Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The official "rate my gear" threadFollow

#602 Apr 22 2009 at 3:17 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Byxfluzba wrote:
2. My AF is all +1 and I have no shame in wearing it. In fact, Full drachen is one of my favourite town gear sets.
Ah, then that's a different matter.

Which raises the question, is the AF+1 body any good as a Wheeling Thrust macro piece, in the absence of something better like N.Body?

Byxfluxba wrote:
3. You're only talking about 2hp regen, and you're talking about spending 650k~ on it. Drachen mail is free.
I'm not advocating Barone in any way, shape or form; besides which, AF body affects wyvern, lmaoBarone affects player.

Would rather have Regen thrown on me by the WHM or RDM.

EDIT: my hovercraft is full of jellied eels

Edited, Apr 22nd 2009 11:19am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#603 Apr 22 2009 at 3:22 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,239 posts
Quote:
Ah, then that's a different matter.

Which raises the question, is the AF+1 body any good as a Wheeling Thrust macro piece, in the absence of something better like N.Body?


Considering 6str, 6vit, 7 attack, I would use it for stuff like wheeling and jumps in absence of Heca, zahaks, nuevo, aurum, ares... I'm not sure about comparing it to askar, though I'd still use AF+1 for jump for the vit.

Edited, Apr 22nd 2009 6:23am by Byxfluzba
____________________________
Byxfluzba: Valefor Bastok Rank10
WAR37 MNK9 WHM75 BLM37 RDM37 THF37
PLD42 DRK1 BST10 BRD37 RNG9 SAM41 NIN40 DRG80 SMN40
BLU37 PUP8 COR5 DNC13 SCH75 Merits388
ZM Complete PM Complete AM Complete WM 15.
#604 Apr 22 2009 at 5:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Byxfluzba wrote:
3. You're only talking about 2hp regen, and you're talking about spending 650k~ on it. Drachen mail is free.

4HP regen if used with Crim Mask and Orochi. 5 if /Blu or /Whm, 6 if sanction aswell.

Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.

Edit: Better if you use Drg for events etc. Every job can equip some -Dmg gear and regen gear. It's good to have it macrod in when you're not casting/attacking in case of AoE damage. Besides, anything with AoEs you'd be needed for on Drg (read: for Angon), you wouldn't be /mage, and your wyvern dying wouldn't really matter.

Edited, Apr 22nd 2009 1:37pm by Noodles
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#605 Apr 22 2009 at 5:51 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.
Not everyone has access to The Wyrmking Descends, Noodles.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#606 Apr 22 2009 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.
Not everyone has access to The Wyrmking Descends, Noodles.
If you don't yet, what are you waiting on?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#607 Apr 22 2009 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
bsphil wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.
Not everyone has access to The Wyrmking Descends, Noodles.
If you don't yet, what are you waiting on?
My group to stop farting around and get past Promyvion-Vahzl, mostly; a lack of people on or past ZM16 also tends to create issues.

Also, more people I can rely on to get things done. At the moment I'm counting five, and that's including myself.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#608 Apr 22 2009 at 12:12 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Lucinus wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.
Not everyone has access to The Wyrmking Descends, Noodles.
If you don't yet, what are you waiting on?
My group to stop farting around and get past Promyvion-Vahzl, mostly; a lack of people on or past ZM16 also tends to create issues.

Also, more people I can rely on to get things done. At the moment I'm counting five, and that's including myself.
ZM16 is very simple, FYI. Duoable, so going with less than a full party shouldn't be much of a problem.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#609 Apr 22 2009 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
bsphil wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.
Not everyone has access to The Wyrmking Descends, Noodles.
If you don't yet, what are you waiting on?
My group to stop farting around and get past Promyvion-Vahzl, mostly; a lack of people on or past ZM16 also tends to create issues.

Also, more people I can rely on to get things done. At the moment I'm counting five, and that's including myself.
ZM16 is very simple, FYI. Duoable, so going with less than a full party shouldn't be much of a problem.
I meant in general among people I know, but fair enough. May give it some experimentation after exam season.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#610 Apr 22 2009 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
**
352 posts
Quote:
2. My AF is all +1 and I have no shame in wearing it. In fact, Full drachen is one of my favourite town gear sets.


Nowadays I casual play in it, its kinda like going around incognito.

For more giggles...

I used to get some double /c when first sporting AF+1. Decided to have some fun with it in a random drg burn pt and brought both nq and hq set on me. (which camouflaged well with some of the other members wearing nq.) When I got checked on my HQ set (from a rival pt ready to lol), I clicked my NQ macro in time for the the inevitable double check, then switched back to hq macro when he /c me again. After ~5th /c macroing back and forth, I think he finally realized what I was doing, and sent me a /tell "Lol, I thought my pc was glitching". :P
____________________________
Sgt. Major Athas @ Remora
Merits:199+1, Parry: 230

75 DRG Blm Pld Brd Thf
Got Dragoon?
#611 Apr 22 2009 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
****
4,239 posts
Noodles wrote:
Barone is pretty much free. Can lot mats for points in Baha v2.


Not everyone who does Bv2 has lot rules that allow for being able to lot the ores.


Plus how does lotting (going by my server prices) a 300k ore magically transform itself through a 91smithing synth into an ingot, then magically transforming it through a 92smithing synth into a sheet, then adding it to An orichalcum chain which requires TWO 250k~ orichalcum ingots and a 91goldsmithing synth, a 110k water bead, and about 25-30k worth of other mats... How exactly does that make barone corazza 'pretty much' free.


AthasCVII wrote:

Nowadays I casual play in it, its kinda like going around incognito.

For more giggles...

I used to get some double /c when first sporting AF+1. Decided to have some fun with it in a random drg burn pt and brought both nq and hq set on me. (which camouflaged well with some of the other members wearing nq.) When I got checked on my HQ set (from a rival pt ready to lol), I clicked my NQ macro in time for the the inevitable double check, then switched back to hq macro when he /c me again. After ~5th /c macroing back and forth, I think he finally realized what I was doing, and sent me a /tell "Lol, I thought my pc was glitching". :P


I like to go arround claiming that full wyrm is my melee set, and full drachen+1 is my WS set for luls. This of course, ONLY when I'm not claiming I TP in hecatomb because a drk once claimed I did, so it must be true.
____________________________
Byxfluzba: Valefor Bastok Rank10
WAR37 MNK9 WHM75 BLM37 RDM37 THF37
PLD42 DRK1 BST10 BRD37 RNG9 SAM41 NIN40 DRG80 SMN40
BLU37 PUP8 COR5 DNC13 SCH75 Merits388
ZM Complete PM Complete AM Complete WM 15.
#612 Apr 23 2009 at 4:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Ori ingots drop 100% from KSNM. So with the right resources you're looking at 150-200k max. Not so bad.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#613 Apr 23 2009 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
****
4,239 posts
And you're losing 550k of profit.
____________________________
Byxfluzba: Valefor Bastok Rank10
WAR37 MNK9 WHM75 BLM37 RDM37 THF37
PLD42 DRK1 BST10 BRD37 RNG9 SAM41 NIN40 DRG80 SMN40
BLU37 PUP8 COR5 DNC13 SCH75 Merits388
ZM Complete PM Complete AM Complete WM 15.
#614 Apr 23 2009 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
Can we just remember for a second that Barone body a situational idle-piece that's otherwise total trash but somehow worth 700K?

I dunno about you but I'd rather have the 700K to buy useful stuff.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#615 Apr 23 2009 at 4:37 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
noodles355 wrote:
And then buy it back well in the future when you have the gil to splash on an Idle set for your Drg once your damage sets are good.
Read much?

Assuming you were at the stage I suggest above, what else would there be left to buy? Your lance, head, body, hands, feet, legs and belt would be ra/ex, you'd already have a PCC if not sea neck pieces. You'd have the correct AH rings already, as well as Amem+1, Cuch or Forager's already. You'd also have zahaks and tiphia, if not tathlum.

What else would there be left to buy?

Less "OMG BARONE NEVER GOOD" more reading the actual posts.

Come on Byx, I thought you were the "Best Drg on your server"? Starting not to sound like it.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#616 Apr 23 2009 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
****
4,239 posts
There is always something better to spend your gil on than barone body.

100 notes, imp wootz ingots, better foods.
____________________________
Byxfluzba: Valefor Bastok Rank10
WAR37 MNK9 WHM75 BLM37 RDM37 THF37
PLD42 DRK1 BST10 BRD37 RNG9 SAM41 NIN40 DRG80 SMN40
BLU37 PUP8 COR5 DNC13 SCH75 Merits388
ZM Complete PM Complete AM Complete WM 15.
#617 Apr 23 2009 at 11:56 PM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Noodles wrote:
noodles355 wrote:
And then buy it back well in the future when you have the gil to splash on an Idle set for your Drg once your damage sets are good.
Read much?

Assuming you were at the stage I suggest above, what else would there be left to buy?
Gear to get other jobs levelled, perhaps. Maybe you run an endgame LS. Maybe, as Byx suggested, you're trying to fund a Gungnir, or Ares.

That aside, though, I've already stated you can ask your WHM, RDM or even BRD for some form of Regen while idle, the only exception being if you're in a pickup group and they either don't speak English or are retards (in which case I assume you're meriting, and in which case the whole concept of an idle set is a bit moot anyway)
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#618 Apr 24 2009 at 12:45 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
Posting in support of BARONE BODY NEVER GOOD!

The gil spent on that could be easily spent on another job or current upgrades for DRG. The Regen has no use, especially when you compare it to other pieces that would up your DoT. Faster kills = less need for crappy Auto Regen.

Barone was awesome back in 2006 when it was considered uber cool because it was OMG NEW WAR/DRG TOWN GEAR!!!. It's town gear. If you need the Regen that bad, you suck, plain and simple. And I never tell people they suck over anything. Waste-of-gil Barone users? You suck. Sell that shit and buy an Assault Earring, then go camp Ose and use the gil that you got from selling it to fund "Ose never drops it!" therapy while getting some better body armor.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#619 Apr 24 2009 at 4:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
So why do so many endgame players, melee and mages, buy Orochi Nodawa? Here's a hint: They wont be meleeing in it.

-Dmg and Regen/Refresh idle sets are useful. Stop letting your emotions (your hatred for Barone) cloud your judgement. For Drg: If you have nothing else left to buy then the next step is very-highly-situational setups like this
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#620 Apr 24 2009 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Noodles wrote:
So why do so many endgame players, melee and mages, buy Orochi Nodawa? Here's a hint: They wont be meleeing in it.
unless, of course, they're moronic, like rather a good chunk of the playerbase, or willing to spend 200K on what is essentially a convenience-based farming toy. recall also that Orochi Nodowa is usable by all jobs, but Barone is usable only by two.

Noodles wrote:
-Dmg and Regen/Refresh idle sets are useful. Stop letting your emotions (your hatred for Barone) cloud your judgement. For Drg: If you have nothing else left to buy then the next step is very-highly-situational setups like this
Damage Reduction, yes. Refresh, quite possibly.

Regen,
Solrain wrote:
If you need the Regen that bad, you suck, plain and simple.



Edited, Apr 24th 2009 3:06pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#621 Apr 24 2009 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
I see an awful lot of mages and melee idle in it when not engaged/casting for it to just be for farming.

The reason you dont see barone as much as it is because as you said: it's only for 2 jobs, both of whom are pretty useless compared to other jobs (that the player of a good shell most likely has leveled) for hnm.

But if you have the resources and the gil that you have everything else, which was always what I was suggesting in the first place, then my point still stands.

There is no argument, apart from the cost of obtaining the piece/s, against regen pieces being used when you're healing HP or not engaged. I'm sorry there just isn't. That goes for Barone, Orochi and Crimson. The only other argument you may have is for Wyvern Regen. But if you're recovering a lot of HP (like after weakness), then your wyvern is likely dead. If not, then the choice of drachen vs barone is down to whether you value your wvern's life more than your own or not. If you're not /Mage, your wyvern really isn't a big priority (read: you're an angon *****).

If theres nothing else you can buy for your job, and you have gil saved up you want to spend on that job, then these pieces are an option.
You wouldn't dig into your savings account for groceries when you have a weekly income (Everyone can farm Ladybugs or whatever to get gil for food or tools.)

Edited, Apr 25th 2009 2:37am by Noodles
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#622 Apr 25 2009 at 12:16 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Quote:
There is no argument, apart from the cost of obtaining the piece/s, against regen pieces being used when you're healing HP or not engaged. I'm sorry there just isn't.
Aside from asking your healer for a quick regen, or going /mage and either setting it yourself (/BLU) or casting it (/WHM, /RDM)? The overall cost of that is negligible.

I'd still rather spend the gil on another job, or a craft.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#623 Apr 25 2009 at 5:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Quote:
There is no argument, apart from the cost of obtaining the piece/s, against regen pieces being used when you're healing HP or not engaged. I'm sorry there just isn't.
Aside from asking your healer for a quick regen
"I dont need haste gear because the rdm can just haste me".
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#624 Apr 25 2009 at 6:11 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Chalk and cheese. Regen doesn't increase your DoT output.

Edited, Apr 25th 2009 2:13pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#625 Apr 25 2009 at 2:24 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Noodles has a sound argument. Its a situational piece but if you have nothing else to spend your money on its only one more line in the old spellcast XML. Accually a few more if you also macro it in for jumps. Which you might as well since you have it right? Its a situational piece no doubt about it. I'm not ganna call some one stupid for having it, if they have a good set up where money cant advance them any further.

Say there is some one eating mithkabobs on mamools and cant afford a decent ws build and is using an iron ram lance then yeah you have a point Barone probably shouldn't be their priority.

I'm hoping your being overly negative to keep people away from setting Barone body as a priority. In stead of just being overly negative because you truly cant see the use in a situational piece.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#626 Apr 26 2009 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
I had completely forgotten the Jump argument, but it's still debatable whether it's worth blowing 700K. The Regen argument's still a total straw man, I'm sorry but it is, and in fact so's the Jump one if you're hitting enough Store TP* to not need the extra two points.

Besides which, Barone legs have the exact same Jump TP boost on them, and pretty much every lv.70+ DRG and their grandmother has those, or at the very least had them at some point in their career, and they're a tiny fraction of the price to boot.

*Yes yes, I know about Store TP and multiple-hit WS, but /SAM is the accepted standard, and enough good DD pieces have Store TP anyway; to name a few, Rajas, Brutal, Chiv Chain, and to a lesser degree Ecphoria. /SAM and all of those bump you up to needing only a 2/5 Penta to achieve 6-hit, and even just /SAM and Chiv Chain alone would get you 6-hit with a 3/5. Even for a one-hit situation, for example you're using Wheeling Thrust, one Barone-powered Jump will get you back up to 6-hit, and for what it's worth the legs are probably a more viable macro piece than the body anyway (better available bodies, legs carrying a 25K price tag, and again, the exact same TP bonus)

Edited, Apr 26th 2009 8:39am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#627 Apr 26 2009 at 7:14 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
They stack.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#628 Apr 26 2009 at 9:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
You're trying really hard to aruge this Luc, yet your only valid argument is the price tag, which I've already addressed.

Less irrational hate for something, more using impartial logic.

In truth though, I suppose there wasn't much point in bringing this up. Anyone looking to buy barone for idle, having already owned most other stuff they'd need off the AH probably wont be looking in a DRG equip thread. They'll know what to get.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#629 Apr 26 2009 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Master ketrel wrote:
They stack.
Indeed they do. However, I'm actually struggling to think of a situation where you'd have so little STP that an extra 4 TP per Jump would actually be useful rather than wasted. It would basically require you to have strictly fewer than four points of STP (eliminates Rajas Ring and /SAM), not be getting hit (so that removes soloing, which also means its a no-need-for-Regen situation), and be abusing one-hit WS. And to an extent it would necessitate having both Jump and High Jump available between each WS, which is impossible unless your Accuracy is so poor that you're hitting 100% TP every three minutes.

Effectively, this makes combining Barone body and legs a poor surrogate for an X-hit build.

Edited, Apr 26th 2009 7:52pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#630 Apr 26 2009 at 12:26 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Quote:
Indeed they do. However, I'm actually struggling to think of a situation where you'd have so little STP that an extra 4 TP per Jump would actually be useful rather than wasted. It would basically require you to have strictly fewer than four points of STP (eliminates Rajas Ring and /SAM), not be getting hit (so that removes soloing, which also means its a no-need-for-Regen situation), and be abusing one-hit WS. And to an extent it would necessitate having both Jump and High Jump available between each WS, which is impossible unless your Accuracy is so poor that you're hitting 100% TP every three minutes.

Effectively, this makes combining Barone body and legs a poor surrogate for an X-hit build.


Regardless of this. It still has its place even if you don't want to recognize it.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#631 Apr 26 2009 at 2:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Because STP is not absolute.
Jump TP bonuses should not be used in STP calculations, however you can not deny they increse the chance of shaving off yet another hit occasionally, when added to enemy attacks recieved and meditate.

Think of it this way: Use TP bonuses on top of a 6hit setup, occasionally you may get a 5 hit. To stress again: You don't biuild around it, but you accept it's benefit ontop of other factors you can not quantify on paper.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#632 Apr 26 2009 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
'ello, lookin to have my gear rated.

currently level 50, Mithra. PCC not an option at this point in time


Mythril Lance +1 / Brass Grip +1 / Optical Needle
Walkure Mask / Spike Necklace / Tortoise Earrings +1 x2
Brigadine / Enkelado's Bracelets / Ecphoria Ring / Venerer Ring
Jaguar Mantle / Life Belt / Crow Hose / Mithra RSE2 feet

i usually use marinara pizza

i have battle gloves, also have garrulous and unyeilding rings
i may have enough for a single snipers, if i ever see one in the AH

(also possibly unrelated question: with the new(ish) 2h weapon calculations, 3 dex =4 acc and 3 str = 4 att right? if so wouldn't unyielding ring be equal to venerer)



Edited, Apr 26th 2009 8:34pm by RaussSkyfang
#633 Apr 26 2009 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
435 posts
Quote:
(also possibly unrelated question: with the new(ish) 2h weapon calculations, 3 dex =4 acc and 3 str = 4 att right? if so wouldn't unyielding ring be equal to venerer)


you got it backwards, 4 dex = 3 acc and 4 str = 3 atk.

go for woodsman's ring over snipers, should be cheaper and (arguably) better.
#634 Apr 26 2009 at 4:47 PM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
ah i see. i thought i messed it up somewhere, i just didnt know where :(

the rest of my gear is pretty solid right now though, right?

Edited, Apr 26th 2009 8:48pm by RaussSkyfang
#635 Apr 26 2009 at 7:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Yep, although I'd look to pushing Enkys to WS set (maybe) and using Battle Gloves or AF hands (when you get them) for TP. Also consider Republic Subligar over Crow hose (for WS at least).

Other than that, agreeing on Woodsmans, they are marginally better than snipers, for the simple reason that drg doesn't evade anyway.

Mermans Gorget and 55 and Chiv Chain at 60 (expensive, however) are good. Aim (if you can) for Amemet+1 at 61, again it's expensive but it's such a great piece. Spike @ 55 will replace tortoise earrings and afaik are pretty similar. Assault earring is 58, and whilst a very small upgrade at this time, if you can aford it, it's worth getting, it's probably our 2nd best ear option in the game. No real rush if you dont have the gil though, a Woodsman's ring should definitely take priority.

Apart from that... you're /War right? If not, then you should be.

I'd sell those two other rings: Garolous is an overpriced Sun Ring (AGI is useless). And Unyielding does not yield anything of worth for Drg.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#636 Apr 26 2009 at 9:17 PM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
alright thanks.

i mostly solo, so i'm /blu most of the time, but when i get invited to partys i usually go /war, unless they want me /sam for some odd reason, like the party im in now
#637 Apr 27 2009 at 2:05 AM Rating: Good
**
253 posts
Tonight was a great night for drops, got palla's and alky's. Deciding to sell alky's (800k so i get half)

Since the only other thing i use for WS atm is my Wyrm hands (tp piece is askar) would pallas be a good Drakesbane piece for now, or not even worth it?
#638 Apr 27 2009 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Noodles wrote:
Because STP is not absolute.
Jump TP bonuses should not be used in STP calculations
I accept they're constants, no matter the amount of STP you're throwing on. This doesn't change the content of my previous post in the slightest, though.

[Humour=LightHearted] We sure do bicker like an old married couple from time to time. Half the time it's about how you look when you're going out to a party, and the rest of the time it ain't important anyway so who cares? [/Humour]


Trixtaaaa: Considering it's a four-hit WS that can crit I'm not entirely sure that something lowering your DEX is necessarily the best thing to use -- are N.Hands not an option?

Edited, Apr 27th 2009 6:03pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#639 Apr 27 2009 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
**
253 posts
N.hands will be a future option, for now though I don't see me getting them any time soon.
#640 Apr 27 2009 at 2:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
252 posts
Curious about which piece of equipment you guys think would be best strictly for Drakesbane use only, and lets use birds as the target mob of choice.

This is my current Drakesbane build:

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=3408

and I just got Aurum legs last night, so I can't decide if the 4 STR is worth the switch.

Here's the other gear set so you can view the stat differences:

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=3407

I'm currently thinking yes, but at the same time that -attack and Dex from the switch over is the only thing that has me a little uneasy about it which is why I'm posting this.

Edited, Apr 27th 2009 6:47pm by JMorrison
____________________________
Darsha
Elvaan Male
"Gold****Ballistar"
"Sneaking*Star"
"Shadowy*Star"
"Spearing*Star"
"Paragon of Dark Knight Excellence"
"Paragon of Ninja Excellence"
"Paragon of Dragoon Excellence"

Linkshell: DarkEmblem
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Rank: 10
Jobs:
NIN- 75 DRG- 75 DRK- 75 MNK- 62 PLD- 50

SAM- 45 RNG- 32 WAR- 37 THF- 37
#641 Apr 27 2009 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Strictly Drakes bane piece Id say Zahak's mail.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#642 Apr 27 2009 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
252 posts
Sorry, I guess I didn't make my question clear enough. (My apologies if this sounds like sarcasm, trust me it's not. ><)

My question is what do you think would be better to use for Drakesbane? Askar Dirs or Aurum Cuisses? I'm already well aware of any upgrades I could make in other slots.

Edited, Apr 27th 2009 9:47pm by JMorrison
____________________________
Darsha
Elvaan Male
"Gold****Ballistar"
"Sneaking*Star"
"Shadowy*Star"
"Spearing*Star"
"Paragon of Dark Knight Excellence"
"Paragon of Ninja Excellence"
"Paragon of Dragoon Excellence"

Linkshell: DarkEmblem
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Rank: 10
Jobs:
NIN- 75 DRG- 75 DRK- 75 MNK- 62 PLD- 50

SAM- 45 RNG- 32 WAR- 37 THF- 37
#643 Apr 27 2009 at 10:36 PM Rating: Decent
Master ketrel wrote:
Strictly Drakes bane piece Id say Zahak's mail.


Personally I TP in it, but I've got ace's helm, so with the other gear I've got, I'm essentially trading 1% haste and 1-2acc(W. Turban + Homam body) to gain 14STR 10DEX +3% crit rate in my TP build. As usual, it's all situational.
____________________________
[ffxisig]116315[/ffxisig]
#644 Apr 28 2009 at 12:13 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
JMorrison wrote:
My question is what do you think would be better to use for Drakesbane? Askar Dirs or Aurum Cuisses? I'm already well aware of any upgrades I could make in other slots.
That's actually a very good question, but looking at it I would probably say Aurum. If STR is a mod on a WS it's probably better to prioritise it over other WS mods -- arguably the overall Attack-6* and Accuracy-1 you suffer from exchanging Askar with Aurum does hurt a bit, but one point of Accuracy is neither here nor there and you're gaining 1.0 fSTR to more than make up for the Attack loss.

The real answer, though, would be to parse on G.Colibri if you have both (seeing as apart from level correction, there's not a lot of difference between one pink toucan and the next) or just to not worry about it too much if you have one and not the other. Both look perfectly acceptable in my book.

*That's counting the STR as Attack+3 to almost negate the -4 that Aurum has.

Edited, Apr 28th 2009 8:14am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#645 Apr 28 2009 at 6:42 AM Rating: Good
**
276 posts
Quote:
The real answer, though, would be to parse on G.Colibri if you have both (seeing as apart from level correction, there's not a lot of difference between one pink toucan and the next) or just to not worry about it too much if you have one and not the other. Both look perfectly acceptable in my book.

Out of curiosity why does everyone benchmark against these? Is it just because they're convenient? It seems like it'd make more sense to use bigger game as a standard to parse against for gauging gear differences.
____________________________
Nephtaly - Midgardsormr
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?42106
Bastok 9-1 : ZM 14/DM : CoP 6-4 : ToAU 29 : WotG 2

Merits: 96 Total Merit Points
Polearm 8/8 : Crit Rate 4/4 : Angon 5/5 : Deep Breathing 5/5 : Jump 5/5 : High Jump 3/5
#646 Apr 28 2009 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
cynicalsaint wrote:
Quote:
The real answer, though, would be to parse on G.Colibri if you have both (seeing as apart from level correction, there's not a lot of difference between one pink toucan and the next) or just to not worry about it too much if you have one and not the other. Both look perfectly acceptable in my book.

Out of curiosity why does everyone benchmark against these? Is it just because they're convenient? It seems like it'd make more sense to use bigger game as a standard to parse against for gauging gear differences.
Mostly because their stats are known, they're an extremely popular merit mob, and all things considered you'll be able to get results and a couple of merit points in the bargain. They're still several levels above you, but at the same time they're not so hard that ... actually, forget that, they're not hard at all so you can parse in relative safety assuming your PT isn't made of fuckwits.

Edited, Apr 28th 2009 4:11pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#647 Apr 28 2009 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
****
4,239 posts
They're the only real camp where there is practically no variation in what you're fighting.

You can't realistically use mamools as a bench mark because thfs, nins, wyverns and puks skew stats in all ways.

You can't realistically use trolls as a bench mark because plds, automatons, petrify and stoneskin skew stats in all ways.

" " dynamis.
" " limbus.
" " HNM, unless you want to compile about a hundred of the same mob...

Colibri just works.
____________________________
Byxfluzba: Valefor Bastok Rank10
WAR37 MNK9 WHM75 BLM37 RDM37 THF37
PLD42 DRK1 BST10 BRD37 RNG9 SAM41 NIN40 DRG80 SMN40
BLU37 PUP8 COR5 DNC13 SCH75 Merits388
ZM Complete PM Complete AM Complete WM 15.
#648 Apr 29 2009 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
The only problem I have with everyone using lolibri as a benchmark is most people will gear themselves only for birds. Fight anything harder and they don't change their gear around to compensate. I see it in DD all the time and they complain why they're missing so much during Ein but don't have a problem when it comes to meritting on birds.

Then again, that's mostly their fault for sucking.
____________________________

#649 Apr 29 2009 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
Maxom wrote:
The only problem I have with everyone using lolibri as a benchmark is most people will gear themselves only for birds. Fight anything harder and they don't change their gear around to compensate. I see it in DD all the time and they complain why they're missing so much during Ein but don't have a problem when it comes to meritting on birds.

Then again, that's mostly their fault for sucking.
Well, yes. Typically I just gear myself with the best that's going. Assault static's still burning through to my Amir Boots, Nyzul's starting soon so I'll be bending my mate's arm to get an Askar body (he's already said he owes me loads, though, so take that as metaphorically as you will), my LS wants to start ZNM soon so I'm looking at bits of Aurum...

Colibri are just a low-end benchmark as far as I'm concerned.
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#650 Apr 29 2009 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
There wouldn't be much change between a great colibri haste set and a endgame set really. Askar/Aces, Homam pieces, PCC/Torque, Earrings/Rings, Swift/Speed etc. Those you would all use in your colibri set, and likewise, none of them you'd likely switch out for harder endgame mobs. The only real exception to this, pieces that you'd add into your endgame (harder mobs) set, is arguably Cuch Mantle over Amemet/Foragers. This could be said for the body option aswell, switching from your normal merit body to Homam body. However, if you're using Askar or Aurum, this is debateable anyway due to the STP.

The biggest change would likely be your food: going from mithkabobs on colibri to a proper meat on other merit mobs, to pizza on harder endgame stuff.

If you're fighting lower level stuff, Homam still reigns supreme for feet/legs, as do Brutal, Rajas, Aces/Askar, Amemet+1/Foragers and Swift/Speed. So the only changes you'd be looking to make would probably be an Acc ring to a Str ring, maybe homam hands to dusk... Homam body to an Att piece if you use that... etc, not much.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#651 Apr 29 2009 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
The problem is they don't make these changes. They carry 2 sets of gear, TP and WS, and nothing else. It isn't just DRG but all types of DD.

What makes me laugh the most is when I see a DW WAR/NIN in Einherjar rocking an Askar body full-time and offhanding a Joytoy.
____________________________

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)