Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Reply To Thread

The official "rate my gear" threadFollow

#1 Dec 22 2007 at 4:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,047 posts
Not that I think anyone will use it, but let's try.

Post your gear here and we will rate it instead of making a new thread every day.
____________________________
San d'Oria rank 10; Windurst rank 10; Bastok rank 10; Zilart finished; CoP finished; ToAU finished; Captain
Elvaan DRG75/PLD70/WHM43/WAR37/THF37/RDM37/NIN37/BLU37 Cerberus
Leathercraft: 100+2
#2 Dec 22 2007 at 5:39 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
696 posts
check my sig. thats what im workin with.
____________________________
*Kakorot* ~Sylph~
99 Dragoon
99 Ninja
99 Black Mage
99 Thief
Leathercraft 107+3
Clothcraft 60
Smithing 60
#3 Dec 22 2007 at 7:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,256 posts
Eh. Sure. Why not.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?175722
____________________________
Name: Mouser Tsunderecat
Server: Migardsormr Quetzalcoatl
LS: Eternalbond
99s: DRG BLU DNC WAR PLD SMN RDM DRK THF WHM BLM RUN RNG
#4 Dec 22 2007 at 8:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
633 posts
Not so much a 'rate me' (I know the faults of my gear and what I need to improve on and obtain), but a simple question of: Can Creek M Clomps be a sufficient replacement for Barone Gambieras until I can save up enough money for them?

Oh, and also, the general rule for +haste gear is (IIRC) like... don't wear ANY until you can get at least +10-15%?

Edited, Dec 22nd 2007 8:28am by Kurtziza
#5 Dec 22 2007 at 9:46 AM Rating: Good
***
1,162 posts
Kurtziza wrote:
Oh, and also, the general rule for +haste gear is (IIRC) like... don't wear ANY until you can get at least +10-15%?


I can see this evolving into a haste discussion really quickly, but in general any percentage of Haste will affect your DoT, if only marginally. The accepted principle is to not sacrifice acc/atk for small increases to Haste until you can reach ~9%+. Basically you have to be smart with your equipment.

Here's a link to a previous (pretty good) discussion on the benefits of haste.
____________________________
That is the saving grace of humor, if you fail no one is laughing at you
~A. Whitney Brown

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
~Carl Sagan
---
[ffxisig]135670[/ffxisig]
#6 Dec 22 2007 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Kurtziza wrote:
Not so much a 'rate me' (I know the faults of my gear and what I need to improve on and obtain), but a simple question of: Creek M Clomps be a sufficient replacement for Barone Gambieras until I can save up enough money for them?

Oh, and also, the general rule for +haste gear is (IIRC) like... don't wear ANY until you can get at least +10-15%?


i'd say use the creek clomps, and don't bother with the barone shoes whatsoever. 2STR is just about as good as 5ATT, and 4VIT+4STR is always > 2STR 5ATT for jumps.

if anything, you should work towards homam feet from limbus for a potential haste setup (NQ dusk are an expensive and inferior alternative, while HQ dusk are a really expensive and about equal alternative), and work towards amir feet from mamool ja staging point assault (very easy to get, even in /sh groups in aht urghan) for a situationally superior alternative.

unpacking that slightly, when ACC isn't capped, amir's 6ACC and 5ATT will beat 4STR and 4VIT for both melee and jumps. when your ACC is high enough that it's a raw comparison between 5ATT and 4STR 4VIT, the RSE wins. if you neither parse nor have interest in learning the ACC formulas and calculating ACC% for different camps, a rule of thumb would be: wear RSE at azouph isle staging point and in weaker limbus/dynamis areas (city dynamis), and amir in other merit camps (fighting mamool, trolls, colibri) and harder limbus/dynamis/HNM/etc.

---

as for haste, in general you shouldn't bother with it until you can stack it, but there's qualifications... for example, if swift belt was to be your only haste, you shouldn't wear it because swordbelt+1 and life belt are so good. however, if you're meriting and have capped ACC, w.turban will be better than ohat regardless of how much other haste you have. 5STR head will probably be inferior to turban as well, unless the haste isn't yielding you any extra hits at all.

regardless though, yes haste gets better when stacked, and for that reason it's a good general rule to avoid it until you can get like 12+% total (pulled that number out of nowhere; could have just as well said 10% or 15%).

---

MouserRDM wrote:


looks good to me. i can see certain swaps that would be situationally good (depending on ACC%), but i can't see that setup going wrong anywhere.

---

gokuu,

since you asked, turban > homam head, and a swift belt would be nice.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2007 1:44pm by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#7 Dec 22 2007 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
633 posts
Thank you both for your replies. =]
#8 Dec 22 2007 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
good Idia... ZISSAAAAAAA (sticky!)
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#9 Dec 22 2007 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
37 posts
I'll bite; I'm pretty happy with most of my gear but any comments are welcome. if people actually read the thread this kind of thing might actually help people. ;P

TP gear(WS gear):
Weapon:Mezraq/Love Halberd
Grip: Pole Strap
Ammo: Angon/Bibiki Seashell
Head: Walahra Turban/(Optical Hat or Wyrm Armet)
Neck: Love Torque
Earrings: Brutal/Ethereal
Body: Assault Jerkin/(Hecatomb Harness)
Hands: Dusk Gloves/ (Hecatomb Mittens)
Rings: Sniper's/ Raja's
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Swift Belt/ (Swordbelt+1 or Warwolf)
Legs: Homam Cosciales/ (Drn. Brais +1 or Barone legs)
Feet: Homam Gambieras/ (Hecatomb Leggings)

Like I said, I'm happy with this setup, I can ace out on acc or att if I need but for the most part I stick with haste and I can still eat meat. Hope this helps. Good idea, Darkani.^^
____________________________
____________
Masta, Galka
San d'Oria Rank 9
75 WAR 75 DRG 67 NIN
Garuda Server
#10 Dec 22 2007 at 1:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
MastaofGaruda wrote:
Weapon:Mezraq/Love Halberd
Grip: Pole Strap
Ammo: Angon/Bibiki Seashell
Head: Walahra Turban/(Optical Hat or Wyrm Armet)
Neck: Love Torque
Earrings: Brutal/Ethereal
Body: Assault Jerkin/(Hecatomb Harness)
Hands: Dusk Gloves/ (Hecatomb Mittens)
Rings: Sniper's/ Raja's
Back: Amemet +1
Waist: Swift Belt/ (Swordbelt+1 or Warwolf)
Legs: Homam Cosciales/ (Drn. Brais +1 or Barone legs)
Feet: Homam Gambieras/ (Hecatomb Leggings)


this is the gear setup i am currently aiming for. the items in bold are things i haven't acquired yet (either due to luck or due to not bothering), while the items in italics are things i have basically equal alternatives to (i have neza, homam hands, AF+1 hands, assault earring). i don't have any suggestions because you're doing it exactly as i would/do.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2007 4:52pm by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#11 Dec 22 2007 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
****
4,960 posts
Stickied.
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#12 Dec 23 2007 at 1:19 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
Time for El Skinto to post his gear that probably cost less than 400K in total. XD

This is for DRG61.

Main: Grand Knight's Lance (got rid of my Dark Mezraq just before and made a profit on the time I bought both polearms)
Sub: Mythril Grip (OK, I'm cheap. Hoping to upgrade to Pole Strap when it comes down in price from 50K)
Ranged: X
Ammo: Bibiki Seashell or Happy Egg (solo items. EXP PT, I either just leave them on or go without)

Head: Drachen Armet if solo, Walkure Mask if in PT
Neck: Spike Necklace or Merman's Gorget (Chivalrous Chain will probably make a huge dent in my wallet at 140K, and I don't really see a huge need for it. May upgrade in the future.)
Ear 1: Fang Earring (hoping to upgrade to Assault at some point, but right now it WILL cripple my wallet at 300K)
Ear 2: Insomnia Earring or Beetle Earring +1 (Insomnia when solo, Beetle just something I have knocking around. Will probably upgrade when I get the chance.)

Body: Scorpion Harness (bought from a LS-mate)
Hands: Drachen Finger Gauntlets (not sure when to upgrade...)
Ring 1: Unyielding Ring or Venerer Ring (Unyielding when solo or when I can't be bothered to switch back over - besides, DEX+3 is still closer to Acc+3 now than it was a year ago)
Ring 2: Garrulous Ring (largely because it was a STR-upgrade from the Courage Ring I was using due to insufficient funds for Puissance, and I'm not exactly eager to buy Sun or Victory)

Back: Amemet Mantle (The NQ was 2K when I bought it. I refuse to pass up on such a bargain. HQ is still something like 300K which is out of my price range)
Waist: Swordbelt or Life Belt (Swordbelt was 4K on purchase, Life Belt bought from a friend. May upgrade to Potent if I decide it won't cripple my wallet - it's something like 120K right now)
Legs: Drachen Brais (upgrading to Tiger at 63)
Feet: Drachen Greaves (upgrading to Tiger at 63, again, macroing these into my Jumps thereafter)

Yes, it's crap, but it's what I can do on a crappy bank balance.

EDIT: Should now be easier to differentiate between the gear and my whining.

ADDENDUM: My Dark Mezraq sold (90K!) so I bought a Pole Strap. I'm now saving up for a Potent Belt. I transfer my gil to a mule so that I don't spend it by accident.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2007 4:23am by Lucinus

Edited, Dec 23rd 2007 4:48am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#13 Dec 23 2007 at 2:09 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
696 posts
nevermind my post, i look back and see fail all over this post. this is just someone looking for a "pick me up".
____________________________
*Kakorot* ~Sylph~
99 Dragoon
99 Ninja
99 Black Mage
99 Thief
Leathercraft 107+3
Clothcraft 60
Smithing 60
#14 Dec 23 2007 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
gokuu wrote:
nevermind my post, i look back and see fail all over this post. this is just someone looking for a "pick me up".


+ weird, inscrutable love halberd thread

gokuu,

not having the best holiday season ay; ;? calm down, everything will be alright(:.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#15 Dec 23 2007 at 10:08 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Quote:
nevermind my post, i look back and see fail all over this post. this is just someone looking for a "pick me up".


Your more emo then a jew during xmas... wtf man if you really wanted us to exclude your post you'd have just edited it out...
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#16 Dec 23 2007 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
****
4,960 posts
Master ketrel wrote:
Quote:
nevermind my post, i look back and see fail all over this post. this is just someone looking for a "pick me up".


Your more emo then a jew during xmas... wtf man if you really wanted us to exclude your post you'd have just edited it out...
Wow....just wow.
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#17 Dec 23 2007 at 10:59 AM Rating: Default
****
4,902 posts
its ok because im jewish
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#18 Dec 23 2007 at 11:10 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,375 posts
Why do so many DRGs use Bibiki shell? I understand the +4VIT helps with +jump damage, but you've got to land it first, so I ***** out Acc+ and use a tiphia sting.

Unless the seashell has a latent effect I'm not aware of?
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#19 Dec 23 2007 at 11:12 AM Rating: Default
***
3,959 posts
I use it 'cos I solo rather a lot...

Quote:
its ok because im jewish
Bist du meshugga?
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#20 Dec 23 2007 at 11:14 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Quote:
Bist du meshugga?


ken!

ani ohevet** DRG *^.^*

Edited, Dec 24th 2007 11:28am by ketrel
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#21 Dec 23 2007 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
****
6,375 posts
Lucinus wrote:
I use it 'cos I solo rather a lot...

Quote:
its ok because im jewish
Bist du meshugga?


Yea but tiphia sting is cheap; it's not like you can't have more than one gearset.
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#22 Dec 23 2007 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,162 posts
DaimenKain wrote:
Lucinus wrote:
I use it 'cos I solo rather a lot...

Quote:
its ok because im jewish
Bist du meshugga?


Yea but tiphia sting is cheap; it's not like you can't have more than one gearset.


To players such as you and I, Tiphia Sting is cheap. However for players that are still working on their first job, 200k for 2 acc/atk is not cheap. I'd argue it's actually a waste of gil. I'd rather the Dragoon spend 150K for 5 accuracy from one of their ring slots. At least the Shell does something, albeit little. As has been preached here before, optimize smartly.
____________________________
That is the saving grace of humor, if you fail no one is laughing at you
~A. Whitney Brown

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
~Carl Sagan
---
[ffxisig]135670[/ffxisig]
#23 Dec 23 2007 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
*
105 posts
Fear me.

Working on Mezraq+1.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2007 7:12pm by Doopliss
#24 Dec 23 2007 at 5:00 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,375 posts
Hey guys, I'm a 75DRG and I've been having some difficulties with my gear and I was hoping you could help me out.

TP

Weapon: Gungnir
Grip: Pole Strap
Helm: Ace's Helm
Neck: Love Torque
Ear1: Diabolos's Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Ares
Hands: Dusk Gloves+1
Rings: Mars's Ring and Divisor
Back: Charger's Mantle
Belt: Ninurta's Sash
Legs: Homam
Feet: Dusk Ledelsens +1

Penta setup:

Helm: Hecatomb Cap+1
Neck: Shadow Gorget
Ear1: Bushinomimi
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Ares or Hecatomb+1
Hands: Hecatomb Mittens +1
Rings: Mars's Ring and Rajas
Back: Cerebrus Mantle+1
Waist: Wyrm Belt
Legs: Ares
Feet: Hecatomb Leggings +1

Is this setup any good? I know I'm missing some things and that it's not THAT good, but any suggestions you can give would be great.

____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#25 Dec 23 2007 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
**
619 posts
ROFL
____________________________
BANNED
#26 Dec 23 2007 at 7:57 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,960 posts
DaimenKain wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a 75DRG and I've been having some difficulties with my gear and I was hoping you could help me out.

TP

Weapon: Gungnir
Grip: Pole Strap
Helm: Ace's Helm
Neck: Love Torque
Ear1: Diabolos's Earring
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Ares
Hands: Dusk Gloves+1
Rings: Mars's Ring and Divisor
Back: Charger's Mantle
Belt: Ninurta's Sash
Legs: Homam
Feet: Dusk Ledelsens +1

Penta setup:

Helm: Emperor Hairpin
Neck: Bone Necklace
Ear1: Suppanomimi
Ear2: Drake Earring
Body: Republic Aketon
Hands: Battle Gloves
Rings: Balance Ring Empress Band
Back: Amemet NQ
Waist: Hierarch Belt
Legs: RSE Subligar
Feet: Dream Boots+1

Is this setup any good? I know I'm missing some things and that it's not THAT good, but any suggestions you can give would be great.

Your Penta setup needed work so I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2007 10:57pm by Zisaa
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#27 Dec 24 2007 at 7:13 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,375 posts
omg thanks!!

A few other questions:

I've noticed this hecatomb+1 stuff has great DD stats, but slow+ on it...I think it's worth it to swing a little bit slower when I have slow spell on me for all teh STR and ACC on hecatomb+1 set right? Obviously I would use full hecatomb+1 when the Slow spell isn't on me.

And, I was thinking..is Triton's Lance good to keep? I've been using it for the 2-3 fights getting my level back when I delevel. But my friend tells me to just use the Mezraq+1 I have on mule but it's 75 :(
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#28 Dec 24 2007 at 7:46 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,960 posts
Its funny you say that.

A few months back during one of my many Swift Belt runs, I got schooled on how Haste and Slow works from a party member. Not exactly word for word, but the conversation went something like this.

Zisa: So when I finally get this drop I can start using a haste build for my DRG. It'll only be 9% but its a start til I get other stuff.
Party member: Haste gear only works when you have the spell on you.
Other member: >.>
Zisa: ...
Party member: Slow works the same way. Heca is really good til a mob hits you with slow.
Zisa: ...not exactly.
Other member: LOL
Party member: Thats why people always want RDM or WHM in their parties, they need them for Haste spells.
Zisa: I can't wait to tell my friends with Heca they've been doing it wrong all along. Thanks!
Party member: ^^



Needless to say we didnt get a drop that run. Actually we wiped...horribly.
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#29 Dec 24 2007 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
****
4,902 posts
ask him how much he paid, and if IGE gives discount since its xmas
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#30 Dec 24 2007 at 8:23 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
RATE MY GEARZ

i use imperial neza or love halberd, depending on stones/whim.

input /equip body "Assault Jerkin";
input /equip hands "Homam Manopolas";
input /equip waist "Swordbelt +1";
input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
input /equip r.ring "Rajas Ring";
input /equip l.ring "Sniper's Ring";
input /equip r.ear "Assault Earring";
input /equip l.ear "Brutal Earring";
input /equip neck "Chivalrous Chain";
input /equip ammo "Tiphia Sting";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /equip legs "Homam Cosciales";
input /equip feet "Amir Boots";
input /echo DRG TP gear GO!

input /equip body "Assault Jerkin";
input /equip hands "Drn. Fng. Gnt. +1";
input /equip waist "Warwolf Belt";
input /equip head "Pln. Qalansuwa";
input /equip r.ring "Rajas Ring";
input /equip l.ring "Ruby Ring";
input /equip r.ear "Bushinomimi";
input /equip l.ear "Brutal Earring";
input /equip neck "Chivalrous Chain";
input /equip ammo "Tiphia Sting";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /equip legs "Pln. Seraweels";
input /equip feet "Amir Boots";
input /echo DRG WS gear GO!

input /equip body "Assault Jerkin";
input /equip hands "Drn. Fng. Gnt. +1";
input /equip waist "Warwolf Belt";
input /equip head "Pln. Qalansuwa";
input /equip r.ring "Rajas Ring";
input /equip l.ring "Ruby Ring";
input /equip r.ear "Assault Earring";
input /equip l.ear "Brutal Earring";
input /equip neck "Chivalrous Chain";
input /equip ammo "Bibiki Seashell";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /equip legs "Barone Cosciales";
input /equip feet "Amir Boots";
input /echo DRG jump gear GO!

input /equip body "Assault Jerkin";
input /equip hands "Drn. Fng. Gnt. +1";
input /equip waist "Wyrm Belt";
input /equip head "Pln. Qalansuwa";
input /equip r.ring "Rajas Ring";
input /equip l.ring "Ruby Ring";
input /equip r.ear "Assault Earring";
input /equip l.ear "Brutal Earring";
input /equip neck "Chivalrous Chain";
input /equip ammo "Tiphia Sting";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /equip legs "Wyrm Brais";
input /equip feet "Amir Boots";
input /echo DRG high jump gear GO!

i keep SH, ohat, and life belt with me, and wear wyrm belt when ACC is in the 90s but not capped. i don't wear wyvern helm because i'm stubbornly waiting for wyrm armet (i've been waiting a long time). i usually pass heca stuff since my ls has gotten me so much for MNK and SAM.

i'm not really looking for any advice, i just wanted to Catch The Holiday Rate My Gear spirit. if people have good advice i'm interested though.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#31 Dec 24 2007 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
oh noez milich uses macro haxxx tuuuuu !!!!
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#32 Dec 24 2007 at 8:26 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,375 posts
**** Milich..you use extended macros...shame on you, I thought you were better than that.
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#33 Dec 24 2007 at 8:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
i suppose i could do that thing kachi suggested on the SAM forums a little while ago with the official windower or whatever, but i'm not going to. actually, with my ********* DRG gear, i could get by with normal macros, but macroing out the full gear set is good for people who are too stupid to look in their equip menu and realize their emp pin or "hey look at my relic armor" is still on. ie me.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#34 Dec 24 2007 at 8:41 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,375 posts
Oh yea your DRG gear blows, I mean come on look at what you have:

Wyrm Belt
Rajas Ring
Amir Boots
Brutal Earring
AF+1 gloves


YOU @#%^ING SUCK GIMP

I could let you use my Mars's Ring, Ninurta's Sash and Triton's Lance if you want to try some REAL gear, noob.

Edited, Dec 24th 2007 11:42am by DaimenKain
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#35 Dec 24 2007 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
haha, i know it's not terrible, but a really serious DRG with hecatomb feet/body/head, dusk legs, haste waist/feet, ***** all over mine;;. those are the main difference-makers i think.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#36 Dec 24 2007 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
****
4,960 posts
milich wrote:
haha, i know it's not terrible, but a really serious DRG with hecatomb feet/body/head, dusk legs, haste waist/feet, sh*ts all over mine;;. those are the main difference-makers i think.
Yeah, I'm pretty much limited by lack of haste and WS gear. Hopefully my Nyzul Isle static gets some drops soon.
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#37 Dec 24 2007 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
***
2,874 posts
input /equip sub "Pole Strap";
input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
input /equip neck "Peacock Charm";
input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Ethereal Earring";
input /equip body "Askar Korazin";
input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves";
input /equip ring1 "Divisor Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
input /equip waist "Swift Belt";
input /equip legs "Barbarossa's Zerehs";
input /equip feet "Amir Korazin";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /echo DRG TP Setup

No particular WS set because I just can't be assed to spend money on uncursing heca for the job I don't even use (most of those gear listed is basically my basic SAM or NIN gears)

Usually use Love Halberd for main weapon, so ammo would be virtue, but if I ever get myself a single hitter, it'd be an Olibanum Sachet for ammo.

I'm not gonna bother getting serious on DRG until they expand combat merit some more though, even then I might just get dagger merit for dancer first or something.
____________________________
I am the bone of my katana
Chainmail is my body, and shihei is my blood
I have purchased over a thousand toolbags
Unaware of the gil loss 
Nor aware of the inventory gain 
Withstood pain to create many shadows 
Waiting for utsusemi's recast  
I have no regret, this is the only path  
My whole life was Unlimited Gil Waste
#38 Dec 24 2007 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Quote:
input /equip sub "Pole Strap";
input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
input /equip neck "Peacock Charm";
input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Ethereal Earring";
input /equip body "Askar Korazin";
input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves";
input /equip ring1 "Divisor Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
input /equip waist "Swift Belt";
input /equip legs "Barbarossa's Zerehs";
input /equip feet "Amir Korazin";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /echo DRG TP Setup


ever notice anything weird when you hit this macro:)?
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#39 Dec 24 2007 at 12:01 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
no?
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#40 Dec 24 2007 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
***
2,874 posts
milich wrote:
Quote:
input /equip sub "Pole Strap";
input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
input /equip neck "Peacock Charm";
input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Ethereal Earring";
input /equip body "Askar Korazin";
input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves";
input /equip ring1 "Divisor Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
input /equip waist "Swift Belt";
input /equip legs "Barbarossa's Zerehs";
input /equip feet "Amir Korazin";
input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1";
input /echo DRG TP Setup


ever notice anything weird when you hit this macro:)?


right, boots...but yeah, like I said, I almost never play DRG, nor do I have a WS set, so that macro error is probably there for a long *** time without me realizing.

Edited, Dec 24th 2007 3:10pm by ArsDraconis
____________________________
I am the bone of my katana
Chainmail is my body, and shihei is my blood
I have purchased over a thousand toolbags
Unaware of the gil loss 
Nor aware of the inventory gain 
Withstood pain to create many shadows 
Waiting for utsusemi's recast  
I have no regret, this is the only path  
My whole life was Unlimited Gil Waste
#41 Dec 24 2007 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
zissa I think we need another link in the sticky Smiley: nod X2
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#42 Dec 25 2007 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
****
4,960 posts
Huh? Why?
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#43 Dec 25 2007 at 10:07 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
gewd thread... w/e I'll add it to mine.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#44 Dec 25 2007 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
105 posts
I don't usually play along with gear threads. But, seeing as this one is 'official' maybe I should take a crack at it.

My DRG is level 64. I use a WAR sub, 'cause SAM's at 27 but getting closer.

Polearm: G.K.L
Sub: Pole Strap / Mythril Grip +1
Head: Valkyrie's Mask
Hands: Spiked Finger Gauntlets
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earrings: Assault / Minuet combo, Spike Earring to swap in if wanted
Body: Scorpion Harness / Jaridah Peti
Ring: Woodsman's x2 / Puissance x2
Back: Amemet+1
Belt: Lifebelt / Swordbelt +1
Legs: Feral Trousers (Woot! No Subligar)
Feet: Bounding Boots / Drachen Greaves
Ammo: Tiphia Sting

That's what I'm sitting at now. Once I ding 67 I should have a couple members in my LS ready to take down Ose.


P.S. I'm glad we've got something stickied to try and eliminate the dozen or so gear threads every week.


#45 Dec 25 2007 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
****
4,960 posts
Master ketrel wrote:
gewd thread... w/e I'll add it to mine.


I already added it to mine....I don't get why you wanted me to put it in there....AGAIN.

Edited, Dec 25th 2007 11:40pm by Zisaa
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#46 Dec 25 2007 at 8:59 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
because its kewl...
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#47 Dec 26 2007 at 7:08 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,960 posts
Ketrel you make less and less sense every single time you post.
____________________________
Siralin the Vile wrote:
Zisa doesn't need to drug ******** ******* come to Zisa.

75DRG/75PLD 3/24/04-12/24/08, 6/1/09-??/??/??
#48 Dec 26 2007 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
***
2,874 posts
That implies he had some sense on his previous posts to begin with.
____________________________
I am the bone of my katana
Chainmail is my body, and shihei is my blood
I have purchased over a thousand toolbags
Unaware of the gil loss 
Nor aware of the inventory gain 
Withstood pain to create many shadows 
Waiting for utsusemi's recast  
I have no regret, this is the only path  
My whole life was Unlimited Gil Waste
#49 Dec 26 2007 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180995

I use this gear to TP and WS in. I have STR rings and Palla's for WSing in but I've had way better results with this set up. I use subs unless fighting Colibri then I just use Kabobs over and over. I plan on using Hedgehog Pies from now on unless my static starts killing Colibri again later on then it's right back to cheap Kabobs. Not really sure what else I can upgrade that is worth the money.

As for future gear I plan on getting a Neza(about 1/3 of the way to it already), barone pants, amir boots, rutters, AJ, P.hat, and a fowling earring. I'll most likely sell the SFG for some regular Tar Mitts and use the money to upgrade elsewhere.

Still haven't decided which Nyzul and Salvage pieces I'll be going for first. My playtime isn't what it used to be so that will be playing a huge factor with what I go for first.


Edited, Dec 26th 2007 5:42pm by Maxom
____________________________

#50 Dec 26 2007 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Quote:
As for future gear I plan on getting a Neza(about 1/3 of the way to it already), barone pants, amir boots, rutters, AJ, P.hat, and a fowling earring. I'll most likely sell the SFG for some regular Tar Mitts and use the money to upgrade elsewhere.


the SFG->NQ tarasque day is a great day, indeed.

also, if you have a couple friends to help, camp the fowling earring if it's not dirt cheap yet. no one seems to ever camp the NM, and it's ultimately quite easy.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#51 Dec 26 2007 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
I've been waiting for that day since I dropped 360k on the **** gloves. Only reason I could afford them was because my static was lucky with getting Peacock Charms to drop.

The fowling earring is about 50k on Fenrir so I'll most likely just buy it. Luckly Fenrir has it for one of the cheapest prices server wide.
____________________________

« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (24)