Soloed the 6 avatar fights, (friend needed 6 whispers). Then pt later against fenrir. <Athas:2 Fenrir:1> His Earring obtained this time around.
Initially went /Blu for first 3 avatars with friend buffing me, but switched over to /rdm for last 3 since cocoon + fast trigger spell wasnt really necessary imo.
A few thing to note:
- Of all the avatars, Shiva is the trickiest, imo. Sleepga, Ice Spikes can play havoc on the healing breaths. Spirit link to wake up wyvern. Her Diamond Dust for 1600+ (unresisted, I'm guessing) killed me on first try. :3
- Switched to some HP gear to give me better chance of surviving avatar 2 hours. (gigant, cassie, BQ Ring[cept ifrit =P])
- Alot of the Avatars have atrocious accuracy... I had no eva gear on, and they were missing me 33%-50% of the time, depending on which avatar. Adding more eva gear would make even more difference.
- Empathy SpiritLink Shell to your wyvern to give it best chance of surviving avatar 2 hour. Even with that, wyvern died 2/6 2-hours.
- Fought one avatar in its weak day, but other then that didnt really pay attention to what day we were fighting which avatar, as long as it wasnt its strong day.
Fenrir fight was pretty straight forward - nin, sam/thf, drg/sam, brd, whm, blm. Nin died @ 2 hour despite shell+carol, but as sam and I both had WS ready, and the blm was casting a ES+Freeze2, it was a short fight from that point on.
Edited, Apr 22nd 2008 1:09pm by AthasCVII
Sgt. Major Athas @ Remora
Merits:199+1, Parry: 230
75 DRG Blm Pld Brd Thf Got Dragoon?