puts me at roughly 90 dex (have to check later). Would it be worth it to swap in some dex gear for ws? Say, swapping acc rings for dex? Would the small hit to acc for the chance at higher crit tier be worth it? Or maybe swap in ohat, letting me use str rings?
____________________________
Kerberoz, how about you stop the harrassing PMs, stop searching for and rating down all of my posts, and kill yourself? kthx! :)
#434 Dec 26 2008 at 12:01 AM Rating: Decent
34 posts
Ok I just recently hit lvl 70 and still need to beat maat which I hope to do soon. I'm not to worried about that part. I just don't want to have gimp gear on my way to lvl 75. Keep in mind I'm not apart of any End Game LS as of yet. So mostly I will only be doing exp. partys. So here is my gear so far. Please give some suggestions

Weapon: Grand Knights Lance
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Tiphia Sting
Head: Walkure's Mask
Neck: Chiv Chain
Ear: Assault Earring
Ear: Spike Earring
Body: Scorpion Harness
Hand: Spike Finger Gauntlets
Finger: Woodsman Ring
Finger: Woodsman Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle +1
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Barone Cosciales
Feet: Leaping Boots

I was thinking about upgrading my weapon, feet, maybe hands and finger slot with some str rings. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

#435 Dec 26 2008 at 7:00 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
Weapon: Grand Knights Lance - Upgrade to Colossal Lance
Sub: Pole Grip - Never get rid of this
Ammo: Tiphia Sting - Fine but look into getting a Smart Grenade. It's quested and has a hidden 4ATK while wearing it.
Head: Walkure's Mask - Try to get an Optical Hat. The mask is fine though for now. There are more head choices at 75.
Neck: Chiv Chain - Good
Ear: Assault Earring - Good
Ear: Spike Earring - Fowling is pretty good. 1str, 3 acc, Bird Killer Trait.
Body: Scorpion Harness - Fine but work on getting an Assault Jerkin. It's a horrible camp and will make you want to take a life at times but it's worth it.
Hand: Spike Finger Gauntlets - Can sell these for Tarasque Mitts. +1 version is better but if you don't have the cash then get the NQ ones. SFG are usually way more than the NQ Tarasque Mitts so you'll be getting some money back while not hurting your performance.
Finger: Woodsman Ring - Good
Finger: Woodsman Ring - Good
Back: Amemet Mantle +1 - Good
Waist: Life Belt - I would keep the life belt until you can get a Swift Belt. Potent is nice but the difference between the two are very small, unlike their price. You could do assault for a Potent but again, very small difference between the two. I still use a life belt to TP in until I get a swift belt to ******* drop ><.
Legs: Barone Cosciales - Good
Feet: Leaping Boots - Tabin Boots +1

Your gear is pretty solid, just need a few upgrades. As for STR rings, I wouldn't use them for Penta until you had some polearm merits.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]388578[/ffxivsig]
#436 Dec 26 2008 at 2:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
Maxom wrote:
Ammo: Tiphia Sting - Fine but look into getting a Smart Grenade. It's quested and has a hidden 4ATK while wearing it.
actually, Tiphia's better than Smart Grenade any day of the week, and it's easily verifiable.

Lowballing it with the Attack a little because I simply cannot be bothered to do a pDIF calculation at this hour, and taking Bsphil's standard "Attack 400, 85% hit rate" parameters (I think they're his), Tiphia Sting's Accuracy boost alone does more than the Attack from Smart Grenade - if you wanted to, you could compare the effects of Acc+2 with those of Attack+2 instead, but I was simply too lazy to **** around with differences and so I did the calculation with the equipment's stats as they are.

Ignoring the HP and Evasion, because HP-25 is a drop in a bucket unless you're a Taru, and because Evasion-4 is meaningless to a job that's already at the Evasion floor even with capped skill, it's fairly easy to see that Smart Grenade is an optional downgrade, UNLESS he's soloing or in some other situation where the HP loss would have some inordinately detrimental effect.

the rest is pretty spot-on, with the sole exception that Life Belt is better thanSwift Belt if Swift's your only source of Haste.

Edited, Dec 26th 2008 5:13pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#437 Dec 26 2008 at 6:04 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Maxom wrote:
Ammo: Tiphia Sting - Fine but look into getting a Smart Grenade. It's quested and has a hidden 4ATK while wearing it.
actually, Tiphia's better than Smart Grenade any day of the week, and it's easily verifiable.

Lowballing it with the Attack a little because I simply cannot be bothered to do a pDIF calculation at this hour, and taking Bsphil's standard "Attack 400, 85% hit rate" parameters (I think they're his), Tiphia Sting's Accuracy boost alone does more than the Attack from Smart Grenade - if you wanted to, you could compare the effects of Acc+2 with those of Attack+2 instead, but I was simply too lazy to **** around with differences and so I did the calculation with the equipment's stats as they are.

Ignoring the HP and Evasion, because HP-25 is a drop in a bucket unless you're a Taru, and because Evasion-4 is meaningless to a job that's already at the Evasion floor even with capped skill, it's fairly easy to see that Smart Grenade is an optional downgrade, UNLESS he's soloing or in some other situation where the HP loss would have some inordinately detrimental effect.

the rest is pretty spot-on, with the sole exception that Life Belt is better thanSwift Belt if Swift's your only source of Haste.

Edited, Dec 26th 2008 5:13pm by Lucinus


Pretty much covers it. Hit rate+1% gives at least a 1% DoT increase if you aren't capped on accuracy. For Smart Grenade to be better than tiphia sting, you need to basically be at kirin with <500 TOTAL attack and no Dia/angon effects on, or something to that effect. 327 -> 329 attack on level 82 greater colibri isn't even quite a 1% DoT increase, so even with attack THAT low, the accuracy is more potent.

Concerning the HP-, I swap in angons for HB trigger to raise it by 12-13 HP. Been working fine for me.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#438 Dec 27 2008 at 1:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
bsphil wrote:
Concerning the HP-, I swap in angons for HB trigger to raise it by 12-13 HP. Been working fine for me.
Be that as it may, Tiphia Sting's available a lot earlier than Angons (I myself only managed to get the merit points for Angon a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I'm slow)
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#439 Dec 27 2008 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Lucinus wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Concerning the HP-, I swap in angons for HB trigger to raise it by 12-13 HP. Been working fine for me.
Be that as it may, Tiphia Sting's available a lot earlier than Angons (I myself only managed to get the merit points for Angon a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I'm slow)
You could also just swap in nothing, but for some reason I have problems using <ammo>remove</ammo> in spellcast sometimes. Besides, I never bothered with soloing much before I got my wyrm armet.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#440 Dec 27 2008 at 3:44 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,580 posts
Quote:
You could do assault for a Potent but again, very small difference between the two.

Sorry to **** in, but just a pet peeve of mine here.

"Life belt is cheaper, but you can just do assault and get potent" or any other similar comparison with two AH pieces, one of which is obtainable through something like assault or IS/CP/AN purchases, is stupid.

Yes, you haven't spent 100k of your gil on a potent belt, but if you get one through assault and then use it, you're still wasting 100k that you could have if you sold it.

Basically, if your choice is:
A) Get Life Belt
B) do assault for Potent Belt
Then the answer is actually:
C) do assault and sell potent belt, then buy life belt.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#441 Dec 28 2008 at 12:53 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
NoodlesCCCLV wrote:
Quote:
You could do assault for a Potent but again, very small difference between the two.

Sorry to **** in, but just a pet peeve of mine here.

"Life belt is cheaper, but you can just do assault and get potent" or any other similar comparison with two AH pieces, one of which is obtainable through something like assault or IS/CP/AN purchases, is stupid.

Yes, you haven't spent 100k of your gil on a potent belt, but if you get one through assault and then use it, you're still wasting 100k that you could have if you sold it.

Basically, if your choice is:
A) Get Life Belt
B) do assault for Potent Belt
Then the answer is actually:
C) do assault and sell potent belt, then buy life belt.
This, basically. Life Belt is cheaper and is better for your DoT.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#442 Jan 06 2009 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
258 posts
Ok, Drg61. Tarutaru.

Polearm: Dark Merz
Grip: Pole Grip
Ammo: Smart Grenade
Head: Walkure
Neck: Chiv
Body: SH
Hands: Spiked WS: (penta) Battle/Jaridah gloves (others) Pallas
Waist: Potent
Legs: Herder's Subligar (Pet Acc+)
Feet: Leaping Lizzy Jumps: Af
Earrings: Spikedx2 (Minuet Earring incase there's a Bard.)
Ring1: Ulthalam's
Ring2: Woodsmen


At 62 I'm thinking to swap out the Leaping Lizzies for my RSE boots, being Taru i'm hoping that'll help more.

I have plenty of gear already set aside for drg. Barone pants, Hydra Mail, Dusk gloves, afv2 gloves and pants already, Ohat, Walmart turban, askar gloves. Have Coral earringsx2. Don't see the need for Assault at it's current price.

Currently have Life belt too and swift. I don't use my swift tho till i can use other haste gear. Prefer Potent over life since I'm Taru.

Thinking all i need for the rest of my Drg days is a Colassal lance, then Thalassocrat... And a saurian helm. Maybe a Fowling earring too. Have a nyzul static for armor there, but askar drops go to the static melees 1st since I'm rdm75.
____________________________
Lptaru~
I am not Linkin Parktaru... I'm just Lp.
And, I happen to be a taru.
#443 Jan 06 2009 at 4:27 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Daythos wrote:
Hands: Spiked WS: (penta) Battle/Jaridah gloves (others) Pallas
Why not just keep spiked on for WS too?

Daythos wrote:
Legs: Herder's Subligar (Pet Acc+)
Feet: Leaping Lizzy Jumps: Af
Wyverns make up such a small percentage of a DRG's total damage that I can't really recommend using Herder's for anything. AF feet only work on Jump, not High Jump.

Daythos wrote:
Prefer Potent over life since I'm Taru.
There's little difference between life and potent for 2h weapons. Race means nothing.



Edited, Jan 6th 2009 6:33pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#444 Jan 06 2009 at 5:36 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
I finally hit level 75 a few weeks ago and desperately need help with some things.

I am having a lot of problems making gear choices all the different stats really confuse me.

Main: Thalassocrat
Grip: Pole Grip
Ammo: Angon
Head: Wyvern Helm, Optical Hat, Walahra Turban, Drachen Armet (for when I sub Blu)
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earrings: 2X Spike Earrings
Body: Assault Jerkin
Hands: Spiked Finger Gauntlets
Rings: Echphoria / Snipers
Back: Amemet mantle +1
Belt: Potent Belt, Sword Belt
Legs: Wyrm Brais, Barone cosciales
Feet: Feral Ledelsons

So there is all my gear the main problems I am having is what do I wear on my head for what circumstances. Should I be macroing something in for different situations. As well as my belt should I be going with the potent for accuracy or the sword for attack. I also have been looking high and low for something to replace my foot piece. So mainly are there any pieces of gear I can ditch completely and also are there some that I should be picking up? I have been told to camp an NM in Upper Delfukts tower for Alkyoes Bracelets or something, are these a worth while thing to have?

Also some people are telling me to get STR gear while others are telling me to get attack gear which should I be getting? I thought that each STR+ is equal to 0.75 attack up so it would make sense to go just straight for attack gear. Am I missing something here?

Also if it makes any difference I am galka
#445 Jan 06 2009 at 10:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
258 posts
bsphil wrote:
Daythos wrote:
Hands: Spiked WS: (penta) Battle/Jaridah gloves (others) Pallas
Why not just keep spiked on for WS too?

Daythos wrote:
Prefer Potent over life since I'm Taru.
There's little difference between life and potent for 2h weapons. Race means nothing.


Battle/Jaridah because I've noticed Penta whiffing alil too often.

And as for race meaning nothing then why was a elvaan drg with similar gear, and a Hume with far gimpier gear doing more dmg then me? Same level do to sync, same subs.

And the reason for the herder's was because I HATE republics on taru. >,>


Edited, Jan 7th 2009 1:12am by Daythos
____________________________
Lptaru~
I am not Linkin Parktaru... I'm just Lp.
And, I happen to be a taru.
#446 Jan 06 2009 at 10:45 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,567 posts
Daythos wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Daythos wrote:
Hands: Spiked WS: (penta) Battle/Jaridah gloves (others) Pallas
Why not just keep spiked on for WS too?

Daythos wrote:
Prefer Potent over life since I'm Taru.
There's little difference between life and potent for 2h weapons. Race means nothing.


Battle/Jaridah because I've noticed Penta whiffing alil too often.

And as for race meaning nothing then why was a elvaan drg with similar gear, and a Hume with far gimpier gear doing more dmg then me? Same level do to sync, same subs.

And the reason for the herder's was because I HATE republics on taru. >,>


We can't exactly explain why you'd be doing less, there's alot of things that go into damage dealing. When you say they're doing more damage, do you mean in parse, or eyeballing? If the latter, then don't trust it. Anyway, back on variances, it could be alot of things. Playstyle dictates alot of how well you do: How fast you are at gear swaps, WS every 100%, ride Jump/High jump etc. Food of course as well. I've outparsed people better equipped than me because of simple things like not using food at colibri and sitting on TP.

You also seem like you think STR does more than it really does. Every 4 STR above enemy vit, your weapon damage raises by 1. The max damage that can provide on a swing is probably 4 damage on a crit(it's actually 3.15, but in rare occasions that can be 4). 3 STR on a belt piece may be giving you a small increase, which is about the same as the increase life belt's 2 acc gives you. You shouldn't really concentrate on stats like STR and DEX and instead concentrate on ACC/ATK. If you manage to have a piece that has a larger amount of STR increase than you can get ATK/ACC without any detriments, then of course it's good to wear it. However, pieces like that are rare.

On to the gear suggestions:
Feet: Tabin Boots +1, 3 Acc in my opinion would do better than 4 STR, but it's probably close. RSE should be good jumping boots though, I'd honestly use it over AF.
Ranged: Tiphia Sting: another close one, but 2 ACC>2 ATK
____________________________
Chatokun 90DRG | 75RDM | 82BRD | 90THF | 90NIN | 75SAM | 90BLU
Valefor Server
Linkshell: Heresy
#447 Jan 07 2009 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
*
192 posts
frecky, im sure youve noticed there there arent many feet options for drg. but i would recommend tabin boots+1 if youre looking for something on the AH. If you do assaults, you can go for the better option of Amir Boots. and better yet, if you get into ZNMs, you can go for Aurum Sabatons.

for earrings, you should pickup an assault earring, which gives 5 atk and 2 acc.

as for your head, i would macro optical for penta, and wyvern for wheeling. turban would be for tp use only, due to its haste and lack of any other useful stats.

as for the belt, i'd prefer a life/warwolf combo, if you dont have a haste belt like the swift belt. as bsphil said in the post above yours, the diff between life/potent is very tiny...but except for the price! you could sell the potent and buy life belt, and use that gil to upgrade something more important.
____________________________
FFXIV
Aeneas Owen / Trabia / Ul'dah / 18+ LNC
FFXI
Aeneas / Leviathan / Bastok / 75 DRG, WAR
#448 Jan 07 2009 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Daythos wrote:
Battle/Jaridah because I've noticed Penta whiffing alil too often.
Be very weary of what you're eyeballing. Multi-hit WSs by law of probabilities will tend to seem inaccurate. With an 80% hit rate, you only get a 5-hit penta 32% of the time. WS damage varies a lot, that just happens. However, adding attack+12 will in most all cases perform better than accuracy+3, because it's adding more DoT to each landed hit than adding another 1.5% hit rate would do.

Daythos wrote:
And as for race meaning nothing then why was a elvaan drg with similar gear, and a Hume with far gimpier gear doing more dmg then me? Same level do to sync, same subs.
Merits, skill being capped or not, and eyeballing all contributes towards skewed results. Download kparser, track the other DRG's exact gear and ask him for all of his merits and what his polearm skill is at, run the parse, and THEN post the results. I don't buy that argument in the slightest.

Souji wrote:
RSE should be good jumping boots though, I'd honestly use it over AF.
That depends on the validity of the statement from that JP book someone posted on BG saying that AF feet added attack+10% to jump. Been meaning to look into that myself, got a few test results too, but got busy and never finished that up. Now I've got more merits and my gear has changed around anyway, so I gotta start over.

Edited, Jan 7th 2009 3:53pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#449 Jan 07 2009 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
258 posts
bsphil wrote:

Daythos wrote:
And as for race meaning nothing then why was a elvaan drg with similar gear, and a Hume with far gimpier gear doing more dmg then me? Same level do to sync, same subs.
Merits, skill being capped or not, and eyeballing all contributes towards skewed results. Download kparser, track the other DRG's exact gear and ask him for all of his merits and what his polearm skill is at, run the parse, and THEN post the results. I don't buy that argument in the slightest.


Ps2 Limitations is all I can say. But, by eyeballing it i was doing 10 dmg less each hit, and 200-300 less dmg on pentas with the whiffs. Depressed me so much i turned those filters on. >,>


I know i've got good gear... just can't seem to see why I'm doing that much
less.

____________________________
Lptaru~
I am not Linkin Parktaru... I'm just Lp.
And, I happen to be a taru.
#450 Jan 07 2009 at 6:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Daythos wrote:
bsphil wrote:

Daythos wrote:
And as for race meaning nothing then why was a elvaan drg with similar gear, and a Hume with far gimpier gear doing more dmg then me? Same level do to sync, same subs.
Merits, skill being capped or not, and eyeballing all contributes towards skewed results. Download kparser, track the other DRG's exact gear and ask him for all of his merits and what his polearm skill is at, run the parse, and THEN post the results. I don't buy that argument in the slightest.


Ps2 Limitations is all I can say. But, by eyeballing it i was doing 10 dmg less each hit, and 200-300 less dmg on pentas with the whiffs. Depressed me so much i turned those filters on. >,>

I know i've got good gear... just can't seem to see why I'm doing that much
less.


No, by eyeballing you didn't actually know how much damage any of you were doing. Ask your party next time if someone can run a parser.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#451 Jan 09 2009 at 11:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
258 posts
I think my drg is bassackwards...

Picked up some Tabin boots+1 and an Assault Earring since my Penta acc depressed me... Finally got a pt, headed to Puks, Drg/sam. Without bard my pentas were doing about 158 average. Sync'd 60. Then Sync 61, with Bard pentas barely hit 200+ -IF- i was lucky.

Now... Finally learn Skewer, **** level sync... 1st Skewer... 485 dmg.

I consistantly did more dmg with Skewer then with Penta with Acc and Atk songs. Isn't Penta supposed to be better? >,>

Now I'm 62, Tabin boots +1 acc+3 nice and all... but my taru rse boots and the str+4 equates to Atk+3. I can't decide which to stick with. Current gear with RSE /sam I hit 320 atk total. 323 with Hasso and +41 acc from gear. With Tabins 317 atk and +44 acc... 320 Hasso.

____________________________
Lptaru~
I am not Linkin Parktaru... I'm just Lp.
And, I happen to be a taru.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)